• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BULLSHIT about Television

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
In the spirit of Murfish's BULLSHIT about Movies thread, we're here to talk about what we like on TV, what we want to get into on TV, and what we don't like on television!!

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to BULLSHIT threads.

LIKE WHATZ?!

I'm going over my Pushing Daisies Season 1 at the moment and am also going through Sopranos Season 4 for the first time ever. I wish they hadn't canned PD. Sure, the show was way too cute for some people to allow it to exist. But it had a unique look, sly wit, great leads who were perfect for their characters... and a whole scene devoted to Birdhouse in Your Soul!! What more could be asked? We've seen bright shows about death before, but nothing THIS sweet and sugary.

I only ever watch wrestling on TV.

I used to watch Pitchmen but then Billy Mays died :(

House is still the best show on TV.Chuck and Top gear are great though,and I like the life and times of tim.The mentalist is slowly becoming one of my faourites too.

Although I am sad scrubs just ended.:(

So, last season of Monk is starting up soon. Sad to see, because I love that show. It'll be exciting to see whether various things are cleared up and we get a happy ending.

There's some great non-scripted comedy shows.

Mock the Week is brilliant. QI is good too.
Whose Line Is It Anyway is an absolute classic. Though I think the US version is slightly better than the UK version.

House is still the best show on TV.
Not even close. I'm a huge fan of the show and have the first four seasons on DVD, but it hasn't been the best show on TV since season 2 (it's peak season). It's been downhill since then but still had some brilliant stuff. However, this last season almost killed the show for me. Awful stuff for the most part. Season 6 is going to have to be great to keep me watching.

As for Chuck, the first season was fun on a bun. However, only a couple episodes in the second season ('Chuck Versus the Seduction' being the only one that springs to mind) captured that same magic. Yet another show that will struggle to keep me come the fall.

Any 30 Rock fans here?

QI is good too.
YES. I've watched every episode in Series A through Series E on the nets because we don't get it over here. I'm totally gonna have to find Series F now.

8 out of 10 Cats is another one of those shows I enjoy. Big Jimmy Carr fan here.

YES. I've watched every episode in Series A through Series E on the nets because we don't get it over here. I'm totally gonna have to find Series F now.

8 out of 10 Cats is another one of those shows I enjoy. Big Jimmy Carr fan here.

Not Jimmy Carr! The guy is a tool.
He wears loads of make-up and just recites aload of corny one liners.

TM brought up How I met your mother,which I love,but it's not on anymore here,stupid 3e.
As for QI,I like it a bit more than Mock the week and 8 out of 10 cats.
Does anyone watch The sunday night project.It's hilarious.I love JLC.

I tried to get into 30 rock, but it never clicked in for me.
You aren't the only one, or so I hear. But I enjoy more than The Office most weeks. Michael is too much for me most weeks while everyone on 30 Rock gets it just right. Most notably, Alec Baldwin's deadpan is absolutely spot-on every time. He's a God.

I still havent watched the last few episodes of The Office from last season. just got bored of it.

Not Jimmy Carr! The guy is a tool.
He wears loads of make-up and just recites aload of corny one liners.
A lot of Mitch Hedberg's best was one liners, if I remember properly. Nothing wrong with such things where I come from. Carr tickles my funny bone right where it needs to be tickled, especially his stand-up.

I still havent watched the last few episodes of The Office from last season. just got bored of it.
Would it have killed them to get rid of Carell for real and keep Charles in there as the new boss? Those few episodes with him really breathed some fresh life into the series.

A lot of Mitch Hedberg's best was one liners, if I remember properly. Nothing wrong with such things where I come from. Carr tickles my funny bone right where it needs to be tickled, especially his stand-up.

I didn't say anything was wrong with one liners.
But corny one liners, like the ones he comes up with. I've never laughed once while watching him. Even Lee Evans has better one liners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back