• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bill Lesnar poses the question...How well does TNA actually treat its wrestlers?

Bill Lesnar

Occasional Pre-Show
Bill lesnar has this say:

the company has many faults. Pushing risky guys, depushing home grown and loyal talent. Failure to move from the Impact zone, bad booking etc Bill lesnar could go on, but he wont, as this is not what the thread is about.

Earlier this year, this happened and it was revolting, a completly unnecessary unprotected head shot on Rob Terry, that could have caused terrible damage to him and ended his career. Not only is this a bad for Terry, but it is a terrible image for the company and hurts them financially as after seeing this, it wont bring in the investors they need. This shouldnt have happened, it was sloppy and was a show of poor management.

[youtube]ar_felxzSFA[/youtube]

just disgusting. It actually reminded Bill lesnar of a random zoo he went to in Hong Kong, where the animals were treated like shit. A bear was trapped in a cage with no where to sit or move, aswell as dirty water etc.

Now again, Jeff Hardy hits Anderson in the back of head, legit blood, and one of the worst botches he has ever seen (how could you hit his head?), once again really poor form, tacky and above all dangerous as it could have ended one of the most promising stars in the business career...this sort of crap is so avoidable. It also begs the question, was Hardy pissed etc?, REALLY POOR Management. BILL LESNAR JUST SAID TAKE CARE OF YOUR WRESTLERS TNA

Now read this on Goldust stating he had really bad drug probs in TNA

WWE talent Dustin Rhodes (a/k/a Goldust) speaks frankly and openly about his journey through the professional wrestling industry in his newly released autobiography, Cross Rhodes: Goldust, Out of the Darkness. He gives a no-holds barred account of his severe drug problems, which notably persisted during his two stints with TNA Wrestling. In the book, he admits that his issues had worsened to the point that he was using cocaine prior to matches for the organization in 2005. Regarding this, he wrote:

"Eventually, and thanks to my dad, I started working for Total Nonstop Action for $1,000 a show. He was the boss, right under Dixie Carter. TNA wasn't doing too well at that point, but I had a job making okay money. I could drive home just about every night. All I was doing was what little I had to do in the ring, then hanging out spending my money on coke, pills, and booze.

"I started making excuses for why I couldn't hang with Dakota. Subconsciously I probably knew I didn't want her around me or my girlfriend because the environment was so toxic. Despite the chaos, I showed up every night for work. I have no idea how I was able to stay on point with work at that time. One of my cardinal rules was never to drink before I worked a match. I wouldn't consider doing coke before a match either. I'd take painkillers, fine. I had been taking painkillers for so long that I had convinced myself I really need them. I was taking medicine because I worked in a tough business. That was the story I had cemented into my mind. But drugs have a way of altering everything, including the stories you tell yourself. Eventually, I started doing a little coke before matches while retaining my vow to never drink alcohol before I go into the ring, as if that was something to be proud of."

Rhodes parted ways with TNA Wrestling after being arrested on April 25, 2005 and charged with misdemeanor battery following a domestic incident with his girlfriend at the Hard Rock Hotel in Orlando, Florida. He would return to the organization two years later as the split personality character Black Reign. He said that time was the hardest period of his life as his painkiller usage increased.

"Every morning, as soon as I pulled myself out of bed, I'd take three Vicodins or Lortabs just to get moving. I was sore and pretty banged up physically, but over time pain pills exaggerated rather than eliminated whatever pain I was feeling. It was a slow process for me to get into the day. I'd get that first rush from pills and then I'd get moving. I might do something around the house, or jump into my truck and drive to the river to work on this book."

He continues disclosing his severe self-medication issues, which culminated with the following in early 2008:

"I was probably taking close to forty pills a day at the end. I was so desperate that I actually bought pain pills from drug dealers because I would run out long before I could find another doctor to write a prescription. If I dropped a pill and it fell into the carpet, I would spend hours down on my hands and knees trying to find it. At the same time I was drinking so much that I'd wake up dizzy and unable to walk.

"Finally, after a three-day binge, I'd had enough. It was raining, I pulled myself up and walked right out the door. The rain was pouring down and I stumbled up a hill near this house where I knew I could get cell-phone reception. Somehow, I managed to call my dad. It was four thirty in the morning. I was falling down the hill in the mud. Ta-rel (his girlfriend) was trying to hold me up. I was scared half to death. I managed to get into the house, soaking wet.

"I had found the bottom."

Rhodes, still affiliated with TNA Wrestling, then reveals calling Ann Russo-Gordon, the liaison between World Wrestling Entertainment and talent who take up the company's offer for rehab. He remained locked away in a rehabilitation center for thirty days to face his demons and was successful. He credits his family and WWE, which he also considers family, for helping him turn his life around. He says he has remained sober since May 20, 2008.

seriously this is unacceptable. When WWE introduced their wellness policy, they new they would sacrifice certain things (look at that fatty edge), but at the end of the day their wrestlers are clean and healthy. This is once again why WWE is a MUCH better better company than TNA, its so much better organised.

Bill Lesnar wants to know WZ's take on TNAs treatment of their guys, because from what Bill lesnar has read,heard and seen its shite.

Do TNA need to take better care of thier wrestlers before something really bad happens?

I could mention a great many things you do not understand but how is something that happened in 2004-2005 relevant? WWE did not have a wellness policy then either. Then he had a painkiller problem in 2007-2008. If no one in WWE had a painkiller issue then I would be shocked. His time with TNA concluded over 2 and a half years ago anyway. That doesn't prove much about the now. In fact WWE only just recently supposedly banned muscle relaxers, which is essentially what Rhodes was probably having an issue with.

How exactly are all these wrestlers that spent significant time in WWE still dying young if the WWE policy is getting the job done? Jeff Hardy is arrested with vicodin, somas and steroids two weeks after he left wwe and we are to believe he wasn't on them or was the only one using those things while he was with the company? It is anecdotal (like rhodes story) but Angle was a mess in wwe (painkillers among other things) and certainly seemed to clear up many of his problems in TNA.

The wellness policy was in place for over a year before the Benoit incident. One of many problems with the wellness policy is that there is no external oversight over what happens once WWE gets the results. I think both companies do the minimum. WWE has to do a little more for various reasons related to the size of their company. They also tend to publicize what they do for pr reasons while TNA doesn't really need to do so. Interestingly enough it was Dixie that did go testify to congress after the Benoit incident.

You can debate if either company should have to do much in the first place but that isn't what this is about. The bottom line is that anyone saying the WWE policy is something great is in denial. Possibly a slightly better baby step in the right direction, yes. But that is all. There is much more that needs to be done. To ignore that is to be part of the problem IMO. Unprotected chair shots are a questionable idea but they are somewhat blown out of proportion, especially when talking about concussions. Many an "acceptable" bump is just as if not more of a risk for concussions because of landing and whipping your head back into the mat or whatever surface. I personally find the WWE schedule itself to be much more detrimental to the health of wrestlers than anything else.

I could mention a great many things you do not understand but how is something that happened in 2004-2005 relevant? WWE did not have a wellness policy then either. Then he had a painkiller problem in 2007-2008. If no one in WWE had a painkiller issue then I would be shocked. His time with TNA concluded over 2 and a half years ago anyway. That doesn't prove much about the now. In fact WWE only just recently supposedly banned muscle relaxers, which is essentially what Rhodes was probably having an issue with.

How exactly are all these wrestlers that spent significant time in WWE still dying young if the WWE policy is getting the job done? Jeff Hardy is arrested with vicodin, somas and steroids two weeks after he left wwe and we are to believe he wasn't on them or was the only one using those things while he was with the company? It is anecdotal (like rhodes story) but Angle was a mess in wwe (painkillers among other things) and certainly seemed to clear up many of his problems in TNA.

The wellness policy was in place for over a year before the Benoit incident. One of many problems with the wellness policy is that there is no external oversight over what happens once WWE gets the results. I think both companies do the minimum. WWE has to do a little more for various reasons related to the size of their company. They also tend to publicize what they do for pr reasons while TNA doesn't really need to do so. Interestingly enough it was Dixie that did go testify to congress after the Benoit incident.

You can debate if either company should have to do much in the first place but that isn't what this is about. The bottom line is that anyone saying the WWE policy is something great is in denial. Possibly a slightly better baby step in the right direction, yes. But that is all. There is much more that needs to be done. To ignore that is to be part of the problem IMO. Unprotected chair shots are a questionable idea but they are somewhat blown out of proportion, especially when talking about concussions. Many an "acceptable" bump is just as if not more of a risk for concussions because of landing and whipping your head back into the mat or whatever surface. I personally find the WWE schedule itself to be much more detrimental to the health of wrestlers than anything else.

thats all well and good, but instead of scrambling all over the place, Bill lesnar just said ditch the flowery language and get to the point, Angle was overworked in the wwe, and Vince accepted that fine and let him go to TNA, where they promised him a lighter schedule to actually get him, TNA wont overwork him becuase thye will lose him if they do, and cant risk that. FFS Bill LESnar knows that WWE wernt good in the past with treament of thier wrestlers, but WWE hardened up, and TNA need to follow suit for the good of thier company

Bill lesnar just said wwe hardened up BIG time after the wellness policy, firing risky guys etc. Explain Jeff getting a fireball in the face for one, and what are your thoughts on the Rob Terry chairshot

Bill Lesnar just said what about this

Daffney injured in a dark match tonight. Taken to hospital in ambulance. She will be ok. Will let you know updates once I confirm.” “Daffney has been released from the hospital. She has a deeply bruised sternum & a severe stinger (temp spinal trauma) but no nerve damage.” - April 20th, 2010.

Rosey Love was signed straight after, Bill lesnar could go on, but he wont as he doesnt need to. WWE 2010, have hardened up big time and in 2009...go on how is the wwe policy not bad now in 2010.

thats all well and good, but instead of scrambling all over the place, Bill lesnar just said ditch the flowery language and get to the point, Angle was overworked in the wwe, and Vince accepted that fine and let him go to TNA, where they promised him a lighter schedule to actually get him, TNA wont overwork him becuase thye will lose him if they do, and cant risk that.

So you agree the TNA schedule is more conducive to health than WWE's, correct?

Why are you bringing up in-ring accidents like the WWE doesn't have any?

Bill lesnar could go on, but he wont as he doesnt need to.

Yep. Do not risk making a point, it would shatter your image. Repeating "hardened up" doesn't make it true thats what she said to you

WWE 2010, have hardened up big time and in 2009...go on how is the wwe policy not bad now in 2010.

Yet almost all of your post about TNA is before this time frame. Convenient double standard isn't it? WWE policy still has many flaws and pretending it is sufficient doesn't help anyone. As long as WWE keeps up its schedule and is allowed to essentially exempt talent from various questionable practices the problems will still exist.

So you agree the TNA schedule is more conducive to health than WWE's, correct?

Why are you bringing up in-ring accidents like the WWE doesn't have any?

Yep. Do not risk making a point, it would shatter your image. Repeating "hardened up" doesn't make it true thats what she said to you

Yet almost all of your post about TNA is before this time frame. Convenient double standard isn't it? WWE policy still has many flaws and pretending it is sufficient doesn't help anyone. As long as WWE keeps up its schedule and is allowed to essentially exempt talent from various questionable practices the problems will still exist.

okay seeing as though you dont want to address Bill lesnars posts properly and instead shift the focus onto WWEs fantastic work in treating their wrestlers and preserving am amazing image, Bill lesnar will put in real short and sweet

explain

anderson and terrys chairshots + storm blowing a fireball in hardys face. Just 3 extremely stupid and dangerous things that have happened in TNA this year

Bill, have you read how little TNA pays its tallent? According to Chuck Palumbo, midcarders make $500 per match before tax and then have to pay for their hotel, health insurance and everything else. WWE at least pays guys more and looks after them should they get injured in the ring.

nah Bill lesnar hasn't actually searched around for that stuff, doesn't surprise Bill lesnar actually. Bill lesnar does wonder if TNA talent ever gets bored never traveling in all. Sadly none of them will ever get to perform at Madison Sqaure Garden, Staples centre, Astrodome etc

TNA tallent travel quite a bit. Magnus, for example flys in from england to do the tapings and then flys back. Which has gotta suck on $500 a match.

Very well researched Bill. As Remixie said the pay in TNA is appaling, Gen Me was last reported to be making $200 per appearance and Taylor WIlde was paid so low she had to work in a sunglasses shop.

yet once again shattered dreams has failed to address Bill Lesnars post. Yes WWE are doing a great job with their wrestlers even ted jr acknowledged how strong they are with the wellness policy (although he might be kissing ass more than usual to not get fired)

the question was about TNA and their piss poor treatment of their wrestlers

Surely you kid good sir!

No she said in an interview with juiceboxdotcom.com(In case any TNA mark questions this i have the exact link to the interview!):

I was working at Sunglass Hut at a mall in Mississauga, a job that could be maintained by a monkey, so standing around for six hours earning minimum wage wasn’t the issue. But after serving this one customer for an extended period of time he ever so politely uttered, ‘Aren’t you the TNA Woman’s Knockout Champion?’ I handed in my resignation that day

Should tell you something.

Bill raises a very good point here. WWE protects it's wrestlers from dangerous chair shots to the head like this and also looks after it's current (and past talent) should they suffer any major setbacks/problems, including both injuries and rehab for substance abuse. TNA on the other hand appears to be concerned with putting on what it seems to think the fans want to see, and sometimes that can come at the expense of the wrestlers as seen in the video Bill posted (that chair shot was totally unnecessary BTW).

Eh, I've stayed away from this thread because whatever I say I'm going to have to back it up and there is just so much that has to be said.

Are TNA employees underpaid? Yes, when compared too WWE employees. Does TNA have the resources and bankroll WWE has? No.

No one is forcing these wrestlers to work for TNA. Most of them are paid by appearance and they can take it or leave it. What TNA does offer all their employees is an opportunity that they might not get anywhere else. They allow them to showcase themselves and if they're worth it, then they'll see money. If they can't draw, then they won't see the money.

Wrestling has never been a secure career idea. I know it seems unfair when you hear what some guy whose been with WWE might be making compared with a guy like Eric Young, but EY hasn't done anything numbers wise to make himself more valuable. I'm not saying it's from a lack of effort either, it's just not easy to become a huge success nationally as a wrestler.

As for the unprotected head shots and risky work environment, the same can be said for all wrestling companies. ECW tried to damn near kill all of it's wrestlers and look at that crap CZW. No wrestling company is completely innocent, it's freaking wrestling. People were bitching about WWE doing away with chair shots to the head.

It's a very tricky subject, which is why I haven't been quick to respond to it.

I mean did Mick Foley have to get thrown off a cage? Or get hit with a chair nine times while hand cuffed? No, but both were events were instrumental in WWE becoming what it is today.

Alright, that's all I'll say in seriousness for now.

What I was originally going to say was ...

JBL soaping Edge's ass (as well as others) in the shower trumps everything that's been said about TNA so far lol.

Check out this clip of Randy Orton's uncle Barry discussing sexual harassment in the WWF.

[YOUTUBE]OTup2GJ_2qk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Quit not addressing his point! The only valid way to do that is to say TNA is an evil company that tries to murder its employees in the name of a few bucks. I mean someone took a chairshot. Do you need any more evidence? There is nothing more factual than one instance from months ago. Definitely do not bring up Anderson mentioning chairshots to the head and TNA taking steps against them recently. That isn't his point! Clearly the only thing WWE cares about is that great image they presently have so they spare no expense and do everything possible to keep their guys in the perfect health. I also saw a unicorn yesterday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back