Christian back to the WWE

Christian coming back to the WWE couldn't have been at a better time. This will definitley put a lot of depth back in the Tag division, which the WWE desperately needs to bring back and make the Tag division interesting.

Also, with the amount of success Edge had as a World Champ, and Christian being a TNA World Champ, hell, the sky is the limit when it comes to WWE success for these two great wrestlers.

In a sense, TNA did wonders for Christian, and it may have even done some good toward his morale as well, considering for the fact that from what I remember, he was stuck doing promos with DDP.

"That's not a bad thing! That's a good thing!"

So, all in all, Christian would make a whole lot of sense to be brought back, either as a Tag or even singles competitor. Either way, it'll be great stuff.

His run in WWE was purposely sabotaged by Triple H.

Was it? I never realized that.

At any rate, in the short time Goldberg was in WWE, he headlined PPV's and was given their world championship belt. They had to pay him a lot of money and I don't recall TV ratings being higher when he was there.

I don't see the advantage of having him back.

From what i've heard Christian will go to Smackdown and be in a tag team with Edge. If this is true i wish he'd just stay in TNA. Why would he actualy want to go to WWE and be in a tag team with Edge ? I gurantee the team would be over in less than 6 months , After that Edge would be back to maineventing and then Christian would be sent to the mid-card ranks. It would make things interesting if Christian signed a contract that GURANTEED him a world title reign. (I think Chris Jerixho and Bigshow signed a simialr deal) If he did that i would go ahead and let him do his tag team thing with Edge. Then after that was over he could have a good feud against Edge. Eventualy he could win the U.S title then around Wrestlemania 26 he could win the Money in the Bank ladder match. Then turn him heel and make him screw John Cena out of the WHC on Raw. That would give us 3 things.

1. A Christian vs Edge feud
2. A Christian vs John Cena feud
3. Christian would finaly win a WWE world title

I dont think theirs anybody who doesnt want to see those things happen. A Christian vs Edge TLC match would probably be match of the year. And a feud against Cena would probably be the best thing Raw's seen in a long time. Overall if Christian moves to WWE it cold be great. He has nothing left to do in TNA anyway.

There was me thinking their runs were cut short because they were awful.

Anyway, I don't think Christian coming back to WWE in its present condition is going to do anything to boost Christian's career.

Maruco mentioned somethings that I'd like to touch on, mainly because I disagree with them in slight places.

1st - Tagging. Why would a guy who is currently in the Main Event Mafia on TNA, alongside some of the biggest names in wrestling in recent years, choose to come back to a company and wrestle a tag division where the biggest names are Miz and Morrison, a guy who transforms when you ring the bell, or a group of second generation 'upstarts' on Raw. I don't think that's much of a step up for Christian.

2nd - Past treatment. As mentioned...Christian was stuck feuding over the European title with DDP. And not evil DDP who feuded with Taker...no, it was motivational smiley guy who annoyed the crap out of everyone and made you wonder why Vince hated WCW made talent so much.

I really don't see WWE pushing Christian towards a championship run if he comes back to WWE, especially considering a man with instant credentials as the 1st WWF undisputed champion had to wait months for the title to come to him.

Now, I really like Christian, and would genuinely love to see him succeed in WWE, but I honestly don't see it happening.

This is an extreme travesty. If there is anything that TNA can do to make a decent offer to Christian they should. Even if they have to sell Jeff Jarrett's kids or Pimp Dixie Carter out on the corner. The impact of having Christian come back to WWE would be the same level as when Jericho made that fateful jump from WCW many years ago. It would be a blow to TNA that I don't think that they can fathon how hard it will hit them. Pretty much WWE rented Christian out to TNA in order to make him a finished and polished world title contender. And it will pay off ten fold for the WWE for having let him go in the first place.

He can come back as a face and receive a pop that could only rival that given to Jericho when he made that jump. They don't even need build up. All they have to do ins play his music and have him come out. The "welcome back" chants alone would drown out anything and everything. And those not chanting would be stunned. He would have the golden touch to make people cheer for Edge again as he could make a save from a beat down or he could come out and play a heel that would get alot more heat than Jericho or Vickie. The only problem that WWE has with signing Christian, no matter what amount they give him, would be to decided whether they need the ratings boost on Smackdown or whether they want RAW's ratings to shoot up. Hard choice huh?

The reforming Edge & Christian would be very cool, and I think like Edge, he has moved onto the bigger stage than when they were a team previously. It would make an excellent team in the Rated RKO sense, where they are a team but still at main event status, rather than just in the tag-team division.

Chirstian should come back and be on ECW there are some many guys returning soon and he will just get burried in the IC/US title picture and i thnik RAW AND SD could survive with out Punk, Santino, Khali and The Brian Kendrick and they should sign some other guys so they could revitalize the show and make it more interesting

Well I'm dying for Christian to return to the WWE as I'm not a huge TNA fan.

My only worry is that if he isn't world champion within 6 months you're all gonna bitch about him being held back.

The WWE and TNA are too completely different companies and I hope Christian is in some top matches/fueds but I don't believe he should just be given a world title straight away.

As it does appear that Christan may be headed back to WWE, I would like to see him come back too Raw. Right now Raw is really struggling. Yes they have Orton, Cena, Jericho, Batista, Rey, HBK, Kane, amongst others. Problem is none of them with the exception of Cena/Orton and Cena/HBK, can really run a feud. Jericho vs Batista was horrible, Jericho vs HBK was goo for the first two matches, but should have ended there. So yes I would liketo see Christan come back and kind of breathe new life into Raw. Lets all face it since the draft SD! has really come to life while Raw suffers. Christan though I don't think will be able to "save" Raw, I do really think that he will be able to give it some new life and quite a few nice and fresh feuds.

Why is everyone so sure he is coming back? Is there anything confirming this? I just don't see it because Vince doesn't want TNA talent and Christian has been a flag waving, company man for TNA since he got there. I just really doubt it. I also really hope it is true because I like established stars lately, there just seems to be too many new guys that are getting thrown against the wall to see what sticks. I mean, Kizarny...are you kidding me?

With sagging ratings, I think Vince will do whatever he can to bring in good established talent, no matter if they were waving the TNA banner or not. He is likely looking at the ratings drop as the result of some of the younger guys not being ready to carry the ball. He might not see Christian as the answer, but I think he would view him in a better light than the guys who haven't been drawing, guys like CM Punk, Kennedy, MVP, etc.

There are tons of fresh feuds he can have if he returns to the WWE... Matt Hardy for ECW Title, vs Edge, vs Chris Jericho, vs Jeff Hardy (possibly for Smackdown title at SummerSlam - ladder match!), vs John Cena might be good.

Even if he were to be right below main event level, he can certainly prop up the IC Title, US Title, or ECW Title scene, and give some legitimacy to those titles.

Reactions: Lee
I'm not too sure on this move if Christian does indeed decide to go to TNA. The WWE is already stacked with main event talent, especially Raw and Smackdown. Not to mention the large amount of upper mid-carders on Smackdown specifically. Sure, Christian Cage was/is a main eventer in TNA, but being a main eventer in TNA is completely different to being a main eventer in a huge company such as the WWE. I like Christian and I love his babyface character in TNA. The guy is consistant both in the ring and on the mic. He would be a good asset to the WWE, but he's a great asset to TNA.

Where would he fit in the WWE? It would be hard for him to become an instant main eventer in the WWE as he isn't a former world champion (TNA World Title doesn't count as it's a different company). He would struggle to make an impact on Smackdown as guys like Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov and a few others are still fairly new to the main event level. He could fit in well on Raw as that brand is struggling for new World Title holders. He will most likely return as a face if he does decide to return to the WWE. On Raw, he could feud with guys like Randy Orton, Chris Jericho and JBL.

However, Raw already has many main eventers which includes: John Cena, Shawn Michaels, Batista, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, JBL, Rey Mysterio and Kane/CM Punk to an extent. Christian will have to intend with all of those superstars if he were to make an impact on the flagship show. But, I'm going against the popular choice here by saying that Christian would best fit in ECW. Matt Hardy has already wrestled against all of ECW's top stars and will therefore need another opponent to face. A Matt Hardy vs Christian face vs face feud could do that brand wonders, not to mention Christian would make a good ECW Champion. The ratings would most likely improve and ECW would instantly gain more credibility as a show.

But I still think he should stay with TNA. That company needs him the most and he is much more recognisable in TNA with the limited roster compared to the WWE's. He would fit in well in ECW and possibly even Raw, but he needs to stay with TNA at the moment. The Main Event Mafia vs New School guys is the current main feud in TNA, and Christian needs to join forces with the New School guys to make the angle more interesting. After that feud is over and done with, he needs to win the TNA Heavyweight Title as he could make a great champion. The fact is: TNA needs Christian the most, at present.

Christian has faced everyone in TNA several times over, there's nothing left for him in that promotion. He could stay and have a repeat of an old feud, or he can go to WWE where there are plenty of oppetunities for him.

WWE mid carder is almost exactly the same as TNA main eventer. Although TNA had slipped down the TNA pecking order anyway so it's a step up however you look at it.

There are so many options and potential feuds for him it's unreal. Him vs. Edge could do well if they promote it straight away before he is in his rightful spot on the card. He's great on the mic, but his actual matches are just good. He's nothing special, never going to have the best match, but never going to have the worst either. Good, solid, dependable.

But verbal sparring alone with the likes of MVP, Jericho, Edge and Kennedy should keep him in good feuds for months, even years to come. There's potential anywhere, especially as a mid card wrestler. Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Punk, Shelton, Kendrick, Umaga. There's about 20 plus new feuds for him. It's a no brainer as far as I'm concerned..

Why is everyone so sure he is coming back? Is there anything confirming this? I just don't see it because Vince doesn't want TNA talent and Christian has been a flag waving, company man for TNA since he got there.

That may be exactly why McMahon would want him. Get the biggest TNA loyalists and make them come to your side by over-paying them.

It's not nice, but it may be a sound business strategy.

Whether it's a story or not to get TNA's ratings up i don't know but considering i do not see much if any of TNA i'd love to see him back in the WWE.

When Christian left i was gutted as i felt he was just starting to turn the corner with being over and his mic and wrestling ability is more than good.

But the problem lies with what others have said, the amount of talent already there, will he get lost in that pile? I sure hope he comes back and gets to be in a main event title hunt as we all know he could.

i would really love it if Cage returned to WWE. he is the main reason that i watch TNA (which says alot for TNA, the main reason i watch them is for a former WWE guy) but if he were to return it would have to be against either edge or jericho with a future title run in the works. he was so under-used in his WWE days, it seemed like he was gunna have a run with cena but nope, jericho had to come in and steal the storyline. another match i'd love to see would be Christian Cage vs Mr. Kennedy. both solid talkers and solid wrestlers. would be epic if built up well enough.

If Christian returns to Raw, he's got to feud with Y2J. These two were great in their last programme, with the roles reversed, Christian could cut some major face promos, and Y2J could work his Heel magic, with their history and the whole, "they've both ended up back in WWE" they could be a good feud.

If it's Smackdown, he's either got to come back and take a big scalp quickly, otherwise he's going to be a heel.

If Christian returns, i think it could be awesum if they put him in ECW as a heel, then he could feud with Matt Hardy over the Championship. it could then lead to having the Hardy brothers feud with Edge and Christian respectively, and could lead to an awesum winner take all TLC match at either a regular PPV or even at Wrestlemania. Even though i think that most matches at Wrestlemania should be regular matches, a TLC match with these four wrestlers, who have all vastly improved from when they were first participating in that type of match, could be a legendary main event, the merch selling, extremely over Hardys vs the E-mazing Edge, and his partner the returning Christian. the result itself doesn't really matter, because all are capable of holding the belt for some period of time, and even as a spot-fest it would sell

First of all if Christian does return, they have to learn how to use him correctly. If they really want to get him over, they will stick him in a feud with someone who can help him get over (alas Triple-H, HBK, Cena and Undertaker). Or if they want to have him feud with Edge, make Christian the face and let him feud with his bro over the WWE Title. That would make for some entartaining fights. Christian already has the mic skills and he sure as hell has the fighting skills, why not. Christian does not have to be a midcarder. He was good enough to fight Kurt Angle so I believe he is good enough to fight the Game or the Deadman.

I think the best option for WWE to do is send Christian to Smackdown as a main event face in place of Kennedy, whom they should switch over to ECW and give him the ECW championship as a test run. If they can't trust Kennedy yet for the WWE title, they could give him the ECW title and its not as much of a risk, but with Christian, he's had his exposure to the main event at TNA, so he's better adjusted. Sure, main event in TNA isn't main event in the WWE, but its a step up from what he was when he left.

Christian vs. Edge after WrestleMania - hopefully after we have Hardy beat Edge at the event :)

Two posts above me, somebody mentioned that Christian could, if he does indeed end up in the WWE, come back in Kennedy's place on Smackdown. That would be good, I think. Christian could be the right guy to have feuding with Shelton, Kendrick, MVP and others over the US title.. Christian is very talented and I think he could give mini pushes to those guys. Would be nice.

Then, after Wrestlemania, he could have an EPIC feud with Edge. That was be insane. Both of them are so improved since the last time they did something together. Edge is arguably the best heel in the business right now and we all know how good Christian is on the mic. And both of them are pretty good at putting on exciting matches. I'd love for that to happen.

But, of course, Christian has to sign with WWE first. I think it'd be the best move for him, financially. I'd like to see him back. He's one of my favorites. I just hope that he can be on the main event scene in the WWE and doesn't get stuck as a mid-carder again.

Sorry about the late reply. but yeah.... I just had too.
If Christian returns, i think it could be awesum if they put him in ECW as a heel,
Why on earth would they put somebody that is a main eventer into ECW. Way to waste Talent. that would be the biggest let down ever.
then he could feud with Matt Hardy over the Championship.
Oh Yay. That would be exciting.
it could then lead to having the Hardy brothers feud with Edge and Christian respectively, and could lead to an awesum winner take all TLC match at either a regular PPV or even at Wrestlemania.
:disappointed:
Even though i think that most matches at Wrestlemania should be regular matches, a TLC match with these four wrestlers, who have all vastly improved from when they were first participating in that type of match, could be a legendary main event, the merch selling, extremely over Hardys vs the E-mazing Edge, and his partner the returning Christian.
Yeah I could see that happening. Lets on the biggest PPV of the year put The WWE Champion and the ECW Champion in a tag team match.

Best way to bring him back would be to have him come back and fued with John Cena. that fued was one i missed out on minus a few PPv's I saw and i think it would have great potential. Have him come in as an entrance in the Royal Rumble. and let him win. BAM Edge Vs Christian or Edge vs Cena for the Title. either way it would be a good match.

I'm worried that nothing has happened since this story broke. It reminds me of that time quite a while ago when it was "reported" that Abyss was coming over only for it to have been a TNA work to get some people talking. I really hope Christian comes back, in any capacity, but I'm starting to doubt it.

With the way they talked about it in TNA, he'll be back. It seemed like a build up for him to return and head the Originals, or at least get his pay back. I mean, seriously; why would they ANNOUNCE him going to the competition?

I know... I mean TNA has the ability to be a little "out of the box" and "take down the curtain" by talking about backstage happenings but they did it so half assed if he was actually gone. They would either say nothing or make it seem like they forced him to go back to WWE because he couldn't cut it in TNA or something. Its too fishy and I'll belive it when I see it. I do hope it happens though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back