• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cena's Next Feud

dvayne

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well now that Cena is still on Raw and Orton doesn't get another title shot where are they going?

Kofi may be starting a program with Cody Rhodes after Bragging Rights which could lead to Dibiase trying to prove himself against Cena. Not winning the title but coming close upsetting Orton to the point that Randy costs Dibiase his title shot starting a lenghty feud between the two of the and then Swagger can step up and take his shot at Cena.

I see DX tied up with Jerishow to keep them out of the main event and Miz is still U.S. champion so what options are there?

Thoughts?

Well I think Cena next feud will be decided in a tournament for the number 1 contender spot. The one who has the most momentum that is a heel that should get it is The miz. wwe won't probably do it though stick a guy like Orton in there again.

Well now that Cena is still on Raw and Orton doesn't get another title shot where are they going?

Kofi may be starting a program with Cody Rhodes after Bragging Rights which could lead to Dibiase trying to prove himself against Cena. Not winning the title but coming close upsetting Orton to the point that Randy costs Dibiase his title shot starting a lenghty feud between the two of the and then Swagger can step up and take his shot at Cena.

I see DX tied up with Jerishow to keep them out of the main event and Miz is still U.S. champion so what options are there?

Thoughts?

I think MVP, Henry, or Swagger are the only options going into the Survivor Series. Kofi will be on Team DX if they are doing a traditional 4 on 4 survivor series. None of them are credible opponents if you ask me, and they will have to get a non-title pin on Cena prior to the PPV to give the match any kind of suspense. Does anyone agree?

I don't know. I hear D-X is leading a team, but at the same time, it's hard to see that 2 ppv's in a row. So it wouldn't shock me if Triple H's clean win over Cena on Raw last week makes him the new Number 1 Contender.

Well for survivor series, it will probably be a mid carder who will get the title shot at Cena, just because it does not have to be a main event match. Your more than likely going to have a traditional tag match main event, and then have Taker defend his title against CM Punk or someone, which leaves Cena a bit down on the card. It could be possible as well that Cena is a part of a tag match, so the title isn't defended until Armaggedon at the earliest. If that is the case, then it could be possible one of HBK or HHH will get the title shot if they are still not feuding with Jerishow. For mid carders to feud with Cena, I would look no further then Dibiase at this point, mainly to spark his feud with Orton. I don't see Legacy lasting past New Years, so this would be the good time to get Dibiase more of a spotlight. I also like the Miz, because he was very impressive at Bragging Rights against Morrison, a guy getting a massive push. The only hindrence is that Miz is the US champ, so will probably get more of a push defending that title. Besides that, I think Swagger is the only other one, but he still has his im going to be undefeated for the rest of 09 thing going on, so I don't think Swagger will be the one either.

It will be interesting to see who he feuds with next if they really won't feud again, well this year. They might have left themselves in a bit of a pickle, since the only other Top Heel on RAW is Show and he is in the Tag Division. They could do HHH vs. Cena again, but I think since DX already did a poster for the next PPV, that isn't likely. I think they might do a Beat the Clock Challenge on RAW, to determine the #1 contender for the WWE Championship. But personally, I would like to see The Miz vs. Cena for the belt. Miz has shocked me on how well he has done on RAW. A lot better than I expected.

Raw is in a very different spot now...moreso than it has been in almost a year. There are a few options however a lot of them involve midcarders....and on RAW...that never usually goes so well.

I believe that there will be some sort of drama between DiBiase and Orton. Here's my reasoning. DiBiase has not proven he can be thrown i the title picture just yet. That way, if he feuds with Orton now, there's no title on the line. Orton can make him look good and credible without any risk. Had Orton won tonight, DiBiase would've been thrusted in way too fast and failed like Orton in 2004 OR floundered away. DiBiase/Orton feud will begin soon. Cody will begin to feud with outsiders, and be involved in less and less Legacy segments...but that's just my opinion.

Cena and DiBiase with Orton interfering is a good thought, however that'd have to happen way down the line. DiBiase's title shot would have to be built up over a while. First he'd need a string of main event matches, a few wins and fan recognition...none of which he has. Unless they plan that for Royal Rumble, which would be great timing for it.

All in all for the first time in a long time, I just don't know. We shall see.

I think MVP, Henry, or Swagger are the only options going into the Survivor Series. Kofi will be on Team DX if they are doing a traditional 4 on 4 survivor series. None of them are credible opponents if you ask me, and they will have to get a non-title pin on Cena prior to the PPV to give the match any kind of suspense. Does anyone agree?

I agree 100% when you build Cena up as superman you better have some credible challengers for him. Sadly Raw is not very good at building up their midcard at all. I just don't see any Raw Heels with the charisma to get into Cena's head and make it a program worth watching. Besides The Miz and he just now got his first U.S. title run.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a Championship Scramble at Survivor Series with Cena, MVP, Henry, Swagger, and Dibiase, Cena would retain but whoever has the strongest showing could be thrown into a one on one feud with Cena at TLC

This really puts Raw in a bind as it would have been easier for Orton as a heel to have more opponents than Cena as a face having a new challenger on Raw. Raw to me has more established faces on it than it has villains.

I think Orton may try to use Cody or Ted as pawns to defeat Cena for the WWE Championship. This way, if either of them succeed in dethroning Cena, Orton can face them and get back the championship. Imagine Orton helping Ted win the WWE Championship from Cena only to turn on Ted like Evolution turned on Orton after Orton won his first championship. To me, that would make more sense than hotshotting someone like Swagger or Miz into a title shot. (Didn't Miz get killed by Cena a few months back at The Bash? I don't think anyone will take Miz vs. Cena seriously for a while.) Triple H and HBK are going to be feuding with Jerishow. So, for me, a Legacy vs. Cena with Orton manipulating DiBiase or Rhodes into winning the championship seems like the most logical progression in the landscape of Monday Night Raw.

All I have to say is the E just blew their ONE chance to move Cena to SD!. I can't believe Orton lost.Cena has nothing left to do on RAW. He has faced every Main Eventer on RAW so far. Cena is getting stale again & he really needed a fresh start. I can't believe the E f*cked this up. Well it looks like I'll be watching MNF instead of RAW tomorrow. Cena as champ = BORING!

alright since they dropped the ball and kept him on RAW who says he ahs to feud with a heel a good old fashioned one or two matches against a top face could go over well while deciding who the new heel in his side is going to be plus why is everybody jumping on breaking up legacy band wagon so quick if they are going to do it lets hope they do it in such a way that we are pleasantly surprised with the split plus Vince could bring in some new face to be a heel to face off against Cena in a non title match on RAWE at which point we have fresh blood in the mix as well as a new feud for Cena to grow in

First of all, this is my first thread reply. So if I am out of line or anything I am sorry, but this needs to be said. I know Cena is the "Golden Child" of the WWE, but do we really need him down our throats every single time. Him and Orton go back and forth the last 4 PPV is ******ed. It should have been Orton to win and end this. Put a new feud. But what most people do not understand is that Orton will get his rematch. If you listen or go back and watch the Raw where Cena asked for the match. Orton said no on his terms. If he were to agree to that inital match we would not have gotten a rematch. He agreed to a different match, if cena win he gets the title if he loses he leave. No where in that saying did they say no rematch for Orton. So in that sense, it is still orton vs cena for the 1000 time. I hate it as much as the next person, but that will be it. If they say "no" rematch, even though that was not in the stip., Orton will win the #1 contentership. We all know it. Sorry for the rant, but I have heard this all week and it pisses me off that no one really hears the whole thing. Plus I Hate Cena and he needs to just leave.

Swagger is still not ready for a WWE title shot, so I think you guys should probably not get your hopes up. The Miz JUST won the U.S. title so it's going to be at least a few more months before he gets thrown into the mix, and honestly, I'd prefer both of these guys to hone their craft for a while longer, perfect it, then we'll really see some magic. I am interested to see where creative goes from here now that the Cena/Orton feud is supposed to be done. I'm guessing we'll see Triple H get thrown back into the mix for a bit just as a transition feud, which doesn't really disappoint me all that much, as anyone's going to be refreshing to see against Cena. I'm hoping for a more traditional Survivor Series PPV, and without a RAW vs Smackdown match. Something that will set up new feuds and angles for everyone.

I've heard that HBK is going to get one more title reign before he retires, but with DX tied up with Jerishow right now, and Legacy fighting within themselves (Orton and DiBiase...leaving Rhodes to face Kofi I guess...) The only person I can see really being close to main event status right now would be MVP. I mean, he's pretty good in the ring, fans get behind him, and he can be golden on the mic, pretty much everything one would need to carry that ball. If they do throw MVP at Cena, I unfortunatly see it being a fairly short program.

I think its time they give orton a break from battling for the belt and plus keep hhh in the tag team division for a while and build up other guys from the midcard. It's time we see some fresh feuds like cena against anyone in the midcard except the miz because cena just had a rivalry with him a few months ago. It will be good to see legacy turn on orton and start a feud between them and lets really see what dibiase is really about because i haven't seen fight in that much single matches to build him as a top star yet.

I think MVP would be a good choice for a short program for Survivor Series. It's one of the big 4 ppvs for the WWE and it would be a boost to MVP if he challenged Cena for the WWE Championship. His ring skills are solid and is great on the stick. Sure he may not look like a solid opponent, but there's not many options and I really think this is the best way to go since Orton can't challenge him again.

Hey team save us...yes that did say orton wouldnt get a title shot that was one of the stips watch he wont be in the title scene i bet a hundred on it and im glad for once we can get a break from him for a while. No triple h is not gettin back in the title scene right now either hes locked up with dx and they will fued with jerishow for a while. No one knows what they are going to do next i personally hate the scramble match i was at unforgiven when they did the 1st one and it was real boring and i think a tournament or something of that nature would be best at this point if nothing at all just make him be apart of the survivor series team and build off of what happends at that ppv but the orton cena fued is over for a good while.

I think the best thing to do is do what somebody said earlier with the tornament and have Mark Henry win. Henry vs. Cena will be a good small 1-2 month feud, and who knows, maybe Henry will get the title with it. Other chances are like others said Mvp, Jack Swagger. They could break up DX early and forget the whole thing, but that'd be stupid, but it's not like the wwe creative team has done anything stupid before, or maybe they'll do something even stupider, and find yet again somehow, to have orton in the title picture once again. I say keep edge heel when he returns, send orton too smackdown, and have Edge on Raw. But another thing could be to break up Jerishow, or side line it for a month, and have Cena vs. Big show for the title.

WWE really shot themselves in the foot with this one. I don't understand why Cena won this match, they were really setting themselves up to a Cena move to Smackdown to face Taker or Punk. But now with Cena on Raw still, what heel steps up to face him now that Orton can never have a rematch?

I was at the PPV and it was pretty decent. Fatal Four Way match was probably the best.

Biggest Pops:
-Cena
-Hornswoggle
-Taker

But anyways, I'm thinking Cena might feud with Dibiase. I can just see it happening and would love to see it at Survivor Series.

Im surprised no one thinks Jericho is gonna go after the belt. He can be on any show and now as captain of smackdown and beating raw he can claim that he is better than anyone on Raw. I know in all likelihood it will be a tag team feud with DX but i think Jericho is a smart sensible choice to fill the role as number 1 contender going into the ppv he lost the title to Cena at last year if im not mistaken.

Who I think it will be I'm not quite sure but I think there's an opportunity for them to really build some momentum for Jack Swagger here. Including tomorrow nights RAW there is 4 shows before SS and we can have a tournament stretched over those 4 shows with the final being on the show before SS.

Now Swagger has this whole "I'm not getting beaten this year" thing going so I say he get's a tough draw (Mark Henry or similar) but comes through. Next week he can face a real big name, I say HBK and again emerge victorious. The next week he can come up against Ted Dibiase and I'd imagine most people would be guessing Ted gets the win but Swagger comes up with the surprise victory. Then in the final he comes up against HHH and maybe with some help from Jerishow or something gets the win.

Then at SS and I can hardly believe I'm suggesting this but, the Swagger v Cena match finishes as a double count out or as a count out win for Swagger meaning they can continue the feud through to the next PPV where again there is a result that doesn't see Swagger lose (a Cena DQ from some interference maybe) And then within 2 months Jack Swagger has gone from some guy who is going undefeated against the mid card to someone who has gone unbeaten in 2 matches against John Cena and is now seen as at least a half creditable challenger.

And to add to that I seem to remember these 2 having quite a good match a couple of months back, Cena even put Swagger across quite well if I recall correctly so it could be quite a good little feud. Obviously this won't happen but it'd be great if it did.

I believe that somehow Diabiase is going to earn the next title shot. Somehow he will win, probably not right away but in a few months. After this happens, Orton will order Ted to lay down for him and give up the belt. Teddy will balk at this and set up his face turn and feud with Orton.

Cena is lame and RAW is boring now. At this point they could do Dibaise beating Cena and Orton do the "finger of doom" LMAO! That is what is so bad they have made Cena unstoppable. At least back in the day when Hogan was, the matches were interesting. RAW and WWE in general doesn't have a Macho Man or Andre the Giant caliber wrestler anymore. Cena is about as interesting as watching paint dry or Kahli wrestle.

Hmm, what if Vince swerves us all again? What if somehow for some reason Cena says he WANTS to go to SD! and He struck up a new deal with Teddy Long. Raw gets a superstar in return. Now this leaves the titles on the same show. I don't really know how that would work. Maybe taker comes to Raw or something like that. I'm lost as to what WWE did here. Cena going to SD made so much sense, especially with Batista turning heel tonight. It left a huge void. Some how I just feel like something will go down and allow Cena to trade/switch to SD!. This is why Vince is the one in charge. He keeps us guessing. There are soo many questions and possibilities to this outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back