Cena Region, Hartford Subregion, First Round: (5) Terry Funk vs. (28) Steven Richards

Who Wins This Match?

• Terry Funk

• Steven Richards

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Cena Region, Hartford Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut.

xl.jpg

terry-funk.jpg

#5. Terry Funk

Vs.

stevie-richards.jpg

#28. Steven Richards

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

How does this match keep happening? I argued a couple years ago that Stevie would beat Funk because of Stevie's charity work and that he loves kitties. I don't want to bust out that argument again because it made Brain think I was stupid.

This match happened a lot, and Funk came out on top a lot.

Vote Funk.

Fuck yo couch. I don't give a damn if Funk has beaten Richards before, even on multiple occasions. Yes, Stevie loves kitties and charity, but let's not forget his concern for the younger folk in the world- yes, that's right, Right to Censor.
Richards censors Funk's hardcore style before Stevie kicking the shit out of him.
Vote Richards.

How does this match keep happening? I argued a couple years ago that Stevie would beat Funk because of Stevie's charity work and that he loves kitties. I don't want to bust out that argument again because it made Brain think I was stupid.

This match happened a lot, and Funk came out on top a lot.

Vote Funk.

Oh Yaz, you know I love you. The tournament does things to people though. People who get along fine all year turn into angry hateful assholes, and God dammit that's just part of the fun.

I know you're just playing around but I still don't understand the love for Stevie Richards on this forum. To each his own. I just don't get it. Obviously Funk wins here because he's Terry Funk and Stevie Richards is Stevie Richards. Funk was relevant for decades, won world titles, and was able to successfully reinvent himself to change with the times. Richards was mostly a clown that imitated other wrestlers.

I know you're just playing around but I still don't understand the love for Stevie Richards on this forum. To each his own. I just don't get it.

The love for Stevie comes from his ability to make anything he was given work for him. Blue World Order. Right To Censor. Dr. Stevie. He was entertaining, and good enough on the mic.

All that said, this is an easy win for Terry Funk. He's beaten far better guys, and has head-to-head wins over Richards. It would be an awesome match, I think, because Richards would sell like hell for him, and the promos would be fun, but that's about it.

Stevie Richards has taken some absolutely ludicrous gimmicks and made them popular. He is an incredible actor and has consistently delivered great performances. Great performances that never lead to wins though. Old ECW clusterfuck Terry Funk was better than Richards when it came to wins, NWA Terry Funk was out of his league entirely. Funk wins.

Who the fuck is Stevie Richards? I think someone made a mistake, because that picture is of Titus. Have you not heard the legends?

Unfortunately even our hero Titus could not slay the crazy old bastard dragon we know as Terry Funk. Before he became a hardcore legend, he was a wrestling maniac. Anyone new around here that has no clue who that old guy from RAW was, go ahead and get to watching some footage. Terry Funk is legit & would have no issue winning this match.

I don't think people realise how talented Stevie Richards is, the guy is a great performer.

But he's no Terry Funk. Even in his 50s, Funk beat Richards at the first ECW PPV "Barely Legal" which says it all. He's on a different level to Stevie, even far past his prime.

Funk wins this easily with a Piledriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back