• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bret Hart's Latest Rant: Rips Hogan & Bischoff

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Over the past month or two, it seems as though Bret Hart has, in some ways, become another jaded, bitter former wrestler. Like so many others, Bret has taken to the internet and spoken to anyone that's willing to talk to him about his various gripes & complaints.

A little while back, Bret Hart ripped into Triple H and basically dogged the guy for just about everything he's done or accomplished. Now, he's turned his attention to TNA, specifically at Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. He doesn't really rip into TNA a whole lot, though he did refer to it as "bush league" at one point, mostly just Hogan & Bischoff. He speaks briefly on Vince Russo but the focus of the shoot interview are Hogan & Bischoff.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-hart-rips-useless-hogan-and-bischoff-in-tna/

That link features part of a clip of an interview Hart gave to Wrestle Talk TV. As with his comments toward Triple H, you have to wonder how much of what Hart is saying is fueled by personal dislike of the people rather than 100% fact. Although, there's hardly any such thing as 100% fact in pro wrestling.

Among the comments I found the most interesting was when Bret Hart referred to Hogan as someone who only knew how to make Hulk Hogan. He says that he wouldn't know how to "make" guys like AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. Some will, no doubt, vehemently refute Bret Hart's statement while some will hail it as the gospel truth.

Another thing I thought was interesting was he said that, in his opinion, AJ Styles was "spinning his tires" in TNA and that he thought he should go to WWE. Hart put over Styles as one of the top guys in wrestling and stated that he felt that Styles would never really be "the star that he is" if he stayed in TNA.

As for his comments, I agree with some of the stuff he said. I still firmly believe that Hogan & Bischoff have generally brought nothing of great worth to TNA. I've seen nothing come from them that couldn't come from someone else, and probably for much cheaper. I know some will point out TNA going live and now about to go on the road full time but it's not as if Hogan & Bischoff waved a magic wand and made it happen. If they'd substantially increased TNA's audience, that would be a different story. It was just a matter of time before TNA did go live or went out on the road with or without them. At the end of the day, no matter how much Hogan marks might hate it, the numbers do matter. Pro wrestling is a business and TNA is in the business of pro wrestling, so yes, numbers do matter. I don't know about all that "useless" talk he went on about. Hogan & Bischoff do have name recognition and that always counts for something no matter what.

When it comes to AJ Styles, I agree wholeheartedly. Not with the "bush league" stuff, but everything else. I'm not saying that Styles would be a major star in WWE, there's no guarantee of that no matter what company a wrestler works for, but I do agree with the notion that Styles has been spinning his wheels in TNA for a long time. He's done everything that there is to do at this point in time. I'm a little intrigued as to what they're doing with Styles in this current angle, so maybe that will turn things around for him. If Styles wants a chance of being as big of a star as he could be, then he can't stay in TNA. I do think that Bret Hart overlooked one very important thing though: the happiness factor. AJ Styles might be perfectly happy in TNA doing what he's doing. That counts for a LOT, more than most people seem to think. Styles is making a comfortable living and might be extremely happy working for TNA.

Bret has resented Hogan for years, ever since Hogan defeated Yoko at WrestleMania after Hart lost. He details how Hogan was selfish and didn't want to put him over in his book, he speaks about how Hogan never welcomed him to WCW, he just doesn't like Hogan, all these things have been said before so its nothing new.

Hes also gone on record as saying Bischoff is a horrible booker - you can't really dispute it, considering his rating gaining tactics were almost all underhanded and asides the new World order and a couple other gems he did very little angle wise to draw fans into the WCW product, but Hart mostly dislikes him for the way he was booked upon arriving in WCW, which is reasonable because they had a perfect avenue to rip into the competition but didn't take it, Hart's momentum dropping in the process.

None of this stuff is new, its all been said before. Wrestle Talk TV is awesome though, just got to say that, not only do they provide a decently interesting wrestling show but they can be quite funny at times and they follow some of the best up and coming British wrestlers going, which is a recovering scene.

First off, while you (or anyone else) sits from your high horse ripping Hart here for being "jaded", understand he has ever reason to feel that way. Every reason in the world. The man had his wrestling career robbed from him twice — once in Montréal (which nearly took his legacy with it), and again when Goldberg kicked him in the head, effectively ending his career. When you have anything comparable in your life to offer up, you'll have the right to question his motives. Until then, you're a spectator in his life, same as the rest of us, and your opinion on his choices pre, during and post-wrestling are about as valuable as the guy who delivers his mail.

I said before when this Hart thing first came up, when he slagged on Triple H, that I sided with Bret, and I still do. I said then, and I'll say now before the term comes up again, I find it hilariously inappropriate to throw the term "ego" around with Bret, like Triple H (or Hogan, or Bischoff, or Michaels, or anyone else in the business), of all people, is/are the picture of humility.

That said, I understand Bret's approach here. In a lot of ways he's not wrong. AJ Styles would be a bigger household name in WWE. AJ Styles would get the "break" he deserves there, and he would make a ton more money while wrestling in front of a much larger audience, but—and this is a big but—he would also sacrifice his integrity to do so, same as Hart himself did in repeatedly turning down offers from WCW where he also could have gone to the bigger company, and made more money, and increased his legacy. Instead, he chose to remain with the then number two company as well (though I'll refrain from referring to them as bushleague), and probably suffered for it, so I do have to question where this vitriol is coming from. Is he truly upset that AJ is choosing to build a career for himself as a company man (much like Bret), or is this a bit of introspective going on? I certainly don't claim to have the answers, but I find it hard to take on face value alone.

When Bret said what he said about trips i didnt agree with him. At the same time,i dont view him as jaded,bitter,or pissed. He absolutely have every right to feel what he feels,that man has been literally screwed over so many times its not funny. We all know what happened in montreal,bret after that horrible screwjob was never the same.

IMO bret hart the bret we all know and love that night the legacy might as well have died. Sure he went to WCW to try to revive his career but goldberg legitimately kicked him in the head. But this topic bret is absolutely correct. Hogan and Bischoff for the price there being paid have brought zero to TNA.

Really what have they done? Nothing. Thats what they have done zero. AJ styles though, if he was in the WWE would be left in the middle of the pack, he wouldnt be the star that he is today. TNA was gonna go on the road full-time whether Hogan or Bisch were there or not. TNA i hope becomes the company that it should be become. Hogan and Eazy E are names that are recognized with pro wrestling no doubt. But they have brought as much to TNA as you and I

I agree with Hart for the most part here. I've never been high on Bischoff or Hogan in TNA and I haven't seen them bring any real change and I certainly haven't noticed any spike in ratings or buyrates so from that aspect they've done nothing.

With AJ Styles in WWE I think there's something to that. To be fair what more in TNA can AJ do? He's been the top heel, top face, won everything TNA has ever had and he really can't do anymore. If he ever wants to grow and go higher up in wrestling he has to jump ship but maybe he's content with his career. I understand if AJ is worried he won't get pushed but from what I've seen that will be on him. If AJ gets a reaction he will get used. I also think AJ would be a nice fresh face to see in WWE and there's a lot of people he could have a good program and match with.

Didn't agree with his Triple H comments but I agree with these ones.

This was part of the same interview where he trashed Triple H, Bret's dislike of Hogan stems all the way back to Summerslam 93 where Hogan was supposed to put Bret over but actually left before the event took place and instead dropped the belt to Yoko at KOTR. That robbed him of that big passing of the torch moment and then in WCW he got screwed by Hogan and Bischoff when the proposed feud with him and Hogan never took place and they sat the hottest name in wrestling (bar Austin) at the time, on the bench while paying him huge money.

So his reasons for disliking both are perfectly valid and as for how much they have done for TNA? I guess that is arguable without being on the inside, I personally enjoy Hogan in the GM role but I don't think it's vital to TNA.

Bischoff was a shock tactics booker, same as Russo, he had his moments but often had issues following through on angles. He will forever be the man behind one of the greatest angles ever though and it can't have been easy being the boss of a bunch of politicians on guaranteed contracts trying to do as little as possible, so the notion he had no clue what to do when the NWO ran out of gas is debatable, since he didn't have the freedom a booker needs to revitalize the promotion by making new stars.

As far as AJ goes he is right if the idea is to get the very most out of your career which was Bret's goal. I mean he didn't go to WCW back in the day but it's different as he leveraged Vince for huge money and in truth WCW was only on top for about 18 months, it was perfectly reasonable that Bret stayed thinking Vince would turn things around and get them back on top where they had been for the prior ten years he'd been there.

The gap between TNA and WWE is much larger both financially and as far as status goes, however I have always got the impression that it was his family life that has shaped AJ's choice to stay with TNA and at this point the schedule is important for his body given the style he has wrestled for the last 10 years.

Whether his statements are correct or not, I wonder why he's choosing to issue them at this point in time.

When "hell froze over" and he got back on good terms with WWE, I figured this kind of stuff was over with. He made multiple appearances on WWE TV and let it known he liked how he had been treated and looked forward to more in the future.

Great! So what happened? If he's spewing all this stuff in an effort to be controversial, I ask: to what end? What could it serve to diss the profession that made him famous? I thought he had settled into the role of elder statesman, but that function usually has positive connotations, not negative.

Heaven knows we were well aware of his bad feelings toward WWE all those years, so it seemed strange to have him go on the attack again after the wounds had apparently been healed. Now, it's TNA he's mouthing off about. What for?

Before we start hearing from members of this forum who stress passionately that the man has a right to say whatever he wants......yes, we already know that. I'd just like to know what set the man off.

Isn't it ironic that when WWE finally breaks the long-standing cold war with Bruno Sammartino, Bret Hart suddenly starts spouting off? The WWE kingdom will never be one of peace, will it?

Bret was asked a question and he answered it. Why do WZ have to sensationalise everything? If he took to Twitter of Facebook unprovoked and said all this then that is indeed a rant!!! This wasn't - it was a calm, honest answer.

He is indeed correct on all fronts. WWE made Hogan a star, not he is pretty much irrelevant as his tenure in TNA has proven. Biscoff was good 15 years ago in WCW for a couple of years and AJ Styles, like Sting, needs to wrestle in the big league.

I think Bret Hart has always been vocal about everything more or less since his retirement. It's really just the same old stories, including the Triple H story which was most likely further elaborated on in recent memory. Bret had hostility towards Triple H (and Shawn Michaels) in the past when he was still working for the WWE. Bret Hart is right about a lot of the things he says and you can tell that his stories really don't change because his mind doesn't change. I like that much more than certain wrestlers who constantly change their views, depending on the positives. Bret Hart will always be honest with his feelings. He never liked Hulk Hogan and has criticized Hulk Hogan as a wrestler multiple times before. The same goes for Eric Bischoff. They do come off as super egotistical jack-off's that shouldn't be worth shit today. I like what he said about AJ Styles and the fact that he acknowledges AJ's skills. AJ Styles accomplished everything in TNA and I don't believe that TNA really treated him as the top tier star that he was/is. He always somehow got taken down a notch in favour of the former WWE wrestlers. Bret Hart is a firm believer that the WWE is the top of the mountain and that other feds just don't compare. As a wrestler, if you haven't made it to the WWE, you really haven't done it all. That's just my opinion. AJ Styles should go to the WWE and who knows? Maybe he'll be successful there since there seems to be a current pattern in former ROH wrestlers finding success in the WWE. Of course the choice is all AJ Styles'. I just feel that he has so much to offer on an international scale and that more people should know about him. I'm curious as to what wrestler or personality Bret Hart will address next.

Bret was asked a question and he answered it. Why do WZ have to sensationalise everything? If he took to Twitter of Facebook unprovoked and said all this then that is indeed a rant!!! This wasn't - it was a calm, honest answer.
The only one sensationalizing things here is you and your overused exclamation marks.

He is indeed correct on all fronts. WWE made Hogan a star
Hulk Hogan was a major star in the AWA before coming to the WWE. His appearance in Rocky III and the Hulkamania craze started there. As in, by his own hand. A mere 3 weeks after his WWE re-debut he became WWE Champion until 1987, so you are wrong. WWE did not make Hulkamania, it existed already.
, not he is pretty much irrelevant as his tenure in TNA has proven.
I really have no clue what you're saying here, but I'll take a guess and say it's "Hogan's irrelevant in TNA". If true why are his segments the highest rated? And why is he by far the most interviewed and talked about. Irrelevant my ass.

Biscoff was good 15 years ago in WCW for a couple of years
And now he has a production company. So technically, he's better now.

and AJ Styles, like Sting, needs to wrestle in the big league.
They're in a company that broadcasts worldwide with millions of viewers and are on primetime television. Unless there's a wrestling company that broadcasts directly into our minds I doubt you can get any bigger.

point blank, bret needs to get over himself, between him and hogan both are close to one foot in the grave, more so hart because of the stroke, to constantly hold a 30-year old grudge over bullshit, is nonsence.

He has become what he professes to hate - the old ass, bitchy, former main eventer that can't let go. Granted, bret has more reasons than most to be bitter, but still, come on man!

See, I can see where he's coming from.
With everything, there is a plus side to Hogan and Eric being with TNA. I mean, the names say enough. I do NOT like the pair being with TNA, but you can't say they haven't done their bit for the company. They can and have brought new people to TNA. Given that some of them are awful (see: Orlando Jordans stint with EY) but still, it's people with names that have power behind them.
On the other hand, and what I'd like to see is them gone from TNA. Hogan will appear on TV, and I'll turn over. He bores me to death. Eric is the same. Thank god he's behind the scenes now. They also kill the runs of wrestlers who have had so much hype, and then, in your home town, where you have had so much hype and work done, it ends and your back in the mid-carders again. Don't get me wrong, loved Bobby Roode's title reign, but it seemed fitting that thats where it should have ended, have a heel Aries chase the title from Storm, and go on from there. By the way, these happen to be opinions.

Ok mr anderson i dont have the slighest fucking clue you are talking about, you contradict yourself every sentence.

Now as for bret, agree about aj but if his family and less travelling is more important then all the power to him, being a dad myself i would rather watch my son grow up then be on the road most of the time.

Now the bs about hogan, my god bret let it go, its over, go fuck your half your age wife and call it a night.

it's not a real shock as Bret Hart has disliked Hogan and Bischoff and in my book has GOOD reasons for that. in my book, Bischoff and Hogan really did hurt WCW and Bret Hart when he came to WCW. any smart booker would've quickly got Bret Hart VS Hollywood Hogan for the WCW World title after the Hogan and Sting feud ended, then push Hart to the moon, but Hogan vs. Hart even in WCW dying days never happened and Bischoff (who was a guy in charge of WCW) never booked it and he should've booked it. as for what he said in this interview. it depends, but hopefully for TNA's sake, he's wrong, i think TNA will be fine though.

I always find it ironic that people who work or have worked for WCW or WWF/E always bash TNA for having other companies rejects on their roster.

Both those companies pretty much used rejects in the mid 90's to have the biggest wrestling period in the history of the sport.

Hulk and Savage were no longer wanted in the WWE. It is obvious what they did for WCW. How about WCW firing Steve Austin? Technically Bret Hart is a reject because WWE didn't want him anymore and he went to WCW.Also if you watch the interview you can tell how much Bret doesn't know about TNA. He had to ask the guy if Russo still worked there.

Bret is one of my favorites, but his interviews are pretty much the same every time and I think the people conducting the interviews know if they ask about Hogan and Bischoff they will get some edgy headlines the next day.

But hey Busch League looks great IMO in front of 10,000 UK fans.

Over the past month or two, it seems as though Bret Hart has, in some ways, become another jaded, bitter former wrestler.

It does look that way... I remember while reading Bret's book, that, while it was fascinating, and well written too, Hart came across as a bit of a dick. Nothing major, just a decent helping of the ego that you *need* in a entertainment career.

Although, there's hardly any such thing as 100% fact in pro wrestling.

Or with people at all really...

I do think that Bret Hart overlooked one very important thing though: the happiness factor. AJ Styles might be perfectly happy in TNA doing what he's doing. That counts for a LOT, more than most people seem to think. Styles is making a comfortable living and might be extremely happy working for TNA.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

AJ could be perfectly happy, and in 25 years time, he won't be bitching and moaning in interviews like Bret...

If you read Bret's book he details about how he always gave advice to Bischoff: And Bischoff followed it or allowed Bret to do what he wanted (Such as the Goldberg feud and the pre-cursor to the Leno thing with Nash before Owen died).

Bischoff could have done more, but so could have Bret. I actually really enjoyed his 98 run. And by the end of 99 he was at the top of the company and would have been there for the foreseeable future had he not been hurt.

Just like with the Triple H thing, I understand Bret's feelings towards Bischoff and Hogan. Did I agree with Bret on Triple H? No. But I could see why he said that, he obviously still feels some sort of animosity towards the Kliq and he has his right to.

With these new statements, what it boils down to is that Bret feels that Hogan did not want to what's right business-wise and that's what started Bret's dislike of him. Starting off with Bret's first WM event, WM IX. Then with the whole Hogan not wanting to drop the title to Bret, which was the right thing to do. Fast forward to WCW, and it's the same thing. Hogan with creative control and not doing what's right business-wise.

It's the same criticism I've had of Hogan. That he is really short-sighted at times (especially during his WCW days) and he doesn't see the big picture. I get the creative control and the pull he had backstage; you have to protect your image, but not at the cost of the entire business. Instead of just being too selfish, he should have thought "Hey, if this company creates more top stars people want to see, that means more revenue, which in turn helps me because people will pay good money to see me go against those top stars".

Dragon Saga perfectly described my feelings on Bischoff so no need to repeat them. Jack-Hammer is right. Hogan does have name recognition. Bischoff as well. Yet, how much great worth have they brought to TNA? Going live and going on the road full time, great. But I'm sure they could have done that without them.

I agree that AJ Styles has done everything he can in TNA, but if he loves it there, sees the company growing, and wants to be a part of it, I see no reason why he should leave.

Just like with the Triple H thing, I understand Bret's feelings towards Bischoff and Hogan. Did I agree with Bret on Triple H? No. But I could see why he said that, he obviously still feels some sort of animosity towards the Kliq and he has his right to.

With these new statements, what it boils down to is that Bret feels that Hogan did not want to what's right business-wise and that's what started Bret's dislike of him. Starting off with Bret's first WM event, WM IX. Then with the whole Hogan not wanting to drop the title to Bret, which was the right thing to do. Fast forward to WCW, and it's the same thing. Hogan with creative control and not doing what's right business-wise.

It's the same criticism I've had of Hogan. That he is really short-sighted at times (especially during his WCW days) and he doesn't see the big picture. I get the creative control and the pull he had backstage; you have to protect your image, but not at the cost of the entire business. Instead of just being too selfish, he should have thought "Hey, if this company creates more top stars people want to see, that means more revenue, which in turn helps me because people will pay good money to see me go against those top stars".

Dragon Saga perfectly described my feelings on Bischoff so no need to repeat them. Jack-Hammer is right. Hogan does have name recognition. Bischoff as well. Yet, how much great worth have they brought to TNA? Going live and going on the road full time, great. But I'm sure they could have done that without them.

I agree that AJ Styles has done everything he can in TNA, but if he loves it there, sees the company growing, and wants to be a part of it, I see no reason why he should leave.
Now I am not sure if this was in Bret's book or not, but he all but admitted that Vince played he and Hogan off of each other....From what I have gleaned there is no proof that Hogan refused to do the job and it was more Vince doing what he does best: Keeping the talent bickering at each other and not at him.

As much as I like AJ, I don't think he'll be such a big star in the WWE. What I like about TNA's roster is that all the top-tier guys get a chance to shine, while the WWE builds ONE true superstar in Cena and two and a half part-timers in Rocky, Brock and 'Taker.

Now I am not sure if this was in Bret's book or not, but he all but admitted that Vince played he and Hogan off of each other....From what I have gleaned there is no proof that Hogan refused to do the job and it was more Vince doing what he does best: Keeping the talent bickering at each other and not at him.

I have read and heard by other guys at that time, Nash in particular, that it was Hogan who didn't want to drop the title. And Nash and Hart aren't real chummy. Hogan also admitted that it was his idea to drop the title to Yoko instead of Bret because in his mind, Yoko was the hottest thing in wrestling at the time, which to me is bull. In my opinion, he just didn't want to drop the title clean to a face and preferred to lose it dirty to a heel to protect his hero image.

And that's my point. I do like Hogan and he was the man for a long time, but there were times he didn't see the big picture and do what was right for business. Instead of doing that, have Hogan beat Yoko at King of the Ring, Bret still wins the King of the Ring tournament, then at Summerslam you have Bret vs Hulk with Hulk dropping the title to the new star of the WWF. A passing of the torch. What did we really get? A mediocre Yoko title run.

Personally, i've actually got to agree with Bret on this. Just look at what Hogan did for TNA since coming 3 years ago. He pretty much took guys like A.J. Styles and Samoa Joe from the main event level and drove them back down to the mid card level by given whoever was in charge bad gimmick ideas for them. He put himself over for the last 2 years. The Immortal crap he made us suffer through was even worst then the aces & eights crap that TNA is doing right now. Sure you could say that it's not is fault since he doesn'T have any power backstage, but he does have a name and Dixie does listen to guys like Hogan because of how big a legend the guy is.

Also, if Hogan was still relevent to wrestling fans right now, don'T you think that TNA would have made a lot more money then they did? Hogan isn'T even to top merchandise seller in the company, Jeff Hardy is and i'm almost certain that Hogan isn'T in the top 3 has far as merchandise sells is concern. If you look at Hogan career, Hogan was good at only one think and it was making himself look good. It was a good idea back in the 80's and 90's because it brought a lot of money to those company he worked during that period but now, it's not worth it so Bret's right about hogan, Hogan is good at only one thing and it's making himself look good and that doesn't help TNA

Has For Bischoff, here a guy, that was lucky once, he had an idea that he took from new japan pro wrestling, brought it to america and was lucky enough that it became a huge successful idea and made a lot of money for WCW. The problem is that he never was able to found a way to ended and in the end that's what starting the downfall of WCW and Bischoff never forgave himself for that failure. That's why we saw that awful Immortal angle. Bischoff is a pretty descent guy as far a marketing is concern but that pretty much the only thing he can bring to TNA.

Has for the TNA comment being Bush league. He right on that, TNA has been, for the last 10 years, one step higher then ROH. It's pretty much a independant wrestling company with a Tv Deal. That's pretty much it, that'S why over that last year, a lot of guys and girls left TNA hoping to get a WWE contract and if TNA didn'T have that lawsuit against WWE. People like Matt Morgan and Velvet Sky probably wouldn't be in TNA because WWE would have sign them to a contract. TNA got a lot of wrestlers on the rosters are being wasted every week. Guys like AJ. Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Kazarian and James Storm just to name a few could really make a name of themselves in WWE if they had the cuts to try to get a contract with WWE. But right now, after 10 years of being with TNA for most of them and still nobody knows who they are and that's sad of seeing guys that really have all the tools to be major stars in wrestling getting wasted because they feel safer staying in TNA.

Haven't posted on here for a while, although I still have been checking them out every now and then, but given that The Hitman is one of my all time top favorite wrestlers, I felt compelled to reply to this.

If you watch the actual video and not just read the comments, I think it will make a big difference in your perception. Bret was being interviewed for some show, he was asked about Hogan and Bischoff specifically. It's not like he just woke up and was like, you know what, I feel like bashing Hogan and Bischoff today. He was asked a question, and responded to it how he honestly felt. I don't really feel that he was bitter about it, and I actually disagree with him some despite Hart being my one of my favorites. I always felt Bischoff is always over-criticized, and people always forgot that WCW never made a profit prior to him taking over. As for Hogan, I'm not anti-Hogan, though I generally preferred him as Hollywood with the nWo over the Red and Yellow generic good guy, although I do agree with Bret that Hogan was always more about getting himself over than trying to do what is best for the business. For those unaware, after the whole Wrestlemania IX thing, Hogan and Hart were suppose to fight for the WWF title at SummerSlam that year, and Hogan was suppose to pass the torch so to speak to Bret, and Hogan decided to back out. So yeah, I'm sure Hart does still have some resentment again Hogan based on personal feelings, but it's not like he's the first person to make similar claims about the Hulkster.

And I actually find it kinda interesting that Bret even talks about Chris Benoit in the interview yet nobody has even really mentioned that, instead focusing on Hogan and Bischoff.

So Brett Hart doesnt like Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, & Triple H ? This is news ?

I liked Hart as a wrestler, great matches, thought he was boring as a character, not as charismatic as HBK or Nash for instance, but over all, a good wrestler who worked hard to carry the company anytime it fell on his shoulders. It's unfortunate his in ring career ended as it did, just as it was unfortunate injury prematurely ended the careers of Arn Anderson & Steve Austin, or the traffic accident that paralyzed Magnum TA. As for Montreal, Brett should have lost as he was asked to do. Certainly after what Vince had done with his "Real World Champion" gimmick, parading the WCW Title all over his TV shows for a full month to promote the arrival of Ric Flair, and after the Lex Luger here one minute, gone the next stunt that bounced him from SummerSlam to Nitro in 24 hours Vince couldnt risk Hart, angry about being released, bitter about being replaced on the card by his backstage rival Michaels and the adult oriented, foul mouthed Austin, Vince couldnt risk that Brett Hart taking his title to Monday Nitro.

Personally, I think it will be news when Hart says nice things about another top star from his time. He says little of anything about The Rock, and pretty much slams every other main eventer he shared the spotlight with during the 90s.

Dont get me wrong, sometimes I think Hart is correct in his critiques. I dont think Bischoff & Hogan have brought much to TNA. Too many storylines have been dropped or rushed, too many pushes have been halted too quick without a chance to gain steam. As for 1993, Hogan tells a much different story. We may never know for sure but in Hart's defense there are plenty of tales of Hogan refusing to put over Savage, or give a clean win to Sting or Flair and the political maneuvering that followed so maybe Hart has some credibility. Certainly I get why he dislikes HBK, although at least publicly Michaels has tried to make peace with him. I also get why Hart maybe bitter, Hogan remains the industry's biggest star, Michaels got a last title run and some of the biggest WrestleMania bouts of all time. HHH not only was The Wrestler of The Decade for the 2000s but practically runs the entire WWE empire. Looking at how his career ended all that must gall him a bit. Still, I dont need another diatribe about how much he dislikes these guys, especially since he has little to say about Vince McMahon, the guy who denied him a match with Hogan in 93, authorized Montreal in 97, and sent him packing to WCW, not too mentim the fact the entire time Hart was in the top tier of WWE He was constantly being replaced by Yokozuna, HBK, & Nash. Of course, Hart used to have a lot to say about Vince until he went back on the WWE payroll.

When Hart offers up some positive critiques for his contemporaries I'll be interested. Until then Im good, totally filled up with enough "Brett Hart hates this guy" interviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back