• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Career Lengths

How long should a WWE career be?

• 5 years

• 10 years

• 15 years

• 20 / + years

Results are only viewable after voting.

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
In the WWE we have seen careers branch from just a couple of years to a good several decades. There are plenty of veterans who have slowly left the company one by one, Ric Flair, the latest guy, ending his career beautifully in the best way possible. Now the WWE only really has two guys who have been in the company and could probably go as long as Flair did. Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, the last two guys who were on the first episode of Monday Night Raw and are still considered impressive and high standerds in the company.

But enough about that, the point of the thread is this what ages would you like to stay in a wrestling company and how would you like to retire? Would you want a calm leave from the company, or a massive blow out like Flair? Try setting up you answers like this.

Length (YRS):

20-35

I feel a nice 15 year career would give a wrestler time to achieve any goals that they have set themselves. One and a half years to reach the top of ECW, then get drafted to RAW and win the US championship about half a year later. Then after a lengthy run I'd want to drop it before a Royal Rumble, and win it. This'll be about 3 years in total. Then win the world championship, have about a 5-6 month rein, nothing to long. When I lose the championship, I would want like a 3 year break to compose myself, then return in a really arrogant fashion, like Y2J did. Wrestle on SD! going after the World Heavyweight Championship. Then after about 2 years main eventing, I'll try toning down and going after the Unified Tag Team Championships, and in my retiring yearhave the World Heavyweight Championship and challenge someone young at WrestleMania, lose to them, take my bow and retire young(ish) with money and making odd appearences at the WWE, mabye even a commentating job.

(Okay, so mabye you don't have to describe it in as much detail as me, but give a jist.)

Retirement match:

Retire at WrestleMania 43 against a young talent for them to win the World Heavyweight Championship.

Depends. If somebody makes it to the top of WWE quickly then you don't really want them to hang around too long. That's why The Rock & Austin will always be popular. They left you wanting more.

But somebody like Edge should have more longevity because it took him ages to become a dependable main eventer.

Personally, I don't really want many wrestlers hanging around much after 15 years in general, lest not in the same company.

Depends if you work hard to build a Main Event carer you stay around longer look at HBK and Edge. Guys who are given their ME shot right at the begining dont last as long i mean The Rock and Austin are two guys who had their fame basicly at the begining then left basicly in their prime with alot more left to prove but having that early fame gave them less time to build up and cut years off of their carer

Career lengths do not have a time limit on anybody, even in the hypothetical stance or nature of a question. Sure, you can look at a wrestler & study them during their first few months & hit a prediction about them & how long their career should last... but to give an average on everybody in the collective sense? It is not reasonable simply because every wrestler is different due to their wrestling style, their age, how good of a wrestler they are, ability to get over with the crowd, a loyal businessperson... all these factors of the wrestler as well as the treatment of the character by WWE creative & booking teams.

How can you limit a career, how can you say x wrestler is great, but dont let him hang around for too long, because he will get stale. I couldn’t do it. You talking about some bodies career, their livelihood, sure they make allot of money as wrestlers, but its still their job, can you imagine going to work tomorrow and your boss sacks you, just cause you’ve worker there 10 years :lmao:

Also, baring a bad injury I'd say a wrestler can comfortable performer to a high level until they are 50ish, better wrestlers may last longer, others may not. So their career length will be dependant on when their career takes off. If someone is in the indies until they are 25 they wont have as long a run in WWE/TNA, as someone who hits OVW/ECW at 18.

Someone’s career should last as long as they want it too, and their boss is willing to pay them. But I could see a top performer easily having a 30+ year career if they started early enough, and their body held out.

I think it's too broad of a question to accurately guage. As long as a wrestler can still climb into the ring, do his thing and make me give a damn about seeing him do his thing, then I have no problem seeing him stay around as long as he possibly can.

For example, I've read a few posts on how the Undertaker should retire. That's one opinion and all, but the facts are that Taker is one of the most popular wrestlers on the WWE roster, still pulls off his character very very well and puts on great matches. As long as he, or any older guy, can do that then I have no problem with him being around as long as he's able.

For me, whether the wrestler is young or old, I'd like him to stay around as long as he's able to deliver the goods.

I agree with Ashleigh FalKon. It all has to depend on a few factors. One is your mind. Another is your age. And then you have your style. Think of your mindset. As long as, in your mind, you feel that you can still go, then why stop? Age is another factor. You can start out young, quick, and athletic and then as age comes to you, you may become a bit slower, and less flexible. Then comes your style. If you're style is one that isn't too extreme, mostly mat based, then you can go for several years. Injuries can also be a factor.

For example, Ric Flair had the correct mindset for himself. At 58 or 59 years old, he still believed that he can still go in the ring and he could. Look age. Undertaker at his late 40s is a very effective wrestler, but can still go. You've got Sting and Kevin Nash at 50 years old and they can still go. Now, the style. If you have a style like Jeff Hardy, you're likely to retire young, or wrestle banged up all the time. Whereas, if you're style is a bit more calm then you can wrestle for years. Then comes the injuries. Injuries are the top reason to retire, and if you can avoid them, then you can have a very long and sucessful career.

So, there is not set time for a person to end their career. All careers are different, everyone takes different paths, everyone is different. So, it's not really possible to put a set amount of time on a person's career. You'd be surprised!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back