Booker T. vs HHH at WM XIX

I don't have an issuewith him being handed that title, it was damn vulture heelish.

A week prior, HHH defeated Undertaker to become the No.1 Contendor.

Eric Bischoff was the heel GM and HHH the top heel on Raw. To gain more heat for both, HHH was awarded the title.

Point was there was never a match to determine a champ. And there was quite a few guys on the roster who came close to winning the strap off him, with the only one being Michaels until he finally lost it to Goldberg. Brain brought up long title reigns being good for the business, which is understood. But you saying that that '03 was one of WWE's better years is off base, especially if it was due to Trip. Now if you feel that way, you're entitled to your opinion. But it was a transitional year for the company, especially with no true competition with the demise of WCW.

I always thought Triple H was a good heel, but yeah on paper it sucked. SmackDown on the other hand was pretty much the A-Show with great, great television so, 2003 was good and bad, like every freaking year.

SD 2003 was pretty awesome. Angle/Benoit/Brock/Rey were tearing it up all the while Cena's rapper gimmick was getting hot. I remember that team Brock amassed for his SSeries team. And that was the first time Cena FU'd Show too. God that pop.

Eddie was fun to watch too then.

What was happening on Raw was, Kane shed his mask, which Paul Bearer was against according to his blog. But he had a fun match with Shane at Unforgiven. Him burying Taker and calling him an "Impaaaster" amused me.

Thats all I remember for now. What else was happening?

Matt Morgan made his debut. He's gonna explode and become a mega star any day now!

I'll confess to turning to my cousin in the summer of 2003 and saying "There is this new guy Matt Morgan, and he is THE next guy."

I read dirtsheets, sue me.

EDIT: Also you malcontent mother fuckers! Stone Cold returned and it was amazing! His feud and match with Rock, while not Mania X7 good, was still very enjoyable.

There is no question about it. Booker T should have won and the reason why he lost was entirely on HHH's end. His ego, his ways, always him. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with HHH vs Goldberg. Goldberg's debut and first feuds involved other people and he didn't feud with HHH until months later. Plenty of time for Booker T to have held it, defended it and lost it to HHH.

Booker undoubtedly should have won. He was over, credible and fresh but for whatever reason HHH just HAD to be champ all year and make Raw more horing than a drive through Saskatchewan.

I always felt the real tragedy was RVD not getting a run as he was the best guy on Raw during this time. Kane would have been fine too.

I was always under the impression that Booker was being built up to win the match, but when Triple H got word that Nash was finally going to able to return to the ring he wanted to hold onto the title for feud with Nash (despite the fact that they really didn't need the title for their feud at all).

That's what I'm saying. The Nash feud was shit, and Trip still won in the end. There was potential with other opponents such as Book, RVD, and Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back