• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bobby Roode's Contract Was Up; Issues Resolved with TNA

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to a story on the main page and on prowrestling.net, Bobby Roode's current contract with TNA expired several weeks ago. That's why Roode hasn't appeared on TNA television since they returned from taping in England.

Roode also wasn't spotted at the fan interaction event that took place today, so there's currently at least some question as to what Roode's status is for both the company and the ppv. Jason Powell says that there's buzz around the locker room, allegedly, that Bobby Roode is the one who brought his contract up to Bruce Pritchard. If that's true then it's more than just a little embarrassing given Pritchard's position in the company.

I expect Roode will sign another TNA deal. They'll probably also agree to extend his current deal to work at the Lockdown ppv before working up a new deal, if work isn't proceeding in that direction already. It would be a huge shock, not to mention a costly one, if Roode didn't sign a new deal with TNA. From top to bottom and overall ability, Roode's one of the top guys on the TNA roster.

TNA better write Roode a blank check and do whatever it takes to get him signed. he is the top wrestler of the future they have.
losing him to the WWE would be a huge loss.

I'd love to get Roode in the WWE. Whatever happens though, I just hope this isn't a work on TNA's part to eventually reveal him as the true leader of Aces & Eights--unless he gets in, kicks everybody currently in the stable out, and brings in actual talent.

If he's smart he'd leave TNA and join the WWE right now. TNA is going nowhere with Aces & 8's. I really like Roode and would love to see him in the WWE. They could use him there too. They need another good heel. There's so many great possible feuds for him in the WWE too. I'd love to see him work with Punk, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, Del Rio, etc.

WWE has a terrible track record when it comes to guys with a TNA past. Maybe Roode could be the person to buck that trend. He is an established enough star that WWE could get away without a total repackaging. You can almost see Roode playing the part that Jericho played in bringing in the young TNA talent. The parallels between WCW and TNA are becoming eerily similar with the reveal of D'Lo. Another old WWE guy past his prime thrown into a main event role while younger talent are left to flounder. WWE could use Roode as the first piece in the puzzle of getting some of TNA's young talent looking for a place in the big time.

Dude's gotten chubby and for the most part is boring. He's a decent wrestler, but so are guys like Cesaro, Bryan, Kidd, Mcintyre, etc etc. In-ring doesn't matter much and aside from that, Roode is average. He was on a roll there for a while but he cut his hair, gained some bf%, and right now he's where he should be.

There's a reason HHH/Brock Lesnar are put into Mania easily and that's because they are big guys, even when he's cut, Roode doesn't have the mass or height of Triple H. If he's in the ring with Sting, it's like seeing Undertaker vs HBK. If Roode goes too WWE, it will be a big deal too IWC, but in the long run, it's not like he'll make WWE better.

And if he stays in TNA, its not like he'll bring them to the next level. I dunno if he's a vanilla midget, but he's a guy who can go in the ring, but thats' about it. He's not very marketable.

As a fan who likes these type of things, I rather he just joined WWE just to see what would happen. I'd never buy a PPV mainevent by him anyway.

TNA needs this guy. Why he would ever jump ship is beyond me. You just don't go from TNA to the WWE, it rarely ends well. Why they'd forget about him is above me as well, he's a great heel, he's over and he's a rare combo of mic and in-ring. I predict we'll see him again real soon.

he is the top wrestler of the future they have.

:lol:That's really not saying much

Anyway, I'm sure this post will be removed but this thread is pretty pointless since we all know that he is going to be given an new contract or extension either Sunday or Monday.

He won't go to WWE, hell, I doubt WWE wants him unless it's for training the development talent. Everyone saying OMG HHH GET HIM PLZ....yeah, no, the dude is nearly 40. What can he do this late in his career?

Besides, he's been around since the late 90s and spent the majority in Canadian indies and TNA. If he was any good, WWE would have jumped the gun on him when he was doing dark matches for them.

Didn't want him then, why now?

WWE has a terrible track record when it comes to guys with a TNA past.

Because CM Punk totally didn't just have the longest WWE championship reign in the last 25 years or so.

The fact he went to them to point out that they'd forgotten about his contract expiring suggests he wants to stay or simply knows WWE are not interested. Really unprofessional on the part of TNA though.

I imagine they'll hash something out over the next 24 hours and he'll make the PPV. I'm a big fan of Roode but if he's comfortable financially then I don't think a move to WWE is a great choice at his age.

If he's smart he'd leave TNA and join the WWE right now. TNA is going nowhere with Aces & 8's. I really like Roode and would love to see him in the WWE. They could use him there too. They need another good heel. There's so many great possible feuds for him in the WWE too. I'd love to see him work with Punk, Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Jericho, Del Rio, etc.

Going to WWE would be a gambit that would most likely not pay off. Bobby Roode is one of TNA's top stars with a guaranteed spot on top. In comparison to WWE could offer it may not seem like much but attempting to trade his spot in TNA for a similar one in WWE means he'll have to start at the bottom in NXT and hope he can surpass guys like Leo Kruger, Langston and then hope he can pass by WWE's midcard with guys like Antonio Cesaro, Damien Sandow and Wade Barrett to finally make it to that top level. It's not a trade up that seems worth it, especially with potential animosity among the two companies. It's just not worth it.

The fact he went to them to point out that they'd forgotten about his contract expiring suggests he wants to stay or simply knows WWE are not interested. Really unprofessional on the part of TNA though.

It can be more common than you think. Especially if TNA still continues it's "pay per appearance" policy as well, which I think it does.
I imagine they'll hash something out over the next 24 hours and he'll make the PPV. I'm a big fan of Roode but if he's comfortable financially then I don't think a move to WWE is a great choice at his age.
They probably already have if they announced the title match.

WrestleZone said:
Earlier this evening, ProWrestling.net reported that Bobby Roode's contract with TNA had expired, which explains why we have not seen him on TNA TV since The UK tapings. However, according to an interview Roode did back in 2009, which you can read more on if you click somewhere else, he claimed that he had signed a 5 year deal with TNA, commencing on March 1st, 2009, which would mean his current contract doesn't expire until March 1st, 2014.

After speaking with sources in TNA, WZ could not confirm that Roode's contract with the company had indeed expired, so at this point there seems to be no confirmation that a contract issue is what has kept Roode off TNA TV.
Or at the end of the day, we can go with the most likely case. The dirt sheets are making shit up. Again.

Seriously I think Roode could be a great fit in WWE, so if TNA dropped the ball I think vince should try and pick it up. My head says that Roode won't be going anywhere though.

Yeah so his contract isn't up in theory until next year... Aces and Eights swerve????

He no-shows the Tag-match and then is revealed as Pres? I'd hate it, 'cause I want Aries and Roode on an unstoppable ride as tag champs for a while...

Roode in WWE would be wasted, jobbing to everyone, and constantly being compared (badly) to Triple H.

Sadly, I doubt Roode will be debuting in the WWE anytime soon... and almost hope he doesn't, as his current gimmick is very good... and WWE would probably repackage and ruin what has made him so enjoyable to watch over the last few years.

It's probably a load of rubbish anyway.

Will probably be repacked as "Rude Bobby" he will do a couple of "Rude" things which eventually WWE will realise it doesn't fit in the "PG" era and he will job to the likes of Sheamus and Brodus Clay before he is repacked twice and eventually released within 2 years of his originally debut.

Leaving him to come back to TNA after those 2 years are up and become the leader of yet another major faction that Dixie Carter decides will change TNA forever.

The Faction will be called PUF - Pay Up Front

Their will be 3 bodyguards doing the work of a mysterious man which turns out to be Bobby Roode. Eventually the bodyguards turn on Roode and he will sink down the same path Matt Morgan took.

Stay at TNA Bobby!

:lol:That's really not saying much

Anyway, I'm sure this post will be removed but this thread is pretty pointless since we all know that he is going to be given an new contract or extension either Sunday or Monday.

He won't go to WWE, hell, I doubt WWE wants him unless it's for training the development talent. Everyone saying OMG HHH GET HIM PLZ....yeah, no, the dude is nearly 40. What can he do this late in his career?

Besides, he's been around since the late 90s and spent the majority in Canadian indies and TNA. If he was any good, WWE would have jumped the gun on him when he was doing dark matches for them.

Didn't want him then, why now?

Because CM Punk totally didn't just have the longest WWE championship reign in the last 25 years or so.

according to wikipedia Roode is 36, and he just turned 36 in January. not that close to 40. and that's not old anyway.

I think his image is better with the short hair. he has a good look. he's good on the mic. he's a star.

I've only watched TNA since early 2010 so can't comment on what Roode did before then. but in recent years TNA made Roode a star. he used to be half of a tag team.

if WWE could get him, they would take him now in a heartbeat.

that one website does mention Roode signed a 5 year extension back in February 2009. so his contract can't be up. I would imagine then this has to be work then.

I have nothing to back this up. Just throwing it out there that this is a work.

Just TNA trying to get people talking about TNA on the day of Lockdown (that's tonight right?) plus getting a few extra buys from people who want to see if the rumors are true and if Bobby Roode shows up or if he doesn't show up how will TNA explain it and adjust the card.

This story sounds like Dixie and Bischoff generated BS. Color Me Impressed.

Snap him up WWE. Roode is a good all rounder and WWE could do a lot worse than than have him as part of their mid-card.

I don't think Roode leaving TNA would be a massive loss. Roode was a guy they managed to elevate but it isn't like they don't have other competent wrestlers to easily take his place.

First, for the people preening "five year extension", that is meaningless. Contracts are often- especially long term ones- structured in such a way that the last year or two are 'option years'. One party in the contract (depending on who had more leverage when signing the contract, or it could be both if it's a mutual option) has the option whether or not to exercise those years. What with the timing of Roode's championship run last year, I'm going to guess that it was a five-year contract with a mutual option for the last two years. It looks like they gave him a belt run to keep him in the fold last year, but were less interested in renewing it this year because the ratings kept falling while Roode was champion. (I personally was more entertained by TNA, but numbers is numbers.)

Now then.

The WWE pays a shitload more than TNA. That's just a function of performing in front of larger crowds and more of them. Besides an anointed few (all of whom made their bones in the '90s), no one's getting rich in TNA.

So with that said, why give a shit if you're not going to be a huge superstar in the WWE? Most people here are starfuckers, remember; they're only focused on if a guy is, or is going to be, a world heavyweight champion. Bobby Roode is in his mid, edging on late 30's. I can absolutely assure you that Bobby Roode has been looking very, very hard at his future, and not from the point of view here of "OMG, but I love TNA so much". He's thinking about having a nest egg for when he can't wrestle, because right now, he's not going to be the kind of guy in the future that can come back for a good paycheck every year. He's thinking about how he's going to put his kids through college.

Some people here are in feverent denial, but the WWE simply pay their performers more, and believe it or not, professional wrestling companies don't pay you based on how long they put their prop championship on you. TNA is getting along fine right now with Bobby Roode, or rather, the way that they are fucking up right now would be the same if Roode was there or not.

TNA may very well be telling Bobby Roode to go make his money, because it's not worth it to them to pay him what he's looking for. Probably hurts a lot of people here to know this, but TNA isn't going to fall apart because they don't have Bobby Roode.

I'm not saying that "Bobby Roode will sign a WWE deal." Maybe this is one of TNA's famous "contract swerve for no fucking reason" moves. But financially, the WWE is a much, much bigger gun than TNA. (Don't bother with the fucking Panda Energy bit. The last unlimited piggy bank was Time Warner, and while the people who are managing TNA have completely erased that debacle from their memories, the people funding TNA have not.)

I have nothing to back this up. Just throwing it out there that this is a work.

Just TNA trying to get people talking about TNA on the day of Lockdown (that's tonight right?) plus getting a few extra buys from people who want to see if the rumors are true and if Bobby Roode shows up or if he doesn't show up how will TNA explain it and adjust the card.

This story sounds like Dixie and Bischoff generated BS. Color Me Impressed.

Agreed. Not convinced for one second that TNA would "forget" that Roode's contract is up. Aries has been making mentions of Roode also so I believe Roode will be at Lockdown as a late run in.

Doubt he will be in Aces & Eights since he doesn't really fit and they've had conflict with him before.

The important thing to consider is not "What would Vince do with him" but "What could Trip's do with him?."

Regardless of being a TNA star or not, if this is a legit expiry situation, then it is in WWE's interests to get Roode on the team. Vince may not like the idea of a TNA "star" but first and foremost, Roode is an excellent and charismatic worker - now WWE has a few and it might piss some off enough to not re-sign/go the other way but at the end of the day, opportunities like this rarely do come up in wrestling...but they do. People forget things, dates get missed, sometimes people manipulate the situation to their advantage.

I remember in Jericho's book how he described his contract expiry, ducking and diving to avoid signing the extension so he could negotiate with WWE. To some that's unethical but it's simply business and wrestling contracts are always loaded in the companies favor. If Roode went to TNA and said "Ahem, you forgot something" then that is simply him giving them the chance to make an offer to rectify it, that in itself might convince someone like Vince to sign him - after others like Lex and his namesake didn't do so, it certainly shows respect for the business.

Will WWE sign him if he is free? This is a little like the Michael Owen transfer to Manchester Utd, people knew what Owen could do but he hadn't really succeeded on the big stage for some time and got hurt a lot - he even put glossy brochures out to clubs and many thought he wouldn't go to a "big club" - the very day his contract expired he was signed by Man Utd, the biggest club in the world for nothing and people were shocked - he wasn't going to be a starter/main event player - but he was a steal and a good addition to the squad. It was a no-brainer to sign him - If it didn't work out (which it didn't) then they had'nt invested millions other than the wages but the man himself was eager to prove himself. Roode would be very keen to prove he is WWE main event material, which can only improve their show.

Would Roode go to NXT - hell no, would they respell his name Rude? Probably, they might even make some fantastical connection to Rick or completely repackage him but, like Christian before him demonstrated, being on top in TNA does translate to casual fans taking interest and to a top role in WWE after a brief midcard run for a minimal investment - they only have to offer more than TNA and the "opportunity" - If that is what Roode wants, he'll take it. Anyone in the WWE locker room should be hoping he does come in, as it's another top hand/feud they could have. Would a Sandow or Cesaro or even Ziggler be mad? If they are they are missing the point cos a feud with Bobby Roode could be the one that makes THEM famous as well. Yes it's more competition, but it's also opportunity. It might annoy some guys in developmental, but you cannot restock entirely from there, when a "bigger name" comes available they too need to be plugged in - look at guys who came from WCW at crucial times - Jericho, Vader, Regal, Eddie and Benoit - none of them were "essential" or intended to be regular main eventers necessarily - but they grew and were "good hires" at the right time and became bigger than they were. Roode could headline a Mania or he could be an excellent upper-mid heel for years to come, it's worth WWE's time to try.

Would Trips see him as "competition"? no, they are similar but as he is now transitioning out it would be helpful to have a worker of his own mold who he can use for 10 more years - which Trips himself will clearly not be active for. Sure they look similar etc - but ultimately Trips has shown he is good at taking existing talent and reshaping it - Brock now is not the Brock of ten years ago - Dos Caras Jr is now virtually forgotten in favor of ADR and Mark Henry is unrecognisable from the guy who fathered Mae's hand.

Now this could all be leading to Roode being the Aces and Eights boss - this could be worked - but at the end of the day, the only thing worse than a business making a cock up of this magnitude and letting it get out there is pretending they have made a cock up that bad, it can only damage their reputation - just as the fake Vince death did for WWE (we knew he was alive as the shareholders would have to have been told he was dead)
Now this is TNA - their decision making is flawed at the best of times, but this smells to me like someone took their eye off the ball cos of the lawsuit and are banking on it to stop Vince moving in - and they are praying Roode wants to stay.

Well I have no friggin clue why TNA would make this a work. Seriously why would you try and make the audience think you were dumb and didn't sign one of your top stars? How is that gonna get extra buyrates? If this is TNA working the fans its one of the dumbest works ever. I may watch Lockdown to see who the #1 leader in aces and eights is but not to see if Roode shows up.

If this isn't a work I hope it bites TNA in the ass and Roode leaves. That way maybe they will be smarter next time a top talents contract is expiring.

Bobby Roode isn t going to wwe and never will he praises TNA and is loyal to TNA expect him to sign another 5 yeard deal till 2018 . I wish all wwe marks stop finding rumors that when a wrestler doesn t sign his contract in TNA doesn t mean he is wheelchair wrestling enterprises bound. He has a bright future and a deal of being World CHampion a few more times in his contract;)

Bobby Roode isn t going to wwe and never will he praises TNA and is loyal to TNA expect him to sign another 5 yeard deal till 2018 . I wish all wwe marks stop finding rumors that when a wrestler doesn t sign his contract in TNA doesn t mean he is wheelchair wrestling enterprises bound. He has a bright future and a deal of being World CHampion a few more times in his contract;)

First, learn proper grammar. Second, I think Bobby going to WWE would be interesting. There are multiple options for gimmicks he could have. He could use the Ravashing gimmick of his father or something new. Lets just wait and see what happens shall we.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back