• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Coming Soon to the Movie Section!

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st WrestleZone Movie Tournament​

WZ's own Bar Room Champions, Papa Shango and Klunderbunker, are currently working their ASSES off to bring the boards the first major WrestleZone Movie Tournament. Spanning numerous decades, genres, and topics, this tournament even is sure to go down as one of the best in WZ history. Get your film brains flexed!

16-Psycho Mini-Slasher Tournament​

In late October, just in time for Halloween, I will be bringing all of you the first ever WrestleZone King of the Killers Tournament. What happens when the blood-spattered weaponry and sadistic creativity of Jason, Freddy, Pinhead, Tallman, Chucky, and 11 others battle it out for murderous supremacy? Find out - tournament will start in mid-October and run until the finals on Halloween and All Saints Day.

We'll have a thread about either each matchup or each bracket held open for a few days. Winner will advance. Vote for who you want.

How do these thing's work? just vote?

If so I'll be voting.

Don't just vote - post, too. The idea of the tournaments is too create discussion and debate about the topics. I mean, you're not required to post, but if you feel strongly about a film, the actor, the plot, the music, etc, then you should post about it. The tournaments are non-spam, so make sure you post quality, not shite.

Thanks for the plug, IC. :thumbsup:

Oh, and KB, just so you know, IC's gonna be doing a mini-tournament tie-in for Halloween. :lmao:

Sorry man, I was gonna let you know, I didn't realize IC was gonna announce it an hour after we had the conversation lol.

Anyways, yes everyone, the 1st-ever Wrestlezone Tournament is on the way. KB and I are back on track after taking a short and, in my case, well needed break from organizing the damn thing. The films have been selected and are locked in, and all that remains is for us to decide how we want the thing to go. I talked with IC today, and he gave me some very good advice. Jake has already offered to set up a sub-forum in Movies and Television section, so whenever either he or IC put that up, I will open our WZ Movie Tournament General Discussion/ Feedback Thread. If everything goes smoothly from here on out, then the Movie Tournament should begin on- mark your calendars, kids- Monday, October 6th.

Just another two things to remember. One of our rules is one movie per series per decade. In other words, for example Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back both were 80s movies and therefore only one is in.

Also, yes, there are a lot of big named films missing. We tried to make a balance of serious/comedic/big moneymakers/lesser known films.

Finally, no movies from this year. In other words, no Dark Knight. In other words, no overrated film from this Summer.

You didn't resolve my issue Klunder, and I will protest if you went with the Two Jakes over Chinatown

Don't just vote - post, too. The idea of the tournaments is too create discussion and debate about the topics. I mean, you're not required to post, but if you feel strongly about a film, the actor, the plot, the music, etc, then you should post about it. The tournaments are non-spam, so make sure you post quality, not shite.

Thank you, IC. I was gonna address this, but I figured you'd probably beat me to it lol.

Because the Tournament is taking place in the Movies and Television forum, then all the rules of that forum apply to the tournament. That includes no spamming. The point is to have intelligent discussions about films of all genres, classic or contemporary. So, if you really don't care enough about the movie to discuss it with the rest of us, then do us a favor, and just don't bother voting. I don't want the matches skewed by people who vote and run. Don't vote for 300 over Million Dollar Baby just because you like Gerard Butler's eight pack. Let us hear what you actually think of the film as a whole.

Thank you, IC. I was gonna address this, but I figured you'd probably beat me to it lol.

Because the Tournament is taking place in the Movies and Television forum, then all the rules of that forum apply to the tournament. That includes no spamming. The point is to have intelligent discussions about films of all genres, classic or contemporary. So, if you really don't care enough about the movie to discuss it with the rest of us, then do us a favor, and just don't bother voting. I don't want the matches skewed by people who vote and run. Don't vote for 300 over Million Dollar Baby just because you like Gerard Butler's eight pack. Let us hear what you actually think of the film as a whole.

That's the only reason I bought the film on Blu Ray. Doody on you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back