• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CM Punk Ties 25 Year WWE Title Reign Record

ProWrestlingFan

Championship Contender
CM Punk has held the WWE Title for 380 days, which ties John Cena as the longest WWE Championship Title reign in the past 25 years.

73059_10151178546806443_2008912364_n.jpg

I don't think that anyone has mentioned this yet, but a little info on the number of hours that Punk has been champion:

It-s-over-9000-its-over-9000-29849302-496-370.jpg

and the ironic part is, he isn't the #1 on RAW or the WWE...

380 days? Damn. Not a punk fan, but that's still impressive.

Even if Nash had held on for a few more days I still would put Punks behind his. Then again, wrestling isn't as good now as it was in '94-'95.

I say let punk keep the damn belt. Let him have it. Nobody wants it anymore. Its a relic. Cana only wants it back so he can spin it again. Punk only defends it once a month anyway. Theres a queue, and nobody's in it. Fucken golden piece of trash. Represents nothing but tatoo's and veganism. Get those men a flag on a stick and have them fight over that, a flaming slice of americana. Put a smoking skull on it if you need to. But let these men fight over something they care about. Something thats means something to the guys in the back. Those stars are there for a reason!

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!

Even if Nash had held on for a few more days I still would put Punks behind his. Then again, wrestling isn't as good now as it was in '94-'95.

Wrestling was a steaming pile of shit in 94 and 95. That was the same time they had Mabel as King of The Ring and Kevin Nash was a failure as a champ. They also tried to push Lex Luger as the new Hulk Hogan along with Doink The Clown, The Mantaur, The Godwinns and Duke The Dumpster Droese. IRS was feuding with Undrtaker over a damn headstone claiming the guy didn't pay taxes while being dead. If you think the PG WWE sucks now they couldn't even hold a candle to the suck coming out of WWE back then.

Over in WCW you had Hulk Hogan taking on the dungeon of doofuses, getting dry humped by the fruity yummy mummy Yet-tay, and Earthquake dressing up like a ******ed broke ass shark. You also had Hulk and the Giant playing demolition derby with monster trucks on top of the Cobo Arena. Yeah that'll put asses in the seats.:rolleyes:

I'll take a thousand John Cena or CM Punk title reigns over any of the bullshit coming out of the big two back then.

Wrestling was a steaming pile of shit in 94 and 95. That was the same time they had Mabel as King of The Ring and Kevin Nash was a failure as a champ. They also tried to push Lex Luger as the new Hulk Hogan along with Doink The Clown, The Mantaur, The Godwinns and Duke The Dumpster Droese. IRS was feuding with Undrtaker over a damn headstone claiming the guy didn't pay taxes while being dead. If you think the PG WWE sucks now they couldn't even hold a candle to the suck coming out of WWE back then.

Over in WCW you had Hulk Hogan taking on the dungeon of doofuses, getting dry humped by the fruity yummy mummy Yet-tay, and Earthquake dressing up like a ******ed broke ass shark. You also had Hulk and the Giant playing demolition derby with monster trucks on top of the Cobo Arena. Yeah that'll put asses in the seats.:rolleyes:

I'll take a thousand John Cena or CM Punk title reigns over any of the bullshit coming out of the big two back then.

So many memories from that era then. What memories will you have from this one?

So many memories from that era then. What memories will you have from this one?

In order: The Miz winning the WWE CHampionship, the return of The Rock, CM Punk winning the belt at Money in the Bank, John Cena calling Rock out to be his partner at Survivor Series, Undertaker/HHH at WM 28, Cena/Rock at WM 28, The return of Brock Lesnar, Lesnar beating the absolute piss out of Cena at Extreme Rules, Punks heel turn at RAW 1000, RYback running in to save Vince from a GTS causing the arena to explode.

That's just off the top of my head.

Punk's field sobriety test. AJ proposing to Punk. Punk's lie detector test. All classic stuff.

In order: The Miz winning the WWE CHampionship, the return of The Rock, CM Punk winning the belt at Money in the Bank, John Cena calling Rock out to be his partner at Survivor Series, Undertaker/HHH at WM 28, Cena/Rock at WM 28, The return of Brock Lesnar, Lesnar beating the absolute piss out of Cena at Extreme Rules, Punks heel turn at RAW 1000, RYback running in to save Vince from a GTS causing the arena to explode.

That's just off the top of my head.

Fuck off will you remember that in 15+ years time.

Fuck off will you remember that in 15+ years time.

Maybe, maybe not, but the question was if you remembered anything from this era and I answered. If you want the answer to that ask in 15 years

Though Return of Rock, Return of Lesnar and Lesnar/Cena will definitley be things that stick in the old noggin. : P

If you can remember Mantaur after 17 years I'm sure you can remember Darren Young in 15 years. I'll be back then.

That's not many memories and the Austin match will likely never become one.

Give me the colourful characters and largely forgettable matches from that era over the bland characters and largely forgettable matches of this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back