Chris Brown...The Rapper?

#hamler

That's all folks.
Since returning from obscurity during the whole Rhianna gets her ass kicked ordeal, Chris Brown has slowly began transitioning into the world of Hip Hop. As of late, Chris Brown has been hanging around Tyga (from Young Money) and the two collaborated on a song together. Here's some good Chris Brown rapping:

Holla At Me feat. Tyga
[Yt]c18Sn8sRQZ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/MEDIA]
This next song was released about a month ago, also featuring a Young Money family member. Toward the middle of the song, Chris starts to rap.

Green Goblin - Jea Millz
[Yt]-roMgc1K008&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/MEDIA]
The last song may be my favorite of them all. It features some very quick rapping from Busta Rhymes, Chris Brown himself and (look more Young Money) Lil Wayne. Great beat too.

Look At Me Now- feat. Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne.
[Yt]_p9I5ipJFs0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/MEDIA]

So WrestleZone, tell me what you think of this new Chris Brown?

Stick with rap or singing his heart out?

I'm very undecided when it comes to Chris Brown rapping.

I love Look at me Now and I think he does a great job. His awesome singing voice has helped him in the transition. I actually don't think the beat in Look at me Now works well for him. I'd hazard a guess that Lil Wayne picked it, it's very Weezy-esque.

I think an answer will arise eventually, but for now I think he should do a little bit of both so he can keep learning.

I love Chris Brown as a rapper.

Yes, he may be a great singer, but with the way R&B has transformed to be so cookie cutter, he needs to move on, because singing will only get him so far, nowadays.

Now, I had really only heard Look At Me Now and Deuces from his new album, and Deuces is still more R&B. But Look At Me Now is like the big thing in my area. I haven't found a single person who doesn't like it. I may be incorrect, but I believe it was Chris who put this track together, and he did it well. The beat is great, the intro of his is misleading, in a good way. The concept of Busta Rhymes "Showing him up" calls for a great rap by him. And putting Lil Wayne in any type of rapping role in a song is nothing but a positive.

I also took a listen at that other song posted, Holla At Me, and I think it's quite good as well. He really is showing that he can be a rapper if he so chooses.

I'm in favor of this change , I absolutley despise 99.8% of all R&B

So changing into a rapper is a positive for him if you ask me

It also seems that hes pretty good at it , good job in the 1st song his part in the 2nd song was cool.

The line "I get what you get in 10 years , in 2 days" in the 3rd song was pretty badass imo

The verses were pretty solid and I'm not much of an R&B fan so in that sense it's nice. However, I can almost guarantee that most of his shit is ghostwritten. That's not bad as many great talents in the industry use ghostwriters but I'd be surprised if this was all him.

I wouldn't say it's ghost writing as much as it is just him using the same formula that other rappers use and getting paper off of it.

Still, I'm not real big on the rap "game" as some people and don't usually break out into the underground, unless a couple of friends suggest someone. So by going off of someone like Lil' Wayne, Eminem, or even 50 Cent; I'd say Chris Brown might fit in quite well. He's got the deliverance in his verses down and from what I've heard, his lyrics sound like something he'd be confident about.

Chris is tearing it up. If you havnt heard is version of ransom by drake, you gotta check it out. Chris Brown is just a naturally talented individual. Sings, raps, dances, just the complete package. Its really hard to say a bad thing about it when chris does it so well

I'm fine with him both singing and rapping. He's great eitherways, Imo.

'Look at me now' is a track I really like, despite Lil Wayne being there. :p

Chris is tearing it up. If you havnt heard is version of ransom by drake, you gotta check it out.

Haven't heard it, so I'll be checking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back