King of the Ring 2012

bigron570

Dark Match Winner
King of the Ring 2012 With the promotion of the new WWE DVD Best of the King of the Ring I started to think of what would be great bracket now for 2012 King of the Ring?

Here is my card for the King of the Ring which would occur over two week period like the years Starts on RAW and Smackdown and will end the next week on RAW

Jack Swagger vs Zack Ryder
Alberto Del Rio vs Santino Marella
Dolph Ziggler vs Kofi Kingston
The Miz vs John Cena

Advancing to next Raw Zack Ryder Alberto Del Rio Dolph Ziggler and John Cena

Randy Orton vs Hunico
Wade Barrett vs Justin Gabriel
Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase
Jinder Mahal vs Sheamus
Advancing to RAW Sheamus Wade Barrett Cody Rhodes and Randy Orton

Quarterfinals
Zack Ryder vs Cody Rhodes
John Cena vs Wade Barrett
Randy Orton vs Dolph Ziggler
Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio
Semi-Finals
Dolph Ziggler vs John Cena
Alberto Del Rio vs Zack Ryder

Dolph Ziggler vs Alberto Del Rio would be great finals to see I feel but I got

Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder in King of the Ring Finals with Dolph Ziggler winning and being your 2012 King of the Ring.

What would your bracket be? or What would you like to see for King of the Ring 2012?

If WWE were to have another King of the Ring tournament, names like John Cena, Randy Orton etc won't be included.

They would use to it to get the guys that are on the fringes of Main Event-Midcard status (Sheamus, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes etc)

It probably wouldn't last longer than one night, most likely taking place on Raw. A realistic bracket would look like this

Sheamus
Cody Rhodes

Dolph Ziggler
Zack Ryder

Jack Swagger
Kofi Kingston

Wade Barrett
Mason Ryan

I can actually picture Dolph Ziggler being the King of the Ring and having a King Ziggler gimmick for about 1-2 months.. Actually, NO! If the King of the Ring tournament would happen, Ziggler should win it and not go ahead and follow the footsteps of King Booker and King Sheamus.. Just be PERFECTION

I'd actually love to see another King of the Ring take place. I was actually at the one in Philly that Sheamus won and it was a fun event. While the Sheamus booking didn't work out in the end the event is still good at elevating the talent and potentially make them a world title contender. I'd propose even giving the KOTR winner a championship match at Summerslam, which I think they use to do in the past. WWE certainly has the talent right now and has the guys on the fringe that could use the elevation. And one of the best things is that feuds can stem from KOTR battles. Looking at the roster I see a handful of guys that could win this and could contend for the crown. Guys like Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, and Dolph Ziggler immediately came to mind. KOTR to me works better for heels and I could see either of those three guys carrying the prestige of the KOTR name. It would also catapult them into the main event scene and we know we want to see Cody, Dolph, or Barrett in the hunt for the world title as those guys can steal the show every night.

I have to agree with others. Orton and Cena really have no business in the KOR Tournament. It used to always be a stepping stone to the next level. Brett, Stonecole, HHH, Lesnar all used it as a stepping stone to the main event.

I like you idea though of not just having it in one night like they have recently. I would separate to the finals where the Raw Winner and Smackdown winner would advance to the finals.

My Bracket would be:

Raw:

Ryder vs Swagger
Kofi vs Drew McIntyre
Santino vs Mason Ryan
Evan Bourne vs Dolph Ziggler
Winners: Ryder / McIntyre / Mason / Dolph

Smackdown:
Ezekiel Jackson vs Heath Slater
Cody Rhodes vs Justin Gabriel
Sin Cara vs Hunico
Ted Dibiase vs Jindar Mahal
Winners: Zeke, Cody, Sin Cara, and Dibiase

Next Raw:
Ryder vs McIntyre
Mason Ryan vs Dolph Ziggler
Winners: Ryder & Zigger

Next Smackdown:
Zeke vs Cody
Sin Cara vs Ted
Winners: Cody and Sin Cara

Next Raw: Ziggler b Ryder
next Smackdown: Cody b Sin Cara

PPV Match: Ziggler vs Cody (heel vs heel) these guys had good chemistry a few weeks back. I think Ziggler would win as it fits more into his gimmick but really it'd work either way.

100% agree Cena , Ortan even punk shouldn't be included in KOR. I would have.
Raw

Ryder vs Swagger
Kofi vs Miz
Mason Ryan vs Ziggler
Kane vs Alex Riley
Winners = Ryder , Miz , Ziggler , Kane

Smackdown

Rhodes vs Zek
Barrett vs DeBiase
Sheamus vs Henry
Big Show vs Drew
Winners = Rhodes , Barrett , Big Show , Sheamus

Next Raw

Ziggler vs Kane
Miz vs Ryder
Winners = Ziggler , Ryder

Next Smackdown

Big show vs Rhodes
Barrett vs Sheamus
Winners = Sheamus , Rhodes

Next Raw

Ziggler vs Ryder
Winner= Ryder

Next Smackdown

Rhodes vs Sheamus
Winner = Rhodes

PPV

Rhodes vs Ryder
Winner and KOR = Rhodes.

RAW
Ziggler vs Kofi
The Miz vs Alex Riley
R-Truth vs David Otunga
Zack Ryder vs Jack Swagger

Winners
Ziggler, Miz, Truth and Ryder.

SMACKDOWN
Big Zeke vs Cody Rhodes
Drew McIntyre vs Brodus Clay
Tyson Kidd vs Hunico
Ted Dibiase vs Wade Barrett

Winners
Rhodes, Clay, Kidd and Barrett

Next RAW
Ziggler vs R-Truth
The Miz vs Zack Ryder

Winners
R-truth and The Miz

Next Smackdown
Barrett vs Kidd
Cody Rhodes vs Brodus Clay

Winners
Barrett and Rhodes

PPV
Match 1 - R-Truth defeats The Miz in the opening match.

Match 2 - Wade Barrett defeats Cody Rhodes

Final - Wade Barrett vs R-Truth
Winner and KOTR 2012 - Wade Barrett.

I think the King Of The Ring should be exactly that, the King Of The Ring. I think Cena and Orton should be included in the Tournament. I’d like to see one of them get eliminated early with maybe a double disqualification of some sort, maybe with outside interference. Then I’d like to see the other one in the finals only to lose to the up and coming SuperStar to really give the Crown some meaning. My Tournament would look like this.

Quarter-Finals
Jack Swagger vs. Epico
Cody Rhodes vs. Primo
Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
CM Punk vs. John Cena

Semi-Finals
Daniel Bryan vs. Cody Rhodes
CM Punk vs. Jack Swagger

Finals
Cody Rhodes vs. Jack Swagger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online