boy meets world sequel in the works

i'm a cm punk girl

Pre-Show Stalwart
The world has met Cory Matthews — is it time now to meet his daughter? The Disney Channel is in the early stages of developing a Boy Meets World sequel series called Girl Meets World, TVLine has learned exclusively. Sources say that the cable network is trying to land original series stars Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel to revisit their roles of sweethearts Cory and Topanga, who married before their ABC sitcom ended its seven-season run. The new series would center on their preteen daughter.
It's an interesting concept actually and I would love to see the original actors return. I just hope it will be on ABC Family and not on Disney Channel. That would kill it.

I'm a little skeptical about it although the original Boy Meets World was one of my favorite shows. I watched its whole run and kept watching the reruns for years after it ended. Due to my fandom of the original I will give this new show a chance without question. I am concerned that it may disappoint fans of the original though. It shouldn't just be Cory and Topanga who return. Eric would need to return and if possible, Feeny. The two of them were what made the show even if Cory was the true focus of the show. It wouldn't be a true sequel without either Eric or Feeny in some sort of role in the show.

Feeny may be old now but how great would it be if he was the daughter's teacher? Cory finds out his old teacher/principal/professor came out of retirement and his daughter now has him for a teacher, there's your perfect idea for a pilot episode right there. Other characters like Shawn, Jack, and Cory's family will hopefully make at least a cameo or two. The show might or might not do well, only time will tell. I'll be honest in that I am indeed skeptical, however I'll certainly give Girl Meets World a chance. My fingers are crossed that it does well in the end.

Eh, I guess I would give this chance. Obviously, Savage and Fishel have to return. They were the two most important characters on the show, and the storyline for Girl Meets World will revolve around their daughter. William Daniels is an eighty-five year old man. I could see Daniels returning on a cameo basis, but I honestly don't expect him to sign up for a full season.

As far as everyone else goes, I could do without Eric, Angela, and Rachel. Rider Strong should make an appearance or two, because Cory shared a trusted friendship bond Shawn.

I honestly haven't kept up with the cast's post-Boy Meets World career. I remember Rider Strong from Cabin Fever, and Danielle Fishel had a part in one of those of shitty National Lampoon's movies (it was one of the Dorm Daze films, can't remember which one). But yeah, that's about it. I haven't seen anything with Ben Savage or Daniels, and I never had the urge to track down the material.

I'll take a peak at Girl Meets World, because Boy Meets World was a big part of my childhood. Although, it's going to be on the Disney Channel, and their programming is aimed at younger audiences, so I probably won't stick around for a full season.

I loved Boy Meets World when I was growing. It was a great show with lovable characters and life lessons. I always loved how Cory & Topanga were just the perfect couple. It was just one of those one of a kind shows.

That being said, although I'd be interested in seeing how Cory, Topanga, Shawn, Eric, Mr. Feeny, Angela and Co. look now, I feel like they should leave the past in the past. I understand the nostalgia factor they want, but I feel this can only do more harm than good. I'm happy just watching Boy Meets World reruns.

I'll give it one episode, but I doubt I'll be able to watch the whole season. Disney Channel doesn't produce good shows anymore.

I too was a big fan of Boy Meets World, and I actually still watch reruns to this day. I am always skeptical when projects like this are attempted, but if they can get Fishel and Savage back I will at least give it a try. I agree to that most of the other characters should only appear on a cameo basis, but I could see Rider Strong somehow being the next door neighbor or something like that. I will be very skeptical of this series, but due to my love for the original I will at least give it a try.

http://www.eonline.com/news/366872/...ficial-involvement-in-girl-meets-world-sequel

News snippet from a while ago but I figured I'd pass it along in case someone was interested.

Basically says Ben and Danielle have signed on but Rider has not and a statement on his facebook said he's fine with that as it is a new show and should be focused on a new set of characters. For me this is a huge disappointment as I'm sure it is to many people. As soon as I heard about this spinoff being developed I accepted that it was going to be about his daughter and therefore Cory and Shawn would not be a main focus but I looked forward to at least a couple scenes or their not so discreet bromance. To me Cory and Topanga's relationship comes off as a little boring. They have their share of crazy moments but Fishel always laughs or smiles when Savage does something crazy while Rider was able to remain in character which made everything even more hilarious.

At any rate, I'll still give it a watch and hope for the best. At least get Feeny back!! Who will teach me life lessons if he doesn't return.

I liked Boy Meets World back in the day. It was a good show that didn't resort to shock tactics like many of today's television shows do. As for a sequel, I don't think something like that would work in modern times. Back in the day, values were different and times have evolved. I don't think they can approach the same show in the same way and make it work. Just not possible. Especially if it is on Disney or ABC Family. Too cartoony. Who knows though? Crappy cartoons like The Simpsons and Family Guy have been on forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back