• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Book This! - General Discussion

Well I've settled on a new Book This to do. Since I really wanna stick with a project finally though the thread won't be up until I finalize all my details for the intro post and have a good idea of where I wanna take storylines though.

Well, I finished the final RAW before the season finale, Summerslam.

Go check out the final RAW of Season 1, the 10th episode, "Not So Sunny In Philadelphia" LIVE from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Go review it and give your season finale, SUMMERSLAM predictions.

:cool:

I don't think anyone really cares, but I am sorry for how long it's taking me to post my first episode of Smackdown!, this semester has turned out to be more work than I originally thought, I have about half of it done though!

I've done CPR a few times and I could tell you guys that this place is dead.

Anyways, I think it's awful that you can't edit your own post. Really ruins shit for writing a BT.

Yeah the section is pretty dead right now. I have most of the stuff planned for my new BT that I need but another forum I do it on requires me to wait 60 days from the day from when I ended my last one to make a new one so I'm just killing time right now.

Is there a better forum then this to do Book This things. I started this on another site that I use primarily, but wanted to expand my fed to other boards, since I've been writing it for nearly a decade. However, this place really sucks.

:dunno:

It's more a matter of you kinda joined at a bad time. Book This used to be a busy section and a good one. People got busy and had no time to write and the section has become pretty dead.

I do know of a couple other forums though and if you'd like I can PM you them.

I may post to a different forum too, don't know. I have been working on SmackDown! but I am not sure if I wanna post it here where I don't think too many will see it...:/

I've seen boards get slow, but this place is just dead.

I'm going to post my Summerslam here, but after that, I might just dip from the forum. I'm fully invested on another and expanding to a new site did not work.

This place dead? Yeah that tends to happen and then down the line we will have a spark. It's pretty bipolar here. As for me I've promised a show and it will be coming, you can trust me there. I want to get my ducks in a row and get a few shows in before throwing it out there.

As for another forum? Nah, too much work. Yeah that seems stupid but I have no desire on joining a new forum and posting my stuff there. Sure it would likely be better for my product, but I have faith that we will see another run here in the future.

I start an overnight shift next week and that will give me plenty of free time to write and my shows will get out at a nice rate so my show will be up sooner rather than later. Look for something more official (like a thread) towards November. That seems like a fair estimation.

Yeah I'm sure WZ will get life again at some point. I will never give up fully on this section but I'll probably always also post on another forums.

Being in 2 e-feds is causing me to put less time into my BT than I'd like to.

I think that is part of the bipolarness of the section and that's the e-fed. I can't speak for other forums, but I know one that I occasionally check doesn't have an e-fed that I know of and their BT section thrives. Not saying we should lose the e-fed just to garner interest here, but with the success of WZCW it (I think) plays a part in this sections inactiveness.

About 3/4 done with SmackDown! Yay! Gonna try to get it up sometime this week maybe. My mental problems and college aren't helping. My ADD isn't either because I have been writing some ideas for modern fantasy booking instead of focusing on mine xD

Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing something a little different and wanted to get some feedback on this. I'm thinking about doing a thread where the wrestlers are their on screen characters in a "reality" based setting. Basically, like a comic-book type world where they are an extended version of their character you see on television and it's loosely following actual programming and their real-life counterparts. For example, The Undertaker owns a tattoo parlor and is a tattoo artist in his time off from wrestling. To compare to a real life fed, it's kind of like Chikara in the sense that it's just a surreal, "bizzaro" world where crazy things happen but in a entertaining way. I don't know, just something I was thinking about doing that was different from the usual y'know.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about doing something a little different and wanted to get some feedback on this. I'm thinking about doing a thread where the wrestlers are their on screen characters in a "reality" based setting. Basically, like a comic-book type world where they are an extended version of their character you see on television and it's loosely following actual programming and their real-life counterparts. For example, The Undertaker owns a tattoo parlor and is a tattoo artist in his time off from wrestling. To compare to a real life fed, it's kind of like Chikara in the sense that it's just a surreal, "bizzaro" world where crazy things happen but in a entertaining way. I don't know, just something I was thinking about doing that was different from the usual y'know.

Sounds like Mick Foley's new WWE comic book. Especially since your Undertaker example is directly from the comic.

Sounds like Mick Foley's new WWE comic book. Especially since your Undertaker example is directly from the comic.

That's what I was thinking, I am really looking forward to the Foley comics.

I would definetely read a story that has the characters in a different setting. The wrestlers are just that, characters, so seeing them in like a drama story like Arrow or Walking Dead would be pretty interesting to read.

I posted my Rene Dupree versus Samoa Joe Television Championship match.

I think I ended it the best way I could end it, for storyline purposes. I thought long and hard about the ending and thought of that idea last out of several. I decided to stick with it.

I have the Iron Man match coming up next and that'll be the 5th out of the 10 matches for the spectacle known as Summerslam. Expect big things for this Iron Man match, because it'll be 60 minutes of chaos between The Iron Man himself, Kurt Angle. He has competed in the only 2 Iron Man matches in the KWF and has won both. He now faces the most decorated man in the KWF, Randy Orton. The man has won the Intercontinental Championship twice, including being the first one to ever win it. He is a former KWF World Champion. He is the first and only KWF King Of The Ring. He is also the first man to ever defeat The Undertaker at Wrestlemania (II) and he looks to become the first man to defeat Kurt Angle in a KWF Iron Man match.

I'm going to Disney World on Tuesday for 2 1/2 weeks and I'm going to be taking a break so I'm hoping I can get it to halftime before my joyous vacation.

Ha ha, yeah, I guess you could say I was partly inspired by Mick's forthcoming comic series. I used Undertaker being a tattoo artist just as an example from the book, I'm not sure he will even be involved in the thread. I'm just going to use whoever is active when I start writing and omit inactive wrestlers, managers, etc. as to make it a little easier to organize. This is something I've had in the back of my mind for quite sometime now, and learning of Mick Foley's comic book series gave me a renewed interest in this type of project. I'm not sure when I'll start typing anything up, at least not until I come up with a basic outline of the "story" and work from there. Finding a way to blend character and plot driven story with wrestling matches in a logical way may be a little tricky. Thanks for your replies, it means a lot, really.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back