Cena Region, Hartford Subregion, Second Round: (5) Terry Funk vs. (12) Jeff Hardy

Who Wins This Match?

• Terry Funk

• Jeff Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Cena Region, Hartford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut.

xl.jpg

terry-funk.jpg

#5. Terry Funk

Vs.

168ig0p.jpg

#12. Jeff Hardy

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Man, as much as I want my boy Jeff to win, everything he did Terry did to an even more extreme level. The real one advantage Jeff Hardy could have over anyone is that he was unpredictable and extreme. Well now when you mention Terry Funks name you say you get that and more (man I love hubie Browns commentating). Would love this match to be hardcore because it would be one hell of a spot fest. Regardless Terry is a legend for a reason and when you look up extreme in the dictionary you will see a picture of him.

Hate doing his but sadly gonna have to go for Funk here.

Fuck.

I know people are probably going to vote Funk over Hardy but still.

There's a lot of similarities between Funk and Hardy when you think about it. Both made their name in a bigger promotion where they were world champion. Went to a smaller one where they were also world champion and where they also helped out the younger talent (kinda) and both are batshit insane.

This match would probably go on until one (or both of them) couldn't move. But I'm going with Jeff if nothing else because I watched him as a kid and there's sentimental attachment. I like Funk and all but I went back and watched his stuff as an adult and it's great and all but I don't think I'd have enjoyed him anymore if i'd watched him growing up. Watching Jeff hardy as a kid made me think the crazy weird guy could make it and there's something to be said about that.

I think I'm going to go with Terry Funk. Ultimately, Jeff Hardy threw away his only opportunity, and while Funk probably never quite reached the same heights in a single national company, he was the NWA champion which is basically the same thing. For me, the longevity of Funk's career and the manner with which Hardy clearly was never as dedicated to the business, means I'm going Funk.

I have this gut feeling that if this match ever happened it would have been a barn burner.

Jeff Hardy was on the cusp of greatness is 2009, and he left the company. I still think its one of the most erred decisions every by a pro wrestler (see Graham/Backlund) who was about to explode and swerved his own damn career.

But Funk for me. His longevity, drawing power were amazing. He came from a family of shooters yet carved a niche that transcended not only his Amarillo territory, but his family as well. That is saying something.

Funk It!

The argument made for Hardy beating Big Daddy was that he would just keep throwing himself at Daddy until he was worn out, and the win could be taken.

That would not be the case against Funk. Even into his late 50's, he was still going with guys young enough to be his kids, and he was winning. He went through absolute wars for roughly 20 years, taking shots that would make Hardy scream in agony.

And, this isn't even a hardcore match. There's really no arguing that Funk isn't a better ring technician. Hardy may throw out some garbage moves and deliver a solid hit or two, but Funk will not die...

Terry Funk gets my vote. For all his antics, he would NEVER have come to a ring higher than a kite and put his opponent and officials in danger. Jeff Hardy might have cleaned up his act. But, Victory Road 2011 was one of the most unprofessional acts in wrestling history. FOR THAT ALONE, vote for Funk.

Fuck.

I know people are probably going to vote Funk over Hardy but still.

There's a lot of similarities between Funk and Hardy when you think about it. Both made their name in a bigger promotion where they were world champion. Went to a smaller one where they were also world champion and where they also helped out the younger talent (kinda) and both are batshit insane.

This match would probably go on until one (or both of them) couldn't move. But I'm going with Jeff if nothing else because I watched him as a kid and there's sentimental attachment. I like Funk and all but I went back and watched his stuff as an adult and it's great and all but I don't think I'd have enjoyed him anymore if i'd watched him growing up. Watching Jeff hardy as a kid made me think the crazy weird guy could make it and there's something to be said about that.

I think this is pretty much how I feel about it. Funk is the more important figure in wrestling history, but I reckon I'm gonna give my vote to Jeff for what the Hardy Boyz meant to be growing up. In high school, when everyone's favourite wrestlers were Austin, The Rock etc mine was Matt and Jeff Hardy. What they were doing in the ring was probably the coolest thing I'd ever seen at the time.

The list of accolades Jeff has gathered is alot longer than Funk's but that's not the only thing that matters. Terry is the right pick here, and is clearly going to win but I'm throwing my vote behind The Charismatic Enigma.

I have always preferred Jeff Hardy way above Matt Hardy. I just loved his persona amd plethora of moves he used to execute. Swanton Bomb was an awesome move which I used to perform in my childhood mimmicking him.

BUT unfortunately, Jeff is nowhere near the level of Terry Funk in every matter concerned.

Funk is a hardcore legend and Jeff is a good one too but Funk wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back