• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Compare the two: Edge is once again on top....but what about Christian?

Suneeboy

Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1....2....3
Edge and Christian are connected whether the WWE acknowledges on TV or not.

Christian has been completely injury free since his return to the WWE. He has put the new guys on ECW over time and time again. not only making them look credible, but having them put on some entertaining matches.

Christian is super over, and is underrated for his ability to pump up a crowd and tell a story in the ring, even when there is no premise for the match.

His former tag team partner, and friend Edge was gone for months after an injury, but returned last night at the Royal Rumble. He was pretty flabby and out of shape, and definitely not 100%, however he comes back to win the Rumble. I don't have a problem with that AT ALL, so let me get that out the way..........BUT

What about Christian? Surely he paid his dues and put in as much work as Edge has since his return and has earned his spot. Wouldn't it have been nice to see a new person win the Rumble? Yeah that was Edge's first time winning, but by new I mean never won a world title and never headlined a 'Mania. It would give it a magical feeling, like when Benoit, Mysterio, or Batista won it. The underdog, prevailing and climbing the mountain.

I like Christian. If I could re-write the Rumble, I would have Christian win it, or at least I would have planted the seeds for a real main event run for the guy. Am I crazy? What about Christian?

Why does Edge deserve the type of career he's had and everything given to him, but not Christian, who seems to have worked just as hard?

I would have just had Christian IN the rumble. Period.

I just want the guy to get something back from the company. He's given so much to WWE but doesn't get nearly enough back. I'm thinking he'll get his chance at Money in the Bank though. I think it will be Kofi, Christian, Mark Henry, John Morrison, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Drew Mcyntire and Shelton Benjamin.

Im hoping that Edge challenges Christian for the ECW title. I know its a longshot but Edge vs Taker has been done. Him vs Sheamus doesn't seem to be a WM caliber match

Christian is a guy that Vince has just never been told on. Not tall enough or big enough in his eyes. Sadly, Christian seems like a guy that (if he's lucky enough), if he's around for a long enough period of time like Chris Benoit or Eddie Guerrero, he'll be granted a run with the major title simply due to the demand.

However, stranger things have happened.

However, I agree that he deserves more attention.

A final three of HHH, Christian and Edge, with E&C as the final two would really have set up Christian as a future main eventer and highlighted the history between those two IMO. They totally should have done that.

You guy's would have Christian in the Rumble? Are you kidding me? Christian is the ECW Champion. And the royal rumble winner has the option (though never taken) to face the ECW champion. So that would make no sense at all. The guy's probally liking the fact that he is the ECW champion. They need some veterans over there. He should in time be able to move to Raw or smackdown but why now when he is one of the top three so called Champions.

I think the bad news is that Christian isn't perceived outside of the hardcore fans as a top contender for the two big belts. Even with his previous title reigns and as the top guy in TNA, he still hasn't broken into the main events for WWE. I think the good news is that he's a long reigning ECW champ and is putting over the future of WWE while adding credibility to the inferior (but IMO the more entertaining) brand. I think this is what they wanted to do with Benoit before he went crazy.

I like Christian and although I agree that ECW needs big stars to attract people to it, I think Christian is a lot better than ECW!

He can be believed in as a main eventer and/or champion, just look at his time in TNA! I mean he went from being a mid carder on WWE to the top on TNA, they just blatently saw his potential which obviously Vince does not which is a shame!

Hopefully he gets a main title (I'm excluding ECW here sorry) sooner rather than later and that it won't just be because he's been around years and should have it before he retires!

You guy's would have Christian in the Rumble? Are you kidding me? Christian is the ECW Champion. And the royal rumble winner has the option (though never taken) to face the ECW champion. So that would make no sense at all. The guy's probally liking the fact that he is the ECW champion. They need some veterans over there. He should in time be able to move to Raw or smackdown but why now when he is one of the top three so called Champions.

Let's not kid ourselves here Sparky. The ECW Title is not booked or put over as a legitimate world title and hasn't been for quite some time now. Hell, Orton didn't even mention it last year when he had the choice to pick his opponent.

Why would you think he is liking the fact that he is the ECW Champion? Wouldn't he want more now after holding the title for months and ruling the land of nobodies and has beens? Especially when all of his peers from his era have advanced in the pecking order?

Putting him in the Rumble doesn't hurt anyone storyline wise, and doesn't save any credibility for ECW or the title (if it has any left). They could've even had him in the Rumble anyway since he opened the show. Would be nice to see a different face, yet one that is still familiar and has worked from the bottom to get to the top. There's nothing like a feel good story for the underdog.

well IMO christian IS going to be the LAST ecw champion ever cause once the draft comes around ecw will be no more IMO. but anyways the reason i think he was not givin that "big" push because he was not needed in the mainevent of raw or smackdown so why put him in the mainevent to just job. they are better off waiting because right now the wwe does not need christian (besides to carry ecw to its death) what so ever so why not wait because when edges return gets stale sheaumus loses steam and everyone is getting stale thats when theey will use christian to there advantage. i do not like christian very much but he is a good talent just ever since jack swagger left ecw he has not had a good feud. AND what makes you think he is worthy of a rumble win he has nothing going for him right now besides being the longest reigning champion in wwe right now. he had no momentum going into the rumble so it would of been pointless for him to win because if he did win he would of just jobbed to hhh or someone

I think they're trying to swerve the fans by not mentioning Christian in the main event picture. I think it will be Edge vs Christian at Mania. Remember the event is all about buy rates. This match will have people interested.

I'd have to agree that Christian is not getting enough credit. On ECW he has faced younger talent like Zack Ryder and Yoshi Tatsu and has made both look like potential contenders for the title. Yoshi is the only one IMO that has potential for a title reign but most likely wont due to him being a newbie. Christian is one of the only veterans on ECW, with the next being...Goldust? The problem with the scenario is ECW is being used as a training ground for younger talent, but they need veterans to help develope that talent. What they should do is take wrestlers like Evan Bourne who were great success in the dub, and also suitable talent like Matt Hardy and Chris Jericho who don't have a whole lot going on to bolster the roster. Then take talent like Shelton and Yoshi (that actually could be US or IC champs IMO)and put them on the other rosters. That would allow a nice mix of vets and newbies on the big shows while having a good amount of experienced wrestlers on ECW. Christian would then be able to compete on Raw or Smackdown because of the varying level on talent, allowing him to build up to an epid match we all see coming

Unfortunately he's not. He does hold the record for longest ECW title reign, but he deserves way better. He has had some amazing matches being back with WWE.

But i was hoping he would have won MITB last year too.

I don't understand what the problem is here. Edge has always been a year or two ahead of Christian in terms of character development and push, and then he left for three years. If we assume that he returned at about the same level as he left, then he shouldn't be in the main event until later on this year, which, given the fact he has dominated ECW for a year is probably quite likely. Christian has to bide his time to reach the top, but Edge is already there, which is why he was a contender for the rumble and Christian wasn't.

It doesnt metter if christian has done more in this 6 months that edge as been out! Edge is a credible main event player, while CC has yet to prove to Vince he is ME material. I believe he is ready to make that jump but and to a WHC / WWE championship reing but I have to say that he is the only face of ECW and he the only reason people still watch ECW.

They are very much alike: both are amazing at putting people over! both have experience, they have the skills and mentality to be in the ring BUT Edge as -that- that makes Vince like him and use him as championship holder not Christian.

I read in the beginning of the thread that you wanted him to win (Christian) the Rumble but do you really think that Vince would give the win to a ECW superstar? NEVER!

OH only one more thing: Edge is not on shape? Common he looks the same, he was never a powerhouse of muscle!

EDGEHEAD till the end!

I must be the only one who still considers the ECW title a World Championship. Sure it's not given the credit like the WWE or WHC, but it's still a world class title. It's the top title on its own brand, there for it's a world title. The announcers on ECW even claim it to be on the status of a World title. And I honestly do believe that Edge could end up challenging Christian for the ECW World title.

I mean sure, Vince doesn't like the brand, but let's face it... he's a billionaire. And like he has said before, he will do anything he can to make money off of anything that he owns. So with that said, I do believe that he will give ECW a great spot at Mania and let the world know that the ECW title is indeed one of the choices.

In fact, if you recall the build ups for the Rumble matches over the past years, the ECW title was one of the three that the winner could choose from. Undertaker even showed up on ECW when he won his Rumble to scare Bobby Lashley(?).

Well I'm still praying that some swerve will happen that will make Christian vs Edge at Wrestlemania. Remember the backlash promo they had? I was thinking that had Edge not been injured, there's a possibility that either Edge will have a program with Christian as an ally or foe. And let's face it, Christian will sooner or later be in a program with Edge cause it's kinda inevitable cause the fans (even the younger ones) wants to see it happen down the road. And I've just read that Mr. McMahon will be in ECW tonight so there's still a 1% chance that something happens that makes this WM match come true.

The biggest factor in Christian not main eventing on shows like Raw and Smackdown is VINCE! Vince is, IMO, still punishing Christian for being in TNA. And even more than punishing him, Vince is still trying to prove the point that main event TNA guys are not main event WWE guys (even though Christian came from WWE). Do I agree with Vince? No, I think Christian is great. I think he is better on the mic than Edge, but not as good in the ring. In my opinion, they are about dead even in terms of who is a better superstar. Will Christian get the chance to prove that? Not unless Vince can get his ego in check.

Why does Edge deserve the type of career he's had and everything given to him, but not Christian, who seems to have worked just as hard?

Both guys are great, but it comes down to one sure thing along with a possible second. Edge is better at getting a good reaction out of the crowd as well as having a more successful gimmick, the Ultimate Opportunist. Not that Christian isn't awesome on the mic or in the ring, Edge is just a little better. Then there's also the fact that Edge has remained in WWE the whole time while Christian was in TNA for a while and got his first world title there. It's been said before that Vince doesn't like it when wrestlers in WWE received their first world title in a federation that wasn't his, so he might still be "punishing" Christian for his time in TNA. However, I think that Christian will eventually get his big world title push. Edge deserved his win at the Rumble though, fans missed him and wanted him to return, so they got a really cool moment with Edge showing up unexpected and winning one of the biggest matches of the year. Edge deserves the successful career he has had. Don't worry about Christian, he'll eventually get a huge push and a world title, we just need to keep waiting. It will happen.

An Edge vs Christian feud for the WWE or WHC would be great to see down the road IMO. It would have to be built up properly. I just hope now that Edge is back, Christian isn't given the shaft. He's way over with the crowd and is ready for the main event on Raw or SmackDown. Take the chance. Besides, how cool would it be to see both Edge and Christian as the top two champions in the WWE? Come on! Let it happen!

Christian could win the money in the bank and then when Edge is celebrating in the ring to end Mania he could cash it in then and there. He doesn't necessarily have to win but if they could do a 20 minute match on top of the previous effort (say Jericho vs Edge) then it would make everyone a winner. Edge survives with his newly won title and has a fresh opponent. And Christian is automatically a main event player.

Here is what I think should happen with Christian, because I'm not sure if this either applies in the ECW/NXT section, or the WWE in general:

Keep Christian as champion, but take the ECW belt, and reinstate the Hardcore championship. All due respect to the original ECW (because I have always believed that ECW died when the WWE acquired it), this is what should go as a storyline:

Once NXTGEN debuts, Christian should come out on the SyFy show, and cut a promo, stating sarcastically that "ECW is no longer a part of the WWE, and now, this show has been rebranded as NXTGen, with next generation superstars (blah blah blah)." Christian should then start talking about how the WWE ECW couldn't compete with the ECW from Philadelphia. Then, he takes the WWE ECW belt and says, "And this was the last that the WWE will ever have a hold on ECW, and it's a shame." Christian then grabs a sledge from the ring, and takes the hammer to the ECW belt, smashing it into pieces. "And that is what I thought of the new ECW," proclaiming that Christan will bring a new era of "extreme" to the WWE as the WWE Hardcore champion (up for grabs for all brands).

I think Christian has been really under-appreciated in his time back with the WWE. It would be pointless to list the reasons why he is one of the best in the business. It's a shame that he has been toiling away on ECW for the past year. Edge, got injured, went to rehab, came back and won the Royal Rumble...while Christian is still in the exact same spot as before...except his brand is dying and his proudly-defended title is becoming defunct.

While Edge is one of my favorites, I think it is about time Christian got his due. It seemed that way at last year's Money in The Bank, but alas, it was not to be. It is kind of sad that if Christian does get what's coming to him, it will most likely be in the undercard of Wrestlemania with a bunch of other "up-and-comers," while Edge will be main-eventing the thing.

Christian has been hot with momentum upon his return to the WWE. 2 time and longest-reigning ECW champion, receiving huge pops weekly from the crowd, putting over the young guns, and putting on the most epic matches that we could ever see. There are talks about him possibly going to Smackdown! (which makes the most sense as Raw is overstacked), and I would like for him to either feud with Edge or even bring back Edge and Christian to capture the tag team gold again. However, I hope that if/when he moves to Smackdown, he becomes a world champion. I'm not requesting immediately or anytime soon after being drafted, but he deserves a world title or a shot at it. He's insanely over with the crowd, has great in-ring skills, and great mic skills.

It seems like WWE is "punishing" Christian for a bit since he left and cut a promo on them in TNA. While some may argue he hasn't lost many matches and won the ECW championship since coming back, it's not a big accomplishment. The ECW championship means nothing at this point and he hasn't gone over someone noteworthy in a while. It looks like with ECW going out and NXT coming in, this is the break Christian needs. Christian will go to Smackdown and probably challenge McIntyre for the IC belt or go after Punk right off the bat. Assuming Undertaker takes time off after WM, Christian will get his main even push and should have some great matches with Edge, Jericho, and Punk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back