Book This! Mock Draft 2009

Hmmm. That whole writing a list of 100 guys thing sounds like a lot of work. I'll consider it.

Don't leave me in the lurch like this, Jericho-aholic. I believed in you. That's a sacred bond, man. A bond that can't be broken.

Unless you leave.

Anyway, let's say that the deadline for me receiving your lists is the 12th of June - get to writing, boys - and I'll hopefully get your rosters back to you the next day, you'd then have until the 20th (a Saturday) to write your show. Do people find that sufficient?

Like I said though, you can make it about more than one show if you're so inclined.

As for how long, no limit. Sure, people can abuse that and write novels (perhaps you for one), but it's just as much about style as it is length.

As far as shows go, I think I'd be fine with writing one. My biggest hang-up is questioning if I'd have the time to write multiple shows. If I had 2 weeks or so to write one solid show, I'm sure I could do that.

30 wrestlers, 2 commentators and 1 GM. Mini-lists for the GM and commentators.

Can we have a full list of Commentators and GMs available, that way we know we'll have enough to go around?

That way we can write out which commentators we'd like, in a list similar to the 100 that we'd write out for Wrestlers. Same deal for GMs.

The latter. The "you take a pick, I take a pick, he takes a pick..." system is all well and good, but has been shown to take fucking forever. People lose interest quickly. The wildcard nature of this new system is also quite cool.

I'm down with writing out 100 guys, then getting a luck of the draw system. Makes things interesting.

I didn't explain the system in great detail, so I'lll give it another shot.

1. You each give me list of 100 wrestlers, a list of 10 commentators and a list of 10 GMs. They can be from every period. No wrestlers, however, can be used as GMs or commentators. That rules out Foley, JBL, Tazz... you get the point, though you can use them as commentators or GMs if you pick them up as wrestlers. These lists make up your desired roster. You get 30 wrestlers, 2 commentators and, obviously, 1 GM.

This answers my above question of what all commentators and GMs will be available. I assume we just find 10 random commentators and GMs, and if they work, they work.. if not.. what then?

This also goes into questioning how many players will be doing this. 10 commentators might end up being a lot of the same with everyone.. so I'd assume some people may not get the commentators they desire.

2. Perfect world, everyone gets their top 30. Obviously though, there will be clashes. If one person wants wrestler A and another person wants wrestler A, the person who has wrestler A highest on their list gets him. However, if they have him at the same number, it's randomly chosen who gets him. This goes on until everyone has thirty wrestlers from as high on their list as possible... without clashing with someone else's. Same with commentators and GMs.

I like it.

3. Write your damn show.

Obviously we wouldn't be able to write our shows though, until we knew exactly who was on our roster.. correct?

SO.. the deadline of like say, two weeks (or longer?) won't start until we get our rosters, yeah?

June 12th, unless anybody has a massive problem.

June is good for me. (to start, right?) This allows us to have a list of 100 in to you by like a week or two from now.. then you (or whoever) to split them up among everyone, and get our rosters back to us before June 12th..

Or, is June 12th the deadline to have our shows written?

1. Can we use whatever type of gimmicks matches that we'd like/Can we create imaginary gimmick matches (as long as they're realistic)?

2. Do Tag Team's count as one pick? (ex. If I wanted the Bushwackers - which I don't - do I pick them as one pick, or Luke then Butch.. and take the chance that someone didn't pick Butch then Luke, and we both get screwed with only getting one each)

3. Start/Finish Dates? Assuming June 12th is the starting date, that works. It's a month away, which gives us ample time to write out 100 guys, get you to split them up among everyone.. then allows us to write a show.

So if June 12th is the starting whats the ending date to have the shows in (from getting our full rosters, anyways)?

4. When are the 100 Wrestlers, 10 commentators, and 10 GMs lists due by?

By the way: I'M IN (I just want to make sure I'm fully understood on everything.)

Some part of me actually thought you wouldn't have any further questions. How very foolish I was.

As far as shows go, I think I'd be fine with writing one. My biggest hang-up is questioning if I'd have the time to write multiple shows. If I had 2 weeks or so to write one solid show, I'm sure I could do that.

Two weeks seems fair. Make sure you don't forget though. 'Cos if you do...

Can we have a full list of Commentators and GMs available, that way we know we'll have enough to go around?

Sure. I think I'll just have a big info dump in this thread later tonight, when I have a bit more time.

That way we can write out which commentators we'd like, in a list similar to the 100 that we'd write out for Wrestlers. Same deal for GMs.

Yeah, OK. I think I feel ya, playah.

This answers my above question of what all commentators and GMs will be available. I assume we just find 10 random commentators and GMs, and if they work, they work.. if not.. what then?

Then you do the best with what you've got. Personally, I'd be more interested to read the interactions between Todd Grisham and Bobby Heenan than JR and the Lawler.

This also goes into questioning how many players will be doing this. 10 commentators might end up being a lot of the same with everyone.. so I'd assume some people may not get the commentators they desire.

I've decided to split it into sections of five. That means we've got two, almost three groups right now. If nobody else joins, I'll divide it up more fairly.

Obviously we wouldn't be able to write our shows though, until we knew exactly who was on our roster.. correct?

SO.. the deadline of like say, two weeks (or longer?) won't start until we get our rosters, yeah?

June is good for me. (to start, right?) This allows us to have a list of 100 in to you by like a week or two from now.. then you (or whoever) to split them up among everyone, and get our rosters back to us before June 12th..

Or, is June 12th the deadline to have our shows written?

OK, how's this; you get me your roster list by June 9 and I'll have your rosters back to you by June 12. Then you've got until June 26 to produce a show.

1. Can we use whatever type of gimmicks matches that we'd like/Can we create imaginary gimmick matches (as long as they're realistic)?

Sure, go nuts. You could make a massive joke out of it if you want.

2. Do Tag Team's count as one pick? (ex. If I wanted the Bushwackers - which I don't - do I pick them as one pick, or Luke then Butch.. and take the chance that someone didn't pick Butch then Luke, and we both get screwed with only getting one each)

I'm gonna say no, just in the interests of fairness. However, I'll allow each participant five trades within your section. If he's got the other half of the tag team, oddly, try to work something out.

4. When are the 100 Wrestlers, 10 commentators, and 10 GMs lists due by?

June 9 good?

Some part of me actually thought you wouldn't have any further questions. How very foolish I was.

Sam, you should know me by now. I love to read myself talk, and I just don't shut up.

Two weeks seems fair. Make sure you don't forget though. 'Cos if you do...

Two weeks is good for me. If I forget, I'll be fully expecting a spanking of some kind though.

Sure. I think I'll just have a big info dump in this thread later tonight, when I have a bit more time.

Can't wait. I'll get he popcorn ready.

Yeah, OK. I think I feel ya, playah.

Hola, hola, hola.

Then you do the best with what you've got. Personally, I'd be more interested to read the interactions between Todd Grisham and Bobby Heenan than JR and the Lawler.

Or, you know, Tony Schiavone & Micheal Cole.

I've decided to split it into sections of five. That means we've got two, almost three groups right now. If nobody else joins, I'll divide it up more fairly.

So, does this mean if I'm in Section 1, and someone else is in Section 3, and we both pick Hulk Hogan first overall.. we both get him, because we're in different sections and not competing against each other?

If that's the case, this is becoming like a tournament of sorts.. because each winner will have to move on, to face someone thats won another "section".

OK, how's this; you get me your roster list by June 9 and I'll have your rosters back to you by June 12. Then you've got until June 26 to produce a show.

Sounds great to me.

Sure, go nuts. You could make a massive joke out of it if you want.

Just as long as it's not like a Hell in a Cell or Inferno match between Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero, right? You know.. because of the background of why that'd be.. wrong.. and all.

I'm gonna say no, just in the interests of fairness. However, I'll allow each participant five trades within your section. If he's got the other half of the tag team, oddly, try to work something out.

Trading works for me.. and I'm also fine with randomly taking my chances on not getting a Tag team I want. Makes things even more interesting in trying to work-out a Tag match.

June 9 good?

Will turn in my list(s) by then.

Sure thing, WGB. That makes three sections of five. The numbers are perfect, but people can still be free to join.

Set your eyes to... uh, "read". Info dump time, motherfucker.

I will require your lists of 50 wrestlers, 10 commentators and 3 GMs by June 9th. I'd get cracking now if I were you. I've got my top 25 sorted already.

Wrestlers that are banned from commentating (with the exception of you picking them up on your wrestler list and assigning them to commentary) are as follows:
John "Bradshaw" Layfield
Mick Foley
Tazz
William Regal
Kevin Nash​

That's it. Jerry Lawler is available as a commentary pick. Concerning GMs, anybody can be a GM. Donald Trump to Barney the Dinosaur, anybody. This is just because there's a limited number of good GMs.

As for the sections, Will was correct in his assumption that, say, if you both pick Hulk Hogan but are in separate sections, you both get him. The different sections are set in different universes, if you will. Even if you won't.

You will receive your full rosters (of 30 wrestlers, 2 commentators and, obviously, one GM) on June 12th, if not earlier. You will be allowed to make five trades each, but can only trade within your sections. You can trade with another person in your section, or trade somebody off your roster for a free agent - a wrestler that didn't make it onto any roster.

You have two weeks from June 12th - so until June 26th - to produce one full show. You don't have to use your full roster, nor do you have to have any tag team matches. You cannot, however, use a wrestler in more than one match. Unfortunately, that means no tournaments, or at least ones that take place in one night. "Briefcase cash-in" scenarios are allowed though.

After your one show, you are free to carry on writing your shows. You can remain within the shared universe or separate yourself.

I think that's all. PM me if you have any more questions.

I've decided you only need a list of fifty wrestlers and three GMs. Still ten commentators.

Edit: Scratch that, six commentators. OP updated.

I've decided you only need a list of fifty wrestlers and three GMs. Still ten commentators.

Edit: Scratch that, six commentators. OP updated.

Will 50 be enough, depending on whether or not a lot of us somehow pick the same 50 guys?

Don't get me wrong, 50 is a nice number.. easily to sort, too. But depending it might be hard to split up 50 guys, between 5 people.. especially if all 5 of us pick the same 30-40+ guys.

The GMs will be easily (in theory) since you can pick anyone. Barney is currently very high on my list, mind you. And I have a nice duo of commentator's set in mind, I hope no one else wants. :glare:

One last thing.. are we required to give a title/name to our show/wrestling federation? If so.. Authentic Championship Wrestling (A.C.W) for me, please.

I'm getting scared now. I may or may not do this. Considering the amount of talent writing shows... I'm pretty much dwarfed. Besides, I'm not the greatest at writing serious matches.

It doesn't matter Jane, just have fun with it. Yours is the only mock e-fed I've ever read. True story. It wasn't bad.

I'd echo Will's sentiment, bear people will put the same few guys on their lists, you need at least 75 for 5 people, I reckon.

Will 50 be enough, depending on whether or not a lot of us somehow pick the same 50 guys?

I'm hoping so. 100 seemed a little excessive. I started to really drag as I got deeper into my roster and started thinking "If I get stuck with these guys, I'm gonna be pissed off".

Don't get me wrong, 50 is a nice number.. easily to sort, too. But depending it might be hard to split up 50 guys, between 5 people.. especially if all 5 of us pick the same 30-40+ guys.

Maybe I should just up it to 60 or 70. I'll leave it open to debate for now.

The GMs will be easily (in theory) since you can pick anyone. Barney is currently very high on my list, mind you. And I have a nice duo of commentator's set in mind, I hope no one else wants. :glare:

So do I. :glare: Then again, I doubt you've ever heard of my obscure coupling - Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler.

One last thing.. are we required to give a title/name to our show/wrestling federation? If so.. Authentic Championship Wrestling (A.C.W) for me, please.

Yeah, go on then. Everyone come up with names. NOW.

Jericho-aholic, feel fee to drop out. You'll be knocking the numbers off though, you bastard.

Seeing as how Tastycles possible misused the adjective "bear", the wrestler limit will now be 75. And I'm not budging.

OK, maybe a little.

I'm getting all kinds of excited over this. But did we ever answer the question of whether or not the winner's of each "section" will go on (tournament style, or something to that effect) to face the winner's of the other "sections"?

You wanna do it that way? We can do it that way. The top two from each section?

It'd kinda make us only write ONE show, instead of multiple shows.. because we'd then know we have to save something, for if we go on to the next round, and have to write another show then.

It also allows more creativity to the winner(s), because judgment of how their show is put together, along with how possible storylines are progressing would come into affect.

In our list of 75, can we pick any Professional Sports athlete.. like someone from other sports (ie. Football, Basketball, Baseball, UFC, etc) if we're interested in a Wrestling v. Other Pro Sport match-up?

Sam, not to burst your bubble but I just discovered an issue with "Section Winners" competing against one another. "Clashing Rosters".

(Example)- If Milenko & Y2Jane win their respective sections, and both have Hulk Hogan and Chris Jericho.. how do we get around them both using them?

So, the solution I thought of (at your discretion, mind you) we could do one of two things. Just let it happen, and see who uses who better.. OR, redraft between the 3 section winners all over again, kinda like resetting among the winners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back