• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brighter Future: MVP or Mr. Kennedy?

Brighter Future: MVP or Mr. Kennedy?

• MVP-Montel Vontavious Porter

• Mr. Kennedy

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Now I want to start this off by saying that MVP has been really impression me here lately. His matches with Chris Benoit have been great and for me it showing what could be a bright future for MVP.

MVP ever since his debut has been increasingly getting better each time and I think his feud with Kane though as horrible a some of those matches were I saw what looked to be the upcoming of a break out star. I know MVP is still improving and I know that is a good sign as I still don’t think he has reached his full potential as a wrestler. With what he has showed me against Benoit leads me to believe that MVP is the next bright future star of the WWE.

I also like his gimmick call crazy if say so but I think it suits him well. Though if he could on his mic skills some and put just a little bit more effort in his promos he can be a top 10 main eventer in the WWE. So what I’m trying to say is MVP is the next big star we have coming if he keeps doing what he has been doing and doesn’t grow an ego he will be there.

So do any of you feel MVP is the next star on our hands or he looking good thanks to good work by other wretlser like a Chris Benoit?

i gotta agree with you,mvp has been improving every match and i like his gimmick,his match with benoit at mania was one of my favourites and so was the one at backlash,he has a cool entrance and if he keeps improving i would love to see him with the world title around his waist !

Over the last few months Smackdown has seen two superstar really rise above the rest of teh talent there. Those two being Montel Vontavious Porter and Mr. Kenendy. It got me to thinking as both of these men are older than the other younger stars WWE has been developing but they are the ones that are getting the pushed that they deserve.

MVP for example is 33 years old and that quite older than most that begin to get pushed in their careers looking the WWE today. But ever since his debut upon the Smackdown scene he has showed that he can improve and work decent matches. Which has really come true when looking at his matches with Beniot. Now MVP I feel in on the right path but is probably another year behind in the curve before he is a main eventer and challenge for World title. You have to like the upside on a guy like MVP as he has ok height at 6'2 and a good moveset thought he could probably need a better finished and work on his mic skils but other that he has nothing but upside. All MVP needs is the right feuds and he will mature well in a star.

Mr. Kennedy for example now is 31 years old so he’s not that young either. Though Kennedy has show over the last year or so that he has been working on his game and has become quite a ring master in the ring. Granted he does still need to work on his wrestling skills but you have to admit that he is getting to that main event level especially with WWE giving him the money in the bank win at Wrestlemania 23. Promos please this man is a genius when it comes to promos as he can draw heel heat and face pops. He has gotten one very important key part down that being the mic skills. Now if he continues to improve his in ring skills with the right people we will see Mr. Kennedy be the world champion by the end of this year.

In looking at the two right now you have to pick Kennedy just for the fact that he is the one getting the push right now and MVP is beginning the steps to move to that level. But my main question is when its all said and done baring injuries who will have the brighter future MVP or Kennedy?

I go Kennedy as got the mic skills and can pull of a decent match in the ring plus much more upside.

Shit both of these dudes are fine, its not about their 'wrestling' skills, Kennedy is the best on the mic in WWE right now and very over with the fans, it's all about the booking right now, give them some interesting storylines and the sky is the limit for both of them. MVP and Benoit have had a nice little program but there's not much more that can be done with that...give them something interesting, they'll get the momentum, and in time they should be battling for the World Title.

Both have been succesful thus far but there is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Kennedy will get over more. The only problem with him is he is getting babyface pops a little too often. IMO, by next year at Wrestlemania which he announced tonight on RAW will be the date he challenges for his World Title shot they should turn him face and have him win the title. If there were plans to push MVP harder they would of made him win the MITB ladder match instead of him loosing to Chris Benoit. Notice I didnt say job because Chris Benoit is superior but MVP is still good. Mr. Kennedy should just go in more feuds instead of waiting around a bit and making short appearances about his MITB shot. Buld him up more. Give MVP the US Title and bump Chris Benoit back up to main event status. The US title can get some attention on him. But either way I think Mr. Kennedy is getting the better push and will be pushed better.

i'm gonna give mvp some credit, as reported on this site, he was getting praised for watching old wrestling tapes with kennedy and a few others. wwe internally should look at the guys that do these little extra things and promote them, maybe others in the back will follow. i never figured mvp would be into the biz like that, but its good to hear.

both have potential to be good heels, although i think mvp needs a wardrobe change(power ranger look-a-like)

its good to see him and kennedy and others watching old school wrestling tapes, to improve there own in ring ability and longevity.

hopefully, he can keep his head on straight.

I might be a little biased as i liked MVP from the beginign and dont get me wrong i like Mr. Money int he bank to but in my opinion MVP has a bigger upside. To me MVP has better mic skills, like whens the last time MVP made you laugh or make you interested in one of his matches. that would be the last time he spoke on the mic, now kennedy has amazing mic skillz dont get me wrong but with MVP's gimmick and personality i think there is greater potenial to trash talk, ala the rock. that given his wrestly abilty makes me think MVP will be a main eventer for years to come

I have been saying this for a while now but baring injury or errogence (although that doesnt seem to matter in batistas case) MVP will be the future of the WWE, his mic skills are not the best ever, but he makes you laugh and makes you interested none the less. i was really dissapointed he lost the match at backlash i really want him to have a strap, it would increase his populatiry a ton and make the WWE a lot of money. also it would enable benoit to move into the main event status. here is to Benoit undertaker fued.

I think the Doc said it all. Both these guys are gonna be at the top of the card in the near future. Both MVP and Kennedy still have youth, but have both put their time in in the devlopmental ranks. MVP is arguably the better ring technician of the two IMO, but Kennedy has the mic skills hands-down. And it looks like Kennedy may be being pushed up to the top a little sooner than expected with the Taker injury. And it's not helping MVP's perception among the fans that he keeps getting jobbed to by locals every week, but hopefully his feud with Benoit will catapult him to that next level. So...to sum it up...both these guys have bright futures with the company. Lets just hope they stay healthy and keep their heads on straight.

Both of these guys have tremondous upside. The big thing is, if they both stay on Smackdown and are allowed to grow. This is what has killed Carlito. If both of these guys aren't pushed to soon, you have your future of WWE right here.

The problem with MVP is his gimmick, or his costume I guess. The gear has to go before people really take him seriously. But the mans stock has been rising through the roof the last couple of months. If he is doing the little things in the back and studying and asking questions, MVP will be a main eventer.

Kennedy is the future though. The man has amazing mic skills, by far the best of the young guns in the WWE. Kennedy is going to be the guy that takes the title off of John Cena. Kennedy is just amazing for being so youjng. The fear I have is that they put it on him too soon. I hope that they actually wait until WM24 to put the strap on him, but I doubt it.

I'd have to go with kennedy if i had to pick one over the other because hes got that harsh don't give a **** attitude that i love seeing when im watching wrestling, and he is really commited to wrestling somethin i find you dont get that much anymore, plus he got the look, the mic skills, and the in ring talent , hes someone i could see being in the attitude era , it seems he would of fit rite in when that era was happeing, unlike many of the guys in the wwe right now, and thats what i think the wwe needs rite now is to bring a little bit of the attitude era back and i think they can with kennedy.

Isn't in Kennedy's league???? Have you SEEN the matches he's put on with Benoit???? He's showed that he can back it up in the ring. Granted, Kennedy has more charisma right now than MVP, but in a few years, expect MVP at the top of the food chain along with Kennedy. As of right now, Kennedy is the next big thing, and I can see him cashing in the title shot and taking it next week. If/when Shawn Michaels moves to Smackdown, expect to see some interesting feuds happen...

I think both have great potential. Right now, I think Kennedy is more polished than MVP and that is why he is getting the main event push, but I can def. see MVP as a headliner. I can see a great fued between the two of them over the next few years.

I think MVP is the future of Smackdown he got some excellent mic skills and can wrestle toe to toe with guys like Chris Benoit who is the greatest Technical Wrestler in the WWE Roster today. I hope MVP will take that Power Ranger Costume off and all i can see he will headline Wrestlemania someday. MVP's latest matches are both good in my eyes especially his Backslash rematch with Chris Benoit. I am still rooting that MVP will defeat Benoit to win his 1st WWE US title.

I think MVP has the brighter future. Don't get me wrong Mr Kennedy is really good, but for some reason i can see him been in trouble alot backstage a la randy orton.

both of these guys will be main eventers in the future, but right now mvp is putting on great matches and is having a great fued with mvp, but kennedy hasnt had a fued since he one mitb and now he is injured

These two men are the biggest breath of fresh air for Smackdown. I would not like to see either of them move to RAW though. They would be lost in the shuffle and i believe they fit perfect on Smackdown.

MVP has shown a lot of drive and talent since his debut. I am very impressed with him so far and i hope he takes the US title soon cause he has been working hard. Of course i hope to see him in the World Heavyweight title picture, but not for a year or so.

Kennedy is practically flawless. He has the charisma, the drive, the natural talent. He can draw heat as a heel and that is what we want. The only thing i want to see from Kennedy is a new, distict finisher. The man looks strange doing the Kenton Bomb! I like his Green Bay Plunge, but he needs an out-of-nowhere type finisher, like the Rock Bottom. That will make his finishes more entertaining.

As long as they don't screw their lives up, or get in too much trouble backstage, these two are the future of the WWE.

I think both have really bright futures. Kennedy will be an impact player to behold in the coming years. I know I will get a lot of flack for this and I hate to compare but if the WWE does it right Kennedy and Mvp could be the Stone Cold and The Rock of the new age. They both have so much potential it isnt funny. MVP has a ton of wrestling ability as does Kennedy. Personally I think the Sky is the limit for both superstars

i was just about to say wat the guy above me said, mvp and kennedy can be the stone cold and the rock of the future they can bring back good fueds and good wrestling matches for the wwe in the future

Having good matches with Chris Benoit show how bright MVP's future is.My friends all said mvp isn't going anywhere with the way he wrestles.But at Wrestlemania........26,he will be the best technical wrestler in the WWE,if WWE can even last that long until then.

Definitely Kennedy!He have better wrestling and mic skills and imo he can be the new Stone Cold Steve Austin.He is the best heel on smackdown.I hope he will wrestle again soon!

This one's a little too close to call, but here's one thing to consider. MVP is coming into his own with a large dose of help from Chris Benoit. Unfortunately, Chris and a lot of the traditional technical wrestlers aren't going to be around forever. I haven't seen a whole lot of MVP other than with Benoit, since I've just recently got back into WWE, so I am admittedly am a little undereducated on the subject. But Kennedy was able to put on decent matches with big clumsy Batista. If MVP's going to work the main event, he's going to have to work with whatever unskilled big men that Vince throws at him in the future. To me, Kennedy has shown some promise in that area, which seems to give him a bit of an edge. Still, it's a minor point as MVP still has some time to develop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back