• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can we see another Stone Cold-Mr McMahon like fued in the future featuring Triple H?

CM Steel

A REAL American
During the Attitude/Austin era, we saw one of the greatest fueds in all wrestling history. With one of the two guys not even being a wrestler himself, but the chairman of the WWF/E Vince McMahon aka "Mr. McMahon". For six months straight Mr. McMahon tried to get the WWF championship off of "his" world champion in Stone Cold Steve Austin. Which was an entertaining fued between the two. Even when SCSA didn't have the WWF strap the fued would still through in the epic attitude era.

And with now in the next couple of years now, Vince McMahon's daugther Stephanie and his son-in-law Paul Levesque aka Triple H. Will be taking over the WWE as the new chairperson's in that wrestling era pretty soon. So with that being said. Will Triple H assume the on-screen role that his father-in-law Vince had? As a dictating chairman of a wrestling promotion? It will be in a storyline fashion of course. But who could Triple H put over as somebody who can play the Stone Cold Steve Austin role?

Triple H as a wrestler has had intense fueds with Randy Orton, John Cena, Chris Jericho, and the Big Show. But has only had matches with the new guys like CM Punk, the Miz, John Morrison, and Sheamus but once. While guys like R-Truth, Alex Riley, Dolph Ziggler, and Drew McIntyre never had the chance.

So when Stephanie & Paul McMa...I mean Levesque take over the WWE in the near future. Who will make the most of an oppertunity to be a rising star in the new WWE era? And who will be the thorn in Triple H's side that will make that impact??

CM Punk has faced Triple H in a Smackdown match that ended in a DQ so it hardly counts, while John Morrison never faced Triple H in a classic singles match, he was the first jobber in a gauntlet match against Triple H. I think it was a Tables-variation because Triple H put Morrison through a table to win.

As for Miz, he's NEVER faced Triple H, but I think any of them could work.

Preferably Punk because he has the Stone Cold vibe going on.

So what would you classify as "pretty soon" when you talk about HHH and Steph taking over? Sure they've been given more power in the last little while, but I have yet to hear or read about Vince stepping down from any reputable source.

As for your storyline idea, we've already had the "McMahon-Helmsley" regime back in the Attitude Era. Not saying it couldn't work again because there's lots of new fans and new Superstars that weren't around then, but if there was a war between Superstar and authority figure, you would have to bet that the Superstar would be the top dog i.e. John Cena. Not Punk, not Miz or Morrison etc. So I don't know how your idea would work.

I don't think they should turn HHH into an updated version of "Mr. McMahon". I think too many people will see it as an updated version of when everything in the WWE Universe revolved around him - a time when people got really sick of him.

HHH could do a program here and there and then leave again (like Shane McMahon used to), but for the good of the outfit, he should not be a regular player on the show anymore.

lol I agree Feedback. I just turn on my computer after Raw and was suprised this topic was started before Raw. Granted I don't think this was REALLY HHH taking over, although I didn't know VKM could fake cry.
The first time that Vinnie Mac "fake cried" was in the storylines back in early '02. When Ric Flair was half owner of the WWF/E. And Vince McMahon did a promo somewhere crying over the fact. Right before he announced that the New World Order (nWo) was being brought to the WWF/E to be the poison/cancer in Ric Flair's WWF/E.

No. McMahon was hated by the fans due to the Montreal Screwjob which was a real screwjob. Why the Austin feud worked is also mainly because McMahon was detested by all. Anyone who thinks the screwjob was not real is ******ed.

We have felt the consequences of such an event once, we can't feel it again and the WWE itself "mocks" the screwjob (like the referee called for the bell when Undertaker "did not" tap out to CM Punk and Vince asked the time-keeper to ring the bell when Punk did not tap out to cena), but that is all planned in the match. In reality, they can't afford to another screwjob now. So basically HHH will never do anything as bad as Vince did then, so he will never be as hated as McMahon was. In fact before the incident, McMahon was more of a commentator, but after this incident he became the evil boss. However, HHH has been a popular wrestler in the eyes of the fans for over 15 years now, and so they can't immediately start hating him because he's the boss even if he does something heelish.

Bottomline, you will never have an Austin-McMahon like feud with HHH.

I don't get the Stone Cold vibe from Punk. Austin was a rebel in that he blabbered vulgarity, flipped off his boss, and beat him up. Punk was/is a rebel in that he intelligently tore down the company from the top. Very very different characters.

No I do not think they'll go this route because they shouldn't (and probably won't) rehash the same old stuff. Plus most people on here would bitch that WWE isn't creative enough and would say that no superstar is talented today because they have to rip off the past.

Plus HHH is too respected for it to work. As the guy above said, Vince was hated because of the screwjob and ran with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back