Christian back to the WWE

OIL

Championship Contender
Several sites have been reporting that Christian Cage is "set to stay with TNA", and that "there was no talk of him actually having any intentions on going to WWE and that those rumors were inaccurate".

I'm hearing the opposite and that it is more than likely that Cage will end up back in WWE for one last run.

The current economy has not helped anyone with investments and it is very possible that Cage sees one last WWE run as the best way to solidify his family's financial security.

An additional rumor I'm hearing is that the Turning Point PPV or TV's that follow might be Christian Cage's last appearances for TNA, and that there may even be an angle in play that "says goodbye" to him tonight.

ChristianCage-NWAWHC.jpg

So it looks like Christian will be heading back to the WWE. Personally, I couldn't be happier. In the ring he is more than solid, and has proved that in TNA with his World Title run. I've watched a few of his matches in TNA and they were very good, so he hasn't lost anything. Promo wise he is solid aswell, and better than most.

When he does return, he should go into the World Title scene, or Intercontinental Title scene. Either would suit him, but him being in the WHC picture would be refreshing, and a fued between him and Jericho could turn into something magnificant. He doesn't deserve to be in anything lower, and since it will probably be his last run he should have a World Title reign as he has been a good worker for the WWE.

Thoughts?

This could be great. TNA managed to bring out a main-event level of performance from him and if WWE could do the same, Christian could be a new main eventer in WWE as well. Always liked Christian and his work, but he never got "there" while in WWE. That's changed now. I'm not joking when I say Christian Cage is in the top tier as far as workrate and mic skills go.

Christian should return as a tweener-leaning-towards-face and definitely to Raw. He could go to SmackDown as well, but then he'd have to be all-out face and quite frankly Raw needs him more. Ease him back into the fans' consciousness with some vignettes or something, or better yet have him shock the world by appearing from out of nowhere. He should have a quick run at the top like Jericho did when he returned and then be pushed down a little, only for a more prolonged run at the top if he's over enough and delivers on par with the best he has done so far.

I'd love to see Christian back in WWE. He could be a great asset.

I'm so happy with this. I hated how WWE used Cage in the past and hopefully seeing how TNA capitalized on his talent will change their minds. Cage is very talented and has better in ring work and mic skills and most, and I think he could have great feuds as an upper mid card wrestler, who gets a few title matches. I think a feud between him and Jericho would be golden. I really hope this rumor is true because Cage could help WWE a lot.

Take these reports with a grain of salt in my opinion. It is the internet, and I don't trust it.

Two school of thoughts, good for Christian the financial entrepeuner, bad for Christian and his character. Obviously some thoguths of "selling out" might pop into my mind. But he is a grown man and can do what he wants to.

For me though, it's a terrible decision as a character to leave TNA. Christian had all of the right ools in his first run, and he's better now, but he'll be over looked. A returning Edge, John Cena, a white hot Hardy, Jericho the heel, and the 40 plus crowd all hogging the main event, doesn't leave much room for Cage now does it? This isn't going to be the glorious return to main event status, it'll be a wonderful shot at Shelton Benjamin and the US Title, before fading to obscurity once again.

Well if Christian does move back to WWE it will be a huge loss for TNA, TNA brang the best out of him and if WWE have a renewed intrest in him then this shows how well he has done since leaving them does'nt it? I understand he may move back to WWE because of the financial trouble at the moment but the question to ask is what has he been doing with his wages? i think i'm right in saying these wrestlers get a huge amount of money?

Yeah, Christian has done well in TNA as i said earlier and this could be the possible reason for his return,as the OP said Christian showed more then enough to be called a decent main event, his promos are excellent and his mic skills are also a great addition. He also has a special way of making us believe the storylines are real, he uses great facial expressions and a great storytelling voice which automaticallysuck the person into what he is saying. he'd be another great addition to the WWE in my opinion.

If Cage does appear back in WWE he can't just be pushed into the main event almost straight away. It'll be wrong and unfair on others who deserve the title or a shot before him. i'd like to see him return on Smackdown and possibly feud with Edge or Big Show then go after a title, preferably the US title or something like that rather then having the pressure of holding the WWE title just after he returns. Whatever happens i hope he does reappear in WWEagain and stays for good.

Anyone think this is just a TNA angle? I mean supposedly they are throwing him a going away party on Impact, and do you think they would actually mention that one of their top stars would be going back to their main competition on the air? If this is true I have no clue what they are going to do with him. In my opinion he needs to have a group behind him or just have a partner along the way it seems to work best for him. I hope he gets a main event push but i don't know if its gonna happen

I could see a WWE Championship feud with Jeff Hardy next summer. Those two have so much of a backstory, it would be like Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels in the mid to late 90's. I'm not saying these two are, or would be, as big of stars as Hart and HBK, but there is definitely history there that they can build upon. A SummerSlam ladder match for the WWE Championship after a 3 month feud would likely be the match of the year.

i hope this is true and it most likely is i think christian was better in wwe not sayig tna was bad for him tna was great for him 2 world title regins i just hope they dont screw him over he deserves one title run but first he should work his way up start at IC/US and build a massive edge and christian return against the hardys and edge turns on christian leading to what should be a classic world title fued

How many times have we heard that TNA superstars were headed to the WWE? so take this report with a grain of salt.

I agree with Count Shockula, as long as their are main event cloggers like HBK, JBL, Batista and HHH Christian will never amount to anything in the main event scene. But i dont think the WWE will misuse him.

Christian's best option career wise is to stay with TNA but for his financial status he needs to go to the WWE. Only time will tell when he'll sign with the WWE i just hope he signs after the main event cloggers are gone in one or two more years.

i agree the internet is just spreading crap again. if Christan is going back to wwe he needs to go to raw. feud with y2j would be sweet. or if he goes to smackdown put him back with Edge and get Tomko and build a face stable against Vickie. she could have big show, umaga,Kennedy,MVP on her side. this would be the only two ways to help wwe. Christan is way more valuable now that TNA has built him up. better mic skills and ring skills equals big success if played right.

I really do wonder if this is an angle by TNA. Similarly, it could also be a ploy by Christian to get a better offer from his current employer.

That said, I hope he's coming back to WWE.

Maybe he could even become Edge's brother again, an angle that got lost in the last year he worked for WWE.

I'm actually really excited for this but I am unsure if this is the best decision. Obviously he will be making more money which is good for him, but I am just not sure WWE will push him to the top because he did ditch them for TNA and than went on to badmouth his former company. Anyway's regardless where Christian ends up(Mainevent, midcard, tag team)I think it will be great. Christian is solid in the ring, very effective on the mic, and since his stint in TNA can now be looked at as a legit main event wrestler. I think it would be best for him to Smackdown as a heel just because Smackdown is lacking on mainevent heels(Kozlov, Edge?, Big Show, MVP?)and maybe feud with Edge or Jeff Hardy. But since I think the fans will welcome Christian back he might have to be a face for the first few weeks at least. But again I take everything I hear on Wrestling sites with a grain of salt.

i hope that christian returns to the wwe
he now could be an interesting option for both raw or smackdown
but in main event matches (a feud with y2j will be GOLD)

it would be sad that the wwe doesnt give him a world title push for leaving the company years ago

I have been a Christian fan since I first started watching wrestling. I always thought that his mic skills and wrestling skills were already at the top, but I must admit that TNA has really improved him in every way.

Quite frankly, I would be the happiest person in the world if Christian decided to return to WWE, even if it were for a short time. I personally think that he should go to Smackdown if he does return. That being because that's where he was prior to leaving WWE and was only there for about 4 months. SD! needs him more than RAW as the World Heavyweight Championship is a title that mostly any wrestler can hold whereas the WWE Championship is held by wrestlers in which they could trust. RAW has enough main-eventers with Jericho, Batista, HBK, J.B.L., Orton, and others. SD! only REALLY has Triple H, but are pushing people like Jeff Hardy, Vladimir Kozlov, and others who aren't quite ready.

Christian should first feud with Vladimir Kozlov are be the first person to pin him. Christian being the first man to pin Kozlov is a push by itself. Then after a while, Christian could challenge for the United States Championship and then re-unite with Edge. After Edge somehow costs Christian the U.S. Championship, they feud for a while with Christian getting the upper-hand more times than not.

Once all that is over, Christian will finally challenge for the WWE Championship and all is well.

Why do you want him to go back to WWE? So he can be HHH, Kozlov's or Cena's next whipping boy? I'd rather see Edge in TNA which seems inevitable at this point in time but he'd probably have to drop the name Edge. And Christian needs to stick w/ TNA for the time being. Maybe next year?

As for Edge, He's done everything he can in WWE and quite frankly I hate how he won his first world title and the one after that and the next one. I honestly wish his first title run was as a face but injuries and Brock Lesnar and Triple H prevented that from happening.

i would love him to come back to WWE. mmmm what brand tho. not smackdown i am guessing. maybe RAW but that is also filled with enough main event stars. and i dont see him coming to ECW. maybe smackdown where we can be one of vickies side kicks and have a feud with edge ( if he is face) or triple H or jeff hardy. toughie.

Id like to see him back, sure he had a decent run in TNA but what he done in TNA the last few month? Job to Booker T. I think he will be more credible coming back and there are many ways you could use him. He also has shown he can work as a face too.

Ok first and foremost I would like to stress that I think this is a complete work on behalf of TNA and Christian Cage is NOT going to WWE.

Although just assume he's coming back, is it good or bad? I think it would be a terrible move for him, why? A number of reasons;

1) Main event;

The reason Christian went to TNA over staying with WWE was so he could be on the main event scene. I've said it once and I'll save it again, WWE made Christian, TNA took him up two notches.

If Christian would come to WWE he wouldn't be in the title frame of either Raw or Smackdown and I just can't see him going to ECW.

2) Edge;

In WWE Christian's brother is Edge, simple as, we all know that this is kayfabe, but your average wrestling fan does not. If Christian returned to WWE he'd have to do something with Edge, whether this would be a fued or a tag team, either way it would hold them back. Edge is on an extended leave of absence 'in hell' and will most definitely be feuding with the Undertaker when he returns.

3) Do WWE need him?

No, quite simply they do not as I mentioned earlier, there is no space for him on the main event scene, and it would be a poor decision to have him in the midcard. I'm also sure that WWE would want to put him down, afterall he was one of the first to 'jump ship' why should they go out of their way for him?

As I've noted, I think Christian Cage should stay in TNA, he is a great worker, brilliant on the mic, a great all rounder. I feel this would be lost returning to WWE and he can utilise his talents much better in TNA.

This would be a big step forward for TNA if it's true. Sure, they'd be losing a potential main eventer but, as far as I remember, a wrestler has never departed TNA and returned high up in the rankings of TNA. The only other people this could plausibly happen to are Angle and Sting.

I'd actually be quite excited to see Christian back in the WWE, but let's be honest, even if he did get beyond the upper card, it probably wouldn't last. At best, he can hope for a CM Punk style WHC reign - no way in hell he'd be able to get that title off Triple H, no one can. Point is, he'd be doomed back to midcard mediocrity eventually, like I think Jericho is.

Overall though, I doubt this is true.

Christian in wwe again then he should be in ecw to feud with matt hardy
Smackdown is going to be too packed with Edge, Umaga, Helms and kennedy returning and the debut of kizarny and possibly Dos Caras Jr. and with Undertaker and triple H on top and raw is also packed

Seeing as how ECW is in a ratings battle with TNA, maybe sending Christian there wouldn't be such a bad thing. It could definitely help legitimize it more, giving it another 'superstar'. As much as I'd like to see a Smackdown feud for the WWE Title between him and Jeff Hardy next summer, I think a ECW Title feud with him and Matt Hardy would be pretty good as well.

From the sounds of it, if the article is accurate, then he wants to go back for the payday, not necessarily worrying about his place on the card. He can still main event a cable show with a 1.0 rating, give or take a few percentage points, and get his payday at the same time.

Seeing as how ECW is in a ratings battle with TNA, maybe sending Christian there wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I don't think you can really claim that ECW and TNA are in a ratings battle with each other. They are on different days and even then, TNA is an hour longer, and I believe that Spike is more widely available. Sure they get around the same ratings, but they're not in a battle really if they're not actually head to head.

With that said, I think it would be a HUGE mistake if he did leave and went to ECW. ECW is worthless, the title is worthless. I would watch it to see him debut and then never watch it again as I just don't see any value in it.

I'd like Christian to stay with TNA so TNA can keep a "big name" guy and grow but I'd also enjoy him back in WWE. Losing him will be a blow, but it also shows that guys are now jumping back and forth. Unfortunately, WWE has $ that's just too hard to walk away from. The question is, will he get pushed or not?

As other said earlier, it's probably better for Christian financially to jump but worse for his character. I also think that it's worse for wrestling overall if he jumps back.

If he comes back to WWE it would be nice, but only if they don't screw it up. I mean look at Goldberg's run in the WWE that was screwed and so was Steiner's. Don't put him against HHH, he would just go down fast, I mean his career. Put him on Raw where he could make a difference.

Well, the same amount of people watch ECW as TNA, as the ratings are the same, right around 1.0, so I would say its a ratings battle. I really don't see the difference between the two, sure TNA has some bigger names in Angle, Sting, Nash, Steiner, and Booker, but obviously he'd get as much exposure in ECW (and appearing on Raw/Smackdown as ECW wrestlers do), and probably even moreso now that he seems to be falling back a bit in the TNA pecking order.

More money, more of chance at the top title going forward, same exposure = better opportunity in ECW than TNA.

And I'm sure if WWE ever wanted to blow TNA out of the water, they could prop ECW up a little more with guys like CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, MVP, and Christian, move it to Thursday nights, put it on for 2 hours, and that would probably be the end of TNA as a viable 2nd option. An ECW with those 5 plus Matt Hardy, Morrison, The Miz, Evan Bourne, Finlay, Mark Henry, and Jack Swagger would likely be better than TNA.

With Orton, Cena, Edge, and eventually Umaga back, Raw & Smackdown could survive losing Punk, Hardy, and MVP for a little while.

Legitimately excited to see Christian returning to the WWE, providing it does really happen. Christian is one of the few reasons I even glance at TNA and has improved so much since going there. He nearly won my bet with my friend over who would become world champion first, Edge or Christian. If he does come over to WWE, he needs a main event push, but I'm not sure the WWE will do that. I think Christian could make a great WWE champion, but I'm not sure WWE is willing to push someone to mainevent when they left WWE as a middle carder and became a maineventer in TNA. If WWE stuffs him back into the middle card again then I think he should stay in TNA. An interesting idea, ECW. Christian has history with Hardy, and with ECW's loss of Bourne, they could use something kinda big like Christian. Feud with Hardy, win the title. Then move him over to RAW or SD after and push him as a face. There's lots of different feuds Christian could do on either show. I imagine there could be another brother vs brother feud with Edge, or maybe he could go to RAW and he and Cena could properly finish that feud they started. I think Christian should get the Eddie Guerrero treatment for his return. They should put him in big feuds with people and give him opportunities and if they go well and he gets really over, give him a worldheavyweight title. I think Christian could go far in WWE, it just depends on how far the WWE wants to take him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back