• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk vs. John Cena: 'Mania Will Suffer From Its Absence

I don't think we should rule out a triangle match just yet... or four corners, for that matter. I'm not saying we SHOULD have either, but I'm not gonna rule out the possibilities.

The ROCK.....IS..COOKING!!!! up something big for WM27
-Taker vs (i know its said to be triple hhh, but im hoping its not. dont want taker to end too many peoples careers now, taker needs some fresh blood) (taker vs sting, would be an amazing match up)
-edge def. del rio
-cena vs miz (well then jerry had better be champ by then, cause im sick of cena as champ and theres no way that miz could beat cena in a match)
-randy orton vs punk (thats an alright match)
-MITB 4 raw superstars, 4 smackdown superstars
-triple hhh vs sheamous (final match to end the feud) (no need for triple hhh to leave so soon after he returns)
this is, of course, the direction i hope mania goes in, of course, this is my own opinion so please dont blast me about it.

WM27 wont suffer if CM punk dont fight Cena because Sting will be at WM. Sting is coming on Febuary 21st trust me folks. That 2-21-11 video has Sting written all over it.

i dunno man, i too hope that sting still arrives, but its a slim chance so dont promise stuff that will prob not happen.

Eh, while John Cena vs. Punk definitely had the momentum going into Wrestlemania to make it a spectacular main event match, I think the WWE kind of had their hands tied with the title match. RAW is actually extraordinarily messy right now, and has been for months. Going into The Royal Rumble we had Cena and Punk, Orton and Miz, Lawler and Miz, Lawler and Cole, JoMo and Miz, Cena and Orton, JoMo and Sheamus, Orton and Sheamus, and probably a few other feuds/mini-feuds that I forgot. And then at the Rumble we added Orton-Punk and Cena-Miz to the list. Those are 10 feuds/mini feuds going into Wrestlemania that the WWE needed to untangle into three or four matches.

So arguably the most important place to start is the title picture. Who do you put in? Well, Miz seems like an obvious choice, he's the most hated man in the WWE today. So he needs to wrestle against a face... Orton? Been done too many times. Lawler? Not for Wrestlemania. Besides, Lawler vs. Cole will be for more entertaining and worthwhile watching than Lawler vs. Miz. John Morrison? Tempting, but I don't know if he's ready to main event Wrestlemania. That leaves John Cena.

But Cena is involved with Punk, and the feud is going well. Oh well, we can wrap that up at the Royal Rumble and dump it on Randy. Orton vs. Nexus is something we haven't really seen that much of yet and it could be entertaining. The fans are loving everything Orton does right now, and I would imagine see him RKO multiple Nexus members in a matter of seconds will blow the roof off of the building.

So now we have Cena-Miz, Orton-Nexus, and Lawler-Cole with John Morrison and Sheamus being left over. I personally wouldn't mind seeing them lock up for one more match, but I also wouldn't mind seeing them put into a Money in the Bank ladder match or some sort of small pin elimination Battle Royal with a few of RAW's other top wrestlers.

While John Cena vs. CM Punk is a red hot feud and has the potential to be a wildly entertaining match, I don't fault the WWE for doing what they did. Cena vs. Miz should also be great, and while I don't like Orton, putting him against CM Punk and Nexus should be very entertaining, ESPECIALLY if Punk goes over at Mania.

I believe WWE has booked themselves into a corner with all the Raw Cena/Punk matches that has been booked in recent history. The match will have a less than big match feel to it as it has been done on RAW all the time. For me, a Cena/Punk match would be more entertaining than a Miz/Cena or Orton/Punk. I have a sneaky feeling that the WWE do not have faith in either Miz or Orton to provide a good show on their own so they decided to pair them up with someone they had more faith in to ensure 2 quality matches instead of having just one.

This whole thing really confused me. The whole poiint of a high profile feud like Cena/Punk is made for one thing and one thing only....PPV!! These two have had three matches, ane TWO of them, near PPV quality. Now if these two can have two really good 10-minute TV matches, then give them 20 or so on PPV, Punk & Cena seem to have really good chemistry in the ring.

The feud looked like it was going to set the course for 2011....but then suddenly at the Rumble...they switched places! It was Orton/Miz and Punk/Cena as the primary feuds going into the Rumble, and suddenly....then swithced places. I'll give Punk all the credit for giving the WWE booking team a reason to remember why him and Orton should be feuding, but why did they need to divert the course? Clearly the Cena/Punk thing had peoples attention, and the Orton/Miz feud the way it was going, should've ended at 'Mania, with Orton finally winning it back. It was the type of formula that helped make Steve Austin's chase against The Rock in late '98/'99 so succesful.

It's like they think Cena/Miz is the BIG marquee at 'Mania. Despite Orton still being a top guy, for some reason it seems to me the WWE doesen't GET IT fully with him, that he could be just as big an attraction at 'Mania in a title match, as Cena would be.

It's not as if putting Orton in the main event, will make WWE's PPV buy woes any worse!

WrestleMania 27 will not suffer from Cena vs Punk's absence.

Punk vs Orton will be a great match for both of them. Orton's usually always on fire and CM Punk can really step it up here and create a great WrestleMania moment away from Money in the Bank as his Mysterio match last year wasn't anything spectacular. The match makes sense as there's always complaints of things left unresolved. We're getting an issue resolved in just over a month between these two. It's taken CM Punk almost two and a half years, but he's getting there.

The only logical choice aswell for The Miz's championship opponent is John Cena aswell. The Miz really needs someone of John Cena's calibur and status for his WrestleMania match as who else could Miz go against? Orton again? That would be boring and we have seen Miz and Cena feud before but nothing like this, not for the WWE Championship.

That being said, if Cena was to face CM Punk, who'd be left to face The Miz? Randy Orton (Being the only person viable) again and I know that people would complain about seeing Miz and Orton again more than they would about not seeing CM Punk and Cena at WrestleMania. I know that if that happened aswell this forum would be in a fucking riot with everyone's panties in a bunch saying "OH WWE IS SO SHIT, MIZ AND ORTON AGAIN? WTF!!!!!11!!!".

This WrestleMania will be just fine and if Undertaker and Cena go at it next year, then assuming CM Punk and Cena are there for WrestleMania 29, then maybe then. Or hell, maybe Summer Slam this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back