Cena Region, Hartford Subregion, First Round: (13) Rob Van Dam vs. (20) Dynamite Kid

Who Wins This Match?

• Rob Van Dam

• Dynamite Kid

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Hartford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut.

xl.jpg
Rob-Van-Dam-tna-superstar-11.jpeg

#13. Rob Van Dam

Vs.

tumblr_inline_mzp7n1GiW91s6pcmf.jpg

#20. Dynamite Kid

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

OMG this match would be a wet dream come true. Dynamite is amazing in the ring, and would go move for move with Van Dam for hopefully a solid 20-minute match, but I'm voting for RVD here. He was the man in ECW, and got to the top of WWE and TNA as well. He's an athletic phenomenon, and would have gone on to do better than he actually did if he didn't get in his own way.

RVD wins a long hard fought fun match, and then they smoke a doob backstage.

In the same year Kid won best high flyer and best technical wrestler, that is something special. Be it Japan, Canada, or briefly in WWE, Kid always brought his best.

I just don't think his best would be enough for RVD. A multi time world champ in WWE and TNA, he was also one of the guys who carried ECW. Like NSL said, RVD's biggest push was derailed because he got in his own way, but his ceiling was just higher than Kid's, and as such he takes this match.

Like NSL said, RVD's biggest push was derailed because he got in his own way, but his ceiling was just higher than Kid's, and as such he takes this match.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

But even with that big push being derailed, he still achieved greater heights, and will be remember more than Dynamite ever will. It's a shame that Dynamite never did more, but this is just too much for him.

Rob Van Dam has been a childhood favorite for many of us for his athleticism and flexibility. He is one of the stars I adored when I started watching Wrestling, that doesn't quantify the reason for me to vote him. But his championship triumphs and hardcore nature let alone be the reason to beat Dynamite Kid. Five Star Frog Splash! RVD Wins!!

Considering accomplishments, Rob Van Dam goes over Dynamite Kid quite easily.

But if we consider in-ring work ability of both these guys, It would be a high flying hardcore match in which RVD goes over. He had an awesome career in WWE and ECW.

So Rob Van Dam.

By the way, Its disturbing to see the toll of damage by injuries on Dynamite Kid.

Dynamite Kid is, quite rightly, well respected and regarded for his in ring work. Sadly, he did not have the total package and his only singles work of note was in the Wrestling Classic tournament. I'm not sure that's enough here. Rob Van Dam was an immensely popular wrestler and whilst I know a few big names spent a short time there, he's the only true ECW stalwart who broke out and became something big in the big leagues. I think that RVD would win quite handily here.

I'm going the opposite of everyone here. I've always been a huge RVD fan... but this one is Dynamite Kid all the way.

Dynamite Kid's body breaking down is probably one of the great course altering tragedies in professional wrestling history. The man was just so far ahead of his time in the ring it was ridiculous... to the point one wouldn't have been surprised to find a time machine in his basement somewhere. He inspired so much innovation in wrestling styles that without him, the type of wrestling we became accustomed to watching may not have happened for years. He was truly one of a kind.

If his body didn't break down, 90's WWE would have been different. He would have been right there at the top with Hart and HBK. Maybe even one of those guys never reaches the heights that they did because they would have been playing second fiddle to Dynamite instead. I could see the Bulldogs splitting up near the end of the 80's, with Dynamite playing the heel, which is where he always did his best work. He goes over Smith and works his way up to a long term IC champ at first. Once Hogan is gone and they go with smaller, more technical guys, Dynamite gets his chance to run with the ball. Likely with Hart as his protagonist, since Dynamite always did his best to ensure that Hart got every opportunity possible... but I can also see runs with and against HBK as well. If people were blown away by Hart/Smith at Wembly... then they would have been beside themselves seeing Hart/Kid at Wembly instead. Because as good as Davey Boy Smith was, he was nothing compared to the Dynamite Kid.

The guy was absolutely incredible in the ring, and deserves to go on a bit of a run here. Do the right thing. Vote for the true innovator. Vote for the Dynamite Kid.

Dynamite was one of the best workers of all time and I have trouble putting RVD over him in this one. However RVD had a much better career all things considered and was one of the more naturally popular wrestlers in history. RVD's got that World title too. Tough one.

I'll hold out judgment until I hear some more.

This is one of the tournament matches that I would love to see go down in real life. Their clash would be epic.

Now, we all respect Dynamite & he certainly earned it, but he has not done as much as Van Damn did. The guy can thrive on the mat, in the air and against the most hardcore wrestling has had. Winning titles everywhere and being the one guy who truly elevated his career after ECW adds those important notches in a wrestlers belt when comparing careers. If there is one guy that could truly have held his own against Dynamite and eventually came out the victor it would be RVD.

A match for the ages for sure, but I dont think Dynamite could win this one.

Both of these guys made a career out of doing flippy moves and high paced matches with innovative offense. Except one was highly popular and didn't have the personality of a cardboard box that has literally been melted into the pavement by the rain. And that's RVD. RVD also formed a successful and entertaining team with Kane. So he gets my vote based solely on principle.

Plus I'll always wonder that if RVD had lost to Cena in New York if fans would have rioted like they said they would. I would have loved to have turned on Fox news that night to a headline that read "Pro Wrestling is Still Real to Fans in New York, Dammit!."

Dynamite was amazing to watch, as was (is? Idk) RVD, and this no doubt would be a match entertaining as hell to watch. But in the end, RVD accomplished more, particularly after busting out of his little bingo hall and making a name for himself all over as one of the great high-flyers and technicians.
Vote The Whole F'n Show.

We kind of already seen how this match would play out...

[YOUTUBE]LS1dqgTYwzI[/YOUTUBE]

And let's be honest, Benoit was a better version of Dynamite Kid, so there's no argument to be made kayfabe wise here.

Legacy wise... I mean, Dynamite is one of the greatest tag team wrestlers ever, but he never truly made it as a singles performer. On the other side, we have RVD, who has even more tag team accomplishments than Dynamite, and his singles career was superb, littered with championships in every company he's ever been apart of.

Pretty easy choice. Quite frankly this should be a blow out in RVD's favor.

Legacy wise... I mean, Dynamite is one of the greatest tag team wrestlers ever, but he never truly made it as a singles performer. On the other side, we have RVD, who has even more tag team accomplishments than Dynamite, and his singles career was superb, littered with championships in every company he's ever been apart of.

I think you're overselling RVD's tag achievements. His time as a tag wrestler was in a much more watered down era for tag wrestling. Dynamite was a member of one of the most talented tag teams, during a period where tag wrestling was at an all-time high. He may not have as many championships, but he was also competing against the Hart Foundation, Demolition, Powers Of Pain, Rockers, Rougeaus, etc.

RVD got my vote, and I agree he wins, but credit is due here.

This would be an amazing match! It's a shame RVD and Dynamite are from different eras and never got to lock it up, they would blow the roof off any arena.

Dynamite was one of the pioneers of high flying wrestlers, and influenced so many guys over the years. He's Chris Benoit's inspiration, which is where Benoit took the diving headbutt from. However, his success doesn't compare to Mr PPV, The Whole F'N Show, Mr Monday Night, Rob Van Dam.

WHAT AN ATHLETE Van Dam was in his prime. I was blown away with him when I first saw his matches against Jerry Lynn and was delighted when he joined WWE in 2001, and FINALLY won the big one at ONS in 2006. He's been WWE, ECW and TNA World Champion, TV Champion in ECW for 2 years, Intercontinental Champ, Tag Team Champion and probably should have accomplished even more than he did, but that's his own doing.

After a stunning match, Van Dam with the 5 Star Frog Splash for the win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back