Bo Dallas: No, More Bo!

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Bo Dallas is a weird looking motherfucker, isn't he? Pretty much the definition of a face only a mother could love. A babyface only a mother could love. He looks like an androgynous sex-bot sent back from the year 3000, presumably to piss Klunderbunker off to the point that he slashes his wrists, preventing KB's Wrestling Reviews from taking over the world. Bo's not the easiest guy to like, that's for sure. Maybe if he were more charismatic, maybe if he didn't wear one leather glove, maybe if he weren't always so happy for no apparent reason.

But rather - and we've been over this with different wrestlers a million times - that's the point, isn't it? Bo Dallas is a heel, you're not supposed to like him. I'm not sure how long he's been a heel - since he became NXT Champion, since he became 'tag team champion', since a fortnight ago - but it's longer than most people have acknowledged.

So as long as Bo keeps on putting on brilliant matches - against the likes of Antonio Cesaro, against Leo Kruger, against, almost certainly, Sami Zayn - and as long as he keeps me cheering that much harder for his opponent, I'll keep supporting him appearing on my television screen, if only because he makes me so goddamn angry.

I want to punch Bo Dallas in the face, and I like that.

I personally don't see anything in him, he is weird looking, he has less charisma then most people, his ring work is just ok the only thing he has going for him is his father was good and his brother has turned his career around and what has he done since winning the NXT title, NOTHING

Yeah, I know what you mean. The first time I laid eyes on the guy, I definitely got this androgynous sort of impression of him. He's not a handsome guy, he's not a flat out ugly guy, he's not a cute guy and he's not even average. He's just...shit I dunno...he really is just kind of a weird looking guy. Sometimes, depending on his facial expression and the angle, he looks Asian. Other times, he looks Caucasian. Sometimes he looks like a bit of both. When he's not smiling or grinning, he looks like he's pretty normal.

http://imgur.com/r/SquaredCircle/UyFyukX

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/bo-dallas

When you couple his look with the persona of his character, it's pretty easy for me to enjoy disliking the guy. If he's able to grow a beard, and I mean a beard rather than just what looks like patches of unkempt facial hair on his face, in order to hide behind, I don't know if I could cheer for the guy as a babyface. I get it if that sounds strange but, the guy's face is just so off putting.

Bo, Bo, Bo! How do you like it? How do you like it?

Switching Bo to heel was just another great move by Dusty and those in charge down in NXT. Not just switching him, but doing so in such a way that has taken prior fan dislike and channeled it thus garnering Bo more heat. In a time where WWE seems to be trying to have true heels and babyfaces, it made complete sense to turn Bo based off of the reactions he was getting, yet instead of making him edgy or dark, they just fed off of said reactions. It has absolutely worked, and as Sam said, the guy puts on good matches. Bo's in-ring talent in concert with being a genuinely despised heel more than justifies his place, and is just another example of how NXT is doing pro wrestling the right way.

what has he done since winning the NXT title, NOTHING

Firstly, his little minifeud - which is what most feuds in NXT qualify as, really - with Kruger was pretty decent. I don't think you can say Rollins or Langston did anything more substantial with the belt.

Secondly, that's being used as fuel for his feud with Sami Zayn: Zayn's been running the gauntlet of main roster talent since his debut (let's just pretend Curt Hawkins is "main roster talent" for a minute) while Bo's been taking the night off, yet still has the gall to be condescending prick.

I just cant get my head around this guy... the one point I have to disagree with on the OP's post is about his 'brilliant matches', so far from what I've seen the guy can't hold a candle to the likes of Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville or even Xavier Woods when it comes to in-ring ability so I really don't understand why he has been pushed as NXT champ. The fact he won the title as a face and got booed out of the building was never a good sign, and couple this with the canned cheering on the following episodes recaps of that moment showed me that they were desperately still trying to get him over as a face and still not getting the right live reactions made me think he would never last as champ.

HOWEVER, whether it be that the NXT powers that be were forced into turning him heel due to this or if that was the plan all along, the turn itself has done wonders for him. His interrupting of Zayn's interview last week and his new gimmick of being oblivious to this fan hate has shown a lot more for me of him. Like I said, I dont like his in-ring work and his 'white-meat babyface' gimmick of the past made him truly awful but now we get to see him dig his teeth into a real character he has started to show good charisma and a good handling of the live crowds. During that promo he had the crowd playing into his hands and the week later his 'shock' at costing Zayn the match v Swagger showed his ability to act very well, and considering the guy is only 23 he could still have quite a bright future ahead of him. I'm still not 100% sold on him, I think NXT have better prospects who should be champion but I think with a bit of work he could become a WWE star of the future.

What they SHOULDN'T do with him is recall him from development for a good while, his first run in the big leagues was disastrous and a major problem with NXT is that being champion generally means a WWE call up is imminent, and therefore I think he should have a few runs with the title in NXT, becoming its first long-term star who can have numerous title runs and time to develop before being called up in a few years time. At the moment he should be more of an NXT mid to upper mid- carder but unfortunately hes been pushed too far too soon, but now if they push him any higher to WWE he'll fail and if they demote him after losing the title then it'll be assumed they have lost faith in him so he'll never really make it. The best option is for him to just remain around the NXT main event for the foreseeable future.

Bo-Disney_0619_zpsb2a59623.png

^This was honestly one of the most brilliant bits I've seen in wrestling. I think Bo might have been born to play the naive wrestling face that everyone hates. It's just incredibly entertaining in a perverse sort of way to see obvious heels whomp him and hear the crowd reaction towards it... when Kruger blindsided him after a match, the "Thank you, Kruger" chant that followed was priceless.

What would be weird about coming to the main roster is that his gimmick mirrors John Cena's-- both being the faces that people are "supposed" to like but for the most part don't. It's a little different--Cena is aware of the crowd's hatred; a lot of Cena's hate comes from the fact that he's virtually invincible--but I wonder if/how two should-be-face-but-aren't-superstars could coexist on the same roster. Dare I say... tag team champs..?

Many times over my lengthy tenure here in the IWC, I've seen many people lose their minds when talking bad about the Greatest Wrestler of All Time, John Cena. And much of that talk was aimed at the most trivial of details. I've seen many, many people who think they're "smart to the business" bitch for days on end about how Cena smiles too much and doesn't take anything seriously. I've never understood how people could find a simple, innocuous smile so annoying.

And then I met Bo Dallas.

Now I'm not one to brag about how I was the first on a bandwagon (Sure, I arrived to the "Punk vs Cena in Chicago is going to be a CLASSIC!" party back in 2007; But this thread isn't about that!). But it needs to be said: I hated Bo Dallas long before any of you (except for maybe Remix and Period) hated Bo Dollas.

Within the first five minutes of the first episode of NXT at Full Sail, I hated Bo Dallas. The man put me off NXT for months. He was the first wrestler out of the curtain for WWE's new developmental show. That's a big spot. It makes him the man who's got to win over new fans, showcase the best of WWE's developmental system, and give us a promise for the future of the business.

What I got was a video package filled with much talk of family heritage, followed by the goofiest-looking plucky babyface I've ever seen in my life. It was mild-to-irrationally-strong annoyance at first sight. This was the man WWE saw fit to cart out as the potential future of their company? I know I'm going to sound like a D-Man-esque grumpy old curmudgeon, but I felt that the future was doomed. I was over NXT within minutes. Such is the power of Bo Dallas.

Now that everyone else wants to break his face one tooth at a time, I've come to enjoy hating him. It's beautiful in that even wrestling fans normally aren't that slow to catch onto something. WWE's finally figured out what they have in this guy. And any time that happens, it makes for good television.

I've turned a corner on Bo Dallas. Future of the business? I can't see why not!

God damn it. That's why looks matter, no matter in attraction or the wrestling business.

Fcking Bo Dallas's face is just unbearable, it gives me an uncomfortable, excruciating disgusting feeling like no other.

And, that is why if WWE made him a super goofy cheesy face like Cena, he would create a monster heel.

And for that reason only, I want Bo Faglas to stay in WWE.

Many times over my lengthy tenure here in the IWC, I've seen many people lose their minds when talking bad about the Greatest Wrestler of All Time, John Cena. And much of that talk was aimed at the most trivial of details. I've seen many, many people who think they're "smart to the business" bitch for days on end about how Cena smiles too much and doesn't take anything seriously. I've never understood how people could find a simple, innocuous smile so annoying.

Now I'm not one to brag about how I was the first on a bandwagon (Sure, I arrived to the "Punk vs Cena in Chicago is going to be a CLASSIC!" party back in 2007; But this thread isn't about that!). But it needs to be said: I hated Bo Dallas long before any of you (except for maybe Remix and Period) hated Bo Dollas.

Within the first five minutes of the first episode of NXT at Full Sail, I hated Bo Dallas. The man put me off NXT for months. He was the first wrestler out of the curtain for WWE's new developmental show. That's a big spot. It makes him the man who's got to win over new fans, showcase the best of WWE's developmental system, and give us a promise for the future of the business.

What I got was a video package filled with much talk of family heritage, followed by the goofiest-looking plucky babyface I've ever seen in my life. It was mild-to-irrationally-strong annoyance at first sight. This was the man WWE saw fit to cart out as the potential future of their company? I know I'm going to sound like a D-Man-esque grumpy old curmudgeon, but I felt that the future was doomed. I was over NXT within minutes. Such is the power of Bo Dallas.

Now that everyone else wants to break his face one tooth at a time, I've come to enjoy hating him. It's beautiful in that even wrestling fans normally aren't that slow to catch onto something. WWE's finally figured out what they have in this guy. And any time that happens, it makes for good television.

I've turned a corner on Bo Dallas. Future of the business? I can't see why not!

What fucking rock were you living under? EVERYONE HATED BO DALLAS. No one ever liked his stupid face on their TV/computer screens. Ever since he came out, all you could read on the internet was about how annoying and ridiculous Bo Dallas was. And when he debuted at the Rumble, NO ONE wanted him on Raw. There's a reason his feud with Wade went nowhere. It's because no one in the crowd and no one at home cared for him.

It's funny how you think you can "brag" about being the first one to hate Bo. That's like bragging about being the first person to hate on Michael Bay.

Bo Dallas is a weird looking motherfucker, isn't he? Pretty much the definition of a face only a mother could love. A babyface only a mother could love. He looks like an androgynous sex-bot sent back from the year 3000, presumably to piss Klunderbunker off to the point that he slashes his wrists, preventing KB's Wrestling Reviews from taking over the world. Bo's not the easiest guy to like, that's for sure. Maybe if he were more charismatic, maybe if he didn't wear one leather glove, maybe if he weren't always so happy for no apparent reason.

Okay, your opening argument for this debate is "Bo Dallas is a weird looking motherfucker", and you validate that with a set of insults that Michael Sorrentino would be embarrassed to have expressed. I get that you would see Bo Dallas and immediately imagine a robot programmed for sex, that's a fair setup for a dumbass like you. Now, tying that mixed metaphor into an apparent jab at KB does nothing to encourage the rest of us to relate to it or better understand it. It was a pathetic attempt at an insult and a desperate attempt to explain it in an amusing way.

Bo's not an easy guy to like? Do you honestly think that your word carries so much merit that you don't have to explain any of your wild conclusions? I'll start believing that Bo isn't easy to like when you can prove that communicating like an adult isn't outside of your range. Petty insults are not explanations.

But rather - and we've been over this with different wrestlers a million times - that's the point, isn't it? Bo Dallas is a heel, you're not supposed to like him. I'm not sure how long he's been a heel - since he became NXT Champion, since he became 'tag team champion', since a fortnight ago - but it's longer than most people have acknowledged.

If I ever need to associate an identity with the term "educated moron", I'll refer to anything you've ever posted. Indeed, being a heel can at times involve playing a guy who draws heat because he plays an obnoxious goody two shoes. Nobody cares how long he's filled that role, and nobody cares how long you've been aware of it. You observed that you don't realize how long he's played this role, and then stated with certainty that "it's longer than most people have acknowledged". Most people don't care, most people have more interesting ideas to discuss, most people aren't as fucking stupid as you.

So as long as Bo keeps on putting on brilliant matches - against the likes of Antonio Cesaro, against Leo Kruger, against, almost certainly, Sami Zayn - and as long as he keeps me cheering that much harder for his opponent, I'll keep supporting him appearing on my television screen, if only because he makes me so goddamn angry.

I want to punch Bo Dallas in the face, and I like that.

I, umm, yeah, wait, what? Did you lose track of what your point was? This thread is titled "Bo Dallas: No, More Bo!". See, in this world there's genuine genius and then there's idiots who think that presenting vague symbolism with no actual solution is good enough to be genius.

You put Bo's name before a colon, indicating that what follows is a summary of Bo as a perfomer or that he's verbally saying what follows. "No, More Bo!" indicates that instead of saying "No more Bo!" you're suggesting subtly that after having Bo Dallas referenced we should say "NO" and then suggest we want more of him. So basically, in your idiocy you just want the title to inspire questions that don't have any answers. Fine, you love him because you hate him. Got it. Just keep in mind, posting stupid shit online isn't a career.

I like how they turned him heel without turning him heel, his act is pretty interesting in that he's playing it as naive "They aren't booing, they are saying Boooooooo" but then does something like costing Zayn the match against Swagger and insincerely acts upset, so it leaves you with a little uncertainty which is good.

As for his face, it's kind of like a human/chipmunk hybrid, and that hair is just begging creative to bust out the old Japanese shampoo commercial angle.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The first time I laid eyes on the guy, I definitely got this androgynous sort of impression of him. He's not a handsome guy, he's not a flat out ugly guy, he's not a cute guy and he's not even average. He's just...shit I dunno...he really is just kind of a weird looking guy. Sometimes, depending on his facial expression and the angle, he looks Asian. Other times, he looks Caucasian. Sometimes he looks like a bit of both. When he's not smiling or grinning, he looks like he's pretty normal.

Don't you dare pin him on us whitey! In any expression.

His appeal is so different and indifferent. I like how they gave him a fucking Belly To Belly as a finisher. That was so goddamn believable I nearly shat my pants. And then he pinned a bunch of wrestlers with that move, and then I did, shit my pants.

Thai food Thursdays.

I watched NXT for everything but the title. And still do. But I can tell you, the last match of his I saw, he did another Belly To Belly; I have only 2 clean pair of underwears now. I don't dislike him immensely rather I want everyone to Vader punch him. He has a very palpable dislikeable quality and yet he is weasely enough to pull of OK matches.

I hope he gets pushed on Raw...off the ramp.

Whats wrong with being happy. i bet dollars to doughnuts . if he came to the main roster as a Heyman guy every one that is complaining about him would love the guy .there are a lot of pro wrestling fans that are hypocrites. for the better part of two years it seemed every message board i went to there was post after post about turning Randy orton heel. the finally do it. and those same people that wanted orton heel so bad are now bitching about it .

Petty insults are not explanations.

Just keep in mind, posting stupid shit online isn't a career.

Alright, aspergers. This is either brilliant irony or you're a twat. Either way, I'm impressed.

Right? It's brilliant, isn't it? I can only conclude that he's a once in a lifetime wrestler. A proper run at the main shows should prove my suspicions.

If I were WWE, I'd re-debut him with a series of vignettes called "Bo Dallas's World". A Happy-go-lucky place with overly cheery music and bright colors where Bo runs around with an obnoxious smile on his face.

Then someone comes in with a genuine problem: a missing child, a pet hit by a car, etc., asking for help. Then Bo tells them to calm down ("stress isn't good for your health!") chides the person for being such a negative nelly, and walks away with that stupid grin on his face, leaving without doing a thing to help.

A few weeks of that, and he'll be booed out the building when he makes his ring debut. :)

Bo Dallas's turn heel was just as good as the Double Turn at Payback with Del Rio and Ziggler. It's so entertaining to see him do face things and then get mercilessly booed out of Full Sail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back