• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Christmas Themed PPV

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
TNA have cancelled Genesis, and have moved Turning Point to November. Why? Only because they have a PPV on the 21st December. So what are they doing? Well it's obvious, they're only going to have a PPV with a Christmas themed name, possibly with Christmas themed match. Sounds awful, it probably will be. I can see the poster now. Nativity scene, Angle as the baby Jesus, Kong, Booker & Rhino as wise men. Awful.

Anybody remember last years Christmas themed iMPACT? Me too, expect a Christmas Cage match. Total with lights on Cage. As well as Abyss using baubles instead of tacs.

Christmas Carnage? Has that been used? It's just that WCW and WWE usually have the monopoly on names with alliteration in them. Just a few ideas for Christmas gimmicks:

North Pole Match:
Like your usual "on a pole" match but with some sort of candy at the end. Naturally, it falls off before it's supposed to and the referee has to pause the match.

Climb the Christmas Tree:
Preferably for the world title. Basically a Christmas tree instead of a ladder. If you can't climb a Christmas tree, you don't belong in wrestling.

THE RETURN OF THE CHRISTMAS CAGE MATCH:
Whoa-oh! Ab-yss! Tweak it to be more like Lockdown but with giant candy canes. Obviously, Christian's pained face after having Matt Morgan break one over him will appear on highlight videos for years to come.

I dunno, my creative juices just aren't flowing today. I'm sure I can think of more.

Sprout Tree Duel Match:

brussel_sprout_igor.jpg

Obviously the opening match of the show. You've got to get the fans into the show early. And because of the rules of the match you can then have clips of the outcome between matches. The Rules. Two wrestlers. They can be serious wrestlers of comedy wrestlers, it's unimportant. This is TNA after all. They have a sprout tree (above, for all you people who thought they were a root vegetable). The idea is to hit your opponent until all of your sprouts have come off. The loser must then eat all the sprouts. That's where all the amusing post match angles come into place.

They should also bring back A.J. Styles in a reindeer outfit. Oh no wait, brainwave. A tag team match where each team is in one of those horse outfits. One is the front, the other is the back.

The ''Fire Russo'' chantch are a mark of success.

I'm going to tweak the Climb the Christmas Tree idea. I'm that dedicated.

Have the tree and the ladders. Quite a tall tree like. It's basically a King of the Mountain match without that penalty box shit. First person to hang the star/fairy/world heavyweight championship atop the tree wins. Maybe have it so the tree can be knocked over - then you can have highlights with Joe chucking AJ into it, and a resounding tingle being exuded as the little whatnots smack together: "OH MY GOOOOD! THERE'S PINE NEEDLES ALL OVER HIS BACK! THIS IS JUST WRONG!". Kurt's on putting it back up duty.

And it's versatile - X Division clusterfuck or heavyweight clusterfuck, take your pick.

I love the pine needles idea. I can just imagine Tenay & West selling it

Don West: ''OH MY GOD HE'S GOT PINE NEEDLES IN HIS BACK''
Mike Tenay: ''Those can be dangerous D.W.''

The wrestler then vanishes for months. You've got to sell these things as well. It's also very versatile, they can use a cactus in Summer.

Don West: ''OH MY GOD THAT CACTUS IS BLEEDING''
Mike Tenay: ''That's water D.W.''

Also, barbed wire has been done to death. My friend Noddy informs me ''It's CHRISTMAS'' so they can have either a board covered in holly, or a baseball bat covered in glitter. I know what you're thinking, glitter doesn't hurt. But this is TNA it's glitter made up of crushed glass.

Also, because WWE does it, Santa has to show his face. And because Angle did it in 2004, he's got to make him tap out.

What could be intresting is a potential fight in the snow. Could be great. But it's probably taking place it Texas, or somewhere where they've never even heard of snow. As a result Dixie Carter and her husband will spend hours outside stapling fake snow to concrete outside the arena. Or maybe The Texas State Atheltic Commission won't let the match take place, 'cus somebody could slip.

For the Christmas Cage Match of course u have to have the christmas lights on the cage and then to make it even cooler, suspended above each corner post is a christmas themed weapon(bag if shattered baubles, giant glass candy cane, angel wrapped in barbed wire etc.) Another match u can have is the Sleigh Ride to Hell Match...basically its like a stretcher match, but instead of draggin ur opponent out of the impact zone on a stretcher u carry them out on a sled. Santa Claus should aslo be guest referee for a match. For the knockouts division u have the naughty girls match where all of the women wear christmas themed lingerie. Its like an elimination match and the only way to get eliminated is to have ur christmas lingerie ripped off entirely. i like the idea of the North Poles Match u could make it for the tag titles each team has a pole in their corner with one of the tag belts suspended at the top of it its like capture the flag, first team to get both of the belts are ur tag team champions. wut a pay per view.

O MY GOD......ULTIMATE X-MAS MATCH!

The scaffolding holding up the cables will have christmas lights and instead of retreiving the X u will retreive a Christmas Star. GREATEST MATCH EVER.

Also, for the Knockouts title it could be the first ever Ho Ho HO Match which is basically a womens triple threat. Of course the 3 women would be wearing christmas themed lingerie.

I don't personally think anything can beat "December to Dismember" or even "Massacre on 34th Street". Those were some good titles. :lmao: But if anyone can pull off Christmas gimmick matches to fill up a wrestling card.. it'll be T.N.A.

I like the Ultimate X-mas idea and it'll likely happen but let's not forget the possibilities of a Six Sides of Steel match. Only it'll have Tinsel lined around the cage and it'll be called something like "Honica in Hell" or something like that. Knowing T.N.A. they'll likely somehow produce a match outside in the snow.. unless it's a Florida based p.p.v.. then they'll use fake snow, but claim it's real.

Reindeer Pen Match: I'd be lying if I said I cam up with this idea. Somebody else did, but I changed it enough to claim it as my own. Which means I am eligible for a TNA job offer now. Or so they'd have you believe.

In case you hadn't guessed this is just like a Hog Pen match. Possibly the most underutilized gimmick match in wrestling history.

Only one problem, do reindeers live in pens?

ok ok let me run down the shitmas i mean christ mas card
Santa's little helpers brawl have one of the beatiful people against odb
ultimate xmas match ok, this isnt my idea i stole it but it probly will happen bot instead of the X it woll be the star of david
christmas chaos match basically a cage full of christmas type weppons
a segmate with all the little X division stars asking for things for christ mas
And best of all Don west dressed as santa and Tenay dressed a frosty the snow man
just perfect TNA quallity christmas shit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back