• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Charles Wright: Papa Shango, Kama....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely preferred the Godfather. He was the epitome of the Attitude Era, as introducing a Pimp as a character, who comes to the ring with a load of hookers called "Ho's", and talks about rolling up fatties was just Vince and the WWF trying to be as controversial as possible...and I loved it.

The music was great, the ho's were always sexy as hell (did you know Tara/Victoria amde her WWF debut as a ho?!), and Godfather always put a smile on your face whenever he came out. After Mick Foley, he was one of the best for the "cheap pops"

He wasnt anything special in the ring. I liked the Pimp Drop, but most of his other moves pretty much sucked. He was all about the entrance and the gimmick, rather than his actual wrestling abilty.

GODFATHER IN THE HOUSEE..GRAB YO BITCHEEESS!

I was always a huge fan of Papa Shango. I think the character would've been HUGE if booked properly. I've watched Wright's shoot videos, and basically he chalks up the downfall of the character to being green and pushed way to far and fast. Said that he was basically the only heel with steam on him at the time, and so he got fed to Warrior, Bret, Shawn, and Undertaker that there was no coming back from that. They even asked him to job to 123 Kid cleanly.

btw, Wrestling89, the answer of your Rasta The Voodoo Mon apparantly is Terry Tate office linebacker from the commericals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back