• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Bound For Glory] Kurt Angle v. ?

jamel21

Dark Match Winner
Over the weekend (well since sunday) i've really been wondering who'd be the best opponent for Kurt at Bound For Glory for the championship or who would put on the best match with him (If indeed he's still champion).

Robert/Bobby Roode- I think it would be a good match, but not really who i'm looking forward to.

Samoa Joe- Would also be a good match but I doubt it'll happen.

"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero- See Samoa Joe.

Scott Steiner- Now i'm a pretty devoted TNA fan and have been for some time but if this was to main event the PPV I would'nt even watch Bound For Glory on a live stream.:disappointed:

Rob Van Dam- Now I think this would be a great match and I would'nt mine seeing this if it was a few years ago. Yeah I know they both can still "go"

Devon- Won't happen, also see Scott Steiner.:banghead:

AJ Styles- Certainly wouldn't mind.

Bully Ray- For some weird reason also would'nt mind, but won't happen.

James Storm- Doubt.

Matt Morgan- Out, sadly.

Gunner- The match I wanna see the most for some reason and the one i'm really pushing for.

Crimson- The most likely one.

Now i've given my opinion, what's yours?

Samoa Joe is more likely than mostly everyone on that list. He actually has a storyline as he has been screwed for several weeks in a row and now, by far, has the lowest score in the tournament. More than likely, he is going to make a huge comeback.

Crimson is not doing it, he is not main eventing the biggest PPV of the year for TNA.

Robert Roode is more likely than Crimson, IMO. However, he holds the tag titles with James Storm. I don't see them splitting them up this quick to give Roode a run at the title at the biggest show of the year.

AJ Styles and Rob Van Dam, very possible but both are in story lines with Daniels and Jerry Lynn respectively.

Bully Ray, Devon and Gunner ain't main eventing Bound For Glory.

The Pope is possible but given the push they have given him lately, it's unlikely.

Matt Morgan is out, so he can't win the tournament.

Robert/Bobby Roode - I do fully expect Roode to end up being in the top four at No Surrender. Roode's been piling wins after win up like Joe piles tacos. Is he going to win the four way and go on to face Angle and beat him? I think so. Management seems to be high on Roode and so are the fans. Roode knows how to cut a good promo and most importantly - knows how to work a crowd. I can see Roode doing it without a doubt.

Samoa Joe - I won't be shocked if it happens, I'll tell you that much. They're going somewhere with Joe. Hopefully he won't go back to running around with a dick on his face. But whatever it is that they do with Joe, I doubt it'll be a title match against Angle at BFG.

"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero - I don't really like Pope's gimmick and I doubt he'll do much in the BFG series. Pope needs to be built up for real for about a year or so. He's a great wrestler, very charismatic and athletic. Easy to root for. Not his time now, hopefully it will be next year.

Scott Steiner - No chance. Scotty's there to yell and make us giggle.

Rob Van Dam - I like RVD at times, but his time passed. He already had his 15 minutes of fame and didn't do anything noteworthy with them.

Devon - Won't happen but I must give props to D-Von. He's been impressive lately. He's very energetic and the crowd gets behind him in the nick of time. He'll be a great mid-carder for sure. Winner of BFG Series? Nah.

AJ Styles - I hope so. I really, really do. I don't think it'll happen but I damn sure hope it does. AJ vs Angle will not only be a possible Match of the Year candidate but it's the perfect stage for a new AJ Styles reign. I want to see it because I'm an AJ mark but I doubt the company's too big on the idea and I understand why. Still I'll be rooting for my boy as always.

Bully Ray - I love Bully Ray and I would love him even more if he contested for the title and won it. However I really don't think that this is the way he should do it. To me the BFG Series are meant to introduce someone new to the Main Event scene. Bully Ray is someone new, but he's already over as a motherfucker. Someone else needs this.

James Storm - Storm is becoming more and more impressive each week. At times he's better than Roode. Highly doubt he'll win it but I wouldn't mind it ONE bit if he did. I love James Storm.

Matt Morgan - Too bad he's injured. The possibility of him winning it was huge.

Gunner - I like Gunner but he needs more time to work on who he is. Not his time right now. The belt and winning the Series won't do anything for his still undevelopped character.

Crimson - Could happen. Would I like to see Angle vs Crimson? Sure, if Crimson gets on the mic some more and builds this feud up. However something tells me Crimson will be facing someone else ...

[youtube]rasUgdeZ_OI&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]​

Im thinking Joe aswell, Angle and him have history, and the storyline he is building could be potentially huge. Angle and Joe would put on a match.

The next likely one is Crimson, I don't really think they will let im lose his undefeated streak through this tournament and it is highly likely that they will have him in the main event against Kurt Angle, i mean, they have been building him for a while now

It's a pitty Morgan got injured, i really thought this would have been his time to be world champ

Samoa Joe is more likely than mostly everyone on that list. He actually has a storyline as he has been screwed for several weeks in a row and now, by far, has the lowest score in the tournament. More than likely, he is going to make a huge comeback.

Crimson is not doing it, he is not main eventing the biggest PPV of the year for TNA.

Robert Roode is more likely than Crimson, IMO. However, he holds the tag titles with James Storm. I don't see them splitting them up this quick to give Roode a run at the title at the biggest show of the year.

AJ Styles and Rob Van Dam, very possible but both are in story lines with Daniels and Jerry Lynn respectively.

Bully Ray, Devon and Gunner ain't main eventing Bound For Glory.

The Pope is possible but given the push they have given him lately, it's unlikely.

Matt Morgan is out, so he can't win the tournament.

so you basically are eliminating everybody from the BFG series (when 1 of them is gonna end up getting the title match at BFG in the main event) besides Scott Steiner and Samoa Joe? really? really? REALLY? scott steiner has no shot in hell at even making the top 4 and samoa joe currently has minus 10 points in the standings i know he could still come back and win but it wont happen tna management clearly doesnt see this guy as someone who draws sense he hasnt done shit this year.

but my choice for who i think is gonna win the BFG series (sense thats basically what this thread is) are Bobby Roode,James Storm,Gunner and Crimson i personally think their gonna be the top 4 in the tournament i thought morgan was gonna win it all but hes hurt so thts not gonna happen sadly...do i think crimson is ready? hell no...do i think it would be a good match? yes angle can make anybody look good in a match and crimson had a good match with RVD. then theres gunner who i personally think is ready for the main event but i dont see him winning the BFG series...i could see Roode or Storm picking up some big victorys to knock Crimson out of first without his undefeated streak ending (it is possible) then going on to face Angle (most likley Roode if this was gonna happen) but the most obvious choice is Crimson vs Kurt Angle "Undefeated Streak vs Title" i see it happening but we will see

Robert Roode

I think if he's going to go singles, the time is fast approaching. He's a tremendously talented guy, who could make it... if other people were running the show.

Samoa Joe

Is he going to be spitting mad for the next couple of months? If so, he could be the guy. He and Angle could have a good match. I say "good" because Joe grows fatter and fatter by the minute, and just isn't in the ring shape he was even a year or two ago. I'm hoping for someone else, but if Joe can drop a few between now and BFG, I'd be fine with it.

"The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero

No. Plain and simple - no.

Scott Steiner

:lmao: The promos would be epic... but no. Scotty can barely go five minutes these days. I mean, Jesus, he can't even punch with any sort of velocity. It's over. However, I hope he sticks around, because he's as funny as they come.

Rob Van Dam

I don't feel the need for another RVD title run. He's half the wrestler he was five years ago, and still doesn't have a character to speak of. I used to be a huge mark for this guy... like ten years ago. I'll pass.

Devon

Devon Dudley? If this were anywhere besides TNA, I wouldn't go any higher than 0%. But, this is TNA, so he has at least a 1% chance of being in this match. It won't happen, as I'm quite positive even Hogan and Russo understand we're talking about Devon fucking Dudley.

AJ Styles

Of course, like any good internet smark, this is who I'm hoping for. He and Angle put on nothing but 4-to-5 star matches, and I have no reason to believe this wouldn't go that same route. I still think A.J.'s the best guy they have, but would this be the epic storyline Hogan is undoubtedly looking for? Can AJ make some ridiculous, unnecessary heel turn? He can, obviously, but if that's the plan, I'd rather he hang around the mid card.

Seriously, I want A.J. in that match.

Bully Ray

Story wise, this would be solid. Bubba might be the best "character" they have right now. However, the match would stink, and I can't help but remember, constantly, that Bubba is a tag team guy, and shouldn't be anything more. He's proving me wrong, but I think it's a bit too late.

James Storm

No. If it's going to be a member of Beer Money, please, let the other one have it. Roode is better than Storm, across the board. I can't see this guy making it that far.

Matt Morgan

I thought this was his year (or fall, I should say). I honestly thought the main event at BFG would end up being Morgan vs. Styles in an epic encounter. Well... I was wrong. Even if Morgan hadn't been injured, no way Hogan's letting two relative unknowns (in Hogan's eyes) main even this PPV, BRRRRRRRother! Those spots are reserved for guys who draw money, JACK!

Gunner

The security guard? That's right, I'm still calling him the security guard, because in my eyes, that's what he is. Is he as bad as I'm making him out to be? No, not even close. Actually, he isn't as terrible as I'd imagined he'd be at this point in time. However, he's not ready for this, and I'm not convinced he ever will be.

Crimson

This is the best bet you could make. Do I like it? No, because I don't see the "monster" Hogan does. I think he's a skinny, really green guy, who needs work. I think he has a future, but I don't understand the "monster" thing. He's not a big guy, damnit, FACE IT! Anyway, I think he's the guy who will face Angle. I don't like it, but that's what I'd put money on.

After seeing that Goldberg video leaked today I think it could be him....Hogan has been lobbying to get him there, Goldbergs chance with WWE was done after not being at WM in ATL

If Goldberg signed, make no mistake they'd put him in the Main Event some way

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-way dance at BFG 2011 between Angle, Sting & the winner of the BFG Tournament. I think Angle & Sting will have a rematch at No Surrender, and (as usual) "nothing will be solved"! Haha! So, TNA will make it a three-way dance at BFG. I could be way off, but that's just my initial thought.

As for the winner of the BFG Tournament, my money is on either Gunner or Crimson. I think the whole point of this Tournament was to elevate a "fresh face" to the main-event scene, not an older guy who's already been there (or had their chance & blew it). I don't think any of the older talent in the tournament will win (IE: Devon, Scott Steiner, Rob Van Dam or Bully Ray), although if one of them has a shot - it's Bully Ray. They've been pushing Ray a lot lately, but my best guess is that he'll still be feuding with Mr. Anderson at BFG. RVD might also have a shot at winning the tournament, but it looks like he might be busy...since TNA is setting up a feud for him and Jerry Lynn.

Since Devon & "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero are involved in their own storyline, I don't think either of them will win the tournament. Samoa Joe is a long-shot, and doesn't seem too likely...seeing as he has, what? Negative 10 points right now? Probably not gonna happen (although Angle/Joe would be a good main-event match for BFG 2011). AJ Styles could go all the way, but I think they have him wrapped up in a storyline with Daniels right now. I don't think we'll be seeing AJ in the main event in 2011 at all (at least not until November, at the earliest). Matt Morgan could come back after his injury and gain enough points to win the tournament, but it seems highly unlikely. I doubt that Bobby Roode or James Storm will win this thing either, seeing as how they're the current TNA tag champs. Maybe if they drop the straps soon, but I just don't see that happening within the next two months. I think they'll have a tag match (and possibly split up) at BFG.

Out of Gunner & Crimson (the only two I didn't eliminate), my pick would be Gunner. I know Crimson has his "streak" right now, but TNA already allowed Gunner to pin Sting & Anderson on Impact. I know at least one of those pins happened during a tag match (the pin on Sting, I think), but it seems to me that TNA has more faith in Gunner right now. I also really like Zeven_Zion's idea for an opponent for Crimson at BFG...that could be huge, although not very likely.

The major problem with this, is that Angle vs. Gunner (or Angle vs. Crimson, for that matter) won't draw money. This is the main reason why I see the main event at BFG being Angle vs. Sting vs. Gunner. That's my prediction for the main event at BFG.

For some reason, i'm thinking that Angle will face Crimsom, the reason is simple, TNA is giving him this huge underserve push right now, for god sake, he beat RVD at the PPV. Personally, i would have love to see Joe getting the title shot but he's pretty much out of it right now with -10 points. A.J would have been a good match but again he's pretty much out of it.

The worst one out of the possibilities would be a Devon vs Angle at Bound for glory. I'm saying that mostly because who really give a damn about Devon at a single wrestlers. Out of him and Bubba, i think Bubba is doing a better job as a single wrestler but for some reason right now Devon is higher in the ranking and with only 4 weeks left before the end of the tournament, i could see Devon making it to the final 4 match.

Okay, so, I'm not the biggest Impact Wrestling fan, though with my markish nature, and my love for Kennedy....Anderson, Joe, Pope, Aries, Kaz, and Styles, I should be. There are a littany of reasons why IW can't hold my attention, but I'm not going to get into them. THAT being said, I do drop in and check out IW's show, and results time to time.

Samoa Joe is a LOCK. Bet on it. There are two reasons why they would make Samoa Joe have -10 in the BFG Tourney.

1.) He is getting fired. And while i wouldn't rule this out, I think cooler heads will prevail. Despite Punk's alleged pull, Joe knows he stands a far better chance on IW than WWE. And ROH isn't even an option right now, as those fgans would eat him alive, given his current physique, and sluggish nature.

or

2.) They are setting him up for a monumental comeback, one that will be talked about for years. i mean the gimmick writes itself. Samoa Joe is down, but he turns it into aggression, and starts submitting everyone, and some "Costly" errors are made by everyone else, and he is the better for it.

Joe vs. Angle tore it up. They put on an amazing couple of matches, including the shoot fight, which i enjoyed. i think it's time to revisit this fued, and see what we can get out of them. I desperately want Joe to win the belt. He deserves it, if by nothing else, his body of work. Plus, I'm not going to lie, having two ROH legends hold the two of the top three belts in the buisness at the same time (or perhaps all three- I'm looking at you Daniel Bryan) damn near gives me a boner, and tells me that people, that FANS still care about wrestling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back