Cena and Orton---The Rock-Austin Of This Era?

To even compare Cena and Orton to two of the best wrestlers in the past 15 years is asinine. The Rock and Austin made the Attitude era what it was. Two brash attitudes who conflicted at every point. They both played both sides of the heel/face persona and they made the WWE a LOT of money. Cena and Orton are merely the two most serviceable wrestlers the WWE has at this point. Cena's more than likely in his late 20's to early 30's and Orton's not even 30 yet. Their best years are ahead of them. Right now, it's only like Rock/Austin in that their the focal point of the WWE, but as far as talent and quality of matches are concerned? Big no on that one.

Although Cena-Orton is no Austin Rock the reason lots of people bash them is because their personal favorites aren't being pushed.

It doesn't take that long to realize it, lots of people on these boards bitch and moan about Orton and Cena because their main motives is to bash them in order to give their guys a push.

I'm a Orton fan so I understand but let me tell you there is a reason these two are at the top and other aren't. So if you don't like it maybe you should stop watching because Randy Orton and John Cena will be leading the company for the next 10 years.

Well if they can actually lead it for that amount of time that feud would be
the greatest, but as far as it goes, they won't.

They have had a good couple of years but right know that is about it. If hey are kept appart from each other and then renew their rivalry in a succesful and fresher way, that could great, but right know it has gone too long.

Like I said Edge VS Cena was better, and this "If Cena loses he leaves Raw" is a recycled part of that feud, because it pretty much predicts the winner. Now this will be great if Cena loses (not because I hate Cena, Actually not a fan but lots of respect for the guy), because it will be really a shocker that the main face loses everything and goes to Smackdown and leaves Randy as the Ultime Heel. Don't thing the WWE has waht it takes to pull something like that, I know I won't do it for a lot of reasons, but it wll be great, crazy, but great.

I would have to somewhat agree with you on this topic. I do think that this generation has Cena-Orton as opposed the older generation of Austin-Rock. They are the top two guys for this generation. I do have to say though, I am not a fan of their feud because I don't think that they work well together, that is my opinion of course. A couple of people said that Edge-Cena feud was better, and I completly agree with that statement, Edge and Cena told a great story and it never really got too bad. Orton and Cena gets stale very quickly to me.

I to don't believe they work that well together Orton has had good matches with guys like The Undertaker Jeff Hardy Kurt Angle Rey Mysterio Edge and Mick Foley. Hell he's even gotten a solid match out of Batista. We just don't remember these matches because he has been stuck with Cena, Batista and Triple H.

Edge-Cena was much better they had great chemistry but their overall ring work wasn't to special it was the promos they had Edge slapping Cena's dad for example. But that feud has had more matches than Cena-Orton, so wouldn't it be contradicting yourself if you claim that Cena-Orton has happened to much when Edge-Cena has happened much more times ?

Cena's promo was wrong. They haven't developed quite the rivalry. They've done barely anything novel or worthy of note with each other as far as build goes. While SmackDown and even ECW are breeding ACTUAL feuds, Raw's dragging this out for no reason and calling it a heated feud for no clear reason. The 2009 version of this "feud" has left a ton to be desired on the story side.

Cena has had far better and more important feuds during his time on top. I'd put his Edge and Jericho (from last year) feuds up there as his top ones. The Edge one is a clear choice while the Jericho feud (for the month it lasted) is really overlooked for how well put together it was and what great foils Cena and Jericho are for one another as both wrestlers and characters. They had an ACTUAL feud.

As far as making a Rock-Austin comparison goes, no. Project Orton is a failure many times over. He can't be hoped to carry Rock or Austin's jock. Cena may end up in the feud of this era eventually, but it won't be with Orton.

As for some of the best feuds of this era so far (IMO):
-JBL vs. Eddie Guerrero
-John Cena vs. Edge
-Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
-CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy
-John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
-Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho

See the difference between this thrown together crap (Orton vs. Cena) and real feuds. In 2007 this feud had a bit of something going for it at one point. However, they killed that when they threw Triple H in upon Cena's return. Revisiting the feud in the current half-assed manner does nothing for me.

As far as making a Rock-Austin comparison goes, no. Project Orton is a failure many times over. He can't be hoped to carry Rock or Austin's jock. Cena may end up in the feud of this era eventually, but it won't be with Orton.

How has "project Orton" been a failure ? He was the hottest talent in years when he punted VKM and then creative and Triple H squashed his amazing momentum. Not his fault it's ultra impressive he is still getting massive heat the last guy to attack VKM went on to be one of the biggest most iconic babyfaces in wrestling history. Randy Orton has had to save creative from their mistakes for the last few months and his work has been nothing short of brilliant.

Cena is a face that doesn't get cheered Orton is a heel that does his job better than just about anybody else and he hasn't even hit his prime yet he is only 29 !

Neither of these guys can carry the Rock or Austins jock especially Cena, Orton will be involved in "the rivalry" because their is no heel young enough that is near his level. All the guys that are close are way past their prime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back