• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What does Drew Mcintyre have that Dolph Ziggler doesn't?

I think there are a couple of simple answers to this question 1 & foremost Drew has the backing of the higher ups in WWE & thats worth more than anything else but beyond that, Drew despite only being 3-4 inchs taller than Dolf looks much bigger and seems in better proportion, lets face it Matt Hardy & Orton arent too different in size but Orton is in much bette proportion, Drew looks very similar to HHH did when he debut with his butler gimmick, & ultimately if you look bigger in the WWE 9 times outta 10 your gonna have a more sucsesful career. Another area i feel drew is stronger than Ziggler is finishers despitre Drew only having a double hook DDT he doesnt half make it look devastating no matter how big/small his opponant, where as the Zig-Zag does that really look like it hurts that much? Drews music helps him too it just screams im going to the top one way or another where as Zigglers shouts mid carder put simply if the WWE wanted to they could mather either or both huge stars but Drew has the overall 'Look' that they want & 'Knows' the right people

The answer to this question is quite simple. He has the backstage support. If you have guys like HHH, HBK, and the chairman of the company on your side odds are you are probably going to get a nice push. A perfect example of this is Sheamus. He becomes buddy buddy with Triple H and he gets a Lesnar like push. If Ziggler had that type of support he would probably already be some sort of champ. It's unfortunate because Ziggler is a way better overall character than McIntyre.

I agree, I do like Ziggler, his brash overconfident playboy hollywood type is brilliant. Its probably the most entertaining out of sheamus, drew mac, and ziggles. Ziggles doesn't seem to be whining his way to the top, it kinda stinks to see someone working hard on the mat (and I'm not doubting that drew mac and shemus don't work hard, but sadley the backstage alliances seem to kinda say otherwise.) but ziggles does get the good crowd reaction and chants and nicknames. I for one enjoyed Morrison and Ziggles' brief feud they had that started the whole Ziggles chants.

McIntyre needs a new finisher asap. his ddt is more of a "snap head to dick attack" move. at the moment the zig-zag is a better move

ziggles has a better look better in ring ability the only thing drew has is vinces approval and a better name IMO ziggles should be in drews position right now

Are you kidding me? If you can't see the fact that McIntyre will be one of the top stars of the business for many years (possibly 2-3 decades) to come, then god help you! The man oozes class and charisma. He is not only technically sound, but he has the "it" factor, even at such a young age. Even Vince McMahon himself sees the potential in McIntyre and Vince isn't going to put his trust in a failure. McIntyre will evolve into the guy that will eventually takes Orton's spot when Orton finally takes HHH's spot...simple as that. People comare McIntyre to Sheamus, but they are not alike, other than both having the "Celtic" thing.

Ziggler is good, but he doesn't quite have the same level of "it" factor as McIntyre. Hard to put a finger on it, but McIntyre just has it (and many of you clearly will know what I'm talking about).

the thing is drew has the vince and hhh behind him. he is boring as heel. cant get over with the crowd. crap on the mic.

ziggler on the other hand is the best wrestler in wwe. he is the only wrestler in wwe atm i enjoy watching. quicker wwe give him the mainevent picture the better. im hoping for a ziggler undertaker feud to set him up.

I think it's as simple as he has polotics on his side. I believe that they are both good solid performers. Both need work on the stick (Ziggler's segment at Breaking Point was horrible) but are solid in the ring. Ziggler in the summer was gold with Mysterio and McIntyre's matches with Morrison were solid.

If I remember correctly, Eric Escobar said Vince MacMahon actually discovered him personally, so if that's true then that's probably why. Dolph Ziggler is probably better but I'm assuming Drew has sucked some people off backstage to get to where he is, Ziggler is superior to him in every way.

Ziggler has his past..

Has had 3 previous storylines and none of them got over. I think Dolph is a great gimmick and he should receive a generous push. Rumor has it though, his push has been derailed (but then again, so was swaggers and look at him now)

And of course Drew has the endorsement of HHH/HBK and the writers no what that means.

well, lets see, he has the look, he was never in a stable of cheerleaders, and most importantly, VinnieMac iss in love with him. He has the entrance of a champion, he has the move set, he is big. Better than Dolph.
Dolph on the other hand, was a cheerleader, he doesn't have a great moveset, he is just about as replica as it gets of mr perfect, he needs to be his own person.
One day though, I'm exoecting Dolph Ziggler to win the intercontinental title.

McIntyre has 2 things going for him that Ziggler doesn't have:

1) The backing of people that are in charge, for some reason. That's the most important thing. If the WWE would've had Ziggler win the IC title, we'd be in a different boat right now.

2) Taller.

It boggles my mind how people think McIntyre has this awesome entrance. Generic rock song coupled with him walking down to the ring at a slow pace. Period. That's it. How is that awesome? More so, how is that original? How is that exciting? Also, he's nowhere near good on the mic, and while Ziggler isn't exactly the Miz either, he at least puts some emotion into things. Ziggler's more entertaining in the ring, but has a worse finisher. McIntyre has a better name, but has a very bland personality.

Guaranteed if he would have made his redebut as Nick Nemeth rather than Dolph Ziggler and if he were as tall as McIntyre, we wouldn't be having this conversation, as McIntyre would still be in FCW or would be in Ziggler's position right now.

If the WWE would've had Ziggler win the IC title, we'd be in a different boat right now.

Can't really say that I agree there. If Ziggler had won the IC title then he still would have lost it last semester when Morrison got his title reign. The only difference would have been that Rey's reign was a week or two shorter. Ziggler would still be in the same spot he's in now because of Drew's push.

It boggles my mind how people think McIntyre has this awesome entrance. Generic rock song coupled with him walking down to the ring at a slow pace. Period. That's it. How is that awesome?

He doesn't have the generic song anymore. The instrumental was underrated in my opinion, but this new song fits his character PERFECTLY. His entrance just screams "heel champion". That's why it's awesome.

More so, how is that original?

Alright, you got me there. It has been done before. You know the old saying though, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".... entrances like these work very well for heels.... it's just a matter of finding the right song to match someone's character and this is a perfect fit for McIntyre.

How is that exciting?

For the same reason that it's awesome.... his entrance shows how his character is an evil arrogant heel champion, handpicked by Vince himself. That song is epic. Even down to the lyrics, everything just fits so perfectly.

Also, he's nowhere near good on the mic, and while Ziggler isn't exactly the Miz either, he at least puts some emotion into things.

Drew is much better on the mic than Ziggler. What exactly don't you like about his promos? That might make it easier for me to respond to this part. Ziggler puts emotions into things? Why do you think that Drew doesn't?

Ziggler's more entertaining in the ring, but has a worse finisher.

I think McIntyre is more entertaining in the ring. His character is more dominant, and having the better finisher is never a bad thing.

McIntyre has a better name, but has a very bland personality.

Not quite seeing it. He's arrogant and knows that he was handpicked by Vince to become a future world champion. He doesn't show any bland personality at all in his promos in my opinion.

Guaranteed if he would have made his redebut as Nick Nemeth rather than Dolph Ziggler and if he were as tall as McIntyre, we wouldn't be having this conversation, as McIntyre would still be in FCW or would be in Ziggler's position right now.

Ziggler's past is not helping him. People still remember his embarrassing run with the Spirit Squad, a stable of male cheerleaders with only one good member in it (Kenny). Then there was his time as Nick Nemeth who was Chavo's underling when he was Kerwin White. I'd take Ziggler over either of those characters any day.... and I would rather see Drew McIntyre's push continue instead of Ziggler getting one. McIntyre has several things that Ziggler doesn't because Drew is better than Ziggler in every single way.

While I don't agree with you, your post was good and I'd be willing to debate this further if you still disagree.

Ziggler over McIntyre today or 10 years from now. With that being said, Ziggles gotta do something with that finisher. Its basically the bizarro version of Shelton Benjamin's move. Do you see what his finisher has gotten him? WWE obscurity! Drew at least took Foley's double arm DDT. Not a great move, but I can imagine being unconscious for 3 seconds because of it. Dolph's move basically says "Let me lay you down real hard so I can pin you!" I try not to speak too much on people's "it" factor or mic skills, but its easy to say you can't get a big push if you can't finish the match with a bang!

What does Drew McIntyre have that Dolph Ziggler doesn't? Well, the Intercontinental Championship is a start. Drew has it. Ziggler? Can't seem to quite win it. Talent is a second and important thing, too. McIntyre has plenty of that to go over. As some have already mentioned it, Drew is on his way to become a Superstar the likes of The Rock, et cetera. McIntyre is and will become what Morrison would have become shouldn't he have failed. His fault? Arguably, sure. But we will never know. Do I like Drew McIntyre? Somewhat. I also have a lot of respect of Ziggler. But Drew has a potential that has yet to be realized and maybe never fully realized granted it's there's so much of it to go around. The guy can probably play any role from the most loveable of babyfaces to the most detested of heels. If he manages to keep up with the pace that the WWE should be pushing him in the next few years, he maybe a World Champion within a year or so, five years being the latest. Dolph Ziggler is tragically one of those wrestlers destined to job and at most achieve success as a United States, Intercontinental or Tag Team champion at best. Some people are born to shine, some not. But the truth of the matter is hard work. The Miz has elevated himself above. John Morrison somehow lost himself along the way. Drew McIntyre is just one of those people, fair or not, who has the advantage of being a natural. Love him or hate him, expect much from him in the future. And lets not forget Sheamus.

You know what, that's a good question. I would rather have Dolph as the IC champion over this Drew fella. I'm not sold on him at all. I was sold on Dolph once he got to Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back