• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BLACK College Football Hall Of Fame? How is this not like, the most racist thing ever

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
Fucking REALLY? I thought we were LONG Past the days of "whites only-Blacks only" facilities, but apparently not.

This year is the inaugral class of the Black College Hall Of Fame. Please, can anyone give me the slightest bit of an excuse why in the fuck this is a good idea? How this isn't blatantly racist and hypocrtical to support of equality? If a Hall of fame opened tomorrow that only allowed white people, there would be fucking riots in the streets.

And seriously, are black people not gaining enough recognition and respect in the REGULAR College Football Hall Of Fame? Really? These people (not blacks, idiots I mean) feel they need something special and exclusive divided by fucking race for it to be right?

Get the FUCK out of here. It isn't the least bit necessary, fair, or needed. It amazes me shit like this is even still done. Its fucking 2010. The President is bi-racial, for fucks sake.

The "Black College Football Hall Of Fame" fucking disgusts me.

I assume this hall of fame is for the historically black colleges like Grambling, Southern, Alcorn State, Jackson State, etc. I'm not too particularly fond of it but I can see why they want to do it. If guys like Doug Williams and Steve McNair are in the college football hall of fame, I assume that they will be in this one too and I have no real problem with it. You do have a point that if there was a white college football hall of fame, everybody would be critcizing it and saying that it is racist. I don't like the idea but I'm not going to be up in arms about it and I doubt it will get a whole lot of national attention.

I made a point a while back, on a similar topic involving race, and I feel it fits well here.

The movie White Men Can't Jump, and accepted movie title.

Now lets change the title to Black Men Can't Swim, just as much as a stereotype as the first title, but just imagine the uproar if such a tile was actually released.

I 100% completely agree with NorCal, he said it perfectly, are we really not passed the days of separate facilities for different races. If we keep trying to separate different races, how the hell do we expect fully move forward.

If there are black athletes from the past who are not in the College football HOF, Why not just put them in the HOF? why must we make a "special" HOF just for black athletes. Black athletes who where left out of the HOF for any reason should just be put into the current College Football HOF. Side by side with everyone else.

This is just one example of where this double standard hypocritical nonsense takes place, our fucking college admissions system is more fucked than anything else that has to do with race. To the point where grades come second to your race, pretty fucked imo.

Sorry to get off topic, but race issues really are in the past, especially for my generation, I'm 23, born in 1986 and race is never an issue with me, or with anyone that I know. It seems to be more of the older generation that won't let it go, older generations weather it be black or white, preaching hate to the younger generation. Weather Its an old white dude, who still thinks its cool to pimp the confederate flag, because great grandpa fought for the south back in the day. Or an old black guy who preaches hate on all white man because of something that no one in this current generation had anything to do with. Its all nonsense and it need to stop.

In closing, the Black College Football Hall of Fame, is a joke, another step in the wrong direction, one more unnecessary step backwards through time, way to set the clock back College Football.

I made a point a while back, on a similar topic involving race, and I feel it fits well here.

The movie White Men Can't Jump, and accepted movie title.

Now lets change the title to Black Men Can't Swim, just as much as a stereotype as the first title, but just imagine the uproar if such a tile was actually released.

I 100% completely agree with NorCal, he said it perfectly, are we really not passed the days of separate facilities for different races. If we keep trying to separate different races, how the hell do we expect fully move forward.

If there are black athletes from the past who are not in the College football HOF, Why not just put them in the HOF? why must we make a "special" HOF just for black athletes. Black athletes who where left out of the HOF for any reason should just be put into the current College Football HOF. Side by side with everyone else.

This is just one example of where this double standard hypocritical nonsense takes place, our fucking college admissions system is more fucked than anything else that has to do with race. To the point where grades come second to your race, pretty fucked imo.

Sorry to get off topic, but race issues really are in the past, especially for my generation, I'm 23, born in 1986 and race is never an issue with me, or with anyone that I know. It seems to be more of the older generation that won't let it go, older generations weather it be black or white, preaching hate to the younger generation. Weather Its an old white dude, who still thinks its cool to pimp the confederate flag, because great grandpa fought for the south back in the day. Or an old black guy who preaches hate on all white man because of something that no one in this current generation had anything to do with. Its all nonsense and it need to stop.

In closing, the Black College Football Hall of Fame, is a joke, another step in the wrong direction, one more unnecessary step backwards through time, way to set the clock back College Football.

I think you are misunderstanding the point of this hall of fame. It's not there, in my opinion, to induct black athletes who didn't make it to the college football of fame. This is specifically for football players from historically black colleges. Jerry Rice and Walter Payton are among the first inductees and they are from Mississippi Valley State and Jackson State respectively which are black colleges. So I know that the only inductees in this hall of fame are going to be football players from historically black colleges and universities.

I think you are misunderstanding the point of this hall of fame. It's not there, in my opinion, to induct black athletes who didn't make it to the college football of fame. This is specifically for football players from historically black colleges. Jerry Rice and Walter Payton are among the first inductees and they are from Mississippi Valley State and Jackson State respectively which are black colleges. So I know that the only inductees in this hall of fame are going to be football players from historically black colleges and universities.

Whats the point of making this hall of fame?

Jerry Rice was inducted into the College Football HOF in 2006, it states the College that he attended was Mississippi Valley State.

Walter Payton inducted into the College Football HOF in 1999, it states the college that he attended was Jackson State.

Both of them, and the schools they attended are represented in the current College Football HOF. What is the point of now having a hall of fame where just black players can be inducted, when said players are already in the top HOF that they can be in.

Seems like overkill to me, this is unnecessary, especially since they are inducted players who are already in the College Football HOF.

It isn't just for Black College, its just for Black PEOPLE, to clarify. Even still, who gives a shit if its for Black Colleges. It's not like people from historically black colleges aren't eligible for the Hall OF Fame that EVERYONE is allowed to be a part of?

It isn't just for Black College, its just for Black PEOPLE, to clarify. Even still, who gives a shit if its for Black Colleges. It's not like people from historically black colleges aren't eligible for the Hall OF Fame that EVERYONE is allowed to be a part of?

http://www.blackcollegefootballhof.org/

I have less of a problem with it now than assuming it was just for black people specifically. I honestly don't think people will be up in arms about it since they are inducting players from historically black colleges and universities. In some way, it would be a way for those schools to get a little recognition in the media that they don't normally get.

As I said before, are they not eligible for the regular Hall Of Fame? They get plenty of all the recognition they deserve. There is no reason to go the extra step and exclude everyone else.

As I said before, are they not eligible for the regular Hall Of Fame? They get plenty of all the recognition they deserve. There is no reason to go the extra step and exclude everyone else.

I've been around many a person who has brought up the question why are there colleges specifically for African-Americans and I constantly tell them that all races are accepted into those universities. At Ole Miss we have a Black Student Union with white members and I'm a member of the National Society of Black Engineers in which we have Egyptian and Hispanic members. To the outsider it seems like we are excluding everyone else, but we're really not.

As it relates to this, I don't know if there any famous white football players form black colleges and universities. That is why the BLACK part strikes a nerve with me the most. It seems like they are giving the impression that they are saying that only black players from these colleges get in but there are white football players that play on these teams and I hope they can and should be eligible as well.

and if they DONT get in, then people will say "well if they were good enough, they would have"

OH WAIT JUST LIKE THESE BLACK SCHOOL PLAYERS AND THE REAL HALL OF FAME? Right. No point in making yet ANOTHER division, and base for JUST the black schools. Thats ridiculous, and unecessary, and im not sure who will see this as distinction or credible.

Hey fuck it, lets have a Hall Of Fame that only allows people from Schools in California in. Or Teams that wear green socks. They may not get the recognition they deserve, y'know

I surmise most of the inductees are already inducted into the college football hall of fame so the question of how good he would have to be to get in wouldn't be a problem. Would people be up in arms if a black football player who wasn't good enough into the college football hall of fame got into the black college football hall of fame? That is something to consider. You creating this thread about it is the first time I've heard of this which goes to show how the media has or will portray this. If it was for white players only, best believe everyone will throw a fit over it.

Fucking REALLY? I thought we were LONG Past the days of "whites only-Blacks only" facilities, but apparently not.

This year is the inaugral class of the Black College Hall Of Fame. Please, can anyone give me the slightest bit of an excuse why in the fuck this is a good idea? How this isn't blatantly racist and hypocrtical to support of equality? If a Hall of fame opened tomorrow that only allowed white people, there would be fucking riots in the streets.

And seriously, are black people not gaining enough recognition and respect in the REGULAR College Football Hall Of Fame? Really? These people (not blacks, idiots I mean) feel they need something special and exclusive divided by fucking race for it to be right?

Get the FUCK out of here. It isn't the least bit necessary, fair, or needed. It amazes me shit like this is even still done. Its fucking 2010. The President is bi-racial, for fucks sake.

The "Black College Football Hall Of Fame" fucking disgusts me.

I have a problem with that statement that you made. Big Time.

For one, I went to a black college(Texas Southern University) and a majority of your NFL players went to black colleges ie Michael Strahan(Texas Southern), Steve Mcnair(Alcorn State)(RIP), Jerry Rice(Mississippi Valley State), Walter Payton(Jackson State), Doug Williams(Grambling), etc. A lot of those athletes did not get the opportunity to go to the bigger schools, and the winningest coach of history Eddie Robinson(Grambling State University), didn't get an opportunity to showcase his talents against the bigger schools.

And, also, why are you getting so worked up over a hall of fame for Athletes who played for Black Colleges? What's wrong with Black Empowerment?

You Lost!

And that post that you made shows your age and immaturity.

ummmm, I can't speak for NorCal, but you may want to rethink your "majority of NFL players" comment. Players from traditionally black colleges, which are going to be FCS or DII schools are going to make up less than 1% of the players in the NFL. The "majority" of NFL players come from the FBS, or Division IA. From schools such as Florida, Michigan, Oklahoma, USC, Notre Dame, etc, not from Grambling, Southern or other all-black college. You are a total moron for making that statement. If it were even remotely true, all the good black athletes would go to those schools instead of the football powerhouse schools. Every now and then a black NFL prospect might emerge, but they are the exception, not the rule. Most NFL players come from the mixed schools, and I openly challenge you to prove me wrong.

Wow, bumping an EXTREMELY dead thread, are we? Zombie threads aren't cool, man, and this was on page 16. Worst part of it is you bumped it so that you can make yourself look like fool.
I have a problem with that statement that you made. Big Time.
Good, and NorCal will rip your arms off and beat you to death with them. I'd pay to see it.

For one, I went to a black college(Texas Southern University) and a majority of your NFL players went to black colleges ie Michael Strahan(Texas Southern), Steve Mcnair(Alcorn State)(RIP), Jerry Rice(Mississippi Valley State), Walter Payton(Jackson State), Doug Williams(Grambling), etc.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, a MAJORITY?!?!!? Do you have even the foggiest idea of what you're talking about? Davi said it best, you get one or 2 NFL players from one of those institutions a year, and the rest all come from co-ed Division I Football Bowl Subdivision schools.

A lot of those athletes did not get the opportunity to go to the bigger schools, and the winningest coach of history Eddie Robinson(Grambling State University), didn't get an opportunity to showcase his talents against the bigger schools.
1. Your grammar sucks. "Winningest coach of history?" How do you coach history? And winningest has the little red squiggly line under it since it's not a word. Spell-check if your friend.
2. Eddie Robinson doesn't have the most college football wins. He is 2nd. Joe Gagliardi (Div. III St. Johns University, Minnesota) has 471, Robinson has 408. And most likely he will be passed next season by Joe Paterno (who's currently at 401, and still active).
3. The players at historically black colleges (for the most part) didn't get the chance to showcase their talents at the bigger schools because they weren't good enough. Sure, you might get 1 or 2 who want to honor their race by going to a Historically Black College, but for the most part that isn't the case.

And, also, why are you getting so worked up over a hall of fame for Athletes who played for Black Colleges? What's wrong with Black Empowerment?
As has been said in this thread many times over, the problem with "Black Empowerment" is the same problem with "White Empowerment." It's racism. If there were "Historically White Colleges" and a "White College Hall of Fame", black people would be up in arms claiming racism. People get worked up about it because the idea of a racially segregated hall of fame is racist. Black Colleges get people into the real College Football Hall of Fame when they're deserving.
You Lost!

And that post that you made shows your age and immaturity.
1. "You Lost!" proves YOUR immaturity, by claiming an argument that you started over before the opponent has a chance for a rebuttal.
2. Sorry, but again, you picked on the wrong person. NorCal is one of the most respected people on here, and is likely one of the LEAST immature posters as well.
3. Age means fuck all. There are plenty of young posters who for the most part are well written and garner respect, just like there are plenty of older posters who are the most immature pieces of crap known to man.
4. Honestly, your post was the first post of the argument, and the sad thing is you lost without a rebuttal, because what you said was one of the most pathetic things I have ever read on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back