Welcome to the 2012 Movie Tournament - READ THIS BEFORE POSTING

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Welcome to the 2012 Wrestlezone Forums Movie Tournament!!​

Ebert2.jpg

I've wanted to take another go at this tournament for over a year now, and I'm incredibly excited that it's actually happening! I know it will be impossible to please everyone with the full list of films, but I feel confident that any lover of the industry, or even the casual movie-goer will be able to find dozens of candidates to latch on to. Keep in mind that this is likely to be one of the more subjective tournaments in forum history, which will make it a whole lot more challenging to successfully defend your favorite films. We don't have super powers, a win/loss record or list of their incredible "feats" to analyze round after round here. You're going to have to do some real, serious debating to try and make your arguments as objective as humanly possible. I look forward to the discussion!

THE TOURNAMENT BEGINS THIS MONDAY, OCTOBER 15TH AT APROX. 3:01AM ET. (If you're wondering about the odd time, it's midnight on the east coast, which makes things a lot easier for me to keep track of) Each round will have 4 days of voting and discussing, followed by a short break to update the brackets and launch the next round. Both the semi-final round and the finals will be held in the "Hollywood" section.

NOTE: The sub-sections don't really mean anything, except that they're a nice way to separate it all out and make the tournament less overwhelming. It's not like the Wrestlezone Tournament, where your arena and promotion matter. You can try and argue that a certain film would win in Bollywood over New York City...but I will laugh at you.

If you haven't read the general Wrestlezone Forums rulebook, please do so before participating int his tournament. For everyone else, please note that the post count IS on for all tournament matches and spam posts will be treated with the usual warnings and infractions. There will be a General Discussion thread for all extra-curricular discussion that will be spam-friendly.

Have fun, and we'll see you all Monday morning!

Update: As per usual in forum tournaments, in the event one of the polls results in a tie, the winner will be decided by how much support it is given in discussion. So make sure you're explain your votes, because it just might mean the decision between a win and a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back