• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk's Talking Dead Appearance

CyberPunk

The Show himself
One of my friends just forwarded me a link of Talking Dead from March 16. This episode features Phil Brooks, Yvette Nicole Brown and Melissa McBride.

Now, this has nothing to do with WWE as throughout the show, their was no mention of CM Punk situation with WWE. In fact, throughout the show, they hardly ever addressed Brooks as Punk. They were strictly talking Walking Dead (a show I've never seen). So there is no point discussing it.

This was Punk's first ever appearance on national TV after 'walking out.' He looked happier to me and kind of healthier (I didn't notice the bags under his eyes though that could be make-up). At one point he even states "I am a better person" when poked by Yvette.

I am just curious about what ya'll think about this. In no way, shape or form it indicates his willingness to return to public eye. Also, throughout the show, he was Phil (the only time 'CM Punk' was mentioned was when the host plugged in his twitter). This indicates he's pretty much done with wrestling for now (there's no way for us to know it though till an official statement is issued).

What's your take on this?

WWE is behind Punk.. He wasn't there on a scheduled WWE appearance so of course they wouldn't mention WWE... I don't watch the Walking Dead or Talking Dead either.. I saw one episode and i was bored to tears.

He's been on the show multiple times and he's been addressed as both Phil Brooks and CM Punk on all of those occasions. Nothing honestly changed since he appeared on the show then to now other than a few WWE name drops, but for the most part it was always about the Walking Dead because that's what the focus has always been on.

There have been many other "big name" guest as well and the exact same thing has happened every time. They've never gone on and on about whatever "star" is on and what they do. It's a night where they drop all that stuff and talk about their love for the show.

My point is, whether he was with the company still or not, it wouldn't have mattered.

Mountain out of a mole hill. Celebrities who go on the show never talk about what they do, with all the talk being on the episode that just aired. It would have been a big deal if WWE owned the name CM Punk, but they don't. Like sTyLnK said; if he was still with them, they wouldn't have talked about his career. It's all about the show, which it should be.

WWE was probably steaming that they had a great chance to get their name out their to such a huge audience, but their name was never mentioned.

The Walking Dead is one of the most highly-watched shows around. That's a lot of viewers to miss out on.

Punk has always branched out into other areas -- He's been on Nerdist a couple of times with Chris Hardwick, so it's not shocker to see him show up on Talking Dead. In all honesty, the people who seem to be bent out of shape about this are fans and the WWE to a lesser degree. I'm not so sure I buy all the "subtle digs" that they've supposedly been throwing his way. On the one hand, I think people read too much into things. On the other, it's not like the WWE hasn't been absolutely petty in the past.

Either way, it doesn't seem like Punk/Brooks is having any of that crap and is going about his life.

I watched it and was rather bored by it. I watched the first season of Walking Dead but have fallen behind ever since the end of that season and never got around to catching up. Thus, I had no clue what anyone was talking about. I only watched because CM Punk was going to be on it. Sadly, that was pretty much a waste of time as no discussion of WWE or wrestling was made. I get it that he was there to talk about The Walking Dead, but come on. Even one statement about wrestling would have been nice. I doubt I was the only wrestling fan who tuned in and felt disappointed from watching it. I liked what I saw on the Walking Dead a couple of years ago, I should get caught up and see the new ones. The further behind I fall the less motivated I feel to catch up is the problem.

Many performers have become disenchanted with their positions in pro wrestling because they weren't being featured despite doing everything they could to make a good impression on their employers. This certainly wasn't the case with Punk, but if his gentle heart was wounded by not being used in the manner he wanted.....if he looked "10 years younger" on the "Talking Dead" program because of the relief he felt from not having to deal with an employer who wasn't doing things in the manner he wanted them done..... if making hundreds of thousands (or millions?) of dollars a year wasn't worth the agony of living in a world in which things aren't done his way, then I suppose he's better off staying away from pro wrestling......or perhaps starting and heading his own wrestling company in which he can dictate everything that goes on.....and depict his "Punk" character in any manner his little heart desires.

He did look great during the program. Here's hoping he lives 'til a hundred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back