Cody or Drew

Find'er Woo'er Ryder

:( lost ma Mayhem Title
ok so they won the tag titles, lost them to nexuss, had another tag match and broke up. drew is a former i.c champion and is the "chosen one". cody is a 3 time tag team champion and lasted to the bottom 4 in the 2007 or 2008 battle royal i dont remember which one it was. the point of this thread is to discuss which one will hold a world title 1st. both are good in the ring, have good gimmicks, have held gold, and have good mic skills. so wz which will hold a world title 1st

Drew:
Pros-Good on the MIC, Good in the Ring, Decent "Gimmick"
Cons-Huge push Failed

Cody
Pros-Good on the MIC, Good in the Ring, Great Gimmick
Cons-No Knee Pads (srry, couldn't help myself), Thought of as over dramatic

I'm going to go with Drew,
I like Cody,
But in my eyes he has a farther way to go.
Drew was already brought out as the chosen one,
Though he failed,
I don't think it will take long after he finally gets his self together to get the nod backstage.
I just wouldn't be able to accept Cody as a champion first,
He has a good mid-card gimmick going on now,
And that’s where he should stay for a while.

Chances are, it will be Drew McIntyre to hold the title before Cody does. Don't get me wrong. I would much rather have Cody win a world title first, but it just seems as if Drew will be the one to be a world champion; not Cody.

For one, Drew McIntyre was originally proclaimed to be the chosen one---meaning he was in for a BIG push straight to the top. Unfortunately, that push was held off for some estranged reason: possibly because he did not live up to WWE's expectations. However, I wouldn't be surprised if WWE gets back on to that [planned] push and decides to finish through with it and make Drew champion [sometime in the future].

On the other hand, you have Cody, a guy that has adapted the new metrosexual gimmick. While we can all admit it is rather interesting and entertaining, I see as Cody being farther from the list of "Next in line to become World Champion", than McIntyre in the eyse of Vince (and WWE). In fact, I once heard an internet rumor where it was said that Vince was not very high (disliked) on Cody for the very reason of the gimmick he had adapted to.

Drew McIntyre just seems to have a much better chance on becoming champ faster than Cody, whether it be because WWE [might] think more highly on him or whether it be because he is better suited for a title champion; it all adds to the chances that Drew will [most likely] become world champion before Cody does. Though, I can't say that I'm 100% certain on that.

I pretty much agree with Mister Awesome. I would much rather have Cody as champ, but it seems Drew will get there first.

I got to say, I don't see anything in McIntyre. He just seems...generic. Rhodes has a great gimmick and he plays it well. Drew will most likely become World champ first, though. He is "The Chosen One" and Vince thinks Cody "overacts".

Drew:
Pros-Good on the MIC, Good in the Ring, Decent "Gimmick"
Cons-Huge push Failed

How did this push fail exactly? Because he hasn't gotten to the Main Event Scene fast enough? Drew McIntyre is still in his rookie year. He is mentioned every week with the Vince Rub. You can't say it failed if it's legitimately part of the gimmick. These things take time guys; the Title Scene is crowded enough for now. They did a smart move be aligning him with Cody Rhodes to see how well he would fair in partnerships. He has the look of someone who will become champion and he has the attitude needed to get it done. He is quite well in the ring and his demeanor on the microphone is original with his thick accent. Out of the two, Drew will most likely be the champion.

Cody, who has accomplished more in his time and was given a more colorful gimmick, will most likely never even be in a Main Event. That's what happens when you are of smaller stature. His attitude is very Zoolanderish and can be quite laughable in all the Santino ways. This isn't exactly a good thing. Even Vince has been quoted to not like how Cody portays his character.

Notice something here? The Chairman of WWE addresses a packed crowd and states clearly that Drew will be a future WWE champion. The same guy later says he dislikes Cody's acting. It's a no-brainer on who will most likely get the gold sooner in their career.

But hell these two haven't even been around long enough for us to say either way. Back in the day I would have ranted my ass of on how I was positive John Morrison would get the rub sooner than the MTV pretty boy Mike Mizanin. You see how that turned out.

I'm in agreeance with most people on this, and be happy to hold myself to it. Drew will 100% be champion first.

I think the perfect way to look at is their size, Cody is to small, Apart from Rey, what smaller wrestler has been champion in the last 10 years, and Rey is most exposed luchador in the world, which seperates him from every other wrestle under 250 pounds. Yet how long into his career did it take him to reach that?? Cody looks to have the 'Christian Curse' not big enough and the boss dosen't like him.
Drew has the look, size and muscle. Full stop

Cody is certainly more over with the fans presently as he is the only one among the two who has a gimmick. The chosen one is a gimmick as long as the guy is in some high profile feud. Right now Drew is just a tag team wrestler who lost more than he won. Doesn't exactly seem like someone who is the "chosen one". But at the same time there is something about Cody that screams midcard to me. So I guess McIntyre would be the guy to win a World Title first but personally I like Cody more and I feel that both have a long way to go. McIntyre looks more of a main eventer to me and I guess thats a huge advantage to have if you are in the WWE.

Drew McIntyre appears to be the sexy pick of the day. I firmly believe both are world champion bound, and what I think it's going to come down to, is simply who is easier to push to the title. Cody's gimmick is great, but it's very comedic. Also Drew is more physically imposing. Those two factors are what really gives "The Chosen One" the advantage here.

This question is very easy to answer.

Drew McIntyre. He is good in the ring, good on the mic, and has a gimmick that doesn't bore me to death. Plus, he is Vince's "chosen one".

When I look at Drew, I can picture him with a belt around his waist. When I try to do the same thing for Cody, I just can't see it as well. Drew is a bigger guy, too. Obviously, there are more bigger guys in the Main Event than smaller ones. This also lowers Cody's chances to be a WWE Champion.

I see Cody holding the IC title soon. In a few months or so, I predict McIntyre will start chasing the big one.

The very fact that Vince McMahon doesn't see big things in the future of Cody Rhodes because he overacts is gonna cause the primary choice of Drew McIntyre in this case. Drew had the backing of Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Vince McMahon when he was moved up to the main roster. They saw potential in the guy, and there is potential in the guy. There's potential in both, but the very fact that Drew has the backstage backing and had it from the beginning just shows that he is bound to become a world champion sooner than Cody Rhodes most likely.

Cody and Drew are most likely gonna shuffle around in the mid-card for a bit of time until they can build some kind of legacy or earn their stay in the mid-card. That's the reason why Drew wasn't given the world title that he was scheduled to (It was given to Jack Swagger according to rumors). It just shows that Drew is already destined to be a future world champion, and he will get there when he has the backing of the locker room as well.

I remember when there was a thread like this about cody and dibiase. And I was right on the money their. Everyone pegged Ted as the next big star because he had a movie coming up, but I knew he had no charisma, not really good in the ring and quite stale. Then you look at someone like cody, who has a unique look, is good on the mic, really good in the ring (wait untill he starts fighting for singles titles), and has a good gimmick that he didn't get from his dad (like dibiase did). Well what i am getting at is this will be the same. While I do not think Drew is stale or bad in the ring, I do think he hasn't shown any growth since coming to the WWE. While hes been cutting the same promo and using a statement made by McManigan, Cody has been evolving and learning from everyone he has been in the ring with and everyone he has been mentored by.

So cody

In terms of who will hold the big one first, if both eventually do, it should be a unanimous chorus of drew mcintyre chants. But that doesnt rule out peoples preference. Drew is found to be quite stale and boring by a fair chunk of the IWC and cody in comparison is praised as being the better legacy member but just being stuck in a rut currently.

I'm sure if we had a poll of preference it would be something like a 3:1 ratio of cody votes. But I myself can understand that and yet prefer drew as a superstar. Drew's character in itself is one thing that aids him to be more likely in reaching the top. The last guy to really make cody's gimmick successful was HBK and he was only really in the pretty boy gimmick in about 93-94, thats yonks ago.

I stand up for drew not because of his talking, he does has a slightly afeminite voice and is quite underpowering in his delivery and monotinous in tone. I elect drew because of his in-ring gimmick. In the ring he has a very individual unique persona which is a very easily frustratable and overly violent man. All the little things like when he stomped on matt hardy's head, when he kicked r-truth on his second week, when he pulled john morrison under the ring to get a win for a shot of the intercontinental title. All of these little in-ring events are what makes drew special and different. It's what makes his character feel real. In a real fight you don't just leave a guy after hitting him a few times to gloat, you stomp on his head so he can't get back up to win, its just a type of attitude escapism in a PG world.

That in a nutshell is why I like drew, that and he has an awesome theme and entrance...and his facial expressions are really maniacal also. I like cody also more than the average guy, but I realy don't like his gimmick, and if that changes then I may re-consider my answer. Until then, hands down, chosen one.

i'm gonna say codt for a few reasons

one i like better lol
two he has a great gimmick
three drew is the chosen one but hasn't really done anything yet so i don't think he is ready
four he has a better moveset drew's finisher just seems so midcardish to me lol
five he doesn't really need anything else but the push

i know it seems unlikely but i really think the love for drew has died out

Drew.

He is still mentioned every single Smackdown as "The Chosen One" That's for a reason.

I think they were a little disappointed with his in ring work earlier this year which is why the push went to Swagger instead of Mcintyre. You can't dub him The Chosen One and than have him flounder in his first title run, it would make Vince look bad.

He is still the CHosen One and one day, probably within the next year I'd imagine, he will be a World Champ. Just have to make sure all the pieces are in place and all of his skill are at the top of his game.

I like Cody, very good in ring performer, he's just kinda small IMO. I could see him being at the top of Smackdwon one day, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he just stays a constant mid-carder like Christian kind of is, which is fine. He has a lot of good moves in his arsenal but you would have to put him into a big personal feud to really get him over with the crowd, perhaps one with Mysterio?

So, I say i n the end it will be Drew because it's clear they haven't lost faith in him, otherwise they would've dropped "The Chosen One" thing a loooong time ago.

Well I'm going against the trend and saying neither. Jesus, if either one of them wins the title I'll stop watching for awhile, at least.

Drew McIntrye is the lamest, most boring wrestler I've ever set eyes on. He's okay in the ring, but that's it. He f*cking horrible on the mic. I can't believe that out of all the wrestlers on the roster he's "The Chosen One". Shit Vince must have been smoking crack the night he came up with that one.

Cody Rhodes was predestined to tag team purgatory forever. First he had Bob Holly as a partner, and they were okay. Teaming him up with DiBiase was the stupidest thing they could have done. Ted has even less personality than McIntrye and it totally put anything that Rhodes had achieved in the garbage. Then they team him up with McIntrye, good lord , I almost died when I heard that. It did nothing but make you wonder what Rhodes had done to piss Vince off. Now he has the mirror. At the beginning of the "Dashing" gimmick, I was dashing out of the room, everytime it came on. I can stomach it now, but only just.

For the foreseeable future I just don't think either has a chance at a title shot. Both are upper midcard at best.

Drew, simply because the WWE is deluding themselves into thinking Drew's the next big thing, and will draw big. Cody is better in the ring and on the mic. Everything that Drew has going for him are things the WWE has given him, like his amazing entrance, his look, and his feuds.

If it's not obvious already, I think Cody deserves it far more than Drew does, but it seems to me like Drew will get there first.

Mcintyre is more likely. I remember hearing around Wrestlemania they considered him for Money in the Bank. Vince likes him, Triple H likes him. He has a good look he is tall and in good shape. Plus they gave him a run with a smaller singles title first which is usually a good sign. I like Rhodes more but Drew will probably beat him to it.

Personally, I think that Cody Rhodes has more of a future. McIntire impresses me in some ways. He's decent on the mic and can get it done in the ring. However, I've heard various rumors that he's gotten heat several times and doesn't try as hard as he should, considering the push he received.

Rhodes on the other hand has the same skills as McIntire and is also playing his parts well. As a part of Legacy, he played the spoiled lacky of Randy Orton. Then, he moves to Smackdown! and is in the role of a guy that you can hate He almost makes you forget he was in Legacy, which is the point of a new character.

In my opinion, I don't know if he WILL, but I think he SHOULD be in line far ahead of Drew.

I'm going to go against the grain and say Cody Rhodes is superior to Drew McIntyre. I enjoy Cody's gimmick and I think everything from his mic work to his in-ring work is greater than Drew's. I can't take McIntyre seriously, he's sloppy in the ring and his mic work is kind of average. I believe there was even an article on wrestlezone months ago stating that several talents were not sure about working with Drew due to his "green" in-ring performances.

I will say though, both guys have awesome theme music and entrances, sometimes those alone can help push a guy in the right direction. With some higher profile feuds and some more relevant matches both guys could be Intercontinental champions by mid-way through next year.

I understand Vince announced Drew as a potential champion and that he dislikes Cody and thinks he overacts, but Vince declared Elijah Burke a future champion and look how bad they dropped the ball with The Pope.

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes is my pick.

The Chosen One will get a World Title first he is big in shape reallly young improving in the ring hes got the looks and has the support of VKM and HHH..but Cody is really impressing me he is doing great things on sd and he just demolishes teds raw run at the moment and plus hes very young as well has the looks great in the ring good gimmick and his father is dusty which is huge now saying all that i still think he has to work for it alot harder than drew will which isnt fair but at the same time drew deserves to be main eventing soon if sheamus can on RAW The Chosen One can on smackdown

A few months ago I would have said Drew without even thinking twice. His push has obviously cooled off, and Rhodes has moved on to the best gimmick he has ever had, and it is even getting better. I thought McIntyre would have already won the title by now. He was on the fast track. After it was reported he had backstage heat and some of the guys did not like how he performed in the ring, his pushed sort of diminished.

Now with Rhodes being "Dashing", it has opened up a whole new outlook on him. I knew he was good on the mic before. But it wasn't until this gimmick that he really showed he could be one of the best verbally. In ring he remains good. He has always been good, there is no doubt about that. I think he was considered boring for the most part. Much like Ted Dibiase has remained. But Rhodes came out of it.

I guess I would still say McIntyre to win the title first. Since they had put so much effort into his push before, I could see them diving back into it at any time. But it is not as easy of a choice between Drew and Cody, as it was before.

I think Cody will end up winning more World Titles overall though. Once he gets that first one, Cody might explode into the next Edge or Jericho or something. I see Cody as that long time Heel and it will get him far.

Will Drew or Cody get a world title first? Drew McIntyre. Easily. Drew will win a world title before Cody because he is much closer to being a legit threat to the World Championship than Cody is. McIntyre is the "chosen one" and has already been mentioned onscreen as being a future world champion. It's just a matter of getting the right push at the right time. Cody will get there one day too but I see him feuding for the midcard belt for a while first to establish his character a little more. He could not be taken seriously as a threat to the World Championship right now, so he should develop himself in the midcard until he can be. Drew could move on to feud for a world title soon. He is almost there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back