Is Asher Roth the next great rapper?

Uncle Chester

I see you, and your penis.
I pitty those who have not heard the lyrical genious of what could be one of the greatest talents rap has ever come upon. His complex and deep subject matter accompanied by soothing flow make his music a distinguishable needle in a haystack of untalented rappers like Cage, Copywrite, Vinnie Paz etc.

Here's his greatest triumph of beautiful artistry

[YOUTUBE]qYx7YG0RsFY&feature=relmfu[/YOUTUBE]

So ladies and germs do you think Asher Roth is good enough so that 5 years from now we'll be referring to him alongside such legends as Lil Wayne and Waz Kallifa.

Discuss.

No.

Didn't he already try to be the "next big thing" when Asleep in the Bread Aisle came out in 2009? Did anyone even care about anything he did besides "I Love College"?

Wait... are you trolling? I can't believe this is a serious comment regarding I Love College:

Here's his greatest triumph of beautiful artistry

His complex and deep subject matter accompanied by soothing flow make his music a distinguishable needle in a haystack

Oh RLY?

I Love College said:
Man, I love college, ay!
And I love drinking, ay!
I love women, ay!
Man, I love college

Anyways based on what we've heard from him no, I don't think anybody will be giving a fuck about his songs 5 years from now at all. He's nowhere near legend status right now. I'll give him credit that the songs that weren't singles on Asleep in the Bread Aisle were way better than the ones that were singles (I Love College is seriously his worst) and the CD as a whole is not bad but for a freshman release but personally, it doesn't really make me yearn for me. I like his sense of humour and his ability to rap about things other than women, guns, money and life on the ~mean streets~ - hopefully he continues to use it as a way of staying unique in a genre where many are carbon copies of each other.

His career isn't over so we'll see what happens with his next CD.

So ladies and germs do you think Asher Roth is good enough so that 5 years from now we'll be referring to him alongside such legends as Lil Wayne and Waz Kallifa.

First off, I respect your opinion but never call Lil Wayne a legend he's far from it but that's another topic. Now to the question of Ash being a legend in 5 years? No. As much as I like Mr. Roth, its just not happening. Maybe 10 or 15 years but 5 is too soon. I personally love his flow and his terminologies because you can understand what he's saying without struggling and going :wtf: . There's two songs where I feel he excelled in and those are As I Em and Lark On My Go-Kart. He's good not great but legend in 5 years? Only time will tell.

♠ Spades ♠;3324520 said:
First off, I respect your opinion but never call Lil Wayne a legend he's far from it .

1st. I respect your decision ,but saying Weezy is not a legend in music history is just foolish. Now onto the subject. Asher Roth is a nice rapper ,but from the tracks he has out I do not see him being more then your B-Level rap artist. I hope he succeeds as he is lyrically at the top of the mid-card so to speak....

saying Weezy is not a legend in music history is just foolish.

Bro, how is he a legend?
Can he sell sell records? Miraculously yes.
Is he a great rapper? He gets a C- he's one of those that I feel is overrated. He's a joke to me, maybe my opinion may be warped due to the fact that his music does not entertain me.

♠ Spades ♠;3327054 said:
Bro, how is he a legend?
Can he sell sell records? Miraculously yes.
Is he a great rapper? He gets a C- he's one of those that I feel is overrated. He's a joke to me, maybe my opinion may be warped due to the fact that his music does not entertain me.

1. Rap/Hip-Hop

Probably on a wrestling forum the most hated genre -___- for reasons I try to understand but cant truly get... Let me start of by saying this. Ludacris said it best on his track "I do it for Hip-Hop" 'Now this is what they call poetry in motion My soul bleeds on the paper, heart screams with emotion This my daily devotion, that verses stay deeper than the ocean So hip-hop you owe me a promotion' some may think all rap is sex, money, killing people but is way more than that. With a microphone or pen and pad you paint your story. For some that story may be how the violence on the street affects there life and what they must do in the struggle of the ghetto, another may be how they dream to make out of the hood with the things the media throws at him Money, Cars, Hoes the perfect life. Thats 1 side of Rap but another is the beauty know as Metaphors/punchlines when you are good at rapping you can make lines that go over even genius's heads. The fun of the punchlines not 1 ever the same all just different and getting better by the next. It shows that the rapper has the ability to make his rhymes demolish all others. Rap is the 2nd true American art form it combines the beauty of poetry, with the gift of music and you are given a different result every time. This is why Rap/ Hip-Hop is the greatest genre in the world. Its all for the fun of music.

[YOUTUBE]O8Uhn-dU3Gg[/YOUTUBE]

The best rapper alive shows why you can get knocked out by all these punchlines. This speaks for its self...

Now I know that was a long post but bro.... There are many styles of rap and "punchline/metaphor" Giants are 1 of them and the 1st and only big 1 who strictly stays to that is Wayne. He is what all these rappers try to be but usually fail. Weezy is a living legend...

Asher Roth is actually a good rapper, but i wouldn't say he's a great rapper. He can spit, but i really doubt he will be on that level of the greats. His album was actually pretty good too i really enjoyed it and I know hes coming out with another one pretty soon so ill most definitely be waiting. He's had a couple songs come out that I listen to that are hyping it.

Discuss.

I wouldn't call Wiz a legend, he can't even rap. I'm a Wiz fan, but nooo. And as for Wayne, he may be a legend but the dude isn't the best rapper out there. His raps are overrateddd. Call me a Wayne hater but there is soo much talent out there and most of the Rap Games and Medias attention is always on Wayne.

Now I know that was a long post but bro.... There are many styles of rap and "punchline/metaphor" Giants are 1 of them and the 1st and only big 1 who strictly stays to that is Wayne. He is what all these rappers try to be but usually fail. Weezy is a living legend...

Its cool don't worry about it but I get where your coming from, I've always liked that song by him but maybe he is a legend. I'll take him seriously when he stops with the auto-tune and learns to make a LEGIT freestyle without making me want to kick his balls. Over time we'll see if he can make me a believer.

Lil Wayne is not a legend. That isn't a term you just throw around and associate with anyone. Rakim, KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, Run DMC, Wu-Tang Clan, those are legends. You want legends who are still putting out major albums consistently? How about guys like Eminem, Nas, and Jay Z. Lil Wayne sure as hell doesn't belong in the same breath as those guys.

Carter II and before he was a great rapper. Since then he has been solid but nothing all that great. He is selling more records now but he certainly has digressed as an artist making music. Regardless, Lil Wayne has never been a legend.

Lil Wayne is not a legend. That isn't a term you just throw around and associate with anyone. Rakim, KRS-One, Big Daddy Kane, LL Cool J, Run DMC, Wu-Tang Clan, those are legends. You want legends who are still putting out major albums consistently? How about guys like Eminem, Nas, and Jay Z. Lil Wayne sure as hell doesn't belong in the same breath as those guys.

Carter II and before he was a great rapper. Since then he has been solid but nothing all that great. He is selling more records now but he certainly has digressed as an artist making music. Regardless, Lil Wayne has never been a legend.

Lil' Wayne sure doesn't belong in that group at all. He's always been a average rapper at best kind. All of his albums have been ok and nothing of greatness. I never understood why he gets so much praise his skills are average and his punchlines and his metaphors are ok. I will give him credit that he does come out with a clever line once and awhile, but nothing to call him great. He can sell the hell out of a record tooo. I have had many Wayne debates with my friends where they believe hes the G.O.A.T, but he's no were near that.

Asher Roth by far could be the next big thing, If label politics doesnt get in the way for his next big masterpiece:

[youtube]LruJSiVmOYA[/youtube]

Asher Roth's flow is more concious, it delves more into metaphores and wordplay allowing this wordsmith to tell tales and string together sentences that make the listiner think, thats something that most rappers today dont talk about, most of the music i've heard mostly talks about rims, timbs and gold jewlery.

Ashers work utilises the same technique used by rappers such as Murs, mos def, B.o.B and Lupe Fiasco, Asher talks about his own personal experiences instead of shit that he doesnt even have.

His only downfall is the fact that he's young, his career hasn't even begun yet which is a good thing, it means he can progress and get better just like Eminem who has developed new ways of telling his life story and his experiences of battling his own personal demons.

[youtube]ka8ooi6DnO4[/youtube]

for those that doubt his genious listen carefully... ;)

Plus the dude loves wrestling, he references two past WWE superstars in his music

Lark In My Go Kart

"Razor Ramonflow o so sharp, you can take capowski i can take lark on my go kart"

[youtube]G1EgjL1ujGM&ob=av3e[/youtube]

By Myself

"The Cycle of shawn Michaels, yeah i like you but I don't mean to wife you"

he's sharp, he's geeky and trends to an audience other than those of bog standard lovers of gangster rap simple.

No. I like him, but he'll always be perceived as an Eminem wannabe.
Plus he's sorta missed his chance. He put everything into his debut album and it turned out be pretty mediocre. However, he's meant to have a new album coming out this year, so we'll have to wait and see.

I admit he's very marketable and pretty radio friendly. He needs to look at getting with a different, more reputable label though.

He'll never be a legend though. The only young guys that I picture ever becoming legendary are J. Cole & Wiz Khalifa.

You chose 'I love College' as your example of "deep subject matter"? LOL. just LOL.
And yeah, Lil Wayne is definitely no legend. And good job on misspelling Wiz Khalifa's name. I recommend getting you facts straight before you make a thread.

I respect your opinion, but you've definitely got this wrong in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back