Remembering The Shows:Boy Meets World

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
Perhaps,one of my favourite shows during growing up.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JF9MP4ZQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Boy Meets World was an American comedy-drama series that chronicles the events and everyday life lessons of Cory Matthews, played by Ben Savage, a kid from suburban Philadelphia who grows up from a young boy to a married man. The show aired for seven seasons from 1993 to 2000 on ABC, part of the network's TGIF lineup. Reruns are now played on the ABC Family Network.

So,what you think of the show?

I used to watch the reruns of this all the time on Disney Channel when I was younger. This Show was great for one reason to me and that's character development you got to see every one mature and become better people all based on what they had done in previous episodes.

One of the few sitcoms that actually had recurring story lines (at least from year 3 or so on). One of my favorite shows growing up. By the time I was in seventh grade (I think) the show had ended and was re-running on the Disney channel. I started watching one summer and never missed an episode. The humor is very odd for a children's sitcom in that it is off the wall humor. Very unexpected with very few corny setup jokes if you will. Cory probably became my favorite character followed closely by Eric.

[YOUTUBE]wIm4DZ3GqDw[/YOUTUBE]​

Boy Meets World was one of my favorite shows. I watched the reruns of it daily and got to the point where I had some episodes memorized. The cast was very memorable. Eric had an interesting gradual transformation from the sarcastic popular guy in season 1 to the walking source of comedic relief we saw by the final season. Feeny following the kids from grade to grade was impossibly unrealistic, but made for some funny moments. The show went downhill starting with the senior year season because Turner and Eli left, leaving Feeny as the only teacher. The college seasons were pretty bad in comparison, but still funny. There was so much more they could have done but never did. Looking back on the final season, I can relate to what Cory and Topanga went through as newlyweds in those episodes now after having gone through some of the same. Hard to believe it has already been a decade since the show ended.

This is my favorite show of all-time. The cast was great, every episode was great, and I'm still kind of pissed the reruns aren't on TV regularly anymore. Good thing I own the entire set on DVD ;)

Cory, Topanga, Eric, and Shawn were a large part of me growing up. See them grow up, graduate, then go to college, made it seem like they were really my friends, and the last episode ALWAYS makes me cry...

Fantastic show. Loved it growing up. The love stories, the tension between Eric and Cory, Shawn and Jack, Chet not being around for Shawn. All of it was right. Oh wait, before I go on, I must mention, FEENY!!!!! Seriously, Mr. Feeny was amazing, so wise, so kind, so fair. One of the best supporting characters ever. The show was great, and would give you those moments of laughing your ass off, to making you think about what is happening, to moments of sadness. Chet dying, the last episode, Topanga and Cory breaking up, oh and don't forget Mr. Turner getting into a motorcycle accident. That happening to Turner definitely got me sad because I loved him. I should look to buy the seasons, it would be well worth it.

I loved this show growing up. Even as a young adult it's still nice to every once in a while catch an episode of this for old times sake. Boy Meets World was one of my favorite shows when it was on I personally think it's better than 90% of the shows that come on today. As some people have mentioned I enjoyed this show because I had the chance to watch these kids literally grow up and learn life leasons from their parents and teacher(s). I also still believe Boy Meets World has one of the greatest series finale's EVER. It's number 2 following the Scrubs Season 8 Series Finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back