• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BREAKING: TNA Announces Next Hall of Famer - Earl Hebner

Johnny Scumm

InZayn In The Membrane
From the @ImpactWrestling Twitter account;

Breaking: @TheEarlHebner named the next inductee into the #TNAHOF! See it in Salem!

So, Earl Hebner goes into the HOF this year which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. I mean, Hebner is cool, he's a brilliant referee & to this day he still gets involved in the action...

As Dixie Carter says, he has set the standard & I honestly have to say he's quite possibly the greatest referee out there.

However, it's the TNA HoF. What does it mean?

Most well known referee in the business for sure. I don't like the idea of a Referee being in the hall of fame but if you want to put one in, Earl is the one worth it.

Well firstly, it's good to see TNA inducting a referee into their Hall of Fame amid their recent poor ratings and downships. They just could've inducted some hot personalities to gain popularity but they didn't, it seems like humane. But unfortunately that isn't going to bring up their TV ratings. If you want to increase your TV ratings, do something hot!

Yawwwwnnnn.

I can't think of anything less interesting for TNA to do at this point next to trying to continue to do business. I would be willing to say TNA will not even be around in two years so this won't matter anyway. It wouldn't shock me if they're gone by next year either. They might as well induct Adam Pacman Jones, Tito Ortiz, and that girl from Survivor that was in TNA for roughly 5 weeks. Just stop TNA. Please. It's over.

Justice is served. This man should've been the very first inductee. Earl is a true legend of this business and ita about time ita recognized. Its not WWE but its a recognition none the less.

What TNA have done is induct everyone they know (apart from JJ) who would end up in the WWE HoF.

It's disgraceful TNA mainstays the guys that put the company on the map like joe, aj, Daniels etc have not got it

Smacks of TNA just trying to one up WWE. Makes them look small time.

I know trolls and non-trolls sometimes push the "WWE castoff" thing a little too much and this is not an appropriate example where it should be used but is it an appropriate example where it should be used?

What is the point of this? There are like four members and this is the fifth best they can do? Is there another wing of this Hall for non-wrestlers?

It's Dixie's Hall so I guess it is her call and I can make my own but this seems like kind of a joke. Was Christy Hemme getting her legs waxed the day of the induction?

Justice is served. This man should've been the very first inductee. Earl is a true legend of this business and ita about time ita recognized. Its not WWE but its a recognition none the less.

Ummm are you serious? Why should Earl have been the first inductee into the TNA HOF?

Also I guess he is the most recognisable ref out that. Is it true that he got sacked from WWE for stealing T-Shirts? If so that's a shame after all the great work he put in there.

I guess as TNA you have to do something that seems positive but maybe, just maybe they should work a little harder on their product which is in the toilet right now.

The replies don't surprise me at all unfortunately. I for one have no problem with any talent on TV being eligible for HOF honors. The referee absolutely makes or breaks a match.. like that skinny black WWE referee who i hate to describe that way but I just don't know his name with the over the top reactions to everything. Earl Hebner is the gold standard as far as refs go.. baby hebner got some big shoes to fill

Brockie: Not stealing. Selling the Montreal Screwjob shirt he always wears I believe.

Well firstly, it's good to see TNA inducting a referee into their Hall of Fame amid their recent poor ratings and downships. They just could've inducted some hot personalities to gain popularity but they didn't, it seems like humane. But unfortunately that isn't going to bring up their TV ratings. If you want to increase your TV ratings, do something hot!

TNA isn't WWE. Their hall of fame classes have everything to do with ratings and buy rates. It would seem the TNA hall of fame goal is to truly honor the people who are important to TNA and helped TNA grow (lets pretend it's been all positive for the sake of the topic please) over the last 11 years

WWE should have gave him his recognition years ago. Every truely memorable moment from WWE I can think of during his tenure.. Hebner was probably there.

Yawwwwnnnn.

I can't think of anything less interesting for TNA to do at this point next to trying to continue to do business. I would be willing to say TNA will not even be around in two years so this won't matter anyway. It wouldn't shock me if they're gone by next year either. They might as well induct Adam Pacman Jones, Tito Ortiz, and that girl from Survivor that was in TNA for roughly 5 weeks. Just stop TNA. Please. It's over.

I can t think of anything less interesting for wwe! As if their HOF is better ?
All they ever induct is stars in the wrestling world that have no connection whatsoever?They're trying to parade their Hall of Fame as a legitimate entity, a la those of Pro Football or Baseball, I doubt anyone will ever see them as equals. wwe continues to enshrine wrestling and making their Hall Of Fame endeavor more of a farce. Hall of Fame is questionable and simply ridiculous. After all, this is a Hall of Fame designed for wrestlers.
The following article will examine some of the reasons why sports fans may look down their noses at this event or why some wrestling fans simply don’t care about the concept. The Bushwhackers are among the Hall of Fame class of 2015. C’mon, really? The Bushwhackers? There is no denying that these two were entertaining during their stint in WWE but did they really make that big of an impact on tag team wrestling?

The most memorable thing about these guy is the walking and the licking. The Bushwhackers were a mid-card comedy act who certainly can’t be compared to tag teams like The Road Warriors or Edge and Christian
Pete Rose, William “The Refrigerator” Perry, Bob Uecker, Drew Carey, Mike Tyson, Donald Trump, Mr. T, and Arnold Schwarzenegger (this year) have all been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame “Celebrity Wing.”
Stop making fun of TNA cause wwe has yet to put a referee in the hall of fame and it is a right direction rather than have a celebrity in TNA!!

I mean ... at least he's been in the ring more times than a lot of today's wrestlers.

Good for Earl. He's referee royalty.

Are TNA looking at Hebners WHOLE career and not just his time in TNA?

I definitely think he's HOF-worthy if we are looking at his entire time as a referee but has he really done enough in TNA to get in? Has ANY referee in TNA's lifespan done enough to get into their HOF ahead of some of the wrestlers?

Let's not go trying to make sense of something that TNA did. I will now try to make sense of something that TNA did.

The way I see it; Earl Hebner is one of the most famous names that will probably never be allowed in the WWE HOF. He messed with Vince's money and is probably blacklisted for eternity, for all I know there were other factors involved. I have friends who are very passively interested in pro-wrestling, and they know who Earl Hebner is.

A quick reminder:

[YOUTUBE]_kYNNs2nYLA[/YOUTUBE]

I want to say that I was about six years old when that happened, and it was like I took the blue pill. I was looking at a temporal paradox of one man meeting his double, it didn't help that I was also a huge fan of Back to the Future.

Congrats Mr. Hebner, hopefully someday you'll be allowed into the WWE HOF.

A referee? Really? Really? (to quote the Miz)

So, TNA have five guys in their TNA, and they are already put in referees.

How about the Dudleyz? Booker T? Hogan?

This is a guy who got fired for stealing from WWE.

Why not have Bret Hart induct him, due to their association with SS 97.

A referee? Really? Really? (to quote the Miz)

So, TNA have five guys in their TNA, and they are already put in referees.

How about the Dudleyz? Booker T? Hogan?

This is a guy who got fired for stealing from WWE.

Why not have Bret Hart induct him, due to their association with SS 97.

The Bubbleys( Dudleyz) already are inducted in TNA hall of fame which was a mistake cause they stabbed TNA in da back ! Booker T was nagging in so he s is no longer Mr Booker TNA as he proclaimed himself to be rather than a lousy announcer trying to hard to mimick the late Randy Macho Man Savage and Hogan is banned for life!

This is why I can't take the TNA HOF seriously. Who cares if they ALL (except Jeff Jarrett) worked in WWE until they were past their prime and washed up?

Are TNA looking at Hebners WHOLE career and not just his time in TNA?

I definitely think he's HOF-worthy if we are looking at his entire time as a referee but has he really done enough in TNA to get in? Has ANY referee in TNA's lifespan done enough to get into their HOF ahead of some of the wrestlers?

Stiffler. Just for the name. Dude is my hero

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back