• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Booker T's TNA Career So Far: Can You Dig It, Sucka!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Well, I was quite surprised to find that the TNA forum didn't have a Booker T thread. At least, a Booker T thread that's been posted in since September.

Now, we all know that TNA acquiring Booker was a big morale boost, blah blah blah. But really? What's his value to the company, what has he done for them? Two recent World Heavyweight Champions in Angle and Booker may have drawn big, and given the TNA title soon a sense of legitimacy. They could have at least held off repeating Angle/Cage and Angle/Joe for the umpteenth times, the value of which is not relevant.

But instead, we get this big drawn out feud with Robert Roode, and I don't even see the guy going anywhere. Roode's still the same guy in my eyes that he has been for the past year on so, but Booker's status has been downgraded considerably and I no longer take him that seriously as a main event presence. When he does show up I hardly even notice him. I mean, Jesus, there could have at least been a feud with Christian.

So, Booker's TNA career so far: has it had any impact or given up any entertainment value whatsoever?

This has nothing to do with Booker leaving WWE, so save whatever you have to say about that.

I have to agree, as much as I like Booker T in TNA, his impact has been minimal at best. But, really, it isn't his fault. He requested to have a feud with Robert Roode because he saw potential in him...how it has been booked is a different story. I think the feud would have been so much better if the ladies hadn't gotten involved. And yes, when this feud is over with, I see both guys in the same place in value as they were before.

Hopefully they push Booker to the Title, or at least to contender status, to shake up the main event a little bit. He deserves it, and I think he could have great feuds with Angle or AJ Styles (good match they had on Impact), if handled properly.

But yes, his impact has been small. I, personally, am excited for Booker to start off with a clean slate...

Booker needs more wins and some charisma, you could tell sitting out on Impact each week and being all serious about his wife isn't what anybody expected. Having Sharmell as on screen character is strange, it only worked back in WWE when Booker was heel. I'd prefer to see more of the ''Can You Dig It Sucka?'' attitude rather than treating him like a legend all the time, that he may be but it doesn't suit Booker seeing as he's not planning to retire any time soon. Putting him in a feud with Bobby Roode straight away was a bad move, Booker T was mean to enter TNA as a high carder seeing as most people know who he is, Robert Roode didn't deserve a rivalry with him yet seeing as he hadn't done very much since his feud with Eric Young. Robert Roode doesn't have the look either he always looks like a complete prick at first glance what with the stupid big coat, etc. I don't think he's the best TNA has to offer either, he's good on the mic but he's not really that talented overall, plenty more people TNA should be pushing. I guess TNA needs Robert Roode what with the lack of heels in their company.

Personally I think Booker should have went into a feud with Judas Mesias. Judas Mesiass feud with Abyss was also awful, it was slow and boring as both characters were just monsters who needed Mitchell to talk for them and it was a blatant Taker - Kane rip off. And funnily enough Abyss could have then entered a feud with Robert Roode which would have worked well, Roode showing little remorse for Abyss's issues and tormenting, him similar to Abyss's feud with Christian. And having Roode defeat a powerful super heavyweight with a good win-loss ratio like Abyss on PPV would have helped him more than beating Booker T in a cheesy modified strap match with the aid of handcuffs.

There really isn't anything to say about Booker T's career in TNA so far because he hasn't really done anything. He has spent most of his time fueding with Robert Roode? I mean this is Booker T right, I am sure when he went there he expected to be one of the top guys on the show, and he is far from that. Until he beats a credible opponent, one on one, where nobody interferes, he just outwrestles somebody, then his TNA career will be pointless. Really this is Booker T, so until he gets a title reign or even a title shot/fued, then his career to this point in TNA will not be considered a success.

I love Booker but they just aren't using him right. Come on, for the past 3 months or so all he's done nothing but look upset about his wife and threatened Roode. Also it was fairly unbelievable in the first place as a Robert Roode punch to Sharmell isn't going to kill her.

They're really just drawing the whole thing out and doing nothing at all with it. Think about it...Booker shows up--thanks fans--talks about wife--Roode interupts--brief fight/Cornette--new match at PPV --- that's what it's been EVERY time. I personally think Booker excels when he's involved in something comedic.

He's got to move on to something else, it'll be best for Booker and Roode.

I like Booker T and wish he hadn't left WWE but thats another story. I just don't feel Booker T in TNA to me he just didn't fit in there. He's just another Wrestler who came over from WWE and isn't making that much of a difference. Knowing TNA the way they run things he will probably get a Short Title run then just float around the rest of the time.

Now the thing that I dont understand is that alot of people criticize TNA for bringing in "WWE rejects" and putting them into main event situations above TNA stars, so TNA brought in Booker and stuck him in mid-card, and still people complain now that hes in mid-card! Come on you can't have it both ways!

But anyways I think Bookers initial impact was quite good but now its started to slow. He was really in his prime whilst in WCW and early WWE career but he may not be in his prime now but personally I still think the guy can draw and wrestle. Sticking him in the feud with Robert Roode has done one good thing, and thats established Roode as a proper heel, but for Booker its done nout! I hope that when this feud is over he is pushed into main event situations.

lol the IWC makes no sense at all, this just proves that they always wanna bitch about something, sorry if im offending any1 here but its the truth, cuz like spiralhands said every1 always complains that these WWE rejects jump ship to get the belt in like 1 or 2 months with the company, ppl get pissed cuz it makes the TNA roster look weak compared to WWEs right? so now TNA gets a very big wrestler in the biz, some1 like booker T, and sticks him in a mid card feud (that booker himself requested) where hes actually having trouble beating robert roode, a top WWE talent having a tough time with a TNA mid card says alot about TNA IMO and yet ppl bitch about it once again

maybe its just because ppl arent that high on roode, but u cant say he doesnt have talent, hes great on the mic (a area where TNA really needs help) and pretty good in ring, i agree that the feud itself is pretty weak, but its doing its job, getting ppl to notice robert roode, im sure hes slowly becoming more of a star, and this feud is really helping, if robert roode was still with eric young ppl would just think ''whos this clown?'' now a feud with booker T actually makes ppl pay attention to him IMO

as far as booker Ts impact though, yeah it was weak, and thank god, we didnt another WWE ''reject'' being champ in 2 months again, but i love having booker there cuz hes an awsome wrestler and can really help put others over, this will help roode, after this feud ppl will remember hes the guy that beat booker T, ppl will take him more seriously, the problem was that the feud was poorly built IMO but o well, i wish he would do some feuds with some of the x division guys, first team 3D, and now booker to help put the x division over, i think it would be a pretty good idea...

i also respect booker alot for actually asking to have a feud with roode and not try to politic his way to the belt, u can tell hes there to help the younger guys out and hes already happy with what hes done in his career, he didnt go to TNA to be the center of attention like angle or christian, he went there to help them and have fun...

his carreer in tna so far is horrible should of just stuck with wwe on raw he was gettin different fueds ever time unlike the one with robert roode thats been goin on since the end of november i mean come on make him a world champ they did that to the golden boy kurt and hesd held the title almost all of last year and so far all of this year theyre gonna make samoa joe champ at lock down and that would be a dumb decision because joe haqs faced kurt what like 10 times now change up the main events im sick in tired of seeing joe vs angle every 3 months on a ppv if not its back to back ppvs they face each other booker right now in tna imo he sucks ass

Thanks for making this thread because I forgot Booker was in TNA, but anyway Booker's TNA career has been really boring I hate how TNA is using serious Booker. I want the funny Booker like Booker when he was with Golddust that is the Booker T I wanna see in TNA.

NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ, its only been a few months. Hes only been in one program really. The impatience of the IWC is mind blowing. The fans love booker t and hes there to help draw those extra fans to the arenas now that TNA is touring. What a great addition to TNA. I couldnt ask for a better "wwe reject" to come to TNA. Assh*ole smark fans...geez

Christ, its only been a few months. Hes only been in one program really.

Yeah, which is why we're discussing what he think of him in those few months.

The impatience of the IWC is mind blowing.

No, you just love whining methinks.

The fans love booker t and hes there to help draw those extra fans to the arenas now that TNA is touring.

Any feedback on how effective that is? I mean, that's a pretty poor purpose to use an ex-WWE star for. And I'm not talking Rikishi, we're talking a former world heavyweight champion. Drawing for house shows and the like... lame.

What a great addition to TNA. I couldnt ask for a better "wwe reject" to come to TNA. Assh*ole smark fans...geez

Now you're just putting words in our mouthes and I may give you an infraction for flaming.

Booker's time in TNA so far has been a waste for the most part. When he first showed up he was put with Robert Roode which is fine. Roode was an upper card heel and it would've made sense to feed him to Booker to make Booker seem like a legit main eventer. Then after several matches, Sharmell becomes a factor, which is fine also. Now Peyton Banks is brought in and by now the whole story is ruined. TNA has just mismanaged Booker so far. In my opinion, he should have been fed Roode, maybe a feud with Mesias or Storm, then Styles and onto Angle. He's a main event level talent but hasn't been treated as one.

I miss the WWE Booker T from 2003. I even prefer King Booker to Booker TNA, at least it was funny and gave Sharmell a purpose. I was actually glad when Robert Roode came out and interuppted Booker boring, serious promo. And he had to go win his first match in ages with a roll up, they haven't even gave him a proper entrance music/video yet.

I think they should put this rivalry under the carpet and forget about it after Lockdown. All hes done since coming to TNA is complain about his wife, Robert Roode, TNA managment.The.Whole.Time. It's like some kind of joke, you'd think they're trying to turn him heel.

After Lockdown, they should write off Sharmell, take away the boring Rocky Maivia babyface attitude and give him a new boost in life, no more relying on being a legend. I'd like to see him entered into a program with Tomko, AJ Styles or Team 3D perhaps. (by that I basically mean a rivalry/feud)

Wow just wow...if Booker T became champ in 2 months all of you would be saying "OMG he's just another WWE reject who was given the TNA title". Now Booker in a sense probably new that it wouldn't look good to do that so requests a feud with a brilliant heel who now gets more heat then before and his time is waste? It's all crap, people on the internet cannot be satisfied because they do not have a fixed position on anything and complain about everything even when it goes against what they said in the past. And just to let you know how many guys have held the TNA/NWA world title that made their big name in TNA? Two Abyss and AJ Styles, everyone else made their name in either WWE or WCW. Maybe you can argue Ron Killings but most people know him as K-Kwik but really Booker's career in TNA so far to most people is that he's a success and doesn't want to push other guys out of their spot....gee i'm pretty sure most people wanted that from Kurt and Christian.

I think it's alright so far. At least Booker's in a sensible feud. Hopefully it ends at Lockdown. Is the rivalry in a sort of rut? Sure. But a year ago Booker would have been rivaling with Bob backlund in a prune drinking contest, then would have been given the world title for three months, lost it back to Kurt, and then teamed up with Stevie ray to challenge team 3d to a match. So, has it really been that bad? No. Just uneventful. But I have a feeling he'll get more to do in few months.

he is gonna team with sting and then backstab him some sort of way to get a shot at the title.. well thats what i hope, everything is better then what he is doing right now at TNA

Booker didn't go to TNA to hog up a main event spot like some guys do. He went there because he felt he could help the young guys get over. Look how over Roode is now since he started fueding with Booker. He's doing what he should be doing. He's a name fans recognize and could help TNA out in the short run. You gotta remember that Booker T is 43 years old. TNA is finally bringing along their young guys to take over the main event scene. Look at all the feuds between young TNA guys and big name guys. You got Angle vs. Samoa Joe, Booker T vs. Robert Roode, there was Team 3D vs. Motor City Machine Guns, Scott Steiner being paired up with Petey Williams, and now it looks like there is a Sting vs. James Storm feud in the making. And to the guy who thinks Roode should have just been fed to Booker T you are dead wrong. The last thing TNA needs to do is bury one of their young up-and-comers to put over a guy thats been over for years. I don't think TNA planned on Booker getting the strap at all, he's there to help the younger guys get ready to be main eventers. Also I think they signed him so they can use his PWA promotion as a developmental territory kind of how WWE has FCW. In less than 2 years Booker will be done with wrestling and so too will Sting, Nash, and maybe even Angle. In 2 or 3 years the main eventers in TNA will probably be Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, James Storm, Christian Cage, Kaz, AJ Styles, maybe Tomko and depending on what goes down in a few months, Bobby Lashley.

i think that booker may not get a title run until he's brought roode up to the level that he can be booker's first major feud after booker finishes with whomever winds up dropping the strap.

what would be the point of such a prolonged feud between booker and roode otherwise?

i think that this is what angle is trying to do with samoa joe; i mean polish him to a point where he can credibly run with the title.

should that not be the way it works, with the older guys passing on wisdom and experience to the wrestlers who are coming up?

when roode is ready to be a part of the title scene, booker will get a title run, and i doubt a moment before.

Firstly, on reading through this post, just thought I would bring up a post on page one by I_Like_All_Wrestling. No, a punch from Roode to Sharmell wouldn't kill her, but it would be physically possible for it to shatter her jaw as (in kayfabe) she did.

Personally, I think Booker has done great in TNA so far. He has come in and he has been a true veteran, someone who is willing to help younger talent and not just coming into the company to get a few more world title reigns. People say he hasn't done a lot, but his feud with Roode has been one of the highlights of iMPACT for me for the last few months and with a big blow out at Lockdown.

How many veterans would come in and take a pinfall loss to a young up-and-coming talent in the midcard of a PPV when they know they could be main eventing if they demanded it? To me that is something Booker deserves credit for

I think everyones forgetting the King Booker gimmick... that was boring the hell out of anyone and everyone... and a ridiculous run with Lawler... I'm just glad booker can actually walk to the ring without his little finger in the air...

like somebody said earlier about booker being 43 towards the end of his career and there to put young talent over... hes not jobbing... hes not being wasted hes just puttin young cats over... brother...

So I say Booker's run in TNA has been successful cause he gets to be Booker T... not Booker in some lame ass gimmick

Booker didn't go to TNA to hog up a main event spot like some guys do. He went there because he felt he could help the young guys get over. Look how over Roode is now since he started fueding with Booker. He's doing what he should be doing. He's a name fans recognize and could help TNA out in the short run. You gotta remember that Booker T is 43 years old. TNA is finally bringing along their young guys to take over the main event scene. Look at all the feuds between young TNA guys and big name guys. You got Angle vs. Samoa Joe, Booker T vs. Robert Roode, there was Team 3D vs. Motor City Machine Guns, Scott Steiner being paired up with Petey Williams, and now it looks like there is a Sting vs. James Storm feud in the making. And to the guy who thinks Roode should have just been fed to Booker T you are dead wrong. The last thing TNA needs to do is bury one of their young up-and-comers to put over a guy thats been over for years. I don't think TNA planned on Booker getting the strap at all, he's there to help the younger guys get ready to be main eventers. Also I think they signed him so they can use his PWA promotion as a developmental territory kind of how WWE has FCW. In less than 2 years Booker will be done with wrestling and so too will Sting, Nash, and maybe even Angle. In 2 or 3 years the main eventers in TNA will probably be Samoa Joe, Robert Roode, James Storm, Christian Cage, Kaz, AJ Styles, maybe Tomko and depending on what goes down in a few months, Bobby Lashley.

Exactly. I think Booker could probably care less about ever getting the TNA title. He's reached the point in his career where he feels his best contribution to the industry is a mentor role, hence his wrestling school.

i know booker hasn't exactly done much since arriving, but i'm sort of glad. let's be honest same, you expected him to do what kurt did, and that was come in and take the title straight away, hold it a few months and then drop it back to kurt.

but he didn't do that and instead has wound up in a feud putting over a young TNA made heel in roode. i dont think anyone expected that. i think TNA is showing that by doing that it's not going down the same route as WCW and building up talent from within, using the names to draw attention to the new blood

I am a big fan off booker. Ever since I saw him wrestled benoit in that best of 5 wins match back in WCW. I think its was best of 5, been a long time i forgot, but it was awesome. I started losing interest around the time he became King Booker, which was fun for a while but that got stupid, for me anyway.

I think considering he came to TNA wanting to put over young talent, they did well sticking him in a feud with bobby. But I think they could have done a bit better job with it. I dont like the idea of having sharmell around. May have worked as the king booker charecter, but not now. And the whole him getting serious about his wife shattered jaw, ermm... i dont know...

The only way i think she should be there is if she can wrestle in the womens devision. Otherwise i think booker better of alone. I think TNA end up making silly booking decisions due to wanting to please their wrestlers, which i can understand. But they should not over do it. Like with the karan angle thing. Its not to bad, but sometimes its like who cares about what she has to say... Karen Angle bombshell... who cares is what i was thinking, and when it happened i did not think it was a bombshell. lol

Getting back on track. I much as i like booker putting younger talent over. I also would like to see him have a title run before he retires. A nice push, then lose it to a tna star like aj. Depends on how long he plans to stay on.

Finally people say he is old. He is only 43! in wrestling terms thats not that old. Look at flair who just retired! I think he has a good 5 years in him at least. Everyone makes it sound like he is 60. lol.

When TNA signed Booker T they pushed it as a major signing for the company but immediately after his debut he is relegated to the mid-card instead of being pushed to the moon to capatalise on his star power/headline status he had in WWE.

I'd have thrown him straight into a feud with Kurt Angle and have the Olympic champion become jealous of the attention and constantly remind people he's the champion to which Karen says that if Angle feels so strongly he should make the biggest statement possible by taking on Booker and retaining his title to prove who the top dog in TNA,this segment is later watched by Cornette in his office (say Borash was interviewing the Angles when Karen said that stuff) and he then makes an announcement in the Impact zone saying it's a great idea.

The two then have a closely fought match on PPV that Kurt loses via DQ thus drawing out the feud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back