Bragging Rights - Orton (c) v Cena 60 min Iron Man Match

Like any wrestling fan I am very excited to see another 60 minute iron man match. I think that this match has the potential to be the absolute shit.

With that said, I don't see the point in making it No Holds Barred. What effect would this have in the PG era? We aren't going to see any blood, we aren't going to see any death defying stunts, and we probably aren't going to see that much weapon use at all. I just don't see the point in making this a No Holds Barred match. I think that it would be much more entertaining if it were just the two of them in the ring for 60 minutes trying to one up each other.

I know that Cena can go for at least an hour. His match with HBK on Raw in 2007 is proof of that. I just hope that the match doesn't get a little redundant. I don't want to see shoulder block, shoulder block, back body drop, 5 knuckle shuffle, and then the AA for every fall. With that said, I don't want to see headlock, stomp, stomp some more, DDT from middle rope, and eventual RKO for an hour either.

I hope that they can find away to make this match entertaining for an hour. They have some big shoes to fill as HBK/Bret Hart tore it down at WM 12. I'm not expecting it to be as good as that one, but I am expecting to be entertained throughout the entire match.

That is all!

I personally think that Cena is going to walk away from this match as the loser. That is, if creative wants to put an end to the Cena/Orton fued once and for all.

If Cena wins, that leaves open the rematch for Orton at Survivor Series. Then maybe they do it all again. Thing is, there's no heels for Cena to fued with on RAW other than Orton.

Cena losing actually makes perfect sense. Plus, it'll make for better segments from Orton. I can picture the night after, Orton bragging about how he single handedly drove Cena off RAW. How he bested Cena in an Iron man match. Throw in Legacy and an eventual Ted face turn and Orton's got someone new to fued with till Royal Rumble. I'm thinking by then Edge may be ready to return and there's another new fued.

As far as Cena, on Smackdown he has a few options for fueds. Theres Batista, Jericho, CM Punk, Taker. We could actually see new and exciting fueds if Cena loses and goes to Smackdown.

First of all, Cena is the boring one, not Orton. Orton's in-ring skills are pretty amazing. I'm from Pittsburgh, so hopefully I can get some tickets to this pretty soon. I want to witness this in person. The "end" of a rivalry. Cena's probably going to shoot some movie or something and Orton is going to keep the title.

This match will be good. It's unfortunate yes that the creative have to limit move sets. If all of you guys watched Cena's and Orton's matches from when they first started, you would see that they are way more talented in the ring than what we see now. If you don't believe me just refer back to Cena's first match with Kurt Angle, and Orton in his first year in the company. I really think that Cena is going to Smackdown to try to bring up the ratings. Kids will cry and moan but Cena going to SD is a good thing. After all, part of the reason why he is so big now is because he grew in Smackdown. He was never on Raw until that 2005 draft. Plus, there is no star power on the show.

CM Punk is in hot water with the company at the moment. Matt Hardy is unfortunately caught in the middle of Jeff's case, and creative are afraid to even touch him; just putting him in dark matches. Batista is injury prone. Undertaker slows down because of age and lingering past injuries. Rey Mysterio is too damn small. Khali is too clumsy to even wrestle and now going to have surgery on his knee. Jeri-Show is not breaking up anytime soon. Edge, well, we all know. Kane for the life of me will never get a major title; I do not count the ECW title as a major title. Especially, I don't count that one day that he was then WWF champion. Finlay is only there to put over new talent.

In all, there is nothing there. Aside from every one that I mentioned from the brand has their issues and basically everyone else is in a tag team. This will be a good brand to put in Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness. They are missing that star person that will make kids tune to Smackdown. This Iron Man match will hopefully show some new perspectives in the careers of Cena and Orton as they are still in their prime and no where near 40. Orton is not even 30 yet. I see Cena losing this match and will be coming to Friday nights.

Cena losing at Bragging Rights and going to SmackDown is something that I want to see. I've been waiting for a rematch between Cena and Batista since their match at SummerSlam last year. I've also been wanting to see Cena and Undertaker go at it at WrestleMania. I also prefer SD! over RAW and anything that could give SD! more star power and bigger ratings is alright with me.

On the RAW side, I personally believe that Orton can carry that brand on his own. His reaction from the crowd is very strong and while his matches may not be something to die for, he does enough for people to continue to watch him and whoever he's facing. Having Cena out of RAW and with their other main eventers HHH, HBK, and Big Show already busy, this frees up an enormous space for a face main eventer. Enter any RAW superstar you can think of. MVP, Kofi, Mark Henry, hell even Swagger or Masters just for kicks. If it is as the IWC says, this could be Ted Dibiase's time to shine as the new face of RAW.

well like everyone else in this thread im excited for this match im not sure if orten will be able to make it the hour im sure he will be training harder for the next month in till this match so he can last but so umm ya im not sure about the outcome i can see orten winning and coming out and bragging on raw about he won and crap like that then the wwe somehow finds a way to get cena back on raw i just can't see him going to smackdown but you never know i guess we'll just have to find out

Just... some random insight from earlier posts before going into topic

1. Orton isn't boring. In my opinion, atleast, so no. Not everyone agrees.
2. Cena has moves but doesn't use them for whatever reasons. His moveset isn't "growing" it's simply being USED.
3. Raw is the A-show? No, not even close. That now belongs to smackdown now.
4. I WANT Cena to leave Raw.

Anyway, I think the match could be pretty good. It does seem like this will be the one to end the feud. So, it's (hopefully) guaranteed either Cena will be leaving Raw or that Orton will be feuding with someone else (Hm.. who knows really. /insert Dibiase going face now here?)

Headlocks entertaining? Stomps? A DDT from the middle rope? That all he does. Seriously. I'm not overexaggerating. That is all. he. does.

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, meet pot.

I'm going to have to go down the list, aren't I?

1) Orton. Headlock, headlock, stomp, RKO.

2) HBK. Get his ass beat, jump up, inverted atomic drop, elbow drop, SCM.

3) Trips. Get his ass beat, pump up, some slams, shoulder blocks, slams, Pedigree. Sledgehammer if you really pissed him off.

4) Edge. Run around, spear.

5) Big Show. Get beat up, Knock out punch after a failed Chokeslam attempt.

6) Rey Mysterio. Jump around, get thrown around, drop toe hold, 619.

Who else do you want me to run through? Main event players all go through the same formula at the end of their matches. It's a proven way to work a crowd into popping for the end. Also, it makes sure that the main event stars know their roles, and won't get injured during the end of a match.

Don't argue for more Cena rap. Please. No more "turn him heelz."

Refer to the 6 main event wrestlers I listed above. Tell me I'm wrong. Go ahead. We'll all have a laugh.

....It's called a comeback. Complain about HBK jumping up after having 40 minutes of having his PREVIOUSLY INJURED back worked on. Or Trips doing the Pedigree after 20 minutes of his twice injured legs worked on. Then come back to me.

He's a heel. Get used to it.

How so? It showcases his strength. How is Punk's any better? He misses dropping them on his knee, and oh wow. They're knocked out. Batista? A powerbomb? Really? A spear that fucking Edge and Big Show use? Mysterio? Pushing his legs into a man's face after they're tripped up? HBK kicking a man in the face despite the fact that his knees have been so injured over the years he shouldn't be able to knock out fucking Benjamin with a kick to the face?

A reverse DDT that Diamond Dallas Page used to do, right after 40 minutes of headlocks. Oh wow, Orton is really original.
Lol this is a fun debate.

John Cenas formula is much more set in stone then any of the other wrestlers. His matches follow his formula to a T. If you compare his matches to the matches of the other wrestlers I think you can agree that Cena is much more predictable then the other veterans you've listed.

When I say what happened to john cena, I in no way mean the gay ghetto cena. If you remember really early on in Cena's career when he wore the UFC style tights. That's the Cena I'm talking about.

In terms of finishers, I think that almost all the guys finishers you listed above have a cooler finisher than John Cena. Maybe I just don't like him because of how overrated he is.

What annoys me about the WWE is that it has been basically the same guys in the title picture for years.

CM Punk was an awesome change up, but apparently wearing inappropriate clothing has landed him in trouble.

Lol this is a fun debate.

John Cenas formula is much more set in stone then any of the other wrestlers. His matches follow his formula to a T. If you compare his matches to the matches of the other wrestlers I think you can agree that Cena is much more predictable then the other veterans you've listed.

When I say what happened to john cena, I in no way mean the gay ghetto cena. If you remember really early on in Cena's career when he wore the UFC style tights. That's the Cena I'm talking about.

In terms of finishers, I think that almost all the guys finishers you listed above have a cooler finisher than John Cena. Maybe I just don't like him because of how overrated he is.

What annoys me about the WWE is that it has been basically the same guys in the title picture for years.

CM Punk was an awesome change up, but apparently wearing inappropriate clothing has landed him in trouble.

Every wrestler is damn near predictable even more so than Cena. HBK and Undertaker do the same damn thing every match and you want to call Cena out on it. Hyprocrisy, thy name is you. The RKO may be a "cooler" finisher than the Attitude Adjustment but they each win their fair share of matches so there is no use for comparison.

Punk is highly overrated because of what he had across from him. Hardy was great for Punk's heel turn and when he left, you're seeing what is happening to Punk.

i think this one will be the worst match of the year and im sure that cena will win vince dont wont hes money maker to go to B show

though im excited, but im thinking that orton or cena can just take a weapon and whack the other to death than pin him.

This is confusing. So Cena loses after being champ for a month only to lose it to Orton who could drop it at the very next PPV? I don't see Orton winning just because Cena is Vince's money maker and being on SmackDown would hurt that a bit. It has been a while since Cena has been on SmackDown and he's surely worn his time out over on Raw.

As far as the match goes, this could be one of the most boring matches ever, but at least this looks like the end of the feud at long last. The stipulation where if Cena loses, he goes to SmackDown is great, but I wish Orton had some sort of stipulation as well. I don't think we needed a 60 minute Iron Man match, but they don't happen often and this seems to be the only way to end the feud. I think Orton will get the win, but I'm not really convinced. We'll see when it happens though.

I am looking forward to this - I personally love the chemistry between Cena and Orton and the summerslam match in 2007 still stands as one of my all time favorite matches. I feel an Iron Man Match will give them the chance to put on a real show and I truly look forward to watching it.

I mean there is the possibility that it might go the other way and be a strongly rest hold based affair but I am putting my faith in the two top WWE superstars not to resort to such tactics more than three times throughout the match which is only once more than the typical 20-30 minute match anyway.

Expect some rest holds, but I really trust these two to show that the new Generation of WWE superstars can put on a good show aswell.

I am actually quite excited for this match, their could be plenty of finishes, I think they may go with a type ending like Michaels vs Hart in their Iron Man Match and Wrestlemania, with it being 0 - 0 then one of them gets a quick pin fall. This match should be very good, especially with the added factor of it being anything goes, i really want to see orton f-ued through the announce table. Will be a good match and pay per view.

Every wrestler is damn near predictable even more so than Cena. HBK and Undertaker do the same damn thing every match and you want to call Cena out on it. Hyprocrisy, thy name is you. The RKO may be a "cooler" finisher than the Attitude Adjustment but they each win their fair share of matches so there is no use for comparison.

Punk is highly overrated because of what he had across from him. Hardy was great for Punk's heel turn and when he left, you're seeing what is happening to Punk.

I hate watching Cena, plain and simple. Hate everything about him.

Although Jeff Hardy helped Punk with his heel turn you can't give say it's because Hardy is gone that CM punk is bad now. The wwe isn't even giving him a chance against undertaker, which makes no sense. They establish him as the top heel on smackdown next to Jericho, but he gets destroyed by UT. The wwe just isn't giving him a chance.

Undertaker could have really solidified punk as one of the top heels but instead Punk was cut down severely

Ehh. Maybe the plan is to have Cena lose and go to Smackdown. It's a network show, and Cena is the one that pushed for the PG rating.

Then they make Raw into a PG-13 show, since it's a cable show and that will be the only thing that can keep the older demographics from flipping to Monday Night Football instead.

I don't really care, I like watching both right now.. Just a thought.

I hate watching Cena, plain and simple. Hate everything about him.

You are entitled to your opinion, no doubt. However, I feel like this statement right here symblizes why a lot of wrestling fans refuse to give Cena his props. Blind hate.

I say blind hate because in this case especially because it is laughable to say that Cena is more predictable than any other main eventer. I personally have thought for years that the most predictable main eventer in WWE was HBK. He ends every single match the exact same way. Kip up...Inverted atomic drop...Elbow Drop from the top rope.... Sweet Chin Music. But HBK is heralded as one of the greatest wrestlers ever to grace the WWE.

Now I am not hating on HBK saying he sucks or that I hate seeing him wrestle...I just feel he is predictable. Yet I still feel like he is very entertaining most of the time.

So why is Cena different? He sucks because he's predictable...doesn't seem to make a lot of sense when you consider the HBK example, does it?

I just don't get it - Before people complained that they hated Cena because of his never-ending title reigns. Okay...well his last 2 reigns were less than 1 month long.

No wait...it's because he ends all of his matches the same. Okay, so do all of the other main evetners.

Well then it must be because he gets shoved down our throats every week on RAW...no, I think HHH and DX get way more airtime on RAW lately, and yet they somehow remain pretty over. so that can't be it.

Okay then...it's because he always gets beat up and then comes back at the end like Superman. Hmmm...I thought that was making the Heel opponent look legit by letting them dominate the match and then overcoming the odds like the Face should do - I thought that was a tried and true wrestling formula.

You see John Cena does what a Face wrestler is supposed to, and he does it well. I think the problem is that a lot of wrestling fans hate him so much that they have forgotten that he IS the face in his matches and this is what is supposed to happen. It doesn't matter how much you boo him and cheer Orton...John Cena is not the heel in this feud. Plus IMO, this feud has been pretty evenly matched. Cena has not destroyed Orton in any of their encounters and he has really put him over as his equal for the most part. That is a sign of a successful feud when both men get elevated.

I really believe if people look at Cena objectively they can see that he actually is really good at what he does. The problem is people refuse to do that.

Getting back on topic (since this is turning more into another Hate Cena thread) my ultimate point is this - Cena and Orton both have a lot of talent, neither one carrys the other in my opinion. They carry eachother to some great matches (like SS 2007) and therefore I really believe that this match will really surprise people. This is going to end up being a really good Iron Man match.

Ehh. Maybe the plan is to have Cena lose and go to Smackdown. It's a network show, and Cena is the one that pushed for the PG rating.

Then they make Raw into a PG-13 show, since it's a cable show and that will be the only thing that can keep the older demographics from flipping to Monday Night Football instead.

I don't really care, I like watching both right now.. Just a thought.

Where is it documented that Cena "pushed" for the PG Rating? I'd like some proof of that.

Cena is a company man all the way, so I certainly believe that he would stand behind the decision to go PG but I find it very hard to believe that it was his brainchild.

What authority does he have to change anything, he's just talent?

Great, it's like Orton, Cena, and Vince got together backstage one night and decided to plot to find a way to bore me even more than their previous 9000 encounters. Sixty minute iron man match? You've got to be kidding me. I'm sure it could be good, but it probably won't. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise me, but right now this match looks like it's going to bore me to tears. Especially considering the PPV is supposed to be a "Raw vs. Smackdown" theme, yet our main event here is Raw vs. Raw. Can't expect logical booking these days I guess.

I hate to break it to you to all of those who keep complaining about Cena and Orton having limited moveset but both of these guys have been going almost nonstop since 2002/2003. Both of them have been sidelined by major injuries and prematurely returned. That's why I said earlier in my post, I know their limitations because I've seen what they can do and what they have done and I don't want to watch an hour of it. I have a feeling in 10-15 years, Cena and Orton will be the guys like Shawn Michaels who will be here for a long time and still trying to push through the pain and it's going to be a bittersweet sight because we'll be happy to see them still there but sad to see their condition. They push to the limit and it has limited them at an early age despite it paying off big time.

I can't wait for this. I love Iron Man matches, though I did hope it would have been Cena vs Edge, I think they'd have pulled it off better. Cena/Orton has entertained me right up until the ending of the Hell in the Cell. Just felt a little flat to me, the rest of the bout was fine though.

Only thing I don't like about this match up is the no dq stipulation. Without, you could have had Rock/HHH scenarios where HHH is leading by one, so to waste time he intentionally gets DQ'd through a chair shot put pins straight away to regain the lead. This would have been perfect for Orton.

I fully expect Cena to win this, and I beilieve it would be the right choice. You can't have Cena off Raw and you can't have the top heel winning a feud against the top face. It just doesn't happen.

Cena may also be off to film a new movie so this match could get him kicked of RAW he could return at the Rumble as a free agent win the rumble. Picked the WWE Title and then win at mania and return to RAW that way.

I think I'm more looking forward to the return of the 60 minute iron man match, more so than seeing Orton and Cena go at it again. As some people have pointed out, will Cena and Orton be able to maintain excitement and suspence for a full hour, given Cena's limited routine and Orton's slow ring style? That remains to be seen, however, I'm willing to give this match a chance and better yet, it's very possible this could end the feud (at least for this year). With the no-DQ stipulation this will allow them to work with weapons and what not which should help add to the entertainment factor (although, a normal match without the no-DQ stip could have been the way to go, considering Orton and Cena have just had a huge gimmick match in the Hell in the Cell). In addition, No-DQ means we will probably see Legacy attempt to interfere on behalf of Orton which could lead to Cena leaving RAW and going to Smackdown...but if Cena wins and regains the title then that would be yet another title change within just a few weeks and I'm just not sure if that is the way to go. No matter what happens, the Cena leaving RAW stipulation makes this match interesting and I'm intrigued to see how they will play this out...

Great, it's like Orton, Cena, and Vince got together backstage one night and decided to plot to find a way to bore me even more than their previous 9000 encounters. Sixty minute iron man match? You've got to be kidding me. I'm sure it could be good, but it probably won't. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise me, but right now this match looks like it's going to bore me to tears. Especially considering the PPV is supposed to be a "Raw vs. Smackdown" theme, yet our main event here is Raw vs. Raw. Can't expect logical booking these days I guess.

Wow fear, I expected better from you. 9000 encounters, really? From a one on one stand point, I can think of about six, you have a bit of an exaggeration.

As I have stated their match at HIAC was pretty entertaining in my opinion, how's that boring. And to tears? seriously?

And it makes 100% logic of it being Raw v SD! as if Cena loses he goes to SD! heck we could even see Teddy Long interfere :lmao:

I'm not holding my breath on this one. I just don't see these guys making a 60 minute Iron man match work, the only time they ever have had a good match was when some stipulation was added (like a HIAC or I quit or something along those lines). I like both guys but I just can't see them having a 60 minute wrestling match and it being interesting (I know Cena has had a great hour long match before, but thats because Michaels carried him through it), half the match will be a combination of Cena pumping up the crowd and Orton taking 5 minutes to do 1 move. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this match being overly good, the best I can hope for is a half decent match. Not a knock against either guy, but they can't make a match interesting for 60 minutes (if they can't have a solid 20 minute wrestling match (with no stipulations) how are they going to pull off 60 minutes, I haven't seen Orton wrestle that in my entire life). Besides its not like Cena is some great technical wrestler, what he does is effective but the guy has about 5 minutes worth of offensive moves.

I hope Cena wins but I don't think he will because of the lack of star power on Smackdown (Taker and Batista isn't enough. I would add Punk into the mix but with him in the doghouse he'll be a midcarder for at least a couple of months), Cena is better suited for RAW anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back