Can THE FANS make the WWE authority angle to just stop?

mizowns

Pre-Show Stalwart
The fans are going mad on WWE. Do you think the fans can make this storyline just die? They are losing tons of money already, and the fans are going ballistic on WWE universe will probably even lose more money and fans.

People are obviously feed up with Triple H and his ego taking the spotlight for 30 minutes on every RAW, with the same segments, time after time...

People are so sick and tired, something must happen. They care about money so obviously losing fans, ratings and money on the network will make them listen.

1782170_751645781586303_7665597476454182211_n.jpg

Last night, the story being told was in all honesty, very sound, as it was the Authority's first night back...

What WWE failed badly in, was the Execution of said story, and they didn't bother to give any real anticipation looking forward besides the announcement of Seth Rollins in the title match at the Royal Rumble.

The babyfaces all being made to look like worthless chumps because "mom and dad" returned also kills the excitement I had for the show coming into last night.
The actual idea made sense, but the details,etc... made no sense and contributed towards and overall dull show with no redeeming factor,lMO.

You can get mad if you want to, but we, the fans, the casual fans, we LOVE the Authority storyline. It creates great heels and faces, and with HHH in the middle of his "Reality" era, it's being executed flawlessly. His job is to make you hate him, and he's done that. Callit X=Pac heat or whatever, I call it brilliant execution.

Most casual fans and some hardcore fans are very much into The Authority. As laodaron pointed out, it creates a lot of good heat for heels and can give fans a strong babyface to rally around. I like that Triple H and Stephanie are a couple of phony, condescending assholes who think of themselves as gods essentially because it makes them easy to dislike.

However, I do agree that the long promos are tiresome. I don't the need for them to come out at the start of nearly every episode of Raw for a 20 minute promo segment. I think they need to save the long promo segments for special occasions because it's getting old. They use the same formula of being condescendingly "nice" and "honorable" people while addressing the fans and whichever wrestlers they're targeting as if they're mentally handicapped 10 year olds. If they wanna keep up these long winded promos, they need to switch up the formula because it's really starting to sound like they're mostly just saying the same old things with the same old delivery each week.

You can get mad if you want to, but we, the fans, the casual fans, we LOVE the Authority storyline. It creates great heels and faces, and with HHH in the middle of his "Reality" era, it's being executed flawlessly. His job is to make you hate him, and he's done that. Callit X=Pac heat or whatever, I call it brilliant execution.

What brilliant execution was there? The whole show sucked last night, and this is coming from someone who actually enjoys the product more than most others. I had legit ancticipation of a great show given how 2014 ended, and they gave a poorly executed version of "the Authority's punishment of the Babyfaces", coupled with loads of filler that should have been kept off of the show, at least for last night.

The Authority got heat last night when the show started, but by the end, they were legit getting the "Get off my screen" type of heat, and that is never a good sign for a top heel. I still hope it can pick up in the coming weeks and the good guys will be allowed to "fire some shots" instead of being made to look like pure crap througout the night.

I'm torn, because I've felt the WWE lacked direction since the Authority was kicked out. The guest hosts, the General Manager, it just felt like the company wasn't sure what to do out of that. They keep saying "it's chaos", but nothing happened that wouldn't have already happened had the Authority still been around. I wanted to see total anarchy, where Bray Wyatt can emerge as a corrupter. But a las,

Im fine with the Authority coming back, especially as it does seem like they have a pretty big storyline brewing. But I feel it's too soon. In retrospect, Survivor Series seemed insignificant as it meant the Authority wasnt gone as much as it was just taking a break. Now granted, if they get the dream team of Cena, Ziggler, Bryan, Reigns, Ambrose (and Id say the Big Show if he didn't turn) to be the team who destroyed the Authority, I can potentially forgive it. There's a lot more star power and they all have vendettas against them.

I have to respectfully disagree with the notion that fans, whether they be hardcore or casual fans, are particularly into the whole Authority storyline. I do agree that the Authority storyline has produced great heels and by default, great faces to stand up and oppose them. The problem is, however, that is essentially the exact same thing, each and every week, and that's been the case for over four months running. And there's no reason to think that it is going to end anytime soon. I'm all for creation of heels and heel heat, however when it is the same thing each and every week for double digit numbers of weeks, it eventually goes beyond heel heat into the realm of change the channel because I'm sick of this bullshit heat.

Every week, RAW starts and ends with the Authority and their incessant promos. Every single match involving the main players results in the heels cheating to screw the faces out of their fair shake. You could have predicted last night's RAW results right to the finest detail, and this type of redundancy and predictability is causing me to tune out, and frankly, I don't think that's a good thing.

Does anyone believe that the three fired superstars are really gone? I'd probably believe it if I was 10. Maybe. Everyone knows exactly where this is headed, making RAW as must see TV anything but. Frankly, I'm a little discouraged as to where the road to Wrestlemania is going to lead us, if it's going to be the same old same old, week in and week out.

I find it tremendously discouraging to see it take months of Authority storylines just to get to the Survivor Series, only to have a return to the same old same old just weeks later. I get it, it's probably building up to Daniel Bryan versus the Authority, but I feel it's too big a price to pay for limited reward. It's producing heels? Triple H, Big Show, Kane, and a couple of former WWE superstars masquerading as security guards. Over and above Seth Rollins, hardly an infusion of new blood. These guys have long since been established as heels, so let's move forward. Let's get onto the Road to Wrestlemania with some fresh dynamic programming. Rather than reruns of September's RAW's, four months later.

I keep hearing the WWE apologists saying that the "casuals" are still digging the Authority storyline and that it is working. Please show me proof.

Here are the facts:

The Network is selling a fraction of the subscriptions that the company had expected to this point.

Live attendance is down domestically.

Television ratings are down, some weeks they're at record lows, still others they are the lowest that have been recorded in several years.

Live crowd reaction is increasingly apathetic.

All of those things point to a fanbase, of both hardcores and casuals, that are fed up with the creative direction of the product. The fact that ROH is at it biggest point ever as a company and independent wrestling in general is the healthiest its been in 10-15 years, and the fact that New Japan has more American eyes on Puro than at any point in history, and the fact that WWE's own developmental brand is thriving, show that its not the wrestling business itself that has dwindling interest. Its the WWE that has created dwindling interest in its own main roster product and forced pro wrestling fans to actively seek alternatives.

All of this is directly related to the Authority. The current creative direction is sabotaging the product and every measurable metric supports that conclusion.

WWE has become a Triple H/Stephanie vanity project and absolutely nothing more. And if fans tuning out from TV, and not ordering the network, and not coming out for live shows, and not showing any real passion when at shows, etc. hasn't been enough to make the WWE re-evaluate their creative decisions, then nothing the fans can do really matters.

Yes they can!! It's the same recycled garbage over and over and over. They keep trying to recreate the Austin/McMahon vibe but the HUGE difference is that EVERYBODY LOVED AUSTIN!!! Nobody gives a shit about John Cena and Daniel Bryan probably isn't going to be back until the Royal Rumble. They don't get heat. It took a good few moments before the people actually reacted to the "firing" of Ziggler, Ryback, and Rowan. All the posts I've read about people supporting The Authority are delusional. They like the storyline but are sick of the 20+ minute promos. That is NOT changing anytime soon. I never really got behind the notion that HHH has an ego problem but as MONTHS turn into YEARS it's painfully obvious. He's going to wrestle at Wrestlemania. He didn't even wrestle at Survivor Series when his JOB/CAREER/LIVELIHOOD was on the line. They don't need to be in every other segment when they could actually be building legitimate stars with legitimate storylines. Vickie Guerrero was AMAZING at her job. Her segments were 5 minutes at most, if that. She came out, got heat, announced a match, and that was it. She also didn't mind being the butt of a few jokes. Stephanie did alright with Vickie pushing her in the pool and getting arrested, but she got the last laugh. Vickie was fired, plus it was more of a thing for Eddie, and Nikki got the heel turn semi-joining The Authority. HHH has done nothing. He went out yelling in a blaze of glory saying we would beg for him to come back, which was false, and he gets to have his moment where "he was right". Seth Rollins looks like a chump who can't go on without The Authority. Don't get me wrong he's a great wrestler but you lose interest when he doesn't get REAL HEAT. Let him Curb Stomp Edge into the briefcase, put a few cinder blocks under Christian too while your at it. But instead who closes out the show you ask? The Authority full blown at the top of the ramp. What happened to having nothing to do with Raw? What are they just hanging out backstage? Then why weren't they on every show since Survivor Series. Why couldn't you show them backstage so a couple faces can rag on them a bit? They're not giving the faces any other kind of rub. Ziggler was getting good momentum, Ryback was getting a second chance with the fans, and now they're "fired" which means they're gonna miss a few weeks of TV. What are they gonna be the "surprise" entrants in the Rumble? Ambrose keeps losing which doesn't make him look like a lunatic, it makes him look like a dumb ass. Nobody cares about Rowan. Every time his music hits I think Ricky Steamboat is coming out.

But back to the topic at hand. If you want to get rid of The Authority HHH needs some ECW/Cena heat. Maybe some Bootista/Bluetista/Rey Mysterio #30 not Daniel Bryan heat. You gotta hit him where it counts right in the ego. Some "SAME OLD SHIT" chants. Even some of that "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" stuff. Dig a little deeper and throw in a little "SHAWN IS BETTER" and if he does wrestle Sting at 'Mania start some "WE WANT TAKER" chants. Don't forget the old faithful "YOU SUCK" chants either. But if you don't have the voice for it just bring a big sign that says "IF HHH WINS WE BOYCOTT".

Obviously it's X-Pac heat, which is being so horrible that they just want to get rid of you. Vickie Guerrero got REAL HEAT as an authority figure. The fans LOVED to hate her. She made them want to stick around just so they could boo her. The Authority makes me want to change the channel, EVERY TIME!!

This is exactly what I expected to happen when I heard the Authority was coming back. I HATE what their doing and its getting sickening by the week. I have officially STOPPED watching any WWE shows and I am also canceling my subscription to WWE Net. This is so biased by the heels that they can just run roughshot over the faces but its nothing that I didn't expect. WWE better make some huge changes and soon if they ever want me to come back and watch them. The WWE used to be the standard of all wrestling but just like the gas prices-their falling fast!!!

There's no storyline behind it and no creativity whatsoever at this point. The evil managerial figure or whatever the title is has been played out for years now. The Mr. McMahon character worked because it was different at the time. Over 15 years later we still have the evil boss character screwing people. There's very little genuine heat in the main event scene because every story line is the malicious boss figure pushing some and screwing others. The Heat between the gimmicks of two different characters isn't there anymore.

However, I do agree that the long promos are tiresome. I don't the need for them to come out at the start of nearly every episode of Raw for a 20 minute promo segment.

Consider it one of the last vestiges of the Attitude Era. HHH used to come out at the opening of every Raw and Smackdown and tell us how he was the Game and that damned good for about twenty minutes.

I think I am going to just stop watching RAW. I quit watching RAW for all of 2009 because it was constantly Cena/Orton and just a terrible show.

2011 wrestling was cool for a bit with CM Punk.

2014 was horrible and 2015 does not look any better. I legit don't even want to tune in next week. I don't even want to watch the Royal Rumble if Reigns is going over and I won't be buying wrestlemania if Reigns is the main event.

WWE spoiled us from 1997-2004 with the attitude era/ruthless aggression era. We had real wrestlers like Benoit, Angle, Eddie, Brock etc putting on 20+ minute classics every week on smackdown. Nowadays we have no one who can wrestle.

It is why the hardcore fan praises D-Bryan, Punk and Ziggler because they put on good matches that is almost as good as the stuff we got in 2004. I am sick of the current product with no one taking ANY bumps and people are just kicking/punching each other.

Eddie/Benoit/Angle in 2001-2004 used to do like 20+ bumps per match. Now we are lucky to see 4 or 5 bumps per match. Not cool. Wrestling is just terrible in WWE.

Like when was the last time someone did a "Body back drop" in the ring? I am sick of these dumb kicks every match with the wrestlers slapping their legs to make it sound better. Argh.

I like the authority and since they left,IMO the show did lack a sense of direction. It really was like a captain less ship. We all expected somewhat of a long promo,but if this does happen week in week out it will get old. Most fans love to rally around babyfaces,especially now that Trips and steph are way overstepping their powers.

No one likes a asshole,so rooting for Ziggler,the Big Guy,Rowan will be super easy to do. But the authority has produced some of the best heels we have seen in awhile.

The authority storyline had no business even temporarily ending at Survivor Series. This is a storyline that should end at WM! Always should have been like that. Their could be a match in where Cena vs Rollins,if Cena wins then the authority is fired,if rollins wins Cena is fired. I like the authority storyline, just not the long winded promos.

Like when was the last time someone did a "Body back drop" in the ring?

Last night. Ryback did it to Seth Rollins. :wtf:

It's pretty common for the fans to influence the product. I mean, if Rock never got a single reaction in WWE, would he have been as big as he was? Same goes for anyone. To influence something in a major way, the fans have to have strong reactions or lack thereof. If they don't give a crap about you, you're not going to be relevant. Want to make the authority go away? Stop reacting. It's the basic reasoning behind anyone's push or lack thereof.

Last night. Ryback did it to Seth Rollins. :wtf:

It's pretty common for the fans to influence the product. I mean, if Rock never got a single reaction in WWE, would he have been as big as he was? Same goes for anyone. To influence something in a major way, the fans have to have strong reactions or lack thereof. If they don't give a crap about you, you're not going to be relevant. Want to make the authority go away? Stop reacting. It's the basic reasoning behind anyone's push or lack thereof.

Sorry bro, but you are wrong. It does not matter what the fans want. Vince does the exact opposite of what fans want. He only pushes those he deems worthy. No one likes Shame-Us....yet WWE continues to push him despite fans hating him.

We all love Ziggler, but he was a jobber for the last 2 years until they finally gave him the IC title.

Any time ANY of the wrestlers start to get popular, Vince/WWE/Cena purposely buries them. Look at Cesaro for the perfect example.... He was super over with fans and we loved the Swing!!!....Then Vince says "NOPE" and buries him.

Like what sense does that make? Cesaro could have been the ultimate face, but WWE killed his momentum. They do this all the time. They purposely make sure no one is seen as better than Cena.

The truth is Vince is scared that anyone who gets as popular as Cena will run away to bigger/better things like UFC or Hollywood. Rock did it, Stone Cold did it, Batista, Brock, CM Punk, Jericho etc. That is why WWE won't push anyone but Cena because if they do, they will leave.

Of course not. WWE writers unable to find another way to built this HHH vs Sting match. That's why.

I also have no intent whatsoever to watch RAWs until Royal Rumble because of The Authority, if you don't want to see Authority's story all over again as much as me, vote with watching something else on monday night, if something interesting will happen, you always can see the replay on youtube or SmackDown.

The fans are going mad on WWE. Do you think the fans can make this storyline just die? They are losing tons of money already, and the fans are going ballistic on WWE universe will probably even lose more money and fans.

People are obviously feed up with Triple H and his ego taking the spotlight for 30 minutes on every RAW, with the same segments, time after time...

People are so sick and tired, something must happen. They care about money so obviously losing fans, ratings and money on the network will make them listen.

1782170_751645781586303_7665597476454182211_n.jpg

Yeah if fans stop attending RAW which I doubt will happen. Seems like no matter how bad the storyline, people will spend their hard earned money to attend RAW.

If fans want to make a statement, stop paying for tickets but until then WWE going to continue to do what they want.

I don't mind the Authority but it's become overkill as how it's used. HHH and Steph use a whole hour getting their face time instead of using it to get the wrestlers over and pull these ideas out of nowhere. I'm starting to think people aren't the sheep WWE thinks they are and I thought they were. WCW headed down the same road, do a halfassed angle and then abruptly change course and fans aren't suppose to notice. Adults will always be adults but kids won't always be kids.

I don't mind the Authority but it's become overkill as how it's used. HHH and Steph use a whole hour getting their face time instead of using it to get the wrestlers over and pull these ideas out of nowhere. I'm starting to think people aren't the sheep WWE thinks they are and I thought they were. WCW headed down the same road, do a halfassed angle and then abruptly change course and fans aren't suppose to notice. Adults will always be adults but kids won't always be kids.

I agree and I think HHH should adopt the policy of less is more. He has unlimited power, stable of top wrestlers and holds all the cards. We know this, he needs to give the air time to developing wrestlers instead of ramming it down our throats every week that he can do whatever he wants.

If he want to be the 'authority' he should stop acting like a schoolyard bully, it's a pathetic storyline and it's boring me. I should be "ohhh, I hate that HHH, grrr" and instead I am "not this shit again".

I thought a great angle would be Steph or HHH taking a face swerve like they learned they couldn't just push people around without consequence....but noooooo, the Helmsley's have to have their hour of TV face time each, and the show just isn't long enough to separate them.

christ sake this whole thing is bugging the life out me all this complaining everyone is doing look it simple see while fans are turning up to shows and giving reaction whether or not it's cheering or booing the authority NOTHING will change wwe is not here to make wwe fans happy by letting the cena's or ambrose's' reigns or the zigglers win week in week out it here to entertain us if wwe fans got there way every time it would be boring and worse than it is now. so if you have a problem with the product that much stop watching it or stop being whiny little bitches and enjoy the product. for that matter yes the the attitude era was better but until tna/gfw or roh or someone gets in to wcw position where and wwe feels a real threat we will NOT see a return of that time wcw pushed wwe to be better now there is no one who makes wwe worried so why risk it.

christ sake this whole thing is bugging the life out me all this complaining everyone is doing look it simple see while fans are turning up to shows and giving reaction whether or not it's cheering or booing the authority NOTHING will change wwe is not here to make wwe fans happy by letting the cena's or ambrose's' reigns or the zigglers win week in week out it here to entertain us if wwe fans got there way every time it would be boring and worse than it is now. so if you have a problem with the product that much stop watching it or stop being whiny little bitches and enjoy the product. for that matter yes the the attitude era was better but until tna/gfw or roh or someone gets in to wcw position where and wwe feels a real threat we will NOT see a return of that time wcw pushed wwe to be better now there is no one who makes wwe worried so why risk it.

You admit the product is poor, but we should shut up and like it? Are you HHH in disguise?

I'd like a show where I can't predict the outcome based on what and who the WWE is trying to sell at any given point.

You admit the product is poor, but we should shut up and like it? Are you HHH in disguise?

I'd like a show where I can't predict the outcome based on what and who the WWE is trying to sell at any given point.

And I want HHH and Steph to stay in charge because I truly appreciate the product more when things work like this. And I'm in the massive majority.

No one likes Shame-Us....yet WWE continues to push him despite fans hating him.

This is your opinion. Not fact.

We all love Ziggler

Same thing.

Any time ANY of the wrestlers start to get popular, Vince/WWE/Cena purposely buries them. Look at Cesaro for the perfect example.... He was super over with fans and we loved the Swing!!!....Then Vince says "NOPE" and buries him.

Like what sense does that make? Cesaro could have been the ultimate face, but WWE killed his momentum. They do this all the time. They purposely make sure no one is seen as better than Cena.

The truth is Vince is scared that anyone who gets as popular as Cena will run away to bigger/better things like UFC or Hollywood. Rock did it, Stone Cold did it, Batista, Brock, CM Punk, Jericho etc. That is why WWE won't push anyone but Cena because if they do, they will leave.

Your tinfoil hat is showing.

Cesaro was very over briefly, but there was no room for another main event face. That's why they tried to keep him over has a heel with Heyman. It failed miserably, but he would've never made it at that time as a face either. You had Bryan, Cena, Reigns, Ambrose and Ziggler. It was just poor timing, unless you want only faces in WWE. But I figure you're one of those people where everyone is better as a heel :rolleyes: Even in his first feud as a face (Real Americans) he'd have gotten destroyed on the mic by Zeb. If they'd have known ahead of time that both Bryan and Reigns were going to get injured then that would be a different story.

But I'm done with you. You're one of those who can't look past their own biases.

I'm sure WWE-friendly employees are in here sometimes to "quiet" down critics.

But a bad product, is a bad product.

They can't stop the peoples voice and feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back