The new Austin/Rock feud should be...

SUre cena isnt the best wrestler or the best on the mic but give him credit who else can sale merchandise and get the crowd pumped like him

OK, I'll give full 100% credit to Cena for being a merchandise pusher. Good for him.

Hell, merchandise is the ONE SINGLE THING the guy DOES sell. :laugh:

But Britney Spears moved a ton of merchandise in her day too. That doesn't mean she was a good singer. :p

Cena doesn't sell moves!? That's ALL he does! His gimmick is he gets the shit knocked out of him and then recovers in the end (a la Hogan). You just read what people were putting on here 2 years ago, cus hardly anybody bashes Cena anymore.

Cena is not stale on the mic either. Try looking up his youtube videos. Sure, he's been watered down since WWE went PG, but he has the talent.

If you knew ANYTHING, he isn't his "whiteboy rapper" character anymore. That's where you have proven to me that you, sir, are ******ed.

Rock/SCSA feud was only great and so long because the WWE didn't have as big of a main event roster and only ONE WWF(E) Championship. So when you only have, in that time frame, The Rock, Mankind, SCSA, HHH, Taker and (eventually) Kurt Angle in the main event, of course it was easy for them to repeat Wrestlemania matches. In the WWE's current main event, we have Cena, Orton, Edge, Batista, Taker, Swagger, Big Show, Jericho, HHH, Sheamus, Punk, and Mysterio; not to mention all the other superstars that we just "need" in the main event. Add the extra PPVs, and feuds go by a lot faster than they did 11 years ago.

So with that logic, yes, it is hard to have another Rock/SCSA feud. But if I had to pick one, it's Orton/Cena.

Yeah and the you cant see me was taken from the rocks peoples elbow, which shows no creativity at all. Both randy orton and john cena's finishing moves have already been used. Saturn used john cena's in wcw and we all know were randy orton got his from, the diamond cutter by ddp.

Not every wrestler has invented their own finisher. Cena actually stole his from Lesnar. F-U is a mock of the F-5.

The RKO is a jumping cutter. Cutters have been used by many wrestlers: Jeff Hardy, Stone Cold, DDP for example.

Hell, even the Nature Boy Ric Flair didn't invent the Figure Four Leg-lock.

Batista didn't invent the power bomb, HHH didn't invent the double underhook face buster (pedigree), and Undertaker didn't invent the chokeslam, piledriver, or triangle hold.

The feud that I see being the new rock and Austin is the feud between Randy Orton, and Ted Dibiasie Jr. Or Something involving a heel version of John Cena feuding with Orton because everyone can see that Cena is due to be turned heel again and Orton will try to win the title off of him and won't succeed because Cena will be protected by Vince.

Cena doesn't sell moves!? That's ALL he does! His gimmick is he gets the shit knocked out of him and then recovers in the end (a la Hogan). You just read what people were putting on here 2 years ago, cus hardly anybody bashes Cena anymore.

Cena is not stale on the mic either. Try looking up his youtube videos. Sure, he's been watered down since WWE went PG, but he has the talent.

If you knew ANYTHING, he isn't his "whiteboy rapper" character anymore. That's where you have proven to me that you, sir, are ******ed.

Rock/SCSA feud was only great and so long because the WWE didn't have as big of a main event roster and only ONE WWF(E) Championship. So when you only have, in that time frame, The Rock, Mankind, SCSA, HHH, Taker and (eventually) Kurt Angle in the main event, of course it was easy for them to repeat Wrestlemania matches. In the WWE's current main event, we have Cena, Orton, Edge, Batista, Taker, Swagger, Big Show, Jericho, HHH, Sheamus, Punk, and Mysterio; not to mention all the other superstars that we just "need" in the main event. Add the extra PPVs, and feuds go by a lot faster than they did 11 years ago.

So with that logic, yes, it is hard to have another Rock/SCSA feud. But if I had to pick one, it's Orton/Cena.

He's certainly still the 'whiteboy rapper'. Why else would he keep playing that horrific entry "whiteboy rapper" styled music?

Look - you wanna dangle on Cena's nutsack and throw your parent's money away on Cena headbands, fine by me. But don't act like that makes Cena worth a crap because it doesn't.

And no - the jackass doesn't sell opponents' moves at all. The fact that you compared him to Hogan proves it. Nice comparison too - Hogan didn't sell moves for crap either. But such a comparison when you're trying to build a case that Cena's competent only proves that it is YOU, Trig Palin, that is ******ed.

PS: At least you agree with me that Cena/Orton can't hold a candle to Rock/SCSA feud.

The ROCK nd AUSTIN feud has always been liking of many fans around the world....both superstars played a major role for for the WWF to knockout out WCW out of the frame...both were great in the ring,electrified the crowd every time they competed...famous catchphrases it was always fun to watch each superstar insult the other...and the last encounter between these superstars back at WM19 was a classic

There have been other feuds Triple H nd HBK,Cena nd Orton,EDGE nd TAKER,Punk nd Hardy nd also a special mention for MVP nd Matt Hardy for having the most unexpected rivalry which was a huge success

I personally feel that The Miz nd John Morrison can have rivalry that could be called as THE ROCK vs AUSTIN II....both superstars are young,great in ring abilities(Miz is improving)...The miz draws great amount of heat....nd JoMo needs some good storylines to build him up as the top babyface of the company...nd a rivalry between these superstars can be fun to watch out for with the US title on the line and also for the WWE championship in the future.....it will be a treat to watch

Okay I understand the comparisons of Randy orton and stone cold .. But comparing John cena and edge to the rock is insane. The rock is wayyyyy better than them both combined. And it seems like every next "stone cold/ rock" feud involves Randy orton and your favorite wrestler? I'm guessing Randy orton is making everyones career in the wwe .
The rock is supposed to come back to the wwe this summer so hopefully him and orton feud like how he and stone cold did .

I would have to say a feud that could be big would be cm punk vs orton. u build punk up and have him try to ally himself w orton stating orton got in trouble in the past with his excessive partying and drinking now since orton has a daughter he has cleaned up and joining punk will keep it that way. a rko later and thats it. also even tho i hate miz orton and miz later on could be good. orton the straight up badass then miz the self absorbed ********.

OMG this is a good one i dont care what sum internet dorks think. HHH vs McIntyre. In a few years u have built up mcintyre and really play up the mcmahon chosen one angle. then drew figures hhh is old and done and since he is vinces chosen one he should be married to vinces daughter steph and not hhh. drew can claim he would father vince better looking,smarter, and perfect children with steph better grandchildren than hhh. he could be real charming to steph and then the loyalities of vince,steph and even linda come into play. i mean thos could get so personal and intriguing ya know.

I know most people wont agree on this, however, I really think that if WWE really used Kane to his highest potential, he could have a great fued. Just think of some of the things he did. When he wore his mask, he was pretty much completely unstoppable. Despite holding the WWF championship 1 time for about 24 hours. That i think is really messed up. And after he lost his mask, he set Jim Ross on fire. Plus the psychotic episodes he displayed in his fued with rey mysterio. If his character was used how it should be, Kane could have a fued equal to the Austin/ Rock fued with people like, Randy Orton, John Cena, and hell, even Batista. But he would need to be utilized better than he is now. Thats just my opinion on it

i have enjoyed Edge and Jericho whenever it has happened, they never have boring matches, are both at the top of their games and are both gold on the mic, they've been best friends and worst enemies and have competed in some truely amazing matches. So i'd say if any two guys were the guys to be the new Rock and Austin, it'd be them. Also they don't seem to have been over used like Orton and Cena, they keep getting seperated and them forced back together and stuff, all makes awesome suspense if you ask me

A feud over the IC belt would be great for Orton and Edge as both have had it levelled that they are not big enough draws to be anything but transitional World champs (see also Jericho and CM Punk), and this would drop the pressure levels on both to carry the show. Done right both guys could theoretically move to the ultimate level as held by Undi (& prior to his retirement- HBK), of not needing the world belt (or even being in the chase for it) to be forever 'over'.

I am a massive supporter of turning Cena heel as I feel he could channel his inner Corporation Rock. I'd run it this way, have him come out and midway through a standard Cena face speech have him lambast the fans about being sick of being the WWe poster boy. Have him tell them their boos mean bog all because he is realing in millions & millions. At this stage have Vinnie Mac & Steph come quickly down to the stage with no entrance music or mics looking a combo of enraged and confused- has their golden goose lost his mind? Have them speak to John off mic and him seemingly about to walk out of the ring when he attacks Vince unprovoked and busts him open (imagine the effect this could have in the no blood WWe of the moment). Steph tries to step in and it looks like he's going to confound things by belting her too when Trip (again, no entrance music and it'd be a nice one if he is wearing something you'd not expect, to give the impression that this isn't planned) comes charging and a seemingly real fight breaks out... imagine the mileage WWe could get outta this set up!

With two feuds like this running (Edge could even side with Cena over feeling like he is WWe's continual go to guy when they want to put over some inferior wrestlers) Raw could become more about the action again, rather than crappy guest hosts, Hornswoggle/ Santina 'comedy' skits or pushing NxT!

The problem with this is the brand split. The reason why many of these feuds were so amazing in the past. (Hogan/Flair, Austin/Rock, etc) is because at every event for years both men would be at the event. Even if they were not in a feud they were both in the arena at the same time so you could do little promos with the two wrestlers even if they were not feuding. There would be plenty of times in the attitude era that Austin and Rock would be shown backstage staring each other down or what not, even if they were feuding with different wrestlers just because the WWE(F) did a great job night after night slowly fueling the fire between the two wrestlers.

With the current WWE, wrestlers are switching brands all the time. A good slow burning feud like Austin and Rock can start then all of a sudden they trade one of the wrestlers to another show. It then kills the feud.

However I think two wrestlers that have created a great feud between the two would be Orton and Triple H. Even when they are faces they hate each other, just like Austin and The Rock. I think that is the closest we are going to get.

I hate to think of the best rivalry that WWE could put on would be thought of as a "Rock/Austin" feud. WWE could do so much more in my opinion than relate to an old rivalry. I'm sure some people thought Rock vs. Stone Cold as "like a Hogan/Piper feud". Time changes, we need something that will not be looked at as "like someone else's feud." In years time, we are going to see a "The new Cena/Orton" feud should be..." and that is something I can do without.

But for sake of fantasy and the idea alone being an interesting one, here are a few that might make potential in a few years time:

Punk/Miz Feud
Morrison/Kingston Feud
McIntyre/Danielson Feud
Sheamus/Christian Feud
Swagger/Angle Feud
Mysterio/Bourne Feud

Yes, I am well aware that some of these are on different rosters at the moment. I mean in a few years time so please bare with me.

I agree with Tully 100% -- no wrestler today can even come CLOSE to the Austin/Rock feud, or even to the Rock/HHH feud. As for Cena, I'm not going to say that he sucks, but if he'd have been the John Cena of today 10 years ago, The Rock would have made him look like a b*tch, in terms of being able to cut a promo and electrify the crowd. The fact is that Cena cannot even hold a candle to the likes of Rock or Austin. He is not in their league, neither is any current wrestler on WWE's roster today. PG era or not, Cena is no Austin or Rock.

I would actually say that the most "intense" feud of recent memory was the Orton/HHH feud, which WWE could have made so much more of, especially if the product weren't so damn "PG". Other than that, all other feuds are forgettable when measured against Rock/Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back