• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chavo Guerrero vs. Hornswoggle

rayisawesomeness

Pre-Show Stalwart
In my humble opinion, this has been the greatest feud of the year. Scratch that, the greatest feud of all time. Every time I watch one of their classic battles, I become so captivated that I just lose my words. Forget Austin/Rock, Michaels/Hart, Michaels Jericho, and Flair/Steamboat, this is it.

Here are my reasons:

- Every one of their matches keeps you on the edge of your seat as their series of matches compels us to watch on with amazement and creativity.

- Also, they just bring something new to the table as every match they wrestle in, they show us the beauty of their art and craft.

- Lastly, there isn't a series of matches in which you'll be amazed by the wrestling abilities of both men but there also isn't a series of matches where you will absolutely laugh your ass off while still taking the competitors (or in this case, warriors) serious.

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen...

Chavo Guerrero vs. Hornswoggle: The Greatset Feud of All Time

Oh, and don't be surprised if you see a 3 disc commemorative DVD collection showcasing the electricity of the legendary Chavo/Hornswoggle feud.

Moments after posting this thread, I went back to this week's Raw and watched another classic Chavo/Hornswoggle match and I was just so captivated. I mean...I'm...I'm just in a loss of words right now.

defenently agreed 100 percent.

i cant wait for bragging rights and the hell in the cell ppv where these 2 can proberly further the feud and give it more depth and realy tell the story that they have for the last 4 months.

possibly at royal rumble hornswaggle wins the royal rumble and chavo challanges hornswaggle for the wrestlemania spot at no mercy then go on from their and have their mainevent triple threat for the wwe title with chavo v hornswaggle v jaime noble. but we can only hope. ;) thoughts?

Lets bring back the hardcore title 24/7 edition. Then lets have Swoggle and Chavo fight over it for the next 8 months leading to the main event at Wrestlemania, Chavo vs Swoggle for the Hardcore title. To make sure it doesn't become stale have other wrestlers win it like Markswoggle and Primo. Have Swoggle win the rumble but let him chose to face Chavo for the Hardcore title instead of a World Title

Hardcore > World Titles

On a serious note, isn't Hornswoggle the Cruiserweight Champion? Perhaps that could be built into their 'fued'. It'd be a way to reintroduce the Cruiserweight Title, but only if they unified the Intercontinental and United States Championships. It'd keep the Chavos and the Bournes away from The Big Show and make it look beleivable when these guys win matches. They'd be fighting their 'equals'.

Sorry, I'm going off-topic here. Chavo's career can only go up from here (unless he gets released). Imagine the heat he'll get if he ever gets hold of Hornswoggle and Gory Bombs him. They could even reverse the role with Mark Henry/swoggle chasing Chavo like Chavo has chased Hornswoggle.

Sarcasm is dripping off of my computer screen. We all know this is the most pointless segment of RAW, and now complete with a rip from Home Alone!? How much worse could this get? Chavo is a bigger waste of semen than ******* videos! Hopefully they are shaming him into quitting, but they should just fire him. They had a good thing going with Goldust and Hornswoggle, but they pulled it so that Goldust could job to Sheamus. They should make Chavo change his last name. Eddie would nip up in his grave if he saw what Chavo has become (not that chavo was ever good.). Chavo cant even do a frog splash correctly for christ sakes!

In my humble opinion, this has been the greatest feud of the year. Scratch that, the greatest feud of all time. Every time I watch one of their classic battles, I become so captivated that I just lose my words. Forget Austin/Rock, Michaels/Hart, Michaels Jericho, and Flair/Steamboat, this is it.

This better be good....

Here are my reasons:

- Every one of their matches keeps you on the edge of your seat as their series of matches compels us to watch on with amazement and creativity.

Yes, so far on the edge of my seat that I can't sit any longer and need to leave the room.

- Also, they just bring something new to the table as every match they wrestle in, they show us the beauty of their art and craft.

Hornswaggle can't do any moves except biting and the Tadpole Splash, and it's been so long since I've seen Chavo actually wrestle, I'm not sure if he can anymore.

- Lastly, there isn't a series of matches in which you'll be amazed by the wrestling abilities of both men but there also isn't a series of matches where you will absolutely laugh your ass off while still taking the competitors (or in this case, warriors) serious.

I haven't laughed at ANY of these matches. It's degrading to Chavo, and I don't find 'swaggle interesting anymore either. They need to end this "feud" if they actually want to save Chavo's carreer. Let Hornswaggle come out with Eugene if they want to keep him around.

So there you have it, ladies and gentlemen...

Guerrero vs. Hornswoggle: The Greatset Feud of All Time

Oh, and don't be surprised if you see a 3 disc commemorative DVD collection showcasing the electricity of the legendary Chavo/Hornswoggle feud.

Will that be on mini-disk? I'm sure that will sell so well. :rolleyes: Too bad you can't give props to the true greatest feuds and have to make this thread. I'm almost sorry I even wasted my time replying. But to try to say they have been better than Rock/Austin, heck, even the Mysterio/Ziggler feud is better.

They need to drop the "Hornswoggle" monikor and return to calling him Little Bastard. Maybe have Chavo steal his wooden toy pony or something and have Little Bastard chase Chavo (with the wooden mop-pony) around the ring. It wouldn't be any stupider than the current horsecrap angle they're running with these 2.

Sarcasm is dripping off of my computer screen. We all know this is the most pointless segment of RAW, and now complete with a rip from Home Alone!? How much worse could this get? Chavo is a bigger waste of semen than ******* videos! Hopefully they are shaming him into quitting, but they should just fire him. They had a good thing going with Goldust and Hornswoggle, but they pulled it so that Goldust could job to Sheamus. They should make Chavo change his last name. Eddie would nip up in his grave if he saw what Chavo has become (not that chavo was ever good.). Chavo cant even do a frog splash correctly for christ sakes!

We all know? Speak for yourself there. The Home Alone part was hilarious. It was the only interesting part of the feud this week. I mean who expected Macauly Culkin to just walk out of the door after seeing Chavo get hit in the head with the paint can? I sure didn't although it took me awhile to "get it". Wrestling is and always will be entertainment so I don't mind seeing good "entertainment" spots and it helps a lot that I was a Home Alone addict 15 years ago. I'd always keep replaying the tapes, I played the game for NES and hell I even had that Talk Boy so it was cool.

As for the rest of the feud I don't mind it. I don't get annoyed by the matches because it's supposed to be comedy which there is nothing wrong with comedy in this scripted world of wrestling. However they do not steal the show. I just see it as take it or leave it. Like I said wrestling is entertainment so I don't expect everything to be so serious. It's just the reality of things.

And I agree with others; Hell In A Cell between Chavo and Horny. $$$ right there. I mean a grown man obsessed with a midget & no one will be able to get in the cell to help little 'woggle either so it's gonna be BRUTAL~! Or maybe an inferno match next week on RAW.

I didn't think that 'Swoggle could better his feuds with Noble or Coach, but my god, He did it! this is one of the most enthralling feuds Raw has ever had. These 2 have incredible chemistry, and I really hope they can keep this feud going till 'mania cause I reckon we've got our main event right here! in fact, I'm callin it now! Mark my words, Chavo vs Hornswoggle, Mania 26! Just a shame for Hornswoggle that guys like HHH and Cena are holding him down. He could be huge one day.

I didn't think that 'Swoggle could better his feuds with Noble or Coach, but my god, He did it! this is one of the most enthralling feuds Raw has ever had. These 2 have incredible chemistry, and I really hope they can keep this feud going till 'mania cause I reckon we've got our main event right here! in fact, I'm callin it now! Mark my words, Chavo vs Hornswoggle, Mania 26! Just a shame for Hornswoggle that guys like HHH and Cena are holding him down. He could be huge one day.

First of all, Hornswaggle can't be huge.

Seriously though... Main Event? The only way 'swaggle will be in the ME is if he becomes one of the many honorary members of DX. Possible, yes, but no way will he ever be in the ME at Wrestlemania. I can't believe they give more time to 'swaggle than Santino. At least he is actaully funny.

First of all, Hornswaggle can't be huge.

Seriously though... Main Event? The only way 'swaggle will be in the ME is if he becomes one of the many honorary members of DX. Possible, yes, but no way will he ever be in the ME at Wrestlemania. I can't believe they give more time to 'swaggle than Santino. At least he is actaully funny.

There's always one ain't there...

Very well. I shall put on my best Jericho face and try and debate this obviously sarcastic point seriously. Hornswoggle represents the very worst of what the 'PG' era has to offer. The poster boy of Idiotic, time-wasting, "Someone-tell-Vince-this-shit-ain't-funny" bullshit the IWC feared would swamp Raw from the moment the rating was announced. I didn't mind when he was vince's son. I didn't mind when he played chase with Regal and Coach. I didn't mind when he was finlay's little Bastard. But at this point, the gimmick is stale, the humour is stale, the matches are stale. And soon, hopefully, WWE will realise that even newer fans are bored to death of seeing a midget in a silly hat masquerading as a Wrestler.

And yes, Santino is far superior in the humour department.

I've sat around long enough without actually posting a response to the whole Hornswoggle / Chave debacle that is Raw.

But there are two sides a person could take on the angle :

1) It outright blows for longtime wrestling fans who remember Chavo as Eddie's nephew and a guy who loved to "Lie, Cheat and Steal".

2) It's downright genious for the simple fact it entertains kids and the WWE is trying desperately to gain viewership from the younger generation.

Now anyone over the age of 16 (and I'm being generous) probably couldn't give two craps about these two guys (and I'm being generous) right now. The storyline really doesn't accomplish anything because neither one of them is going to go anywhere after it's all said and done, i.e. get elevated.

But to contradict those thoughts, it accomplishes a great deal for the WWE based on point number 2 up top. It's not about life long wrestling fans anymore. Vince knows that if he hooked you back in the Attitude Era days and you're still watching today, you're not going anywhere anytime soon. If you were, you would have already left based on how bad the WWE has been in recent months / years. He doesn't care about US anymore - he cares about the new and future US !!!

Kids love Hornswoggle and he's one of the best commodities the WWE has right now for the future US. Unfortunately for the curent US, he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Honestly, I don't even think kids are thrilled about Hornswoggle anymore. Even if you are a fan of Hornswoggle, which is ridiculous unless you're 10 years old. Even fans have to be tired of the same feud, week after week. I think it takes away from the show. They should be concentrating on trying to build story lines and push new talent. Of course, as long as WWE has DX, celebrities, and good ratings, they wont change anything about their product.

No matter how many fans in the 18-35 range leave. Some people like slap stick humor with Macauly Culkin, but the majority of older fans can't stand it. I used to watch all the shows, but now everything is so stale and predictable I would rather just read the results online. People will still tune in to see DX and WWE. However, unless WWE pushes new stars with some new feuds, fans will eventually tune out of Raw. I guarantee you that the celebrity guest host factor will lose its luster after a while. WWE will still be number one but won't have as large as a fan base as 10 years ago.

This is probably my biggest gripe with WWE right now. I get that Hornswoggle is down with the kids, and I don't have a problem with him having a segment on Raw every week, with the odd tag match here and there, that's fine. I also don't mind that Chavo is made to look like a fool - someone has to, it's the way wrestling works. However, what I do mind is that this feud has been going on for so long and that its dragged in Henry, who they apparently had a plan for beforehand. If this was backstage skits, I'd be ok with it, but these handicrap (see what I did there) matches with tied arms etc are just a complete waste of time.

are you kidding me this is the worst crappy feud match ever I mean Chavo Guerrero is jobbing to a midget for crying out loud! This midget is responsible for ruining the cruiserweight division as well!

Hornswoggle is down with the kids bring in Doink and Dink and you got a circus running here , and having him on Raw every week, with the odd tag match here and there, is not fine. this is a useless crappy feud been going on for so long and that its dragged in Mark Oh Henry seriously another filler it shows WWE is getting stale and boring hell bring in Doink with Dink he fits in there!

I wouldn't be suprised if he heads to TNA and joins his uncle Hector Guerrero! Also I won't be suprised if Carlito heads to TNA since they have that belt around Koffee Kingstons waist geeeez come on already lose the belt!!

I agree with Kenny Powers it is time for newer fresh talent stars with some new feuds otherwise fans will tune out of RAW and convert to IMPACT and I couldn't care for DPX and WWE that is why everyone is tuning into TNA it is becoming a cruiserweight scene ala WCW back then
Also the the celebrity guest host factor will lose its luster after a while. WWE won't be number one but won't have as large as a fan base as 10 years ago coz it is becoming a Entertainment tonight show for crying out loud or a talk show to fill in! WHat next having comedians host our show and throw in some jokes and punchlines between skits lol geeeez

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back