Bobby Roode Is Fading Fast.....

Glacier

Pre-Show Stalwart
He started out strong and has a great theme song, but it looks like
he is heading down the road of Adam Rose or Tyler Breeze.

Not going to be a main event player at this point- what happened and
what are your thoughts on this?

I would say not in that level, but he being a face is killing him.
But so ALL the other NXT’s since the Shield. Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura, even if you can say either Bo Dallas and Big E all the NXT champions are not in the main event scene, as some for a short stint (Balor and Owens) and had been reduced drastically in terms of moveset, and without looking for the rest. I don’t think HHH is gonna make you a champion if he doesn’t see that IT factor. But thats the rule, never expect from a NXT Hot Star to be a top player if there is Roman on it, only AJ Styles has been the man to make it that far.
Women is different ‘cause of longevity of the stars then, they needed to book new talent. But is funny that the one with less sucess is the longest champion...

I always thought that his theme song would be the death of him and it slowly his. The guy was a awesome heel in NXT but he got saddle with a cool entrance theme and fans started chanting along and cheering for Roode and they took the fact the he was over as a heel in NXT and decided to book him as a baby face since fans where cheering for him.

So almost a year later and he in the position He's in. Then you have the age factor that plays against him he at that age where if He's not super over like aj styles, he going to be look at as a good hand and their not going to invest as much energy on him as they would somebody else.

Biggest issue was moving him to Raw with no clear plan in place. He's lost on the card with not much time on the show. I would put him with Ziggler & McIntyre and maybe have him and McIntyre win tag gold. This would allow his heel character to develop and give him some sort of push at the same time.

The guy can only do so much if Creative isn't going to give him anything interesting to do.

He's got a great entrance, and yes, it does lend itself to getting him more of a face pop, but that doesn't mean he can't be a good heel.

The New Age Outlaws were heels many times in the Attitude Era, yet fans would still chant along with that "Oh you didn't knoooowwwww??" line and the other stuff Road Dogg would say in the ring.

I'm not sure why WWE isn't just letting him do what he does best. Be a smug, arrogant heel. He looks down on everyone else and he can play up being rich and successful.

They've not even allowed him to show ANY of that on the main roster and even as a babyface, he's bland.

Why not when McIntyre and Ziggler started running around have Roode get involved with them? Have them attack some targets and then cut a promo announcing their team, give them a name like "Better Than You Inc." and they put the rest of the roster "on notice" and go from there.

If you did that, instantly Roode would be more relevant and the team would be more formidable than just McIntyre and Ziggler. You could also then have McIntyre and Roode feud with the Tag champs and win the titles. Run with that mid-to-upper card faction for a while. They can try to manipulate other wrestlers into joining them or facing the consequences and then you have multiple interesting paths you can go and something consistently on Raw that should be worth tuning into to see what's happening.

All that would be additional to whatever the Universal Title picture has going on. Of course, some of the members of this team could get involved, and then back down to mid-card, but it seems it would be more interesting than what's happening now!

Raw "Creative" are on auto-pilot. What's happening now is in no way the best they could come up with if they had to.

I would LOVE to see what would happen if WWE faced real, true competition like they did back in the 90s with WCW.

However, wait maybe a few years and if WWE keeps going on auto-pilot, WWE may start to actually feel competition... maybe from NJPW.

Solution is pretty simple. They need to turn his persona towards Bobby Roode 2011/12 when he began to hit his prime and was one of the top wrestlers in the world. Even reached number 2 in PWI rankings. Not sure why they are afraid to change or do anything with him? Is it because of his theme song. So be it. Let fans still sing. Let him be the character he excels at where he was being praised by guys like Ric Flair.

lol he was never going to be a main-event player.. Everybody needs a role on the show and this is his. No big deal, he'll be fine..

On top of being a bland face, Bobby Roode is, in my opinion, another casualty of the Brock Lesnar experiment. When your champion isn't there and you don't have a main event scene, it creates compression down the card. Suddenly you have like 10 guys all fighting in the same part of the card for wins and trying to get over. The result is that no one really gets over to the degree they should be or advancing their characters.

AJ Styles says hello.

It's different with A.J. Styles.

Based on his embarrassing last few years in TNA, (thanks to Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff), Styles was a jobbing joke, and if he went to WWE straight after, he would be in Bobby Roode's position now, or worse.

Instead, he went to Japan, and built up his brand again, so people forgot the guy who accidentally married Karen Angle on-air, was involved in the Claire Lynch saga, and had a storyline where he couldn't get a title shot for one year, and lost all the time. Instead, he got cred in Japan, and became a big star. WWE brought him in based on that, and he got his push because he was big in Japan (which holds some credibility, rather than his last couple of years in TNA).

Needs to turn heel. He sucks as a face. He needs that dick like persona. I agree with the guy that said pair him with McIntyre and Ziggler to create a stable. They could win tag gold because Monday Night Tag Team scene sucks anyways. I mean seriously... are they gonna have him feud with Mojo Rawley. If that happens you know you've fell way down the ladder. That's Main Event booking and barely pre-show PPV.

Glorious
No, I won't give in
I wont give in
'till i'm victorious
And I will defend
I will defend

Glorious
No, I won't give in
I wont give in
'till i'm victorious
and I will defend
I will defend
And I'll do what I must
No, I won't give in
I wont give in
Oh, so glorious
Until the end
Until the end

Read the lyrics to Bobby roode's theme song, are these the lyrics for heel or baby face? If you said baby face then you get why roode had problem getting over as a heel in NXT and why he a baby face on the main roster.

A theme song is the most important part of a wrestler overall presentation, if the song goes again what the character is suppose to be, then he is doom to fail as a character. That's one of the reason why in NXT the guy was cheered instead of booed because even through he was doing a great job as a heel, the song played against him. So when he got called up, he was stuck with the baby face character and he never recovered.

What I would do with him is pretty much like they did with nakamura, change turn him heel but also change the theme song as well. Give him that fit the character they want him to have. Roode isn't a lost cause, but until he got this song as a entrance theme, as good as the song is, he stuck in this mid card baby face role and He's way better then that.

Roode is in definite need of a heel turn hell he has needed a heel turn ever since making that jump over to the main roster from NXT. To think at one time Roode they compared him to a modern day Ric Flair or even a current day Triple H especially when he was in NXT. Roode needs to go back to what brought him to the dance and that is being a great heel. It ain't even like he can't be a great heel because we all know that he can be his work in TNA and NXT speaks for itself.

Read the lyrics to Bobby roode's theme song, are these the lyrics for heel or baby face? If you said baby face then you get why roode had problem getting over as a heel in NXT and why he a baby face on the main roster.

Did you even watch NXT? Yes, his theme song got pops because of how ostentatious and gaudy it is, but when the bell rang he was actively jeered. He was a damn good heel, who the crowd just happened to enjoy the entrance of. To say he wasn't "getting over as a heel" is a complete fallacy.

Did you even watch NXT? Yes, his theme song got pops because of how ostentatious and gaudy it is, but when the bell rang he was actively jeered. He was a damn good heel, who the crowd just happened to enjoy the entrance of. To say he wasn't "getting over as a heel" is a complete fallacy.

Yes at first he was getting booed, I remember because I thought he was doing a hell of a job as a heel. Then he won the title and the theme song became more and more popular and he was getting cheered more and more until he lost the belt to McIntyre where he was pretty much at the same level of popularity as McIntyre. So sure he was getting booed is first few month but when he became champion he wasn't able to stop the crowd from cheering him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back