• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho proved a point

What is the obsession with the black trunks comment and Austin? How many people bought a pair of those trunks? Maybe one weird dude and my perverted grandma. How many people bought all that other merchandise that came with the character, one that did not exist at the time Bischoff fired him? Millions upon millions.

If all it takes is one example, how about McMahon and Kurt Angle? Vince tells him to his face he is done and fires him while he is having a health issue.

Age was not an issue I cared about in TNA until Hogan showed up. Since then, they have signed Scott Hall and The Nasty Boys, all of whom are over 45. That added to the Nashes, Foleys and so on and you have a bit of an age problem. AJ Styles is 31, which is obviously a good age, but almost everyone else in the upper echelons are pushing 40. Jericho was clearly being facaecious, but at the end of the day, if TNA continue their current course, they aren't going to have much of a future.

TNA have 9 people under 30 - Alex Shelley, Amazing Red, Brutus Magnus, Chris Sabin, Consequences Creed, Jay Lethal, The Young Bucks & Rob Terry. Take out the X division and you have Brutus Magnus and Rob Terry, which hardly smacks of a bright future.

WWE's people under thirty include Randy Orton, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Drew McIntyre, Dolph Ziggler, The Harts, Legacy... I could go on. The point is, is that WWE are geared for the future and TNA right now aren't. They need a way of making and finding their own talent, because Orlando Jordan, aged 38, will only get you so far.

What is the obsession with the black trunks comment and Austin? How many people bought a pair of those trunks? Maybe one weird dude and my perverted grandma. How many people bought all that other merchandise that came with the character, one that did not exist at the time Bischoff fired him? Millions upon millions.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Please tell me you don't legitimately think that people are talking about sales of black trunks due to Austin.

It's a reference to the fact that Eric Bischoff fired Austin based on the fact that Eric believed that no one could succesfully market a wrestler, who just wore black boots and trunks and did nothing else, and then of course, Vince McMahon then went and reclaimed the top spot in professional wrestling, thanks to succesfully marketing a wrestler who wore black boots and trunks, and nothing else. If Eric Bischoff had actually put in the smallest iota of effort into Austin's character, and not fired him, the title of this forum section would be WCW vs TNA.

If all it takes is one example, how about McMahon and Kurt Angle? Vince tells him to his face he is done and fires him while he is having a health issue.

Probably should have used a quotation here dude, because it's not clear what the hell you're talking about.

Still, last night's PPV kinda proved/disproved Y2J's statement in a way. The ME was the finals of the 8 man tournie featuring two of their younger guys in Anderson and Pope........ although they couldn't do it without Hall and X-Pac interfering, so it wasn't totally void of old boys.

Worse than that, the Nasty Boyz actually beat Team 3D! Now i know 3D are no spring chickens, but it's still comparable to Randy Orton losing clean to Classie Freddie Blassie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back