CM Punk To Break His Silence

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Since walking out on the post Royal Rumble Raw roughly half an hour before the show aired, CM Punk and his reasons for doing so has probably been the single most talked about topic in pro wrestling in 2014. Neither he or WWE have made any sort of real statement as to what ultimately happened, why it happened, if either side is to blame, etc.

However, now that CM Punk's WWE contract has officially expired and his profile at WWE.com has been moved to the alumni section, it was only a matter of time before he finally said something. Punk is currently scheduled to be one of the guests on Nerdist Podcast Live with Chris Hardwick on July 26th at 10:30 p.m. in San Diego, CA.

So, will CM Punk throw WWE under the proverbial bus or will he conduct himself like a pro?

Me personally, I'm leaning more towards him being somewhere in the center. I think he'll criticize some choices and decisions made by WWE officials, but I don't think he's gonna go all out Pipe Bomb. My reason is that his new bride, AJ Lee, is back after taking a couple of months off to complete her move to Chicago, get married to Punk and celebrate their honeymoon. I don't think he'll really lay into WWE, whether the company deserves it or not, because it could make things difficult for AJ. It'd be extremely petty for WWE officials to use AJ as a substitute whipping girl for Punk. Maybe I'm not giving officials enough credit but, then again, the only official who truly matters is Vince McMahon, and he's legendary for his capacity to carry a grudge. At the same time, it'd also be petty on Punk's part to shoot his mouth off knowing full well the sort of negative effects it MIGHT have on AJ's career.

Hard to tell with Punk.
He's known to be hard headed and outspoken but according to his dvd he's the type of person that if he cares about you then he's really generous. Like buying Joey Mercury a house so he wouldn't be homeless.

Who knows which Punk will show up for that podcast.

It would be pretty petty of the WWE to punish AJ for anything Punk says but I also wouldn't put it passed them. Although Triple H seems like the voice or reason these days. He got Bruno and Warrior to accept Hall of Fame introductions and during the weekend Warrior got inducted he even asked Hogan not to talk to Warrior or anything until it was all over because he didn't want to upset Warrior in any way.

So perhaps Hunter would be able to reason with Vince.

It's all hypothetical right now anyway. I guess we'll just have to see how the podcast goes.

I'd love to know what exactly happened but I'm 90% sure as to why Punk quit. Backstage politics, WWE's traveling schedule, injuries, and simply mental stress. Like he said "Health and happiness above all". I hope WWE gives him a tribute and he's a candidate for HOF someday. He deserves it very much.

No guarantee he is going to reveal anything. I'm not familiar with the show but he may just discuss his other interests. I feel like wrestling is going to be no more than a brush over part of the interview.

I think Punk will conduct himself like a pro. He knows he can return to WWE whenever he wants to and be welcomed back with open arms. I'm pretty sure Punk doesn't want to do anything to mess up his prodigal son status with the company he walked out on. If Punk were going to throw WWE under the bus, he would have done so immediately after his walkout when emotions were still running high.

I have no idea what direction/tone he'll take, but one thing is for sure. The psycho-analysis of his interview on the internet will be out of control.

Is it actually confirmed that he will break his silence on his WWE exit or is it just another non wwe interview where he ignores the elephant in the room?

Most likely non-wrestling conversation were he avoids to elephant in the room, I don't think he wants to talk about, if he wanted to talk about he's got numerous outlets where he could've, & he hasn't yet, & has not even shown the slightest interest in talking about it.

Eh, this isn't a wrestling podcast, or even remotely related to wrestling. They've had Punk and Jericho on before, and probably Foley, I'm not sure, but it's never really about wrestling. And Chris Hardwick isn't really a wrestling fan either. And it's at Comic-Con. Punks on teh show because he matches interests with the show. I really doubt he'll talk about WWE much, if at all. Maybe if this were a regular Nerdist episode he might, but probably not during a live guest panel. I'm sure he'll throw out a jab or to for those in the audience who are fans though.

No guarantee he is going to reveal anything. I'm not familiar with the show but he may just discuss his other interests. I feel like wrestling is going to be no more than a brush over part of the interview.

Yep. Unless and until otherwise noted, I would assume this interview will have little or nothing to do with wrestling. Just like his Talking Dead appearances and the music award show he's hosting on the 21st. I would guess that the extent of the wrestling conversation will be questions about life after WWE for him...I certainly wouldn't expect an in depth conversation about the details of what happened and why he left.

And I think we can put to bed the talk about any possible retaliation against AJ. The fact that she not only kept the title for more than two months after Punk walked out, but regained it on her first day back, tells us all we need to know about how much she'll be punished for her boyfriend/husband's actions. At the end of the day, Vince is a businessman, and a very good one at that. Contrary to popular belief, he doesn't let his personal feelings get in the way of...what's best for business. If somebody can make him money, he's going to let them make him money.

The reality is it's probably nothing near as exciting as everyone believes...

The facts have been glaring since day one... Every major WWE talent has time off built into their deals, vacations but also "downtime". Guys like Kane, Taker, Henry etc all rotate in and out and have done for many years. Normally it's 2 months a year but arguably can be more.

Often those days can't be taken if you're the champ... and Punk was champ for over a calendar year, and with all the extra promo and media work he had a lot of untaken time stored up... in a normal company, you have to use or lose your time at the end of a year... you can't carry it over. On a contract, you can... but it meant Punk had 6 months of time stored up he could take, was entitled to take without notice and would lose/not be paid for if he didn't.. so he took them... and it just happened he chose to take them to expiry...

THAT'S WHY THEY NEVER SUED! They couldn't... he'd literally done nothing "wrong" other than perhaps not appear to the crowd to explain it...

CM PUNK will head to TNA where he was well known and became a star Dixie will welcome him with open arms huge raise and a champagne for him
It would be wise for Dixie not to get her hands on him = ratings and with the easy schedule and him having the title when he walks into TNA title around his waist is what CM punk needs to show that TNA is not biast and play favorites on certain stars

You never know Punk never got along with worse wrestling excrement and neither did Kurt Angle so jumping ship is essential

CM PUNK will head to TNA where he was well known and became a star Dixie will welcome him with open arms huge raise and a champagne for him
It would be wise for Dixie not to get her hands on him = ratings and with the easy schedule and him having the title when he walks into TNA title around his waist is what CM punk needs to show that TNA is not biast and play favorites on certain stars

You never know Punk never got along with worse wrestling excrement and neither did Kurt Angle so jumping ship is essential

Punk was in TNA for two seconds and definitely didn't make his name there. In fact the people in charge felt like Punk and his partner weren't getting over as heels and quit using them.

Then all the stuff happened with the dude from POH and TNA decided to not let their contracted workers work for ROH anymore so Punk decided to stick with ROH.

Punk is an odd-bird so what he or may not say is anyones guess.. Personally the way he is,he just might go full blown Pipe Bomb. IF AJ retains tomrrow night,then maybe not,but if she drops the title then i say he goes balls to the wall.. This of course is my opinion..

Punk has been known to speak his mind,and not hold back.. Why he left is truly the million dollar question,and i sincerely hope he speaks his mind without fear the WWE might punish AJ for what he has to say.. I think Vince is a businessman and is not like what he used to be..

I know Vince has the reputation for holding grudges,but maybe old age has made him soft at least i hope it has.. I know right now,the internet is buzzing on what he may say.. Who knows he may not want to talk about this at all.. Maybe he wants to talk about his other interests,wife,married life etc..

I've been watching TNA for years, and can quite honestly say that I don't remember CM Punk making any sort of waves at all. And do you really think that TNA can afford to pay Punk more money than he was making working for McMahon. By all accounts and purposes, some of TNA's wrestlers were, don't know if they still are, having problems even getting a paycheck.

Of course TNA's rating will rise, because they really can't sink much lower can they. TNA used to be a good alternative, but in the last two years they've gone severely downhill, and Panda Energy was looking for a buyer at one point. So I think that Punk heading off to TNA for fame, glory and a big fat paycheck is really a fantasy at this point.

Even if Punk decides to talk wrestling, I really don't think he'll be saying as much as we want to believe. And to he honest, maybe Punk's reason for leaving is simply being burned out with the current product. It doesn't always have to be a personal vendetta against the folks behind the scenes or politics. Maybe Punk simply didn't want to commit 100 percent to the current way things are being booked and simply wanted a break or to 'retire'.

Punk seems happy out of the spotlight and if he shows up in public at all, he'll probably talk more about his current interests than actual wrestling. And other than a random guest appearance at an ROH show, I don't think Punk will join another company, either.

To answer the original question, I don't think we'll get much from this interview other than random questions about sports, comics, and music. Wrestling MIGHT come up... I doubt it'll be the main discussion though.

Wow, he actually did kind of break the silence a bit. He was directly asked beforehand if we'd see him in a squared circle again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K5F6xG-Rbs

"Nah, no...never ever ever"

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

He's been on the show before and they mostly related wrestling to each other's career and Punk basically put vince over several times lol.

The IWC hysteria is a joke. I wish people would scrutinize these "journalists" as harshly as they scrutinize the product they supposedly love.

That youtube video shouldn't be taken seriously. He sounds like a guy sick of the questions but who loves to stir shit up.

You know what's the best part of that video was? When he says his twitter is going to blow up and he's going to be held to it.

Personally, I don't care anymore. If he doesn't come, I'll move one (I already have). If he comes, great. We can enjoy what he has to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back