• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho Will Win The Rumble And Here's Why I Think He Will

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
Jericho he has pretty much done in all in this business except win a Royal Rumble match, and if Jericho were to win the 40-man Royal Rumble Match next year, then it would be one more accolade to his already Hall of Fame career, and should Jericho retire, I say this accomplishment would help pave the way for his retirement as he is probably the greatest superstar to never have won a Royal Rumble Match yet, and also because he has been on the shelf for so long that everybody has seemed to forget about him

This would be the perfect way for him to get his revenge on Randy Orton

If Orton is still the champion, I would have Jericho make his return during the Rumble match at like #36 entrant out of 40, and Jericho comes back to win the Rumble match and he sets his sights on the World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton

The reason why, because Orton put him on the shelf with that Punt to the skull almost ending his career, and Jericho wants payback, but also Daniel Bryan can come into this feud cashing in his briefcase making it a Triple Threat at Mania 28

But I would have Jericho lose at Mania, but have him win the title at Extreme Rules to cap off his last run

But all I am saying is that I think he will win the Rumble and come in as a surprise entrant

I don't entirely see the need to put the RR on Jericho, considering he would be over anyway and they can give that spot to give a push to someone.

The one aspect of this I do like is where Daniel Bryan comes in. Jericho has been known to put people over, and a triple threat with Bryan, Orton, and Jericho could definitely help put DB amongst the upper-tier.

Exactly my point, but Jericho the only thing he hasn't done is win a Rumble, and he needs the accolade

jericho NEEDS a rumble win like i need an asshole on my elbow. he will go down as one of the greatest in ring performers ever even if he never steps another foot in the ring.
young guys need the rumble win.
and jericho is all about the young guys getting over.
hence, he would probably refuse a rumble win even if vince (or trips, lol)
offered.

He doesn't need the accolade, he's already a legend.
and i doubt he'll be returning any time soon. His band is touring and recording a new album

not to mention why does stars that returns have to be a suprise entrance and winner of the Royal Rumble and he wins so yeah awesome he's now number 1 contender for a world title which screws someone else out of a main event spot at Mania even if they did have him lose the right b4 it still takes away an extra PPV of building up the road to mania.

and no i don't agree, it's been done several times in the last 5yrs Cena, Edge both returned as suprise entrants of the Rumble and won. Yawn...
Jericho is not one for rehashing stuff that's been done b4 if possible,

I could see him costing Orton the title if Orton is champ at that point and defending it, or if he's in the Rumble Y2J gets in and costs Orton a win, he does need to get some retribution on Orton and a match at Mania would be good

I got no issue with him returning (though i don't think he plans on returning soon) and if he does he puts on a great show but he doesn't need to win

Chris Jericho doesn't need the accolade of winning the Royal Rumble. He's one of the best overall wrestlers in WWE history and has had a Hall of Fame worthy career.

Like a lot of people, I'd mark out at least a little if Jericho showed up at RR but I just don't see it happening. Jericho has already done everything worth doing in WWE, some of it on multiple occassions. Compared with most of what he's done, winning the Rumble isn't all that impressive. Besides, Jericho has got a lot of other things going on in his life right now. I suppose it's always possible he could come back for the RR. After all, WWE almost always tries to have at least one big surprise entrant each year.

Many people didnt need tha accolade like cena, orton and taker but they still got it. Jericho wouldnt be any diffrent. But its true that he already is a legend and his return is enough to put him over as hes well jericho... 1 of the greatest in the world. Jericho to win at WM!!!!! if he ever comes back ><

I wouldn't mind seeing Jericho win the rumble. Sure he doesn&#8217;t need it as he has done everything in the business and he has done it greatly. Jericho is one of the best men who are always tweaking his character to keep him fresh and entertaining. I would like to see him win the Rumble just because he should do it. Doesn't have to win the title but he should put someone over by doing it. Say like a Cody Rhodes if he was champ. That would be a huge win for Cody. I don't think it is going to happen as I don't think Jericho wants to return anytime soon. If he did then the Rumble isn't a bad place to do it. But, all we can do is wait and see if Jericho wants to return or not.

I don't entirely see the need to put the RR on Jericho, considering he would be over anyway and they can give that spot to give a push to someone.

The one aspect of this I do like is where Daniel Bryan comes in. Jericho has been known to put people over, and a triple threat with Bryan, Orton, and Jericho could definitely help put DB amongst the upper-tier.

While I agree that they won't let Jericho win it. . .Since when has the Royal Rumble mainly been used to push wrestlers? Ever? Are you just thinking about Del Rio? If so. . .then he is the only one ever. Allow me to refresh your memory in case you forgot.

Hulk Hogan has won it twice (back to back years). After which, Ric Flair won it. Neither of these wrestlers needed a push. This was 3 of the first 5 years they even did that event. Bret Hart won the one after that (once again, he did not need a damn push at the time).

Shawn Michaels won the next two after that! Though arguably that first one was a big push for his solo career. Second one was not. Stone Cold won the NEXT two! Once again, are you seeing a trend? Vince won the year after with help. . .followed by The Rock, who did not need a push. Stone Cold won AGAIN after that (which bolsters my point in other threads about Stone Cold being worse than Cena is currently for "always winning").

Thne after that we have Triple H winning one. . .and more recently, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, and then both Cena and Orton won Rumbles on back to back years then Edge gets one (yet another face who didn't need a push) before Del Rio cheaped a win this year. NONE of these guys needed pushes at all.

The Royal Rumble has almost purely been used as a tool (or, an excuse if you want to go that route) for one of the top faces to get a title shot without having to devolve into some fued.

Again. . .Stone Cold has won it THREE times during his peak popularity. Rock has won it during his prime. HBK won it back to back times. Hogan won it back to back. Flair's won it. Bret Hart, HHH, Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Edge. . .seriously. Every top face has won the damn thing at some point. Only like 3-5 "heels" have ever won it. This year, it's going to be another top face winning it yet again. I'm going to assume it's going to be either CM Punk, Sheamus, or perhaps Randy Orton if he doesn't have the title at that time. It's always a top face winning it with almost no exceptions. And it absolutely is not an event used to push upcoming stars. If they do that, then it's new.

I’d like to see Chris Jericho win the Royal Rumble, and instead of challenging for the WWE or World Title, I’d rather he challenge the Undertaker. If Triple H can come out of injury and just look at Undertaker face to face as his way of challenging him, then imagine what Jericho will have to say. With The Rock vs. John Cena and the potential Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. CM Punk match, plus the WWE Title match and the World Title match, Jericho vs. Taker would be a great addition as the 5th Main Event.

Are you just thinking about Del Rio? If so. . .then he is the only one ever. Allow me to refresh your memory in case you forgot.

I'd say that you need refreshing more than anyone else me old china
e
Hulk Hogan has won it twice (back to back years). After which, Ric Flair won it. Neither of these wrestlers needed a push. This was 3 of the first 5 years they even did that event. Bret Hart won the one after that (once again, he did not need a damn push at the time).

So, are we forgetting Yokozuna winning it in 93 then (and the fact Lex Luger was the co-winner in 94 with Bret Hart) Yoko did need the Rumble win to set him up as the monster heel challenger for the World Title match at WM9. Hogan winning his 2 Rumbles is irrelevant as, when he won them, there was no prize for winning the Rumble. Plus, I seem to remember how excited everyone got over the Hogan and Warrior showdown in the 1990 Rumble.

Shawn Michaels won the next two after that! Though arguably that first one was a big push for his solo career. Second one was not.

HBK's first win was an important part of setting him up as a main event guy (and paving the way for his successful face turn). His second win was to set up a match everyone wanted to see at Mania (even if the match was a let down). Seeing as the winner got a main event slot at Wrestlemania, and WWE was suffering (still) in 1996, surely it's logical that they had the Rumble set up their biggest match of the year?

Stone Cold won the NEXT two! Once again, are you seeing a trend?

Erm, in 1997 Austin was an "up and coming midcarder". He still wasn't main event and wouldn't really be until after his match with Bret Hart at WM13 (which, ironically, was helped along by the Rumble win). Again, in 1998, Austin was the hottest star, the whole Rumble was around him against the whole roster...logic dictates that the man needed the win to set up the event that revitalised the WWE.

Thne after that we have Triple H winning one. . .and more recently, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, and then both Cena and Orton won Rumbles on back to back years then Edge gets one (yet another face who didn't need a push) before Del Rio cheaped a win this year. NONE of these guys needed pushes at all.

I skipped past the Vince/Rock and Austin wins because, as was clearly the case in 98-01 (and beyond) there was a clear reason for why who won it did. Vince's win in 99 set up a monster buy-rate for Austin Vs Vince in Feb. Rocks (disputed) win set up the 4 corners match (and they did attempt to try help Big Show become a main eventer because of the Rumble, even if it failed).
How comes you didn't mention Benoit's win? He needed the win and it pushed him to main event level (even if he didn't have the charisma to hang there full time). Oh, because it goes against your logic.

Again. . .Stone Cold has won it THREE times during his peak popularity. Rock has won it during his prime. HBK won it back to back times. Hogan won it back to back. Flair's won it. Bret Hart, HHH, Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Edge. . .seriously. Every top face has won the damn thing at some point. Only like 3-5 "heels" have ever won it. This year, it's going to be another top face winning it yet again. I'm going to assume it's going to be either CM Punk, Sheamus, or perhaps Randy Orton if he doesn't have the title at that time. It's always a top face winning it with almost no exceptions. And it absolutely is not an event used to push upcoming stars. If they do that, then it's new.

You don't remember that Kevin Nash became a star because of how he performed in the 94 Rumble? That match set him on his way.

The Royal Rumble is quite clearly marketed as "the beginning of The Road to Wrestlemania" and, as such, it's used as a vehicle to get their top stars positioned for a top match at Wrestlemania. Why would you risk damaging the biggest pay day of the year by giving the win to someone who wasn't gonna be a huge part of it? They have the rest of the year to push upcoming stars (and they have been doing a bad job of that admittedly), Rumble is where the guys that bring the biggest audience interest start to go even more to the front of the line.

And, I don't think Jericho will win it because, quite frankly, he doesn't need to and it doesn't set up a "money" match. I'd rather he came back and had a feud with Punk because that would be good for us IWC fans at least

Jericho winning the Rumble? I don't see it. He certainly doesn't need it and is well aware of that. And to top it off, during his last run he was one of the most vocal people about the need to push younger talent. So unless he is a tremendous hypocrite (like all the parasites in this audience :p ) he would flat out decline this win in favor of someone younger.

I'd love the idea of Jericho coming back to win the Rumble.What would make it even more awesome was if the clock started counting down,and by 5 the loud warning siren starts playing.5,4,3,2,1.Then all the lights in the arena shuts off,leaving the arena pitch black.Then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfabArErrb0&feature=related

That would be a mark-out moment to end all mark-out moments.

As for everyone saying Jericho doesn't need a Rumble win,when has that ever stopped something from happening?Most of us don't need more than bread and water to survive,but we eat meat and vegetables and candy and junk food.What's "need" got to do with anything?Just accept the fact that it would be awesome for Jericho to win the Rumble and go on to win the title.Jericho vs. CM Punk can still happen,Punk can easily be WWE Champion at WrestleMania 28.I'd love to see Jericho vs. Orton vs. Daniel Bryan like one of the posters above suggested.Either way,anything with Jericho in the main event = $$$ and even more money.Hell,even Jericho vs. Del Rio would be great.

Jericho is exactly who I've had in mind to win the Rumble. And just like someone else said, I think he'll draw a number in the late 30's to keep it a surprise like when Edge came back to win it a couple years ago.

The Raw after the Rumble, Jericho comes out with both champions in the ring (The Miz as WWE Champ and Orton as WHC in my opinion) and keeps them both in suspense about who he'll go after. Jericho starts to look like he's leaning towards facing Orton at Mania and The Miz gets a cocky smirk on his face. Then Jericho does a face turn and breaks the news to The Miz that he's been watching him ever since the day he left and he's nothing but a poor man's Jericho. He tells him this is what he has to look forward to on April 1st (or whatever the date is), drops the mic, and they throw punches back and forth. Jericho eventually locks on the Walls of Jericho and leaves The Miz tapping in the middle of the ring.

I think it works as a spot but not for the win... Imagine if the lights went out after the timer with 3 or 4 lower tier guys in the ring and then when they are back up, Jericho in the cross pose alone in the ring? That would work well...

He doesn't need it, but its a good way to ensure Bryan is cashing in against someone else relevant to either help lend credibility to his title win or excuse his loss...

Jericho is the Best in the World. Sorry Punk fans, but Jericho laid claim to that title long before Punk was the center of attention on Raw.

As the original poster pointed out, Jericho has done it all in wrestling. First Undisputed Champion, multi-time World and WWE Champion, Tag Title Runs, IC/US/TV/Cruiser Weight champion, he's been at the center of some of the best stories and matches of the past 10 years.

Jericho doesn't need anything. Winning the rumble would just be another feather in Jericho's cap, but at this point in his career it wouldn't really matter

Jericho winning the Royal Rumble would not do a thing for him. I would love to see him make a dramatic return and win the Rumble just for pure entertainment and as a Jericho fan, but I think the Royal Rumble is best used to get the new breed of WWE tallent over, especially during this transition period that the WWE is currently in.

I do however hope that when Jericho returns it is a dramatic return when we least expect it.
Just a BANG! "Break down the walls!!!!" crowd screaming and all that Jazz.

Chris Jericho is #3 on my list of the Greatest Wrestlers of All Time, with or without a RR win. The statement that the Lion Heart needs to win the 2012 RR to be great is like saying CM Punk needs a United States Championship to be Triple Crown (which he already is). I'd like to see it happen, but I'll love him either way.

I can see Jericho coming back at the Royal Rumble because they like to use surprise entrants at that event as a way to have big names come back. I do not think he would win it though. There are others who could benefit from it more, plus he would not necessarily be able to go after Orton. I do like the idea of a triple threat involving Orton walking in as World Champion to defend against Royal Rumble winner Jericho and Daniel Bryan after he cashes in the blue briefcase. That would easily be the match of the night and a show stealer. Bryan would need to win. Jericho would put him over and make him look like gold while they have a great string of matches. Jericho's not winning the Rumble though. The person who will challenge Raw's champion will end up winning the Rumble. As cool as a Jericho win would be, he doesn't need it due to his career already being Hall of Fame worthy. Now someone who is looking for a Wrestlemania push such as Ziggler, Swagger, or Morrison would all be great candidates to pick up the Rumble win rather than Jericho.

Jericho as the surprise return and winner of the Rumble would be pretty cool, but I don't see it happening. I'm really pulling for a Jericho/Punk or Jericho/Undertaker match at WrestleMania, and if Jericho is going to return I think the WOrld title is the last thing he should go after right away. He may not be seen as a legend yet, but I put him on the same level as guys like HBK and Triple H were about 5 years ago. They were legends who still played in the main event, but had most of their title reigns behind them in the attempt to build up the future stars.

Unless CM Punk is somehow miraculously the WWE Champion come WrestleMania, I don't want Chris Jericho winning the Royal Rumble. Orton/Jericho could be a good match with some great heat building up, but not as good as it could be. Like I said, I'm holding out for Jericho/Undertaker. It's the one feud that really never happened, and who better to take on the Undertaker for the final number 20?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back