• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Bound For Glory] General Aftermath & Reaction

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Unless it fits one of the major storyline updates, please keep it all in here and remember that this is still a no-spam section of the forum!

Feel free to grade the PPV as a whole or match-by-match if it helps to add context to your post.

EXTREMELY disappointed in the ending. Copy from the PPV thread: "The entire rest of the PPV was solid. The ones who needed to win, won. The show was well worth the money spent and was just waiting for the culmination with Bobby Roode, a homegrown guy, getting the title.

Then it ended THAT way. It felt so sudden and a very abrupt ending the entire thing and left me disappointed in the PPV as a whole. Killed all momentum the rest of the show built up."

I was generally happy with the show until the end.

The natural conclusion to Bobby Roode's journey to maineventer was to win the World Heavyweight Championship at Bound for Glory, TNA's supposed biggest PPV of the year.

That didn't happen.

As a result, I'm betting the entire viewing audience is as disappointed as Bobby Roode right now. I sure am.

It was a great show until the ending. The first 4 matches on the card was really solid matches, and enjoyable. I didn't really pay that much attention too the knockouts match, but a face won on the storyline finale PPV so that's fine. The I-Quit match was ok, although personally I wish AJ and Daniels would just have a regular match instead of a gimmick match. Hogan and Sting was what I expected, but hopefully the Immortal storyline is over because of this. So now comes Bobby Roode vs Kurt Angle. Again, it was a great match until the finish. Not only did Kurt Angle win, which had made the BFG series entirely pointless, but he won with the standard TNA dirty finish, something that the entire PPV didn't have all show. The ending seemed abrupt, and it left me thinking 'OK where's Dixie Carter too restart the match, she has control over the company again right?'. Hopefully, TNA will get alot better from here since the Immortal storyline is over, but that ending made me scratch my head. Good job TNA, you had a good PPV, and you almost had a COMPLETELY enjoyable PPV. You're getting there.

Aries vs Kendrick: ***1/2
RVD vs Lynn: ***1/2
Joe vs Crimson vs Morgan: ***
Anderson vs Bully Ray: ***1/4
Knockouts 4-way: Did Not Watch
AJ vs Daniels: **1/2
Hogan vs Sting: DUD
Bobby Roode vs Kurt Angle: ***1/2

Fucking solid and all sorts of fun. Hell, Sting and Hogan actually did a spectacular job. However the ending really left a sour taste. I get that it wasn't a "Roode HAS to win" thing, but it just looked depressing. You could feel sympathy for Roode but at the same time, the rest of the show seemed to upbeat that it just shifted gears out of the blue. But other than that, it was solid effort and one of the best and funnest shows out there recently.

The ending seemed abrupt, and it left me thinking 'OK where's Dixie Carter too restart the match, she has control over the company again right?'.

I had the exact same thought!

"Dixie just won the company back. She'll come down, reverse the decision and restart the match!"

But it never came :(

I'm disappointed. I think the overall PPV was OK/good and the Hogan/Sting aftermath was so EPIC that is what got it up to OK/good for me.

terrible ending in the Styles/Daniels match. Daniels was a bad ass during the match, saying on mic how he was going to hurt Styles. then Styles has the screw driver and Daniels is crying like a little girl I quit I quit before Styles even does anything?! terrible.

I thought Bully should have won his match, but i'm OK with Anderson winning.

I knew Aries would win his match with Kendrick. hopefully Aries goes on to wrestle better competition in the X division.

I'm glad Velvet won. I think there will be more to come on Impact because Traci came down to make the pin while Karen had green spit in her face. Karen will be pissed.

something I just read on another site that I had forgotten. at the end of the Angle/Roode match the ref used his arms to make an X. apparently that's the sign that the wrestler is legit hurt.
I think it's a shame that TNA could look bad because of the ending if Angle is actually hurt and the match had to be finished a different way than expected.

dixie carter should sue who ever booked that ending they are sabotageing her company

they ruined what would of been a great pay per view i dont think i can even watch tna anymore

im not even a big robert roode fan but roode winning would of showed tna was going in a new direction

all i can say is lol tna lockerroom politics killed your company

I think Roode is definitely going to get another tittle shot. And he will probably win in the next month. The thing is is this was the biggest show of the year for them....to have Roode win at BFG would have been special and very monumental..it will mean less if/when he wins on a pay-per-view such as turning point.etc. Overall I have to say I'm tremendously disappointed with the outcome of the main-event, despite that unfortunate ending, the rest of the show was all-in-all solid I have to say.

I enjoyed the show very much. The ending to RVD vs Jerry Lynn was pretty effin' sick! I loved the storytelling during the Knockouts match, Karen Jarrett played her role as a biased referee to a tee. Although the AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels match was a bit awkward, it's not the end of their feud and I can't wait to see how it'll end. I've never watched Hulk Hogan in his heyday or anywhere outside Impact, but I actually marked out when he saved Sting! I might have felt a little jipped due to the outcome of Kurt Angle vs Bobby Roode, but it's not the end of the freakin' world! Some people need to fix the bunch in their panties.

I was generally happy with the show until the end.

The natural conclusion to Bobby Roode's journey to maineventer was to win the World Heavyweight Championship at Bound for Glory, TNA's supposed biggest PPV of the year.

That didn't happen.

As a result, I'm betting the entire viewing audience is as disappointed as Bobby Roode right now. I sure am.

atleast wwe in its peak had stone cold pin owen hart with his neck broken if angle was legitamatly injured he should of just took a crappy pin like owen hart did

Overall I really enjoyed Bound For Glory. Some decent matches (I missed the first few). Mr Anderson and Bully Ray was pretty good give or take a botch or two it was a good brawl and as I expected. I liked the fact D-Lo Brown got a big pop from the crowd. I never even knew he was part of TNA. The Hogan Sting match was again as I expected as far as in ring action and bleeding goes. I really liked it and it was full of nostalgia...I was always going to enjoy this match but it was better than I thought. Glad to see Hogan a face again and surely that is the last we see of him wrestling in a ring?! I missed the last match but from what I have read Angle won...I really do not understand that outcome at all. Roode is as over as anybody right now in the world of wrestling and giving him the belt to head your company could only be a good thing.

I really enjoyed the show for the most part, loved the fact that Hogan had the crowd eating out of his hand even tho there were quite a few people who tried to tell me the Philly crowd would eat him alive. All in all I liked every match, I personally would have preferred bully ray won, other than that outcome I like all the others.

However, let's now get to the main event. I'm not mad that Kurt angle won, I also wouldn't have been mad had Roode won. What pisses me off is the fact that they decided to go with a screwy finish. I don't care who wins or loses, you don't have a screwy finish to the mainevent of what's suppose to be their wrestlemania. It's just not something I think they should have done. I'll just let Jason Powell from PWTorch call this one: "I never thought I'd write this, but if that's the finish they had planned for the main event, then they really should have gone with the Hogan vs. Sting fight last."

At least than you have a feelgood ending with the crowd going home happy, cause they sure went apeshit for Hogan when he started ripping off that shirt, and were nutting everywhere, had that been the end, at least for the people there they would have prob been able to swallow the result to the title match leaving with the hogan high over the screwy finish.

TNA Bound for Glory - October 16, 2011

1. Austin Aries vs. Brian Kendrick for the TNA X Division Championship - Fun, energetic match to start the ppv off with. Nothing really took place that we haven’t seen out of them in the past, but it was just a good match to start the show off with. The crowd was solidly behind Aries so it’s definitely time for TNA to move him onto feud with someone else as they’re just not buying into Brian Kendrick as the top baby face of the X Division. At least, not while he’s in this ridiculous character he’s got. The match had a good pace with both guys getting in a good amount of offense. There were a few good near falls here and there, such as when Kendrick countered the Brainbuster attempt with the knees and the roll up attempt. After initially avoiding it, Aries eventually takes Sliced Bread from Kendrick but managed to break the count by grabbing the ropes for another nice near fall. Aries does eventually get the clean win, however, after landing a corner dropkick and then hitting the Brainbuster. Aries retains the title about the 10.5 minute mark. The right guy one the match, it was an entertaining match and now it’s time to move Aries on. ***

2. Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn in a Full Metal Mayhem Match - This match turned out to be almost exactly as I figured it would. It was a fun match in some ways but I just wasn’t invested in it. It was definitely a match catered to ECW nostalgia, they are in Philadelphia after all, and were counting on sheer nostalgia to sell the match. There were a lot of dangerous spots in the match that seemed unnecessary involving the head & neck areas. These are the kinds of hardcore matches that have caused such concern over the health of wrestlers. The match was action packed, no doubt, but it just felt like watching one of those old ECW hardcore matches with spots that were done just for the sake of shock value. It wasn’t a terrible match or anything, I was just kinda turned off by all the reckless spots. Also, as I said, they used pure ECW nostalgia to build this match and didn’t really build the match up so I wasn’t really invested and I knew RVD was going to win and he did about the 13 minute mark. Also, what was up with Lynn shaking RVD’s hand afterward? Wasn’t the point supposed to be Lynn being resentful of RVD for overshadowing him? Yet, he just lost another match to him. It’s time to move on with Jerry Lynn. Give him something else to do or future endeavor the guy. **

3. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe in a Triple Threat Match - Decent match but nothing spectacular. Crimson & Morgan initially worked as a team before eventually turning on each other with Joe “outsmarting” them. They had the usual 3 man offense at times, tension was built between Morgan & Crimson and all 3 guys got in some good offense. Morgan splashing Crimson from the top rope looked impressive and I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe, Joe might pull this out. However, Joe eventually eats a spear from Crimson and Crimson gets the win a little past the 7 minute mark. Decent match while it lasted that told a good story. The live Philly crowd is definitely pro heel tonight as Aries & Joe have gotten the reaction the faces are supposed to get. However, to be fair, it’s not as if the faces of Kendrick & Crimson have given them a reason to get behind them. *1/2

4. Mr. Anderson vs. Bully Ray in a Philadelphia Falls Count Anywhere Match - Good solid brawl between these two, though I thought they did a little too much catering to the Philly crowd. The match didn’t have the athleticism that we saw in RVD vs. Lynn but there was much more of a story to this and there were a lot less big head & neck spots. The piledriver Ray performed on Anderson backstage on the concrete I could’ve done without. It’s just a super dangerous move, but it got a rise out of the crowd. Anderson was bleeding and had a couple of rough spots, such as completely screwing up the Senton Bomb by overshooting the table. Anderson pulled himself together and hit the Mic Check on Ray for the win at the 14.5 minute mark. Anderson winning was predictable as he needed to get one solid win over Ray to end their feud. Ray’s gotten the best of Anderson generally so Anderson needed something to come out of this looking good. **1/2

5. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky vs. Winter vs. Madison Rayne in a Four Corners Match for the TNA Knockouts Championship - This match was a friggin’ train wreck, that’s really all you can say about it. There was some decent action but it was just this overbooked mess. Karen Jarrett was the special referee in the match and it was just…eh it was just the old story of the crooked ref showing preference to the heels. So, of course, a face was going to win. Nothing wrong with that so long as the antics don’t overshadow the match, but that’s exactly what happened. About the 7.5 minute mark, Winter goes to drink that blood acid or whatever it is but accidentally hits Karen with it. Velvet Sky ultimately gets the win by pinning Madison Rayne at the 8.5 minute mark to win her first Knockouts Title. Awful match but it’s nice to see Velvet get the title. 1/2*

6. AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in an I Quit Match - I was looking forward to this match as we’ve seen some really good stuff from them in the past, but I was really quite disappointed here. For one thing, looking back at this match, it’s a match stipulation featuring two guys that are definitely in a match that caters to what they bring,. Neither of these guys are known for being “tough guys” nor are they known for being vicious or for really doing anything to make a guy submit. It seemed as though Daniels spent most of this match cutting a promo on Styles rather than really trying to make him say I Quit. The business with the screwdriver was just outright laughable. It coupled with Daniels’ rantings just made everything that happened in this match extremely difficult to believe. Suspension of disbelief is a big part to enjoying wrestling, but you know that you ain’t gonna see someone stabbed with a friggin’ screwdriver in a wrestling match. There was some good action but it was definitely below the usual Styles vs. Daniels level. The ending killed this match with Styles having the screwdriver after pulling it out of the turnbuckle. Daniels said that he quit to end the match around the 14 minute mark. The post match featured Styles playing to the crowd only for Daniels to jump him from behind. Daniels said “He never beat me” followed by “Who is the winner now?” Just a disappointment really and I’m kinda wanting this feud to be over. No matter what happens, Daniels is ALWAYS going to be in Styles’ shadow. *1/2

Jeff Jarrett & Jeff Hardy - Basically, this was exactly what I figured it’d be once I realized it was gonna be a promo segment and not a match. Jarrett taunts Hardy, Jarrett says no one wants Hardy around, says the fans don’t want him, etc. So, of course, Hardy’s music hits and here he comes out to a good reaction. Hardy said he had only one thing to say to him, then kicked Jarrett in the gut and they started fighting. Of course, here comes Al Snow & D’Lo Brown with security to pull them apart. Standard TNA pull apart brawl. Just pointless filler really. Thumbs Down

7. Sting vs. Hulk Hogan in a No DQ Match for control of TNA - Hogan comes out wearing a pair of jeans, red knee pads and a white shirt. Yeah, Hogan’s getting cut open here. They show a shot of Dixie Carter clapping frantically for Sting as they make the introductions. Generally speaking, yeah the match pretty much sucked. It was the general punch + kick repeat formula that we were expecting. Flair was out there with Hogan and provided a little interference, including giving Hogan a foreign object to hit Sting with. Sting gets cut open. Hogan actually takes a couple of slight back bumps in the match. He also takes a Stinger Splash in the corner before getting locked in the Scorpion Deathlock. Hogan taps out at the 9.5 minute mark to give Sting the win. Out comes Immortal and they begin beating on Sting. For some inexplicable reason, Hogan turns face and starts beating on his old crew to help Sting. Of course, the nostalgia freaks are going nuts over this as we’re seeing the old Hulk Hogan back, turning on his own flunkies and beating up guys half his age. Surprisingly, this thing wasn’t the convoluted cluster I expected it to be, which actually made the match better than I was expecting. It still wasn’t a good match by any stretch and the surprise face turn of Hulk Hogan made absolutely no sense whatsoever and pretty much renders most of what Hulk Hogan has done throughout the entire year so far irrelevant. *1/4

8. Kurt Angle vs. Bobby Roode for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship - This was a fun, competitive match but it wasn’t as good as it could have been. With Angle legitimately injured with a groin pull, you could tell that he wasn’t in top form. Still, he and Roode put on a competitive, good back and forth match with both guys looking strong. It was a good match, but it wasn’t a great match and plenty of people are going to be disappointed in the ending. Angle is able to hit the Angle Slam on Roode and gets the win at the 14 minute mark by holding onto the second rope. It was a solid main event match, but it wasn’t what we were hoping it’d be. I’m not surprised to see Roode lose here as TNA has spent weeks building him up with half the locker room saying he was gonna win the title. I’m glad they didn’t have a lot of interference out there and gave a good, clean match for the most part. **¾

Overall Show - Bound for Glory is TNA’s biggest ppv of the year. Overall, I thought the show was under whelming. It certainly wasn’t the kind of show that one would expect from the biggest show of the year. None of the matches particularly stood out and what this show will ultimately be remembered for was Hulk Hogan turning face again, even though it made no sense whatsoever. Many of the matches were underhyped but the wrestlers did what they could. The opening match between Aries & Kendrick was a fun X Division match that started the show off well. RVD vs. Jerry Lynn was kind of a turn off and so much like an old school ECW match that it just didn’t click for me. It just seemed like a match in which they were doing things just for the sake of doing big spots than anything else. Crimson vs. Matt Morgan vs. Samoa Joe was ok but ultimately meaningless and came across as nothing more but filler. Mr. Anderson & Bully Ray put on a good solid street fight that put more emphasis on telling a story and having fans connect with the wrestlers rather than a bunch of spots. The Knockouts match was a train wreck. Just a very piss poor match. Velvet Sky got the win but it was really overshadowed by a horrible match. Styles vs. Daniels was also a big disappointment for me. The I Quit stipulation really takes both these two out of their element and puts them somewhere where they just don’t fit in. Daniels’ talking throughout so much of the match took away from it and the use of the screwdriver was just extremely bad. Hogan vs. Sting wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be, but it still wasn’t a good match. At least it wasn’t the overbooked cluster I expected. The aftermath with Hogan suddenly turning face made no sense whatsoever and just ultimately seemed more like Hogan stealing the show, which he ultimately did because that’s easily going to be the most talked about thing on the show. Angle vs. Roode was a very solid, competitive main event match but Angle retaining is certainly not what most people wanted to see. I expected Roode to lose given all the build up for him over the past several weeks. It didn’t take away from the match all that much in my view, but you could tell that Angle wasn’t up to snuff.

Grade: C-

I noticed at the end of the match the ref did the "X" sign and seeing how Angle was helped outa the ring that suggests (to me) that Angle got hurt which led to the abrupt, shitty ending but still :disappointed:

This is all I have to say.

For the most part I enjoyed Bound for glory, I even somewhat enjoyed Hogan vs. Sting and with Hogan turning face gave a satisfying conclusion but that ending had to be the absolute worst thing they could have done.

Now Roode is my guy in TNA and he isn't ready to be champion I get that but this is TNA's biggest PPV of the year and to book this would have been so fucking simple if they didn't want Roode to be champ, here are some of the SIMPLE things you could have done:

1) Roode and Angle have a TREMENDOUS match with Angle winning clean, maybe put Roode in the Ankle lock wrap the grapevine, Roode DOESN'T tap and passes out, Angle Wins.

2) Go the WM9 route and have Angle win cheap (even how he did it) only for someone to come out and win it after (like AJ or fuck EVEN HOGAN, Hogan just turned face so WHY NOT? It's not like he has to wrestle again, just have him give up the title and win for redemption cuz of all the shit he pulled over the last year).

3) Roode has Angle beat, Storm runs down, breaks the bottle over Roode's head, Angle wins and it sets up a Roode vs. Storm angle.

Any of those would have been a better way to go, that ending completely made me shake my head in embarrassment, this is why I have zero faith in TNA.

Well the PPV wasn’t bad with some solid Matches. Was anyone else here thinking Rock/Hogan at WM 18 when Sting & Hogan got together after the Match? Angle/Roode and the finish I don’t know what to say but What?

They build up Roode to win the Title and they end it like that? I just can’t wrap my head around it but this is TNA we are talking about so why bother trying. Now I know why my PPV Money goes to the WWE.

I watched the end of the Angle/Roode match again on youtube. back and forth with Angle getting an Angle slam on Roode near the ropes then using the ropes to help in a pin. then Angle stood up before falling back onto his back. that is when the ref came over to check on him and put up the X sign. even after that Angle was able to stand up and raise the title. it was after that he was helped out of the ring. so he didn't seem to appear to be hurt enough to where they had to change the finish from what would have been planned.

This is all I have to say.

For the most part I enjoyed Bound for glory, I even somewhat enjoyed Hogan vs. Sting and with Hogan turning face gave a satisfying conclusion but that ending had to be the absolute worst thing they could have done.

Now Roode is my guy in TNA and he isn't ready to be champion I get that but this is TNA's biggest PPV of the year and to book this would have been so fucking simple if they didn't want Roode to be champ, here are some of the SIMPLE things you could have done:

1) Roode and Angle have a TREMENDOUS match with Angle winning clean, maybe put Roode in the Ankle lock wrap the grapevine, Roode DOESN'T tap and passes out, Angle Wins.

2) Go the WM9 route and have Angle win cheap (even how he did it) only for someone to come out and win it after (like AJ or fuck EVEN HOGAN, Hogan just turned face so WHY NOT? It's not like he has to wrestle again, just have him give up the title and win for redemption cuz of all the shit he pulled over the last year).

3) Roode has Angle beat, Storm runs down, breaks the bottle over Roode's head, Angle wins and it sets up a Roode vs. Storm angle.

Any of those would have been a better way to go, that ending completely made me shake my head in embarrassment, this is why I have zero faith in TNA.

OR they could have pushed Roode to the point where he is the inexperienced one that loses...which they did?

Roode falls short and Storm wins the title. Leading to a heel turn where Roode is angry at Storm.

Bingo.

Fact is, this hype was to build a new main eventer. They did it. Ending wasn't great and hard to swallow but the payoff can be good. We don't know yet. Please, you would have zero faith if they put the belt on him. You JUST said he wasn't ready, now you complain they didn't put the title on him.

Well the PPV wasn’t bad with some solid Matches. Was anyone else here thinking Rock/Hogan at WM 18 when Sting & Hogan got together after the Match? Angle/Roode and the finish I don’t know what to say but What?

They build up Roode to win the Title and they end it like that? I just can’t wrap my head around it but this is TNA we are talking about so why bother trying. Now I know why my PPV Money goes to the WWE.

1. Angle appeared to be injured.

2. Your money goes to WWE because you like gloried shitty overbooked matches (Punk/Triple H anyone?) and your a WWE mark and that's cool. Your personal taste is your business.

I'd still take this PPV over anything WWE has produced recently. The ending is questionable but the entire PPV was still a joy to watch.

OR they could have pushed Roode to the point where he is the inexperienced one that loses...which they did?

Roode falls short and Storm wins the title. Leading to a heel turn where Roode is angry at Storm.

Bingo.

Fact is, this hype was to build a new main eventer. They did it. Ending wasn't great and hard to swallow but the payoff can be good. We don't know yet. Please, you would have zero faith if they put the belt on him. You JUST said he wasn't ready, now you complain they didn't put the title on him.

I swear to god Dizzy your idiocy's simply amaze me some days.

A) They DIDN'T build a new main eventer.

B) I don't care that Roode didn't win, he's my guy but if he isn't ready then why have Roode in the Main Event?

C) Your payoff comes at your BIGGEST PPV of the year, not on iMPACT not at their next PPV. Like I said, if Roode lost like that then just have storm beat him AT the PPV. SIMPLE! DONE!

D) Stupid Fucking Booking. STUPID! If you can't see that then you're an idiot.

PS you obviously didn't watch Money In The Bank if you think that BFG was better than anything WWE did. That PPV was near flawless.

Seriously, other than the ending, I think this PPV is better than anything WWE has done lately. The card from top to bottom was solid. I know somebody is going to say the Cena/Punk match was good, and yes it was, but the rest of that PPV as a whole wasn't good in my opinion. This PPV was really good up until the ending.
The Sting/Hogan match was better than what I expected, which I had low expectations, but it was still good, and I even got hyped up when Hogan ripped off his shirt.
I think the best match of the night was Jerry Lynn/RVD, that match was brutal and the way RVD did that Van Terminator was awesome!
The AJ/Daniels match was good; Daniels getting scared at the end was kind of weird, but he redeemed himself after he hit the Angels Wings on the stage after the match.
The main event was very solid, up until the ending. All the counters to their finishing moves was beautiful in my mind. But the ending was weird, but the ref did do the X to signify an injury, and Angle was working injured to begin with, so I wonder if that plays into it at all. And if he is legit injured, I'm wondering to what extent and what that will do for the title picture? I think Roode will get a rematch and will win it then, but it wouldn't be as significant as if he won it at BFG.

I watched Bound For Glory for two matches. Sting vs Hogan (beings how Sting is my all time favorite) and for Angle vs Roode. And I must say, I enjoyed the show quite a bit. It was a very good PPV. The Hogan vs Sting match actually ended up being much better than I was expecting. The Hogan face turn afterwards seemed a little forced, but I still enjoyed it. Hogan might not be able to take bumps or move around the ring with ease anymore, but he can still get a crowd fired up.

The only part of the PPV I was extremely disappointed in was the Roode vs Angle finish. Bound For Glory is TNA's Wrestlemania. They built up Roode to win the TNA Championship, yet they end it like that? This made the entire BFG Series pointless. Roode will eventually win the title, but he should have won tonight. It doesn't make sense to have Angle winning. I don't know, I'm disappointed in TNA for that. Other than that though, I enjoyed Bound For Glory.

I watched from begining to end and every match on the card... minus the freaking preshow match delieverd. I kinda saw everything coming just by keeping score of who was winning, and the fact that if I am mistaken only two heels won tonight. As to the ending... I am almost certain that it was not supposed to end like it did as I saw the ref in plain sight throw up the "X" following the finish. I don't know if it was a hurried finish, or if Dixie WAS supposed to restart the match, but I knew as soon as I saw Brian throw up the "X" that nothing else was gonna happen. Angle went into this match with a legitimate injury and still put on and epic match, but I honestly believe he got more injured at the end, thus causing the bad ending. That's just my theory on the ending. As for the overall show, I would have to give it a solid B based on the matches... hell, I even got excited when Velvet won. Sting/Hogan actually impressed me. I had read where Hogan had said he would not take any bumps, yet we all saw him hitting the mat. I didn't know HOW sting was gonna win, but I knew he was going to just from a logic point, but the match or fight or whatever it was actually didn't totally suck and was at least watchable. Just my opinion... Feel free to flame me for it.

look...i like tna...im a fan...go to house shows...ppvs as well...didnt have money for bfg package but got plane ticket to hold onto. after what i saw on tv...im glad i didnt blow $956 (fan interraction, hotel, front row seat) I wont say it was garbage but it was pretty crappy for a BFG. The hulk face turn was ok i guess but for the most part the matches felt rushed...not surprised roode didnt win, didnt really expect him to. I always thought tna needed to make BFG longer and this year especially I really felt it would have helped out w how short most of the matches were. Besides most of the matches not given enough time, my only other disappointment was how the daniels/aj match ended

In any sporting event, and wrestling still follows this, you're paying money for the PPV for the main event. Sure, if there's other great matches on the card then that just makes the PPV better and makes spending that money even more worth while. But you're buying the PPV for the main event. It's as simple as that.

If the rest of the card is mediocre but the main event is great then its still worth it for the most part. But if the rest of the card is good but the main event is bullshit and ends in a completely anti-climatic and disappointing way, then that takes away from the entire PPV. This PPV is a prime example of that.

TNA (and anyone who defends their booking in the main event) are complete idiots. You don't build upthe Bound for Glory series for months upon months only to make it entirely pointless by having the winner lose and go nowhere. There has to be a payoff and there wasn't. You don't build up a new star like Bobby Roode by having him lose at the biggest PPV of the year and then win at the next one or on fucking Impact. You build it up so the PAYOFF is on the biggest stage of the entire year, which your entire fanbase is PAYING for.

This is exactly what's wrong with TNA.

And if Kurt Angle was injured before the match even happened and went into this match injured, only to get injured further, then why in the hell didn't he drop the title to Roode on the biggest PPV of the year? What possible reason or common sense can TNA find to have their injured champion beat the wrestler they've built up as the next champion and next star? So now Angle goes and does what, gives up the title without losing it, making the Bound for Glory series and the PPV match with Roode POINTLESS? Or he drops the belt quickly to Roode, doing the very exact same thing? Pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back