• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booker T's TNA Career So Far: Can You Dig It, Sucka!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
he was pushed as a big name for ratings, dropping everything for him and giving him the title straightaway would be the obvious way to do it and people wouldnt feel he'd earned a shot above say joe who'd worked for it. because we'd bitch about a wwe reject getting straight to the title.

I do get where Khali is coming from. But if they did it the way you say, then what cracker said would happen.

What they could have done was have a Angle vs Booker for a while which Booker loses, but because of something like Kurt used the ropes to pin him. Then gets a rematch at next PPV for the title. Wins. Then, maybe even another match for title next ppv, where after a LONG match he retains the title. Then after Booker gives out a chalange to any TNA star who wants the title to come out... First they could have done it with Robert roode, which would end up being a great match like Kaz vs Kurt was, but Booker wins. Then next PPV another challenge where another mid carder gets the push, maybe james storm, or maybe just have cage which would be nice to see, i am not sure about this one.

Finally when he issues the next chalange you have joe come out. You have him say things like the past few months he has had it easy and that he was the one who deserved the title shot more than anyone! Have him go all crazy and shit. Booker accepts, great build up over impacts and to a great PPV where Samoa Joe becomes Champion!!!

I don't know about what you guys think, but i just came up with this as I was writing away. This would BOTH milk Bookers star power, AND he would accomplish what he wants, which is putting over TNA talent. Looking back at what i propose, he makes other TNA talent look good by them coming close to beating him. In a sense he would make them famous ;)

Then they can go and do something like Booker vs Sting :) ahh that would be nice :)

I would have Samoa Joe keep the title for at least 4-6 months before dropping it to another TNA star. I highly recommend that star to be AJ styles. AJ is a top wrestler, and now they gave him a character and he can speak on the mike and is funny. By then he will be the total package :)

Sorry for rambling on for so long. That's just what I would like to have seen. Of course it may have been slightly different once more time gets put into refining my ideas.

I don't see Booker T fitting. I like the Roode angle with him but it's too long. Everyone knew when Vince stopped backing PWA or whatever Booker was headed to Planet Jarrett and he did. Problem is, and I love TNA, they don't have anything between X division and heavyweight title. They need a mid-card title. That would make things so much different. Give guys like Robert Roode, Booker T, Kaz, James Storm, and any others a chance at title prestige and working their way up the ladder other than in useless gimmicks and feuds (Sharmell's jaw breaking)

Bookers TNA career has so far been less than stellar. In fact, its borderline bad. He came in with plenty of momentum and is always over with the fans. Debuting in the main event was the smartest thing for TNA to do with him. Unfortunately for Booker, they followed that up with the dumbest move by sticking him in a feud with Robert Roode. Not only was that feud pointless (like most of TNA) but it took nearly all of Booker's momentum. He may be headed down a better road now, but seeing as the Roode feud makes up most of his TNA tenure, I'd call it a bust.

Everyone on a whole seems to be bitching about the same thing. Ex-WWE to top of TNA.

Let's iron this out, nobody is saying he should have had the strap by now. Just that he should be higher up the card, or putting on better matches/feuds. And to be honest, I agree. Booker took a long time to climb to the championship in WWE, but when he signed he feuded with Austin, came as close to ending HHH's reign of terror as anyone, and was entertaining outside of the ring.

In TNA, he's been bogged down in one feud, his character isn't coming through, and he's not put on any decent matches (The AJ one on Impact withstanding).

So far, I'd have to say that he's not had a big impact (excuse the pun) in TNA. His arrival was well built up, but I have to say he should have been fed a few mid card heels, then pushed against a top heel. Personally I'd have fed him Black Reign and Rellik, then gave him the Roode. Then moved on to Judas Messias. A steady growth, he can be a headliner without being a maineventer

Booker T's stale, that's the problem. And they really need to stop using wrestlers wives on screen, especially Booker's.. she's a negative to him, not a positive. I don't see how anyone can bash Robert Roode though, he's improved significantly and in my opinion claiming he doesn't have the look, etc, is ridiculous... he entirely has the look, he's fine on the mic (especially compared to most of the roster), and he can wrestle. He's got the entire package and potential, it falls back on the bookers to actually use that potential right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back