BT! King of the Ring 2013

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I have an idea, and it's going to be awesome. As the title suggests, a Book This! community King of the Ring pay-per-view. I know there are some trying to get this section back to its former glory, and while I can't contribute on any consistent level, this would be an awesome one time or annual event that could bring in some traffic and get people back into it.

Here's the concept:

-8 or 16 BT writers are chosen, depending on how many people want to participate. Ideally the later.

-All submissions would be sent in to a moderator, and posted anonymously as to not sway the voting, or spoil the finish.

-Each person picks their two wrestlers and writes out the first round, including who goes over.

-There is a period where people vote on which match they loved the most from the first round. Either four or eight people then advance.

-The person who advances to the next round gets to choose between his remaining wrestler, and the wrestler he is up against from the last round. He then decides who is going over, and books the finish.

-There is another period of voting, and again the people vote - anonymously, of course - on which match they enjoyed the most.

-This continues until we are left with our winner, who then gets to book the final match, its finish, and is revealed to the public and declared the BT! King of the Ring 2013. We shower them with rep, throw him a big party, treat him with golden showers, and....wait. Scratch that last thing.

So...what do you think?

I can get behind on a concept like this. Most likely 8 would be the total used as I can't think of 16 guys committed to the section. Hell 8 might be tough in its own right. I'd definitely be interested though.

Well we have eight, assuming everyone that has commented can commit to writing at least one match. Somebody do some advertising in the spam section and see if we can't get another eight people to write out at least a first-round match. Message anybody that used to write BT threads and has been gone for a bit. I dont' really know the section well enough to be in charge of that.

I'd be happy to commit if anybody pulls out, but I think it would be more interesting if you got a random pairing of wrestlers, shows a more diverse style of writing!

If someone could just post in the spam section that something like this is going on, that'd be great. I'm not too great at advertisement so yeah. Also, I would suggest that we don't have a voting period, that would take too long. Instead, have one person decide. A person who is unbiased, maybe try asking someone from WZCW that's from creative. Or I think I could even do it but that would mean that I can't participate.

I'd be up for judging if you'll have me. Don't think I'll have enough time to write any matches.

I think we should really just stick with the 8 that we have simply because, we have 8 and finding another 8 is going to be damn difficult without finding people that are just here to make up numbers.

This basically is another tournament huh? Lol. But anyway, Peep would be a good choice as a judge imo. I say we set this to action already. Have everyone PM'd saying that we'll be starting this and we're good to go.

I'll join if you need another person. If it's full then I can be a back up if anyone no shows or backs out.

In case it wasn't already obvious i'd love to do this. I consider match writing what i'm best at so I think i'd have a real shot at winning the whole thing.

So yeah count me in if you didn't already.

Also I think Peep is a good choice to judge things. He did have a damn good thread.

Looks good. I can't commit to it but will help in any way I can if you need me to.

I'm in for sure, but I think we need a little more clarification on how this works exactly. And is anyone opposed to having Peep judge?

There's 11 people who want to do this. I was thinking, unless 3 want to drop out, maybe we can have 5 first round matches, with one being a 3-way. Whoever puts on the best first round match gets control of the two "worst entries" winners. This is kind of confusing. I thought maybe I can just be in control of it just to ease some of the confusion. Or we can find 5 more people and it'll be a whole hell of a lot more simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back