• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bully Ray in WWE

HBsam31

Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
Just wanted to get some others opinion on this. About 8 or 9 years ago the Dudley boys were split up in WWE, and they tried their luck as singles stars. Devon and Bubba both flopped rather quickly. My question is if WWE signed Bully Ray tomorrow and pushed him with the same gimmick could he be a main event heel this time around. IMO there is not a better heel in the business right now save maybe Jericho when he is on. I tune into Impact wrestling mostly to see him, and again IMO he is doing the best stuff of his career now. He is definitely in the best shape of his career. So what do you guys think? Does Bully Ray have the stuff to be a main event heel in the WWE? Let me know what you think.

Definently he is probably all-round the most talented big-guy in the business today. He is excellent on the mic, good in the ring and just comes across as a legitimate tough-guy/monster.

We have still to see what he would be like as a champion and how he would cope with that but my instinct is that he would do well, he can draw heat like crazy and would get the fans rabid at the prospect of him dropping the belt. I think he would be a great addition to he main-event or at least upper mi-card roster.

I think after all the legal whatchimacallits over the dudley boys names etc, theres exteremely little chance he will ever be back! That being said, i cant see him getting by too well in the PG style... Or atleast he cant call people ****s anymore!! So long as he keeps them calfs though, he's got something the WWE would latch onto!!

WWE is NOT going to push a character called Bully Ray, in the same era as "B.A. STAR".

I realize that there are currently bullying heels in the WWE...Tensai, JL, Lesnar...etc, but not so much as anyone CALLED Bully Ray. And they aren't interested in bringing him in as Bubba Ray Dudley. People would be calling for the Dudley Boys to return. The biggest possibility is the Dudley's returning as a tag team and that's unlikely as well.

WWE is NOT going to push a character called Bully Ray, in the same era as "B.A. STAR".

I realize that there are currently bullying heels in the WWE...Tensai, JL, Lesnar...etc, but not so much as anyone CALLED Bully Ray. And they aren't interested in bringing him in as Bubba Ray Dudley. People would be calling for the Dudley Boys to return. The biggest possibility is the Dudley's returning as a tag team and that's unlikely as well.

You know that thought came into my mind as soon about a half hour after I posted. Having a guy named Bully would be counter productive to the B A Star campaign. They wouldn't necessarily need to call him bully, that is not the important part here. Bully Ray is not the most entertaining heel in the business right now because his name is bully. The guy is flat out entertaining, and Lesner is just as in your face as Ray is right now so I think they could make it work.

I don't think it'd be counter-productive to have Bully Ray, as Bully Ray, in WWE. The fact is he's a heel and, more often then not, he tries to bully the smaller guys but ends up getting his ass kicked. Even with the current Austin Aries storyline where he's trying to bully him, you know it's going to end up with Aries getting the win and putting "the bully" in his place. That's a great message to go with (bully's get nowhere) for the BA Star malarky.

Plus, Ray would be cracking back in WWE, bloody love his character.

The biggest problem is that the audience would definitely be wanting and expecting a Dudley Boyz reunion the entire time.

It is kind of like any time that Road Dogg and Billy Gunn tried to go single ... we all wanted to hear "Oh, you didn't know!?" more than we wanted to see these guys trudge out there alone.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE what Bubba is doing in TNA and think that he has completely revitalized his career, but I don't see any logical way it would play to the WWE audience due to so many of them not following TNA in the slightest.

I just don't think it would work in WWE. They'd tone it down too much to make it PG friendly. Plus he would be spending too much time getting punked out by SuperCena to really keep any heat.

I dont think Bully would succeed in WWE. He's doing just fine in TNA, but look at the roster.. abyss has been gone, sting's been in a non-wrestling role, hardy lost alot of momentum with his suspension, aj's push is no more, angle has been battling injuries, rvd was gone for a while...therefore bully got some extra camera time. Theres NO WAY he'd be able to compare to the likes of Orton, bryan, sheamus, punk, cena, lesnar... etc etc. Bully in wwe would be an opener.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back