• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bret Hart, New United States Champion !!!

The Roid Rage

Getting Noticed By Management
Anyone else as happy to have seen that as I was? What a way to go out technically since this was supposed to be his last show. I don't know what this means for the title but that doesn't matter right now. What matters right now is that BRET THE HITMAN HART IS THE CURRENT UNITED STATES CHAMPION. As little as 2 or 3 years ago if I would have come on here like Marty McFly and say "Ah This is heavy Doc, In a couple of years Bret Hart is actually going to come back to the WWE and have a match with none other than Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania, and that's only the half of it. After that, he's going to be in a match on Monday Night Raw against that guy in the tag team with John Morrison, The Miz for the United States Championship." You'd say "Great Scott!!!." And wonder if something is wrong at that point in time with the space time continuum.

After all these years and not only is he back, but even though he can't do shit in the ring, he's so fucking awesome he can have people wrestle his matches for them and still win the match. Gotta love it. Now even though this is supposed to be the last scheduled appearance of Bret Hart, one has to wonder if he isn't going to be the new G.M. they announce next week on Raw. It would make perfect sense, he would probably be great at it, and we'd still have The Hitman in some capacity. Who can really be mad at Bret The Hitman Hart as the G.M. of Raw? Really?

I don't see how the WWE is going to work this whole thing out with Bret Hart and the U.S. Title, but I am now looking forward to it. Even if this was the last show with Bret Hart, which I don't think it is at the moment, it will have been well worth the wait just because of what a big deal it really is. Not long ago we collectively thought we would NEVER see Bret Hart in the WWE again, let alone in a match to some capacity. I'm sure the possibility of his return before all this went down was argued many of times on the WrestleZone forums even. Well, no more questions. We have seen it, not all of it may have been what we wanted it too, but it was nice to have for a period of time again.

I grew up watching Bret The Hitman Hart, he was always one of my favorites. I took him over everyone Shawn, Stone Cold, Razor, Diesel, Perfect, Everyone. I even liked him as a heel. I got to see him at a live Raw in Des Moines earlier this year. It was the one where the chick in the car backed into his car door "breaking his leg", that was here. It was really cool because the last time I saw him I was just a kid and it was neat to see him again after all that time. We shall see what the future holds.

Knew it was happening as soon as the "no rules" thing was announced. Quite odd, considering he's going to lose it in like a week to who the hell knows. Hopefully Santino, he could use the rub.

From what I understood, this was Hart's last live television appearance. If that's the case, I would expect the title to be retired or for a tournament to be enacted in order to crown a new champion, which would be a great way to develop a new talent. Bret Hart is one of my top favourite wrestlers, but the less he is in the ring the better. You cannot even sell a proper beatdown when Bret is involved because even a light bump could trigger some unwarranted effects as a result of his stroke.

I didn't even realize you watched wrestling, Salv. You're never around those sections.

I'm pretty darn excited. It was a great moment and I can't WAIT to see what's going to happen with the title. Hopefully a tournament, or he'll give the title to a younger star. MAybe he'll even retire it. Who knows?

I didn't even realize you watched wrestling, Salv. You're never around those sections.

I'm pretty darn excited. It was a great moment and I can't WAIT to see what's going to happen with the title. Hopefully a tournament, or he'll give the title to a younger star. MAybe he'll even retire it. Who knows?

I used to watch WWE religiously, never missing a show, but that was four or so years ago. I still check WZ.com for updates, and I try to stay in the loop about who are the new wrestlers, and who is holding the belts. I will watch if there is something really exciting, and I always order Wrestlemania out of tradition :) .

Then you should've watched RAW last night, epic episode.

Yeah I have to admit I don't get why Bret was handed the belt if it was his last appearance, I guess it's a cheap way of getting a pop from the crowd, or a way to finish it off for Bret?

Gotta say the first thought I had was "Bret's gonna drop that thing in a TNA trash can"

First post in the prison...hopefully not the first of many.

I loved it. I marked the F*** out when Bret had his hand raised. Honestly, I don't care if he can't wrestle anymore (nor if he can properly climb the ropes). It's not like I'm expecting some 4 or 5 star classic when he gets in there now, so there was nothing to be disappointed about. The Miz wasn't defending that title anyway, so what does it matter? I think people, mostly younger fans (not all, but some) are just looking for a reason to bitch about Bret.

These same fans know he isn't going to keep the title past this upcoming Monday (Over the Limit at the latest), but they just want to hate on "the old guy" who is "taking time away" from younger guys (jobbers, mostly). I have no problem with it. He is finally getting to drop a title on his terms, and Vince went along with it because he knows he owes it to Bret, even if some of you disagree with that. There will be a tournament, or something along those lines, to crown a new US champ, and some guy (maybe even the Miz) will get the rub that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back